All current hair loss solutions are bullshit

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
Char
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 5 months ago

I've been balding ever since 18 years old. Now I'm almost 25. I've tried almost every hair loss solution currently available and I can tell you about my experience.

Finasteride – gave me fucking sides. I already had a fucking gyno, but I thought that it'll be safe. Then I had a numb dick and reduced libido. Quit it and still have not 100% recovered.
Minoxidil – only 3% regrowth rate, fucking bullshit. Does not work after 2 years of usage.
Fucking wigs – messing with retarded glues, motherfucking itching and trying to make it look right, fuck it. You'll think that technology has improved by now, but no it's still bullshit.
Hair transplants – they will not give me Norwood 0 that I crave. They'll only make my hair line slightly less retarded and I have a shitty crown, so even if I transplant all of my donor hair it'll still look like shit.
SMP – You think this shit is not noticeable. My father saw a guy with SMP and immediately noticed that something was wrong with his hair. Besides you'll still look bald.
PRP, laser helmets, saw palmetto – No comment, fucking scams.
Toppik – looks like I emptied a bag of dust on my crown, not to mention it does not even work on the hair line.

Anyways, this is a pretty pointless rant that will not change anything.
I'm sure that for some of you finasteride did wonders, but it is not for me.

What is your opinion of the current hair loss solutions?

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 5 months ago

It's true. Every place around the globe is saying "stem cell therapy" is the new cure. Of course this has been said since 2011, and
it still hasn't happened yet.

After spending too much money on expensive treatments, I've found 0.5 Dustasteride, which I only pay a small amount for, is much better
(hair wise) then any bullshit therapy I took in the past.

I still have a shitty hair line, that said, I think I might actually drop to a Norwood three some day. The "in between" terminal and dead hair
follicles are actually starting to "revive" themselves. Of course, it's too late for me to go lower than that. I started too late in life.

Live and learn, I guess.

crook
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Nothing

Post by crook » 2 weeks ago

Hello @Char. I used Finasteride for nearly 2.5 years. I quit using the drug 1.5 years ago. I'm still suffering from finasteride related side effects viz. Reduced Sensitivity of Genitals and Loss of Libido etc. Have you recovered from these sides? Is there any hope? Would like to hear from you.

Char
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 2 weeks ago

crook wrote:
2 weeks ago
Hello @Char. I used Finasteride for nearly 2.5 years. I quit using the drug 1.5 years ago. I'm still suffering from finasteride related side effects viz. Reduced Sensitivity of Genitals and Loss of Libido etc. Have you recovered from these sides? Is there any hope? Would like to hear from you.
I still have some loss of sensitivity, but I think that finasteride just accelerated my aging in that area and that is because of that. I used to be abnormally sensitive in that area.

My libido is not sky high like it used to be, it is actually very low and that may also be due to finasteride or me just being less interested in those things since I had to focus on other things.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 week ago

Char wrote:
5 months ago
Finasteride – gave me fucking sides. I already had a fucking gyno, but I thought that it'll be safe. Then I had a numb dick and reduced libido. Quit it and still have not 100% recovered.
A lot of the guys who say this are actually PIED, death-grip syndrome, etc.

If you've quit it and not recovered, there are likely other issues at play.
Char wrote:
2 weeks ago
I still have some loss of sensitivity, but I think that finasteride just accelerated my aging in that area and that is because of that. I used to be abnormally sensitive in that area.
It's not possible for finasteride to "accelerate aging". Penis sensitivity does naturally decline with age and also with too frequent wanking and sex.
Char wrote:
5 months ago
Hair transplants – they will not give me Norwood 0 that I crave. They'll only make my hair line slightly less retarded and I have a shitty crown, so even if I transplant all of my donor hair it'll still look like shit.
There's a bizarre take that I have seen people spout over the years about how "transplants are for high norwoods".

Exactly the opposite is true. Getting a transplant at anything above Nw4 is essentially a waste of money, skin and time.

My opinion of the current solutions is that if one gets on finasteride and has a transplant done while they are a low nw, then you can effectively cure your hairloss. It's certainly better than what was around before: Fuckin' nothing.

But they are not desirable for a host of reasons unrelated to results, expensive, and they are not good long-term solutions.

It sucks taking finasteride, we do know it CAN have bad side effects in a minority of cases, but the real issue is that the drug has not been around long enough and taken by men for long enough to really know exactly what can happen taking a brain-chemical blocking drug for say 50+ years.

That, for me, is the real big problem with the current treatments. We have no idea what can actually happen when you're 60 and you've been on the drug since 20 because nobody has been and they aren't studying it. They insist that it doesn't have negative affects on childbirth despite it being detectable in semen at low levels, but I have my doubts; such a statement really doesn't make sense. Pregnant women aren't even supposed to HANDLE the fucking tablets, but you're expected to believe it literally getting up in her guts and into an egg wouldn't cause any problems?

Bullshit. To my knowledge, there aren't even studies that have followed the development of children born to fathers who were on finasteride during conception.

If I was trying to get a girl pregnant, I would probably stop taking the drug during that time and during her pregnancy

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

That, for me, is the real big problem with the current treatments. We have no idea what can actually happen when you're 60 and you've been on the drug since 20 because nobody has been and they aren't studying it. They insist that it doesn't have negative affects on childbirth despite it being detectable in semen at low levels, but I have my doubts; such a statement really doesn't make sense. Pregnant women aren't even supposed to HANDLE the fucking tablets, but you're expected to believe it literally getting up in her guts and into an egg wouldn't cause any problems?
There are definitely a lot of dangerous unkowns about hair loss medications out there.

There is a scientific report on how Finasteride and Dustasteride can cause diabetes, which effects males more than females.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/well ... -risk.html

Avodart is the United States drug name for Dustasteride.

I quit Dustasteride, because although I am getting the aging affects of a lower libido (I'm in my fifties), after quitting it for over a month it is coming back. Now I get my "morning wood" back, when I get a good nights sleep.

Now, if only I could find someone who will have sex with me.
Last edited by rclark 1 week ago, edited 5 times in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

I struggle with morning wood.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!