Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

74775446 wrote:
3 months ago
There is quite clearly an improvement between those photos. There is no point in debating a picture we can see as well as each other but I would be willing to bet that if you showed this picture to 1,000 people and pointed out to them what you've pointed out to me, they'd still think there was a huge improvement.

My results suggest that 2 months isn't too long at all. I shed initially but after 2 months there was a big improvement from baseline.
Again, to summarize, it's just longer hair, with a different angle and different lightning. Even if his regimen would produce good results, they wouldn't show after 2 months. It just doesn't happen.

You see, that's the big problem with people who've just entered the world of hair loss and arrogantly think they know better than veterans who have more than 10 years of experience with this.

I know I'm going to get crucified for criticizing the positive vibe (that's apparently supposed to regrow hair) over there but again, this isn't the first time that this happens, it's a cycle that never seems to end.

And of course all the experienced members at HairlossTalk have left so I guess this guy below is also going to be praised for his 3 weeks (!) results? Even my fiancée who knows shit about hair loss saw the before/after picture above and said: "the lightning is different and he just has longer hair."

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ng.119323/

Now I'm waiting for the other members of this forum to chime in on this. I really have the best interests of the newbies in mind, I know how much you want to believe you've stumbled on a goldmine and your regimen will save you (and who knows, it might), all I'm suggesting here is that you tune down the enthusiasm and certainty. I've been there too and the landing back to reality is certainly not pleasant.

I see what's happening on HairlossTalk (or even tressless) at the moment as the blind leading the blind. You're lucky you had one experienced member ( @That Guy ) who bothered to chime in and try to give you a wake-up call.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1745772

They don't seem to understand that we have tried the dermarolling experiment as well and that we're actually on their side.

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by That Guy » 3 months ago

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
Again, to summarize, it's just longer hair, with a different angle and different lightning. Even if his regimen would produce good results, they wouldn't show after 2 months. It just doesn't happen.

You see, that's the big problem with people who've just entered the world of hair loss and arrogantly think they know better than veterans who have more than 10 years of experience with this.

I know I'm going to get crucified for criticizing the positive vibe (that's apparently supposed to regrow hair) over there but again, this isn't the first time that this happens, it's a cycle that never seems to end.

And of course all the experienced members at HairlossTalk have left so I guess this guy below is also going to be praised for his 3 weeks (!) results? Even my fiancée who knows shit about hair loss saw the before/after picture above and said: "the lightning is different and he just has longer hair."

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... ng.119323/

Now I'm waiting for the other members of this forum to chime in on this. I really have the best interests of the newbies in mind, I know how much you want to believe you've stumbled on a goldmine and your regimen will save you (and who knows, it might), all I'm suggesting here is that you tune down the enthusiasm and certainty. I've been there too and the landing back to reality is certainly not pleasant.

I see what's happening on HairlossTalk (or even tressless) at the moment as the blind leading the blind. You're lucky you had one experienced member ( @That Guy ) who bothered to chime in and try to give you a wake-up call.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1745772

They don't seem to understand that we have tried the dermarolling experiment as well and that we're actually on their side.
All the people ripping into me on HairLossTalk have been doing this for like a month and none have seen any great results.

They also can't read or get the idea that you don't need to keep rollin', rollin' rollin' WUT to see results.

I've had like 2 haircuts since I ended the dermarolling experiment. Any hair that resulted from it didn't grow to terminal length and shows no sign of doing so.

That means that in all the 24 or so dermarolling sessions, no one terminal hair was created. That's all there is to it. Anyone who has ever got good results from this, has seen so within 7 months.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

This thread on the tressless subreddit really says it all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comm ... ts_thread/

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
This thread on the tressless subreddit really says it all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comm ... ts_thread/
and not a picture in sight.

This one guy on HairLossTalk is telling me he's got "Somebody" level results but just...no pictures of his baseline. :roll:

and another called me a fucking idiot and said that you have to keep rolling to increase bloodflow

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

That Guy wrote:
3 months ago
and not a picture in sight.

This one guy on HairLossTalk is telling me he's got "Somebody" level results but just...no pictures of his baseline. :roll:

and another called me a fucking idiot and said that you have to keep rolling to increase bloodflow

When you've been on hair loss forums long enough, you see the patterns repeating, and by that I mean threads that will bloat to hundreds of pages with 99% of pure speculation and insults towards the more skeptical and down to earth veterans who warn the newbies that they've seen it before: dermarolling, natural treatments, head massages, "it's not DHT", stemoxydine, trinov, zinc thymulin and other overhyped treatments, etc.

