Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 737
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 1229
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by Hairblues » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
Yes. I only used Estrogen for a short period of time. It
was used from March - May of 2018.

I used too much (.1%), which caused physical changes.

If I use it again, it will be a much smaller amount than
before.
And progesterone? Any physical sides? Or in blood work?

What strength do you use?

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
6 months ago
And progesterone? Any physical sides? Or in blood work?

What strength do you use?
An extremely high strength. I didn't get much resistance either, I asked
for a higher one a couple of times.

No feminine side effects for me at all. In fact I have a beard as well.

I take two percent in Promox (20 milligrams = 2% Topical), and I also
take the maximum with Murray's (Med Wellness center), which is 0.5%.

I'm happy with them.

Side Note: I dermaroll them in my hair, all over the top. That includes
the hair line as well.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Marki wrote:
6 months ago
How long before your body came back to normal - or do you still have some gyno?
I quit after two months, or possibly less.

After that I went to the gym every day. Also,
it should be noted I took testosterone supplements.

So, the combination of both, it went back to "normal".

I've always been a little overweight. So my "normal" is
flat relative to guys my age.

So, first I put in the high Minoxidil/Finasteride/Progesterone, and
then I dermaroll everything using a 1.5 millimeter needle.

So far, my vertex hair has been growing back. I even have some
terminal temple hair as well.

User avatar
Marki
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 91
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 100

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by Marki » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
I quit after two months, or possibly less.

After that I went to the gym every day. Also,
it should be noted I took testosterone supplements.

So, the combination of both, it went back to "normal".

I've always been a little overweight. So my "normal" is
flat relative to guys my age.

So, first I put in the high Minoxidil/Finasteride/Progesterone, and
then I dermaroll everything using a 1.5 millimeter needle.

So far, my vertex hair has been growing back. I even have some
terminal temple hair as well.
Did you lose the gains after you went off?

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Marki wrote:
6 months ago
Did you lose the gains after you went off?
No, the Progesterone keeps all of my hair in. In fact, I shed probably
around ten to twenty hairs a month.

To be honest, if it wasn't for dermarolling, I probably would shed
even less.

I lose less hair than a man who has no genetic disposition to
androgen alopecia.

User avatar
Marki
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 91
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 100

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by Marki » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
No, the Progesterone keeps all of my hair in. In fact, I shed probably
around ten to twenty hairs a month.

To be honest, if it wasn't for dermarolling, I probably would shed
even less.

I lose less hair than a man who has no genetic disposition to
androgen alopecia.
"No, the Progesterone keeps all of my hair in."

What about when you went off it, did you lose the gains?

Or are you saying you went off E but stayed on P?

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 737
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 1229
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by Hairblues » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
No, the Progesterone keeps all of my hair in. In fact, I shed probably
around ten to twenty hairs a month.

To be honest, if it wasn't for dermarolling, I probably would shed
even less.

I lose less hair than a man who has no genetic disposition to
androgen alopecia.

But women I know who take progesterone feel crazy on it if they don’t need it. Like PMS but all the time.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
6 months ago
But women I know who take progesterone feel crazy on it if they don’t need it. Like PMS but all the time.
In some scientific papers, Progesterone causes type II diabetes (or can cause it).

http://jme.endocrinology-journals.org/c ... 9.full.pdf

Eventually I will have to taper down.

My personality is introverted, and I have to say, that Progesterone doesn't help
it at all.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 737
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 1229
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by Hairblues » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
In some scientific papers, Progesterone causes type II diabetes (or can cause it).

http://jme.endocrinology-journals.org/c ... 9.full.pdf

Eventually I will have to taper down.

My personality is introverted, and I have to say, that Progesterone doesn't help
it at all.
I’m actually surprised youre introverted.
I’m afraid progesterone would mess with my period cycle too much I have to look into the dose vs sides.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Hairblues wrote:
6 months ago
I’m actually surprised youre introverted.
I’m afraid progesterone would mess with my period cycle too much I have to look into the dose vs sides.
Progesterone has interesting side effects in vitro, before birth. There was a Danish
study that reported two things.

1. In mothers taking it during pregnancy, men had a higher chance of having
sexual attraction towards men. This does NOT apply to me, because I have
no desire to be with a man.

2. What is really interesting, is it had the OPPOSITE effect with women. It turns
out that women are more likely to have attraction for other women, and at the
very least be bisexual.

That doesn't necessarily equate to feminization, or masulization. It just means
that Progesterone is a chemical that causes bonding emotions, and that they
were more likely to bond with more people.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 737
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 1229
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by Hairblues » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
Progesterone has interesting side effects in vitro, before birth. There was a Danish
study that reported two things.

1. In mothers taking it during pregnancy, men had a higher chance of having
sexual attraction towards men. This does NOT apply to me, because I have
no desire to be with a man.

2. What is really interesting, is it had the OPPOSITE effect with women. It turns
out that women are more likely to have attraction for other women, and at the
very least be bisexual.

That doesn't necessarily equate to feminization, or masulization. It just means
that Progesterone is a chemical that causes bonding emotions, and that they
were more likely to bond with more people.
Yeah I just don’t want it to make my period irregular or make me a raging bitch.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Marki wrote:
6 months ago
"No, the Progesterone keeps all of my hair in."

What about when you went off it, did you lose the gains?

Or are you saying you went off E but stayed on P?
Did not have much gains, but I kept
them.

I have been on Progesterone since
2016.

I still take it.

I only took Estrogen for two months.

User avatar
Marki
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 91
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 100

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by Marki » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
Did not have much gains, but I kept
them.

I have been on Progesterone since
2016.

I still take it.

I only took Estrogen for two months.
Ya I think with your hair now you'd have to go bridgeburn route to reach Bonjouvi status. But i think in your 40's is the best time to do it, since T starts to drop off in mid life so maintaining would be easier. If you did T building sports in your youth that might be a strong precursor to male pattern baldness.

Scenes like these are common among athletes, body gets bigger while mane shrinks:
Attachments
mcgwire-before-and-after.png
mcgwire-before-and-after.png (485.76 KiB) Viewed 543 times
barry bonds.jpg
barry bonds.jpg (42.82 KiB) Viewed 543 times

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

It works just as well. Although twelve of the men, out of forty five, had less density when
switching from oral to topical, The majority had improvements, and some had gain almost
all of their hair back.

This is .1%, which equals one milligram.

Please see the link below. The study was done in India.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314881/

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 974
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Topical finasteride, progesterone and shedding

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

Marki wrote:
6 months ago
Ya I think with your hair now you'd have to go bridgeburn route to reach Bonjouvi status. But i think in your 40's is the best time to do it, since T starts to drop off in mid life so maintaining would be easier. If you did T building sports in your youth that might be a strong precursor to male pattern baldness.
Hormones definitely do have a negative effect on hair. Most
of my hairloss was in my twenties, when I had a lot more testosterone/
DHT than I do know.

It's too late for my scalp to become Bonjouvi status.
Lindsey Buckingham status is possible though.
lindsey_buckingham.jpg
lindsey_buckingham.jpg (10.75 KiB) Viewed 509 times
Unfortunately my hair line has expired. I can get density
back on my vertex area, but that's it.

Buckingham was smart about his transplant. He only did
the parts that he had to "get by".

When you see him in interviews now, he has a symmetrical
hair line. And it's thick because he didn't "over extend" his transplant.

And I'm happy with Norwood three, as I am close to fifty. If I had
Norwood four or higher in my twenties or thirties, I would
of gotten a transplant to take care of it.
Last edited by rclark 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest