Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Dermapen and minoxidil

Re: Dermarolling and using current treatments to enhance regrowth

Post by 74775446 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:50 pm

JasonStatham wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:36 pm
Good for him to have such nice hair. But I'm still waiting for the moment that people can make a before and after picture with the same fucking conditions. You cant such grow your hair out more and comb it to the side as a compare picture. But normies will love it and dermaroll into virginity.
My results:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqvHSQGjfAFk96jg7
supremegentleman wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:14 pm
Yeah and you can see that the hair is combed over from left to right and on the buzz cut the left side is the weak side
I don't want to spam so you'll be the last person I respond to with my results but I'll hang around for any questions. I've covered all angles, lengths, light conditions as best I can:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqvHSQGjfAFk96jg7

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Anyway, despite all this, your results have encouraged me to continue to dermaroll, but I will now do so every 10 days as waiting more may be more beneficial judging by the information I've seen lately. It's a bit sad that the guy who has brought up this thread on HairlossTalk and some people responding to it have seen my criticisms of dermarolling as an attempt to dismiss it as a scam. I've never said that though, and I have not stopped my own experiment with it.

I read that earlier, made me laugh.

Something about the guys on the Belgian forum are calling it a scam.

Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by 74775446 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:34 pm

shadylane wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:37 pm
I read that earlier, made me laugh.

Something about the guys on the Belgian forum are calling it a scam.
"OK, I think it's time to settle this once and for all for anyone who still had doubts about it since the first Indian dermarolling study came out in 2013.
Dermarolling for hair loss basically doesn't do shit."

"Something I've noticed and that is not specific to dermarolling in the world of hair loss is that people who start it all over the place never come back to tell us that it did jack shit for them. And all you've left with are that handful of shady cases where the guy was also taking finasteride and drinking gallons of minoxidil. And the fact that Somebody and a couple of other people are the only ones benefiting from this treatment is not normal. Some of them if not all of them tricked the general public, had a hair transplant and then tried to make money starting a BS hair loss YouTube channel."

"I guess @That Guy never had any visible results with his dermarolling experiment either otherwise he'd be telling us here. So yeah, I'd just say, don't bother. As shookwun said on HairlossTalk, they tricked us with different angles, lightning and hair lengths in the studies. Hope really is a dangerous thing when it comes to male pattern baldness, I knew something was up based on the lack of before/after on the whole internet while it's now been 5 years that dermarolling sort of went mainstream in the hair loss community."

Most of these are statements of fact. I do not blame anyone who read this post and concluded that it had been dismissed as a scam, especially when @admin is accusing people with positive results of "tricking" everyone else in some way.

I'm new to all of this so I don't really get why there seems to be rivalry between different forums, when everyone on them is wanting the same thing.

Maybe some people regrow hair and don't bother coming back online to report it because, well, they've got hair and now have other things to worry about. There's also the distinct possibility that anyone who does come back with positive results will be dismissed as a scammer, like I was.

I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but I've had amazing results and have now posted more before and after photos than I've ever seen anyone else post, regardless of treatment. Whether or not other people grow hair is of no concern to me, really, but I have done my best to help. If somebody finds a treatment that works for them and tries to make money from it then good on them, I say.

shadylane
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Regimen: Minoxdil, Zinc Thymulin, Keto Cream, Derminator

Post by shadylane » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:14 pm

74775446 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:34 pm
"OK, I think it's time to settle this once and for all for anyone who still had doubts about it since the first Indian dermarolling study came out in 2013.
Dermarolling for hair loss basically doesn't do shit."

"Something I've noticed and that is not specific to dermarolling in the world of hair loss is that people who start it all over the place never come back to tell us that it did jack shit for them. And all you've left with are that handful of shady cases where the guy was also taking finasteride and drinking gallons of minoxidil. And the fact that Somebody and a couple of other people are the only ones benefiting from this treatment is not normal. Some of them if not all of them tricked the general public, had a hair transplant and then tried to make money starting a BS hair loss YouTube channel."

"I guess @That Guy never had any visible results with his dermarolling experiment either otherwise he'd be telling us here. So yeah, I'd just say, don't bother. As shookwun said on HairlossTalk, they tricked us with different angles, lightning and hair lengths in the studies. Hope really is a dangerous thing when it comes to male pattern baldness, I knew something was up based on the lack of before/after on the whole internet while it's now been 5 years that dermarolling sort of went mainstream in the hair loss community."

Most of these are statements of fact. I do not blame anyone who read this post and concluded that it had been dismissed as a scam, especially when @admin is accusing people with positive results of "tricking" everyone else in some way.

I'm new to all of this so I don't really get why there seems to be rivalry between different forums, when everyone on them is wanting the same thing.

Maybe some people regrow hair and don't bother coming back online to report it because, well, they've got hair and now have other things to worry about. There's also the distinct possibility that anyone who does come back with positive results will be dismissed as a scammer, like I was.

I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but I've had amazing results and have now posted more before and after photos than I've ever seen anyone else post, regardless of treatment. Whether or not other people grow hair is of no concern to me, really, but I have done my best to help. If somebody finds a treatment that works for them and tries to make money from it then good on them, I say.
I realise that but everyone on here wasn't saying it was scam. I personally believe in the wounding theory and started myself around a month ago, also I believe you are genuine as you have posted more than enough photographic evidence.

Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by 74775446 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:31 pm

shadylane wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:14 pm
I realise that but everyone on here wasn't saying it was scam. I personally believe in the wounding theory and started myself around a month ago, also I believe you are genuine as you have posted more than enough photographic evidence.
I realise not everyone is but the administrator of the site clearly dismissed it as a scam, while accusing people with positive results of having "tricked" the community. Perhaps this was cleared up in subsequent posts but you can read the post as well as I can and there is no denying that he states "it does not work", while accusing people of tricking everyone.

Baldness becomes a self fulfilling prophecy when you think like that: either he won't believe any genuine results, or people who do have a solution have no desire to help him, lest they be accused of playing tricks in some way.

As much as I'd love to believe in altruism, why would someone with positive results bother updating strangers on the internet? I posted my results and deleted everything because of the backlash I got on various sites - I suspect posting results just isn't worth it for most.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling every 10 days

Post by Admin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:53 pm

74775446 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:34 pm

This forum has been created for reasons that had nothing to do with hair loss, almost all of us here were members of HairlossTalk before their moderator Wolf Pack banned me permanently for absolutely no reason. Everyone noticed and that's largely why they followed me here.

There is no rivalry, at least I don't want there to be any, I'm interested in the pursuit of truth in the hair loss realm, I have been since I was given my diagnosis. That's why I keep an eye on the rare interesting threads on HairlossTalk and try to give my honest opinion about them.

I've been on the hair loss scene for 10 years now so I can safely say I've seen it all. What you say above is one of the first rationalization that people will use, but that's just not the case. People tend to come back and share their good results, and from what I've seen, the exact opposite is true when they don't get good results.

That's why you sometimes see hair transplant threads where you can immediately see that the guy has been butchered by some obscure Thai surgeon post right after their hair transplant and then never come back.

Here's an example:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... cs.102827/

The hair loss community is by nature very skeptical and suspicious. If hair loss sufferers even catch a wiff that you might be trying to trick us, they're going to come after you, the longer they've been dealing with hair loss forums, the harsher they will tend to be.

So the most optimistic people (who often still have almost all their hair and are new to the hair loss world) will tend to be ecstatic about your results while people like me will say "wait a minute, you're using minoxidil and such result from minoxidil alone is not unheard of."

That said, I really hope some solid and lasting results come out of this. It really seems that dermarolling can be beneficial for diffuse thinners if they catch it early enough, but we still don't know how long the effects last.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:47 am

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1737967
FCKW36 wrote:Why is this a hype again? This whole dermarolling thing is sooo old and never gave any one results apart from this study. On stopaga several people tried it for months.
This guy actually has a good point, I have an account on stopaga and there are people who have actually been rolling for months, years on there, some of them butchering their scalp like you cannot imagine, even doing peelings on their scalps. Some of the cases are well documented, the post pictures after years of dermarolling with their hair not being in much better shape, and you always feel like there's something off with the angle and the lightning, like they're trying to convince themselves more than anything.

Here's the URL of the forum in question, you can try to create and account, get it validated (not sure the admin still accepts newcomers) and see for youself:

http://stopaga.com

Some of us know that this dermarolling craze is not new at all, as I've said, it's been around since 2013 and contrary to what the newbies on HairlossTalk and tressless will have you believe, it has been tried to death already. I see the same pattern emerging over and over again, now the "believers" are coming after anyone who is skeptical like rabbid dogs, 5 years ago, I was that guy and I apparently still am to an extent.

Their aggressiveness and viciousness surely sound familiar:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... st-1737996
kiwi666 wrote:Sigh. There are some real muppets out there eh. And even with photos - which never happens!

Fuck that guy. Fuck him in his hairy bung hole. We should transplant his rim hairs to his stoopid face.
That said, I'm off to my what... 30th dermarolling session on my crown in more than 6 months? Still barely anything to report.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil (15% AM/30%PM/ faster hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:05 am

Alright, I've caved in.

Tomorrow, I am going to show a picture of six new terminal hairs, on my Norwood 4
hairline, which I am proud to say have grown since dermarolling has taken place.

Doubters beware! It is true, despite the fact I've lost twenty to forty thousand follicle
to androgen alopecia, I feel this is a huge break through!

And, to sell this even further, you will NOT, see this on hairlosstalk. How do you like that,
NW0 FKR? FUCK YOU!!!!

For the record, I believe in Dermarolling. I also believe that Tom Cruise is 100% right about
excercise killing depression, and I believe that Jesus is our heavenly father.

Amen

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 am

rclark how long have you been dermarolling for to see new hair? I still see little to no difference with dermarolling and I do what you do.

On the other hand, I bought this gold dermaroller that both Somebody and Admin use and I have to say it is worse than my previous one from Skin Radiance. I’ll probably go back to it. (no advertisement intended)

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:01 pm

supremegentleman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 am
rclark how long have you been dermarolling for to see new hair? I still see little to no difference with dermarolling and I do what you do.

On the other hand, I bought this gold dermaroller that both Somebody and Admin use and I have to say it is worse than my previous one from Skin Radiance. I’ll probably go back to it. (no advertisement intended)
Way too many newbies are getting carried away based on results that could reasonably be attributed to either minoxidil, finasteride, or their combination. Now it is very possible that it slightly boost their respective efficacy, but the results that are shared around shouldn't give too much false hopes to young hair loss sufferers.

Back in 2011, when I was sharing my minoxidil only before/after, I was called a liar by quite a few people since my transformation was quite incredible. There was no dermarolling in the equation. It's not that common for sure, but I'd say it's as common as the ratio of dermarolling transformation, ie. very rare.

Anyway, comments like the one below should shared around way more:

I see the hype getting out of hand on both reddit and HairlossTalk and it's dangerous to an extent. I hope this time, more people acknowledge that very little to nothing happened to the vast majority of people who once again attempted this experiment.

This thread is most likely going to suffer the same fate as this one on BaldTruthTalk:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/1 ... nity-Trial

Started in 2013 and 5 years later, only a handful positive before/after of people mostly regrowing something a bit better than vellus hair in terms of quality (lots of shaved heads) and too many of them were already using traditional proven treatments like minoxidil and finasteride.

Again, I say all this while still diligently dermarolling with a 1.5mm dermaroller on my crown every 10 days. It's going to be almost 7 months that I'm doing that now, and there is still no substantial improvement. I'm going to dermaroll for about 1.5 month more and drop it a few weeks before I get my last hair transplant. I have a feeling my surgeon is probably not going to be like "oh your 9 months of dermarolling really helped, where am I going to put the grafts now?!".

Beware of false hope kids.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil (15% AM/30%PM/ faster hair growth only).

Post by rclark » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Here are the pictures, and I thought I would be further. That said,
I have about ten new terminal hairs on my right temple. It's more receded
then my left temple. Pay attention to the temple area at the bottom.
You can see the sparse terminal hairs near the bottom right corner.

Hairline/right temple:
20181205_right_temple.jpg
20181205_right_temple.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 161 times
Close up view, see the terminal hairs
20181205_right_temple_closup.jpg
20181205_right_temple_closup.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 161 times

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:50 pm

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... 6/page-118

What do you guys think of the results compiled on that page and the next one?

I've seen some of them before and yeah, some of them are quite impressive.

It's becoming common knowledge in the hair loss world that dermarolling should be implemented as soon as possible in a big three regimen. It seems it could do wonders for maintenance.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:13 am

If that's legit...

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by rclark » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:40 am

That Guy wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:13 am

If that's legit...
The problem is, he is probably taking something else.

It's the same problem with the published dermarolling study.

All the men in the study were taking Finasteride and Minoxidil, as well as young.
They were all between twenty and thirty five.

It could be any number of things that regrew their hair. I'm seeing regrowth, but I've
been seeing a small amount of terminal hairs (very small, less than five), even before dermarolling.
Last edited by rclark on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:22 am

rclark wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:40 am
The problem is, he is probably taking something else.

It's the same problem with the published dermarolling study.

All the men in the study were taking Finasteride and Minoxidil, as well as young.
They were all between twenty five and thirty five.

It could be any number of things that regrew their hair. I'm seeing regrowth, but I've
been seeing small amount of terminal hairs (very small, less than five), even before dermarolling.
It says he takes finasteride and minoxidil.

Even then, I've never seen someone get actual hairline regrowth like that on just finasteride and minoxidil.

Also, in the dhurat study the men only took minoxidil and she had done a follow-up study using only patients who previous treatments didn't work for.

The fishy thing to me is the time frame. This guy goes from having completely bald temples to them nearly full-grown back in barely four months time?