Funny how Tsuji doesn't even compare to those, because well, you'll have to go to Japan, pay a shitload of money and actually undergo a transplant. That's not as easy, hopeful and expedient dermarolling 5 minutes a week or rubbing a lotion on your scalp. The attitude of the people in those threads says it all, it's like the treatment becomes a cult and their followers want to burn any heretic at the stake.

It sure is going to be interesting, funny, and sad to check back on those threads in 6 months or so. Almost everyone will have jumped ship and hide in shame because the second coming they so fervently believed in didn't happen.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 3 months ago

Sorry if i didnt bother reading through 10+ pages of this thread, but what are the motives of many posters convincing people that their treatments work, even if they arent monetizing their method? I mean sure, convincing hundreds of people online that coffee enemas will regrow hair is somewhat funny in the beginning, but it doesnt really do much for you in the real world...

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 3 months ago

I think I am a good example to prove that dermarolling doesn't work or at least doesn't work to the degree people claim it does. I am young, nearly 22, my hair loss is not as aggressive as others' here and I dermarolled daily with 1.5mm needles before applying Minoxidil for the past 6 months. Given all that I should have got my hair back in no time but that didn't happen. I can't spot any noticeable difference between now and before I started. I even think that my hair might have got even thinner because of wounding my scalp so often. I might give up on dermarolling altogether.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

koolaidshade wrote:
3 months ago
Sorry if i didnt bother reading through 10+ pages of this thread, but what are the motives of many posters convincing people that their treatments work, even if they arent monetizing their method? I mean sure, convincing hundreds of people online that coffee enemas will regrow hair is somewhat funny in the beginning, but it doesnt really do much for you in the real world...
They want to convince themselves more than anything else, I know because I've been there, trying to convince people that my natural method worked. It's so easy to do because hair loss can be slow and our perception flawed based on what we want to see.

To the point that they also see results that simply aren't there in others too. And it's very understandable, but the reality is that we've been there before for the very same treatment, insane experimenation took place on the private forum stopaga, some people were butchering their scalps, everyone was encouraging each other and were sure they were seeing something.

Where did it lead to? That whole forum was shut down a few days ago, and all the threads about dermarolling on them had died out.

It simply didn't work.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 3 months ago

at this point I believe that the only viable solution to hair loss is hair transplant, beyond that there are anti androgens, all else is bullshit and a waste of time, people pump themselves up over some natural treatments because they simple want to believe that it is working, minoxidil might have a good initial effect on your hair because it simply pumps your head with more blood supply so the dying hair might regain their strength but there is not much after this.

I experienced good effect after 3 months on Minoxidil but after that there was nothing new. So my advice to balding guys would be to get a hair transplant and start taking anti androgens because we dont have anything else to combat hair loss. That is the definite answer to hairloss for 2018 and probably 2019.

Sorry lads but this is the reality. Dont get your hopes too high over any hair loss drugs. Save money, get a good hair transplant, take your Finasteride/Dutasteride and wait for what the future will bring.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 3 months ago

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
They want to convince themselves more than anything else, I know because I've been there, trying to convince people that my natural method worked. It's so easy to do because hair loss can be slow and our perception flawed based on what we want to see.

To the point that they also see results that simply aren't there in others too. And it's very understandable, but the reality is that we've been there before for the very same treatment, insane experimenation took place on the private forum stopaga, some people were butchering their scalps, everyone was encouraging each other and were sure they were seeing something.

Where did it lead to? That whole forum was shut down a few days ago, and all the threads about dermarolling on them had died out.

It simply didn't work.
Hmm i understand now. I think i had an acquaintance of mine kept trying to convince me to take weird supplements and go on a gluten-free diet, which he was doing himself since he saw that he was norwooding. Several months to at least a year later, the obvious resulted. I guess he was also trying to convince himself, and others, that his method worked. Some kind of an extended "buyer's remorse" phenomenon.

I don't feel bad for him since I did mention treatments (even keto shampoo) to him years ago, and he was just an intolerable, ignorant gymcel to hang around with.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

koolaidshade wrote:
3 months ago
Hmm i understand now. I think i had an acquaintance of mine kept trying to convince me to take weird supplements and go on a gluten-free diet, which he was doing himself since he saw that he was norwooding. Several months to at least a year later, the obvious resulted. I guess he was also trying to convince himself, and others, that his method worked. Some kind of an extended "buyer's remorse" phenomenon.

I don't feel bad for him since I did mention treatments (even keto shampoo) to him years ago, and he was just an intolerable, ignorant gymcel to hang around with.
Oh God, I also went through that gluten-free diet phase because I thought it would save my hair. These theories were really going strong on hair loss forums (HairlossTalk, ImmortalHair) and well, having already lost half my Norwood 6 area at the age of 20, I was desperate to believe anything. A bit like those guys with dermarolling right now, firmly believing as @That Guy puts it that they'll save their hair by needling their scalps once a week with a 12€ dermaroller.

Now don't get me wrong, I still wish them the best, maybe it could do something to maintain their hair longer, maybe they'll stumble on gold, the chances of that are almost zero but who knows? If their experiment works, by all means, come back here in 6 months and plaster your before/after all over my face. But I highly doubt it's going to happen.

When you go through such phase, it's really, really hard to backtrack and admit you were wrong. The arrogance they display (maybe like your gymcel acquaintance) just pours out all over the place, along with deep resentment and vitriol against anyone who dares to express even the slightest doubt about their method.

Anyway, I'm just watching this from the outside, and it's like watching the fourth sequel of a B-movie, the same story recycled once again. The ending is predictable and not one bit enjoyable, at least for me since another generation of newbies will fall prey to false hope.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

The first guy has a lot more hair, because he didn't have his head shaved.

All the guys in Dhurat's study were between twenty and thirty four. All of them
had their hair shaved in the experiment.

The guy on top should get a buzz cut, and then show his scalp. That would be
a more fair assessment of his situation.
That Guy wrote:
10 months ago
Further, I stand by my point that his results aren't much better than Dhurat's study. It's just that he got better results on the hair line. To be fair, I can't recall at the moment if they actually even tried it on the hair line in the dhurat study or if it was just the crown/vertex because that's common in hairloss experiments.

That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
The first guy has a lot more hair, because he didn't have his head shaved.

All the guys in Dhurat's study were between twenty and thirty four. All of them
had their hair shaved in the experiment.

The guy on top should get a buzz cut, and then show his scalp. That would be
a more fair assessment of his situation.
See, the patient 1 to me seems legit. His hair has been cut to be the same length as his baseline, and even growing it out, he'd still have that obvious bald spot.

Patient 2 is dubious, as the hair on the top of his head is obviously a lot longer and would be sufficient to cover most of the diffuse.

MyThinningConfidence
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: finasteride 1.25mg, microneedling, fish oil, scalp massage and exercise
Zinc pyrithione, Nizoral, Lipogaine Big 5 used interchangeably
Plus additional lifestyle changes like exercise, eating healthier and sunlight exposure for Vitamin D

Post by MyThinningConfidence » 3 months ago

That Guy wrote:
3 months ago
All the people ripping into me on HairLossTalk have been doing this for like a month and none have seen any great results.

They also can't read or get the idea that you don't need to keep rollin', rollin' rollin' WUT to see results.

I've had like 2 haircuts since I ended the dermarolling experiment. Any hair that resulted from it didn't grow to terminal length and shows no sign of doing so.

That means that in all the 24 or so dermarolling sessions, no one terminal hair was created. That's all there is to it. Anyone who has ever got good results from this, has seen so within 7 months.
Personally I saw results almost by the week with microneedling which seems unrealistic but granted they were very small hairs thin hairs so in my opinion you only need maybe a month or so to see if you're a responder to microneedling. Studies also reflect this timeframe

http://www.ijtrichology.com/article.asp ... ast=Dhurat
Hair regrowth noted at only 1 week This reflects my experience as I typically noted new hairs forming by around 8 days, I had always thought I just grew hair faster than most people here but supposedly it's normal.

Initiation of new hair growth was noticeable by around 6 weeks in Microneedling group and by 10 weeks in Minoxidil group.
Rapid growth in the existing hair was seen at week 1 in the Microneedling group than Minoxidil group

Additionally here is my very first album showing regrowth with microneedling only plus some of my more recent albums, I'm very clearly growing hair deep into the slick bald area. If I'm lucky I might even be able to hit NW2.5 from a NW4.5 which is fairly crazy but it's a painfully slow process, currently experimenting with ways to accelerate the process so I can begin living out the last of my youth.

First

Current

layabout
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: dermarolling/minoxidil/microdose finasteride

Post by layabout » 3 months ago

I'm getting crazy results from microneedling and minoxidil. My biggest problem is not knowing which minoxidil to use. I bought one that has licorice extract and haven't applied it yet cuz I'm scared that shit might be an epilator. Wouldn't wanna undo all my Derminator success :oops:

@Admin what's your take on this. is licorice extract safe for scalp?