Long term plan without finasteride, help needed FUE+BHT+SMP

Discuss proven and experimental available hair loss solutions: minoxidil, finasteride, concealers, etc.
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Long term plan without finasteride, help needed FUE+BHT+SMP

Post by White Ferrari » 1 month ago

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
@alexXx999

In 2013, I was in the same position you were. I was a Norwood five, with a comb over. It was very
obvious I was about to go to Norwood six.

This is what my hair looks like today. I never had a transplant in my life, and I'm close to fifty
years old (so why bother).

Here's my hair line. It's only a little more than 1.5 inches of hair recession (at the left temple). There is new
terminal hair growing in. Most of my recession is on my right temple, as you can see.

20191005_104142.jpg

This is my vertex, which used to have a large bald spot. Now I have a very small bald spot.

20191005_104157.jpg

I would highly recommend you get the following topical only treatment. Do not take oral doses,
as you might get side effects (everyone is different).

You really should see a doctor before doing this, and only use doctor prescribed products.

1. A high Progesterone amount. I'm using two percent topical.

2. .1% Finasteride. If that is too strong, you can always opt out for
a smaller dose.

3. A 1.5 mm needle (dermarolling). It has made some minor differences in my hair line area.
For your case I would only use a dermastamp on the balding areas. I only use dermarolling on my hair line.

You should start fast, because eventually you're going to run out of time.
How does progesterone aid against male pattern baldness?

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

White Ferrari wrote:
1 month ago
How does progesterone aid against male pattern baldness?
That is a good question. I'm glad you asked.

Pregnant women usually never shed, until after they deliver their baby. This has been
proven. This has been known for a long time. Progesterone protects the hair from DHT,
and also improves hair growth. Hair continually grows, and follicles don't shrink. It is
secondary to Estrogen for enhanced hair growth.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9557785

Although Estrogen is better for hair regrowth, as a man it might give me unwanted
side effects (man boobs, less muscle tone, etc.).

Small amounts of Estrogen are actually a requirement for erections, of course testosterone
plays a bigger part in that (no pun intended). The male brain does need a very small amount,
much less than females, to get erections. The ratio of androgens needs to be much higher
in males, for obvious reasons.
Think happy thoughts.

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by White Ferrari » 3 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
That is a good question. I'm glad you asked.

Pregnant women usually never shed, until after they deliver their baby. This has been
proven. This has been known for a long time. Progesterone protects the hair from DHT,
and also improves hair growth. Hair continually grows, and follicles don't shrink. It is
secondary to Estrogen for enhanced hair growth.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9557785

Although Estrogen is better for hair regrowth, as a man it might give me unwanted
side effects (man boobs, less muscle tone, etc.).

Small amounts of Estrogen are actually a requirement for erections, of course testosterone
plays a bigger part in that (no pun intended). The male brain does need a very small amount,
much less than females, to get erections. The ratio of androgens needs to be much higher
in males, for obvious reasons.
How does it really protect the hair from DHT though? I'm sure there would some research on it for male pattern baldness if there was a decent theory of such a mechanism. Progesterone has been known about for ages after all.

Can't deny your hair looks good though.