What shampoo are you using?

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: What shampoo are you using?

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

Just an update, I just stopped using conditioner every day. I'm reading different posts
about it. I thought it was alright for daily usage, but now I'm not so sure.

Some of them say you should only do it as much as shampooing, although I know shampoo
temporarily makes hair strands thinner.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

I only shampoo twice a week, with nizoral left in for a few minutes and condition it out.

The rest of the week I just wash it through with water, and rinse it as I wash the rest of me.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 month ago

I use baby shampoo daily

I've been somewhat less consistent with my use of nizoral although I still use it ~2x a week, massaging it into the scalp and letting it sit for ~10 min, then rinsing it out and conditioning. I've become less convinced that it does anything directly for male pattern baldness, apart from maybe helping promote an overall healthy scalp environment and maybe countering any potential negative effects of prolonged minoxidil use

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 1 month ago

So right now i've updated my routine to using 2% keto shampoo EOD or on days i workout/sweat a lot, and using adenosine shampoo (adenovital) on the "off" days. My new conditioner is the Paul Mitchell anti-thinning conditioner. I only got that conditioner because i intended on getting the original tea tree one but it had peppermint which bugs my scalp. I'm hoping this new conditioner helps with scalp dryness, sebhorreic dermatitis, and makes my hair look better unlike the others. I'd rather spend an extra several bucks on stuff like this if it helps instead of using shit walmart conditioner

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 1 month ago

The adenovital shampoo might be a good shampoo but it doesn't contain any adenosine, adenosine is in their scalp treatment product which is part of the adenovital line.

are there any good conditioner that actually make your hair thicker or do all of them make your hair thinner and flat? that was the case with conditioner that I used and stopped using them. although none of them said thickening conditioner so maybe that was the reason, actually those were my mother's conditioners xD

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Post by koolaidshade » 1 month ago

supremegentleman wrote:
1 month ago
The adenovital shampoo might be a good shampoo but it doesn't contain any adenosine, adenosine is in their scalp treatment product which is part of the adenovital line.

are there any good conditioner that actually make your hair thicker or do all of them make your hair thinner and flat? that was the case with conditioner that I used and stopped using them. although none of them said thickening conditioner so maybe that was the reason, actually those were my mother's conditioners xD
The shampoo does have adenosine: https://www.pro.shiseido.com/en/product/ca-ad-shampoo

The "Hello Hydration" conditioner from herbal essences was good at making my hair fluffy, smooth, and non-dry. It kind of moisturized my scalp better than most, and its very cheap to get at least a liter of it (<$7). Used it for almost a year until now, even used it when i was traveling. If you're on a tight budget and don't know where to start, this one's alright i guess

The paul mitchell stuff i got smells really good to me though, kind of strong but i use it at night and the smell dies off in the morning.