Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:28 pm
Reputation: 1192
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Hairblues » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:50 pm

My life observation in US?

We usually do better when we govern from center.
Their is no more center.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Rudiger » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Hairblues wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:44 pm
Well I’m not an expert on cheap labor but I know recently some wine vineyards on Long Island tried to get college kids to work at $50 an hour to do what the Latins usually do and no one took it.
You can probably google the story but think it’s local to NY it was in Suffolk.

It’s not the ‘left’ but the ‘right’ leaning business owners want the cheap labor.

That’s why the republicans are split. It’s not the goodness of their heart, it’s that some are backed by buisness owners and others by nationalists.

The republicans had 2 bills they both failed...so why are you guys acting like it’s the left????

Republicans have ALWAYS been split about immigration.
Half of them want ans need the cheap labor the other half don’t want them here because they are afraid of they feel they don’t like them (whatever it is)

On side note
I find it interesting that Latins also bother you. I remember we used to discuss your feelings towards Muslims and although I differ with you I had a clear understanding of your point that you felt the religious tenets (that the word?) of Muslim don’t mesh with Europe and USA..BUT you can’t really make that argument with Latins especially in USA, because they have always been a part of our culture, granted smaller in past and they are mostly catholic or Christians.

So what offends you? Their poverty? Their low skills? Why should this matter they work hard and pay taxes. The vast majority do well with very little and they are not greedy people. Maybe your limited to exposure because where you live (understandable), but most are very lovely people. They don’t tend to be lazy lay abouts taking welfare if this is your impression. Maybe some who were born here are on welfare but so are MANY Trump supporters. Ironic enough.

So what’s the beef against Latins? I can assure you the gang shit for the whole country, is really hyped up..some areas it’s for sure an issue..and it should be dealt with..but it shouldn’t be an excuse to punish the vast majority of them.

This is where it starts to feel like it’s about skin color. Because it makes no sense

We have Russian mafia right here in Brooklyn who is VERY responsible for female sex trafficking as is Asians—should we stop the Easter European people from coming too? I don’t hear anyone freaking out over the Russian pregnant women who are migrated here to have anchor babies..who do you think is behind that? Legitimate buisness men? Lol.
Did I miss a post or something? When did he say anything about "beef with Latins"? Asking if their poverty offends him makes you sound irrational and like a ranting libtard. I mean even if it turns out he actually does hate them, you sound like you want him to hate them to have something to argue about with rhetorical questions you don't actually want an answer about. Harsh but true.

Oddly I think I mentioned Eastern European gangs in America a few pages back. The rules haven't changed for white people or people of any colour, illegal immigration is not welcome, and the borders are no more open to Europeans than they are to Mexicans (less so, actually, Mexico being a neighbour). They (the media) tried to vaguely tie in Trump with the Russian mafia, of course that was the first and last mention of it.

I'm wondering what it is that makes you think he's tolerating this kind of crime syndicate, I mean he doesn't have to specify every single type of crime going on as "bad". There's like 20,000 gangs from Mexico and Central America making up the majority of gangs in your country, I don't know what goes on inside Trump's head but if he is putting Russian gangs on the back burner, I don't blame him.

But you don't know what's going on either, I don't assume someone is being racist unless they clearly say or do something that provides evidence of such a thing. It's a harsh conclusion to jump to and I believe everyone is so incredibly quick to do it because they want to believe their own virtue. Unfortunately he has yet to say anything that proves he's a supremacist, even more unfortunate is that you and many others have this weird compulsion to hope your president just hates brown people.

And not just your president, but hope that the reason he won an election is because there's so many racists out there, which is madness. I'd even say the way you're suggesting things about Fred is still hoping for racism, praying for it.

But no, illegal immigration is a massive issue, possibly even moreso in the EU than America (but I know this place more closely so who knows) and mass immigration without any form of assimilation is another massive issue. It's not healthy for the country accepting of them, the donor country, and the people immigrating themselves often are sold a false dream.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Admin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Hairblues wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:44 pm
Well I’m not an expert on cheap labor but I know recently some wine vineyards on Long Island tried to get college kids to work at $50 an hour to do what the Latins usually do and no one took it.
You can probably google the story but think it’s local to NY it was in Suffolk.

It’s not the ‘left’ but the ‘right’ leaning business owners want the cheap labor.

That’s why the republicans are split. It’s not the goodness of their heart, it’s that some are backed by buisness owners and others by nationalists.

The republicans had 2 bills they both failed...so why are you guys acting like it’s the left????

Republicans have ALWAYS been split about immigration.
Half of them want ans need the cheap labor the other half don’t want them here because they are afraid of they feel they don’t like them (whatever it is)

On side note
I find it interesting that Latins also bother you. I remember we used to discuss your feelings towards Muslims and although I differ with you I had a clear understanding of your point that you felt the religious tenets (that the word?) of Muslim don’t mesh with Europe and USA..BUT you can’t really make that argument with Latins especially in USA, because they have always been a part of our culture, granted smaller in past and they are mostly catholic or Christians.

So what offends you? Their poverty? Their low skills? Why should this matter they work hard and pay taxes. The vast majority do well with very little and they are not greedy people. Maybe your limited to exposure because where you live (understandable), but most are very lovely people. They don’t tend to be lazy lay abouts taking welfare if this is your impression. Maybe some who were born here are on welfare but so are MANY Trump supporters. Ironic enough.

So what’s the beef against Latins? I can assure you the gang shit for the whole country, is really hyped up..some areas it’s for sure an issue..and it should be dealt with..but it shouldn’t be an excuse to punish the vast majority of them.

This is where it starts to feel like it’s about skin color. Because it makes no sense

We have Russian mafia right here in Brooklyn who is VERY responsible for female sex trafficking as is Asians—should we stop the Easter European people from coming too? I don’t hear anyone freaking out over the Russian pregnant women who are migrated here to have anchor babies..who do you think is behind that? Legitimate buisness men? Lol.
Where did I mention Latin people? Are you projecting onto me? :p
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Rudiger » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Admin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 pm
Where did I mention Latin people? Are you projecting onto me? :p
MANY Trump supporters are on welfare so the logical thing to do is to import more. After all a lot of them are very nice.

Republicans and Trumpites like you all only have 2 issues in mind- hating brown people or making money off them. They don't have goodness in their hearts and downplay gang violence as "hyped up" because it's more important to look like you're a moral person.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Admin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:09 pm
This is by far the first go-to argument used by the (radical) left-wing media in Western Europe: "But they do the jobs we don't want to do!" Which is BS of course.

The second go-to argument is: "But European people aren't having enough children anymore, so we need to import people with dangerous beliefs from Africa to balance it out!

Really? You can't just encourage your population to have more babies like they did in Denmark? These are pretty weak arguments in my opinion.
The fertility rate in Denmark is 1.69 babies per women. They're still far off from what they need. I think that Israel is the only western country with a strong fertility rate, at 3.09 babies per women. And no, it's not entirely due to Muslims and ultra-orthodox Jews, it's due to all segments of society.

There are many reasons for the low fertility rate. I do suspect that it would be higher if every man was a Chad, but that's not the only process going on.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Hairblues wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:50 pm
My life observation in US?

We usually do better when we govern from center.
Their is no more center.
That's debatable. For example, one can argue that Hillary Clinton represented the right half of the Democratic Party. You might not agree, but it's a legitimate position.
Hairblues wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:44 pm
Well I’m not an expert on cheap labor but I know recently some wine vineyards on Long Island tried to get college kids to work at $50 an hour to do what the Latins usually do and no one took it.
You can probably google the story but think it’s local to NY it was in Suffolk.
I'd like to read more about that if you can find it. I'm very skeptical.
That Guy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 am
Homosexuality was frowned upon in most cultures around the world as it does not result in procreation and that was detrimental to the species' survival.
That link is not demonstrated, at least not in your post, and doesn't seem very viable. The total rate of homosexuality among men is roughly ~2%, so that represents a negligible effect on the total fertility rate.
That Guy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 am
It's just the way the cookie crumbled. For whatever reason, those "warring western nations" you despise so much, managed to get ahead of every one else in terms of "enlightenment". Rome or farther back still, the great pyramids of Egypt were built thousands of years ago by Mediterranean civilizations, and what were once barbarians to the north of them formed their own societies (again adopted from Roman traditions) bringing about the European Middle Ages while further into Africa, people were still living in mud huts.
There's nothing special about this moment in history, about 2018, other than the fact that we live in it. You go back to other periods and other civilizations were head. That may also be the case in the future. Right now China is growing very, very rapidly.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Admin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm
That's debatable. For example, one can argue that Hillary Clinton represented the right half of the Democratic Party. You might not agree, but it's a legitimate position.


I'd like to read more about that if you can find it. I'm very skeptical.


That link is not demonstrated, at least not in your post, and doesn't seem very viable. The total rate of homosexuality among men is roughly ~2%, so that represents a negligible effect on the total fertility rate.


There's nothing special about this moment in history, about 2018, other than the fact that we live in it. You go back to other periods and other civilizations were head. That may also be the case in the future. Right now China is growing very, very rapidly.
Cold historical materialism and moral relativism... Our time is pretty unique, the current Western civilization is a miracle come true. And China is a tyranny.

I had a discussion with a colleague the other day and his mind was parasitzed with Marxist rhetoric and let's just say it, nihilism. It's all power games to impose one's narrative and none of them is truer or better for mankind. Jordan Peterson's typical adversary.

So why do I say it's a mind virus? Well I actually managed to make him say that the West shouldn't have intervened to stop Isis and if they had managed to conquer us, it would have made no difference, because their worldview is just as valid as ours and we only think our civilzation is superior.

When he uttered that, he was not being himself, that was not him speaking. He had this empty look in his eyes like he was posessed by a demon. It legitimately scared me even though I was able to go along playfully. I hope those people will save themselves someday, otherwise they might as well be our downfall, but I trust the power of truth, reason and our individual willingness to work towards the good.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Admin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:23 pm
Cold historical materialism and moral relativism... Our time is pretty unique, the current Western civilization is a miracle come true. And China is a tyranny.

I had a discussion with a colleague the other day and his mind was parasitzed with Marxist rhetoric and let's just say it, nihilism. It's all power games to impose one's narrative and none of them is truer or better for mankind. Jordan Peterson's typical adversary.

So why do I say it's a mind virus? Well I actually managed to make him say that the West shouldn't have intervened to stop Isis and if they had managed to conquer us, it would have made no difference, because their worldview is just as valid as ours and we only think our civilzation is superior.

When he uttered that, he was not being himself, that was not him speaking. He had this empty look in his eyes like he was posessed by a demon. It legitimately scared me even though I was able to go along playfully. I hope those people will save themselves someday, otherwise they might as well be our downfall, but I trust the power of truth, reason and our individual willingness to work towards the good.
You keep throwing around the label "marxist", but it's not clear that you know much about Marx at all. It's kind of like how teenagers in the 1990s used to label everything that they didn't like as "gay". It's a meaningless pejorative. China, by the way, may be officially communist, but has very much embraced capitalism to a significant extent. Regardless of it being a tyranny -- it's doing really well as a country right now. Education, living standards, and productive capacity are all rapidly increasing.

As for ISIS, they were not going to conquer the West lol. They also didn't come out of the blue. Do you think that ISIS was entirely self-funded? It's very expensive to manage a civil war. Where do you think they got their resources? By selling copies of Marx's Capital on Amazon?

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:42 pm

That Guy wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:47 pm
No, the evil nature of Islam that people "perceive" is in fact the doctrine that has motivated them to slaughter hundreds of millions of people since the 7th century. It's right there in their own texts.

America, and the west in general today is full of people who have no regard security, deny the damage illegal immigration has on both sides of the border, don't understand the history and teachings of Islam, and when shown evidence that makes them look like fools: They resort to the kinds of Sesame Street reasoning and bury their heads in the sand like what you've been using here, no offence.
MadScientist wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:05 am
What’s completely lacking here, is reflection on the barbaric nature of Western Nations, who were constantly at war with each other for thousands of years. It only ended after WW2 with the creation of the EEC. America has constantly been at war, unjust wars against countries that pose no security threat, like Vietnam, Syria, Libya, Iraq, and supported some of the most brutal dictators, Suharto in Indonesia, Pinochet in Chile. The idea that we are the enlightened ones, because 30 years ago we decided homosexuality is not illegal, because 30 years ago we decided apartheid isn’t cool (except you know...),because 50 years ago we decided that black people should have equal rights to whites? Because 2 years ago we decided that gay people can get married? Yeah we are more enlightened, but it’s only VERY recently, and it’s ongoing. And who would have guessed? Creating arbitrary states by drawing lines on a back of a napkin, supporting fundamentalist dictators, coups against secular nationalist leaders, invasions, wars, forced regime change, arming and creating ducking Al Qaeda... Thst this kind of shit would set a region back? That this kind of shit woukdnt lead to peace enlightenment? Fuck off!
A significant factor is that fundamentalist Islam was not necessarily destined to dominate in the middle eastern countries. However, it's been supported by the west at various times, particularly since the second world war. There were secular Arab nationalist states in Libya, Lebanon, Egypt, and Iraq and all of these have been undermined at various points. Very recently, Ghadaffi guaranteed the rights of women at an exceptional level for Muslim countries -- and he was bombed into oblivion. He's been replaced by western allies who are now imposing fundamentalist Islam throughout Libya, something which people predicted. More famously, Saudi Arabia is heavily financed and supported by the western countries, they regularly buy American weapons, and they in turn finance and supports Madrassas as well as Islamic fundamentalism throughout the region.

Iran had a socialist and secular government elected in 1953. The west had that government replaced by a corrupt crony, and the country is now ruled by Islamic fundamentalists. Persian civilization actually goes way back, it precedes Islam by thousands of years, and many Iranians identify a lot more strongly with their Persian rather than their Muslim identity.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Admin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:28 pm
You keep throwing around the label "marxist", but it's not clear that you know much about Marx at all. It's kind of like how teenagers in the 1990s used to label everything that they didn't like as "gay". It's a meaningless pejorative. China, by the way, may be officially communist, but has very much embraced capitalism to a significant extent. Regardless of it being a tyranny -- it's doing really well as a country right now. Education, living standards, and productive capacity are all rapidly increasing.

As for ISIS, they were not going to conquer the West lol. They also didn't come out of the blue. Do you think that ISIS was entirely self-funded? It's very expensive to manage a civil war. Where do you think they got their resources? By selling copies of Marx's Capital on Amazon?
I don't need to read Karl Marx, many people have done it and his murderous ideas directly killed a hundred million people when applied. No need to argue with the obvious, I reserve that to truly complicated philosophical questions. This one's been settled a long time ago.

In the same manner, I don't need to read 50 Shades of Grey to know that it's a pile of shit, other people have been brave enough to go on that journey and come back to warn us that it was a pile of shit.

I don't care how well a country is doing if it's a tyranny, in my mind, it instantly turns into a shithole (lots of shit imagery I know) where I'd never want to live. So you think the end justify the means? I say fuck that kind of ill obtained "prosperity" (as long as you can ignore Big Brother).

If we let Isis do as they please, trust me, they would have grown and expended very fast, and once they were powerful enough, their Emperor Al Palpatine would have told all the Muslims over the world: "Execute order 66" meaning "Kill all infidels" and we would have been done for. I hope you got that reference :p.

War politics are extremely complicated and I know you think money is everything (Marxiiism!) but no matter where their support came from (Belgium sells weapons to Saudi Arabia), what I take into account is their murderous totalitarian ideology. And there's no conspiracy to explain away that one.

The radical Muslims have the same motivations as the Marxists, a hate for people doing better than them. The story of Caïn and Abel explains everything in a few lines only. We all know that story, and I believe it's currently playing out on a world-scale level.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Admin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:46 pm
I don't need to read Karl Marx, many people have done it and his murderous ideas directly killed a hundred million people when applied.
Nope.
Admin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:46 pm
If we let Isis do as they please, trust me, they would have grown and expended very fast, and once they were powerful enough, their Emperor Al Palpatine would have told all the Muslims over the world: "Execute order 66" meaning "Kill all infidels" and we would have been done for. I hope you got that reference :p.
ISIS doesn't have those kinds of resources. They're not going to build a droid army with a secret kill command. They probably can't even build a microwave.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Admin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:49 pm
Nope, lol.


ISIS doesn't have those kinds of resources. They're not going to build a droid army with a kill command. They probably can't even build a microwave.
Don't play dumb Afro, almost every Muslim planted anywhere in the world is a time bomb (yes). Once a divine order comes from Allah directly to have a shot at realizing the prophesized one worldwide nation of Islam, they'll take their chances.

And Islam as a collective ideology quickly and efficiently leads to a giant bloodbath, as demonstrated by history.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by Rudiger » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:16 pm

I read a good amount of Marx years ago (including Capital) and I think I actually learned more about the applications of his theories by just listening to Pinker or anyone, Bret Weinstein, talk about Marx for a brief bit of time.

It's so idealised when laid out in a book and it all seems so reasonable, but taking a step back you realise how utterly fucked it is. And China is growing rapidly in different ways because of the last few decades of cultural rejection of Marxism.

But I'd be interested in knowing what's been expressed that wasn't representative of Marx or more importantly, Marxism as a political ideology.
Admin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:54 pm
Don't play dumb Afro, almost every Muslim planted anywhere in the world is a time bomb (yes). Once a divine order comes from Allah directly to have a shot at realizing the prophesized one worldwide nation of Islam, they'll take their chances.
Welp, I guess this is where we clearly separate in our world view. I don't know how you could even claim to know this, never mind tell people it's common sense and if they don't believe it they must be playing dumb.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 pm
Reputation: 1058
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by That Guy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm
That link is not demonstrated, at least not in your post, and doesn't seem very viable. The total rate of homosexuality among men is roughly ~2%, so that represents a negligible effect on the total fertility rate.
You really think that in 300 BC, people had those statistics? Further, I guarantee you the rate of homosexuality, in the most basic sense of homosexual encounters occurring, was a lot higher in ancient Greece than 2%.

This is all completely beside the point anyway. MadScientist was making the argument that it's only recently that western society has 'accepted' gays in any way. It's not true.
Admin wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:09 pm
"But they do the jobs we don't want to do!" Which is BS of course.
It's about a 1/4 truth, no one really wants to work food service.

I'm not sure about America, but Canada has a "fast track" program whereby menial jobs like food service and stuff do not require the employer to prioritize Canadian citizens. There's also the matter that the government subsidizes half of the immigrant wages. So burger joints and shit will only hire Canadians if they have to; they'll gladly take an immigrant who will cost them half as much. I don't think I've been in an Asian restaurant in this country that had a single non-asian employee in 13 years. Apparently, that's fine, but every other business needs "diversity".

Speaking of which, I used to do contact work for the video game industry. Last year, some of the western provinces granted a tax credit to the industry. BUT you get about 10% more if your hire meets "diversity" quotas. They say it's to provide "incentive" for there to be more minorities in the business but guess what? They don't need any incentive; I've seen every race, women, etc. in spades. Some of my less diverse friends who work in the business still have told me they're finding it harder to get work despite the jobs still being there. Interesting. It's almost like there is now less incentive to hire white people because you won't save as much money.

As far as the USA and Mexico is concerned, the thing that just splits my sides about people who champion 'open borders' and stuff say that you're not allowed to call other countries "shitholes", but never stop to think: If that country is so wonderful, why are so many people running away?

Mexico is a very resource-rich country and deserves to be just as well off as the USA or Canada, but they aren't because of the insanely-corrupt government tied in with the cartels. I've heard from some people who done volunteer work on the Mexican side of the border as far back as 03', helping the families in the trash mountains outside Tijuana and shit, that they'd read in the papers where the US border was presently weakest. In the papers! The government wants the downtrodden to leave because historically, those people are the revolutionaries.

Do you really think shit in Mexico will ever change as long as people can just run away from it? Not to mention, you're also taking away THEIR potential labor force. Anyone who immigrates to your country and works in it, is one less tax-payin' worker in their home country. We need to take all these immigrants to be all "tolerant" and accepting! Yeah, meanwhile you don't really give a fuck what happens to where they came from.
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm
There's nothing special about this moment in history, about 2018, other than the fact that we live in it. You go back to other periods and other civilizations were head. That may also be the case in the future. Right now China is growing very, very rapidly.
Not really, no. Like I said, the only ones who were really ahead of Rome, Greece, Egypt or Persia was China, and that didn't last.

User avatar
pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 11:46 pm
Reputation: 774

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by pjhair » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm
There's nothing special about this moment in history, about 2018, other than the fact that we live in it. You go back to other periods and other civilizations were head. That may also be the case in the future. Right now China is growing very, very rapidly.
David, have you read Steven Pinkers acclaimed book "Better Angels of Our Nature" ? In the book he has argued we are living in a golden period of history where violence is at it lowest than any other time, people are healthier, happier, etc. He does so by citing massive amount of data and studies. I haven't finished the book though as I got distracted by Roger Penroses book on consciousness and why AI can never achieve it, a topic I find far, far more interesting.
Last edited by pjhair on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests