Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
Let's try to remain clear here:

Radicals on the right are people who advocate for racial or ethnic superiority, and segregation or worse through the use of sheer force.

Radicals on the left are people who advocate for equality of outcome and the oppression of all the people they perceived as privileged in any way through the use of sheer force.

This barely has anything to do with the left-wing and right-wing denominations. George W. Bush said God inspired him, I don't find this crazy. To the contrary, I think divine inspiration or intuition (where do our convictions, our drive, our desires come from?) is rather left-wing in essence. Right-wingers are more likely to build a case based on facts, research and cold reason than to say "it's just what I knew I had to do in my heart!".

If you replace God with that last sentence, is it still shocking?

And is the problem here that he claims divine inspiration for his war? Because:

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/s ... -than-bush

It could have been the Devil indeed.

That's why discernment is crucial.
Are you using the word discernment in the religious context of the word?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
Honestly, you don’t think maybe you’re in a little bit of denial on this one?
Honestly, I've not looked that much into it because as far as I'm concerned, it's impeachment attempt 9.0 and even though I'm not American, I'm quite tired of it, and simply not interested. I know you probably don't see it that way from where you're sitting, but to me the Democratic party and their media pundits have inundated with so many lies and so much deception that I'm now mostly numb to anything they try to push.

Now it seems Hillary Clinton is most likely going to run against Trump again in 2020:

Like I said, tired.
Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
Are you using the word discernment in the religious context of the word?
It's what people usually call the gut feeling, or intuition, that you use in situations that you can't fully assess with facts, logic and reason. You still use those and they can be quite useful, but in the end, it's a leap of faith that determine the choice you make.

It's what we end up doing in most situations that matter to us, otherwise we wouldn't have any reason to debate, a machine could generate the right side of an issue.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
Honestly, I've not looked that much into it because as far as I'm concerned, it's impeachment attempt 9.0 and even though I'm not American, I'm quite tired of it, and simply not interested. I know you probably don't see it that way from where you're sitting, but to me the Democratic party and their media pundits have inundated with so many lies and so much deception that I'm now mostly numb to anything they try to push.

Now it seems Hillary Clinton is most likely going to run against Trump again in 2020:

Like I said, tired.

It's what people usually call the gut feeling, or intuition, that you use in situations that you can't fully assess with facts, logic and reason. You still use those and they can be quite useful, but in the end, it's a leap of faith that determine the choice you make.

It's what we end up doing in most situations that matter to us, otherwise we wouldn't have any reason to debate, a machine could generate the right side of an issue.

If you think this is impeachment number 9 or whatever then you aren’t really paying attention.

I dont know what you’re talking about with Hillary Clinton but sounds like your dude is discreditable if that’s where your getting that from.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
If you think this is impeachment number 9 or whatever then you aren’t really paying attention.

I dont know what you’re talking about with Hillary Clinton but sounds like your dude is discreditable if that’s where your getting that from.
Even FOX news, known as the "right wing media", is calling Trump out on his bullshit.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-digen ... den-report

It appears that it's universal at this point.

If Trump refused to supply Ukraine with military aid because of Biden, then he should
be impeached. Even if it will cost Democrats their seats in November. It doesn't matter.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
Even FOX news, known as the "right wing media", is calling Trump out on his bullshit.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-digen ... den-report

It appears that it's universal at this point.

If Trump refused to supply Ukraine with military aid because of Biden, then he should
be impeached. Even if it will cost Democrats their seats in November. It doesn't matter.
Yeah I’ve noticed it with the news casters but not the opinion people. (Shocker)

I don’t think the senate will vote for impeachment (no matter what) but doesn’t matter, if they have a lot of evidence against him public opinion will turn on him and the senators in vulnerable seats that are up in 2020.

I mean I think public opinion has already turned on him. Just his base still love him.
Everyone else who is indifferent or hates him has Trump fatigue.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
Honestly, I've not looked that much into it because as far as I'm concerned, it's impeachment attempt 9.0 and even though I'm not American, I'm quite tired of it, and simply not interested.
Just like you, I have also completely zoned out of any media story against president Trump or calls for his impeachment. Whenever they criticize him, I just roll my eyes and say here they go again. At this point, I simply don't give a fuck about what Democrats or media has to say. I will pay attention if they actually manage to impeach him as that would mean there was some real evidence of wrongdoing, not merely some wishful, biased media report.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

@Admin, it's all just a circus that some find absorbing. I, like you, get fatigued very easily by this stuff.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
Just like you, I have also completely zoned out of any media story against president Trump or calls for his impeachment. Whenever they criticize him, I just roll my eyes and say here they go again. At this point, I simply don't give a fuck about what Democrats or media has to say. I will pay attention if they actually manage to impeach him as that would mean there was some real evidence of wrongdoing, not merely some wishful, biased media report.
You don’t have to watch or listen to anything you can just read what he said and make your own opinion.

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
@Admin, it's all just a circus that some find absorbing. I, like you, get fatigued very easily by this stuff.
Lol

That’s convenient once it looks so bad for Trump to be so fatigued that you need to tune out.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

It's somewhat difficult to actually find news sources that directly quote the transcript of the Ukraine phone call, especially with rolling TV news, and also quote it in a context that is chronological and acknowledges the gigantic gap in conversation between Trump asking for a single "favour" (specifically about Crowdstrike) and later on, unrelated, bringing up Biden's bragging on video about withholding a billion dollars to fire a chief prosecutor.

Here's Politicos run down of the "wild" phone call, it takes 5mins to read:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/09/2 ... sis-000039

I came away from this thinking, especially from a usually Left leaning website posting about a wild phonecall, "is that really it? Where's the 8 times Trump insisted on this favor? I don't even see 1. Where did he literally say about dragging his political opponents through the dirt? Where is everything Schiff had claimed had happened?" (Before Schiff hilariously claimed it was a parody, despite his initial statement ending in "it would be funny if it wasn't true")

I've since read the full transcript (when I discovered it also doesn't take very long to read) and Politico did their best to try and bring in different elements of a fairly uninteresting call, and make it sound like this orchestrated manipulation.

I thought I couldn't be any further shocked by the new levels of dishonesty the mainstream media could reach, but this week has been a new low, what Adam Schiff heavily implied was the truth, is pretty sickening. I hope it goes to impeachment, I hope it's dissected, because the left barely had anything to run with the day after impeachment was announced, a lot of people think this will last for the rest of the year, but there's simply nothing to work with, and it's just another way the DNC will look so desperate.

For floating voters and moderate liberals it's another reason to steer away from this party (although admittedly the initial polling reaction says it's been the opposite, that will change) especially when the last people they can trust like moderate Tulsi Gabbard is also asking for inquiry.

Technically there's nothing wrong with asking for an inquiry, but when there's actually this little evidence to go on (as in, absolutely nothing, it's all laid out in that transcript, and there's absolutely nothing) why even ask for an inquiry? Why not insist on an inquiry for every piece of fluff rumour that is proved instantly wrong by evidence?
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

I'm embarrassed to have not realized this on such elegantly succinct terms.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

It’s 5 pages that’s not long

And you don’t even have to read the article to read the doc.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... p3/a526700

If you are concerned of being ‘influenced’ just don’t click on the highlight. Just read jt straight through or print it our

I do agree the ‘selling’ of it is annoying but from an American stand point I think he may have violated his position.

Here is what they base impeachment on
1) improperly exceeding or abusing the powers of the office;
2) behavior incompatible with the function and purpose of the office; And
3) misusing the office for an improper purpose or for personal gain.”

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
The Republican president fired the Republican head of the FBI. In response, a Republican, appointed by the Republican president, appointed yet another Republican to continue the work of the Republican who had been fired. Over the course of this investigation several Republicans were convicted of various crimes. The final result of the investigation was that it was inconclusive and did not exonerate the Republican president, and the Republican who led it strongly implied that another body - the Congress - should continue the investigation and take action if warranted, which would clearly be impeachment. However that body, led by Democrats, while continuing to investigate, took no action toward impeachment and it was generally understood that it was not going to happen in relation to this matter.

So while Republicans have been investigating and jailing Republicans for two years now, this is attempt 1.0 by the Democrats. After all until recently they've led 0 parts of the government... not any part of Congress, nor the presidency, nor the court - nor the special council investigation. To quote a wise and fair-minded Admin, "Careful where you get your news from." :)

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
You don’t have to watch or listen to anything you can just read what he said and make your own opinion.
I will check it out. I am too busy this week so it will probably be next week.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

It's all just political titilation for the masses. Entertainment.
Until they impeach his ass, I'm busy doing something that's actually important.

Added in 4 minutes 12 seconds:
pjhair wrote:
2 weeks ago
I will check it out. I am too busy this week so it will probably be next week.
Do something constructive instead.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
Yeah I’ve noticed it with the news casters but not the opinion people. (Shocker)

I don’t think the senate will vote for impeachment (no matter what) but doesn’t matter, if they have a lot of evidence against him public opinion will turn on him and the senators in vulnerable seats that are up in 2020.

I mean I think public opinion has already turned on him. Just his base still love him.
Everyone else who is indifferent or hates him has Trump fatigue.
That is true. We need more checks and balances, and unfortunately, due to the timing (November
is election year, for those who live in other countries), it's really not a good idea. The Democrats will
need to be objective about this, and distance themselves from the 2016 election.

It won't matter. In the end he will still be President. They have to prove that he withheld funds in Ukraine.

Trump has been so right wing on everything, that it really won't matter if Pence is President in his place. It's
really shocking, because I used to think he was a moderate.

He has been pro life, and conservative across the board.

I don't like Biden, in fact I kind of hate him, to be honest. That said, I hate Trump even more than Biden.

Pence needs to stand up to Trump, but all the Republicans are afraid of him. Paul Ryan retired young, probably
because he stood up against Trump.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

The leftist elites going full 1984 before the 2020 election: