Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2672
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

It looks like the Jussie Smollett hate crime may have been a hoax:
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... hate-hoax/
I would like to say that I had the good judgment to find the situation fishy, but truth be told, I simply didn't pay any attention to it as I had other things on my mind.

I wonder what kind of prison sentence Smollett might get if this holds up.

User avatar
pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 404
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1118

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by pjhair » 1 month ago

I am not sure what history of sweatshops has to do with my position on the issue. Can you summarize your argument? I don't know what am I supposed to make out of the entire history of sweatshop. My argument is very simple:

"If employees don't like the way they are treated at a work place, they have option to simply leave. They usually have good knowledge of work conditions before they accept a job. They therefore lose the moral right to demand legal actions against the employer regarding work conditions. They could have simply not accepted the job. I really don't see any good reason for a government to violate liberty of a completely private entity."

Can you please directly respond to my argument above?

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1506
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 3264
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
It looks like the Jussie Smollett hate crime may have been a hoax:
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... hate-hoax/
I would like to say that I had the good judgment to find the situation fishy, but truth be told, I simply didn't pay any attention to it as I had other things on my mind.

I wonder what kind of prison sentence Smollett might get if this holds up.
Black privilege.

Never erect a system that can be easily taken advantage of by the most evil and narcissistic people out there. Man you can have quite the 15 minutes of fame (and lots of cash) by manufacturing victimhood like this. Thank God the law still operates outside of that, another demonstration that a narcissist's lies never stand up to scrutiny, especially in the age of the internet.


User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 872
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2321
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
It looks like the Jussie Smollett hate crime may have been a hoax:
Oh really?! What a surprise.

If anyone ever actually believed this for a second then you really need to question yourself, seriously.

It was featured on Matt Christiansen's "Hoax Hate" segment 2 weeks ago, the minute it came out, and I didn't need him to tell me.

David you're still saying it "may" have been a hoax, fucking hell.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2672
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
1 month ago
Black privilege.

Never erect a system that can be easily taken advantage of by the most evil and narcissistic people out there. Man you can have quite the 15 minutes of fame (and lots of cash) by manufacturing victimhood like this. Thank God the law still operates outside of that, another demonstration that a narcissist's lies never stand up to scrutiny, especially in the age of the internet.

He got his 15 minutes of fame, which I guess is fun, but it's probably not going to end well for him.

Added in 12 hours 54 minutes 15 seconds:
Kamala Harris has been caught pandering to African Americans, in a red-handed manner.
https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59810

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1073
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1379

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
Added in 12 hours 54 minutes 15 seconds:
Kamala Harris has been caught pandering to African Americans, in a red-handed manner.
https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59810
If this is to be believed then it's embarrassing for her to get all of these dates wrong.
If Kamala Harris really did graduate in 1986 then I guess the music she was listening to as she smoked weed was stuff like Dire Straits and Simple Minds.

These groups hardly have the cultural gravitas of Snoop and Tupac.
behold the sins of our forefathers

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
If this is to be believed then it's embarrassing for her to get all of these dates wrong.
If Kamala Harris really did graduate in 1986 then I guess the music she was listening to as she smoked weed was stuff like Dire Straits and Simple Minds.

These groups hardly have the cultural gravitas of Snoop and Tupac.
2Pac is overrated garbage.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 944
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1014
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

JLBB wrote:
1 month ago
2Pac is overrated garbage.
You're definitely an Eminem fan. I can tell.

Added in 10 minutes 17 seconds:
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against eating meet or hunting. I just
don't agree with hunting endangered animals for the sake of getting a trophy.

Here are Trump's oldest sons, Donald Jr and Eric, killing endangered animals
on a Safari hunt in Africa.


don_jr_kills_elephant.jpg
don_jr_kills_elephant.jpg (18.95 KiB) Viewed 277 times
[/url]



I hope Baron doesn't grow up to be like his half brothers.


eric_and_don_jr.jpg
eric_and_don_jr.jpg (19.4 KiB) Viewed 277 times
[/url]

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2672
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

I like Eminem, though my music IQ is like ... 75. Whatever.

Added in 6 hours 42 minutes 33 seconds:
This video discusses a case study of the impact of ideological possession, and so this post is dedicated to @Admin:


User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1073
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1379

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
You're definitely an Eminem fan. I can tell.
I think @JLBB listens to Justice Crew:
images (10).jpeg
images (10).jpeg (59.52 KiB) Viewed 237 times
behold the sins of our forefathers

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 255
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 332
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Minoxidil 5% once ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week ..
Age: 19

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Xexos » 1 month ago

JLBB wrote:
1 month ago
2Pac is overrated garbage.
Dude you honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Tupac was a lyrical genius, not only lyrical genius, but he was genius in almost every aspect in life. Some people estimate his IQ to be well above 150. There's a reason (((they))) had to kill him.

Tupac lyrics and works are actually being studied in the top universities in the world, just like Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.

Almost every rapper praised Tupac and acknowledged his skills and brilliancy, even his enemies who have beef with him. Eminem basically said that Tupac was like a mentor to him and he's one of his productions.

Tupac album "The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory" was written AND recorded in less than a WEEK. And it was easily one of the best rap albums in history with most complex and deep lyrics ever. One of his best songs, "Hail Mary", was written in 15 mins and completely finished under an hour.


Tupac is easily in the top 3 best rappers ever and probably the best lyrical genius in the past century.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 1 month ago

Stan22 wrote:
1 month ago
Dude you honestly don't know what you're talking about.

Tupac was a lyrical genius, not only lyrical genius, but he was genius in almost every aspect in life. Some people estimate his IQ to be well above 150. There's a reason (((they))) had to kill him.

Tupac lyrics and works are actually being studied in the top universities in the world, just like Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.

Almost every rapper praised Tupac and acknowledged his skills and brilliancy, even his enemies who have beef with him. Eminem basically said that Tupac was like a mentor to him and he's one of his productions.

Tupac album "The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory" was written AND recorded in less than a WEEK. And it was easily one of the best rap albums in history with most complex and deep lyrics ever. One of his best songs, "Hail Mary", was written in 15 mins and completely finished under an hour.


Tupac is easily in the top 3 best rappers ever and probably the best lyrical genius in the past century.
I'm a massive hip-hop head, outside of music critics there are not many who would have listened to more. 2Pac does not hold up and is very overrated, I'm not one to bash any specific era or start some old vs new debate, many of his contemporaries hold up, the obvious comparison being Biggie but Pac specifically does not. Certainly musically and his beats were among the least interesting. He is largely highly regarded because of his flow, delivery and untimely death. Lyrically and musically he is banal.

Not entirely sure if your comment is taking the piss though, it sounds like something I'd read on 4chan mu.

Added in 8 minutes 32 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
I like Eminem, though my music IQ is like ... 75. Whatever.

Added in 6 hours 42 minutes 33 seconds:
This video discusses a case study of the impact of ideological possession, and so this post is dedicated to Admin:

Eminem even in the indie and highbrow + serious hiphop head communities is taken relatively seriously. Specifically his first two albums, even Pitchfork recently gave the Marshall Mathers LP a 9.4 in a classic album review. At this point in his career hes a washed up joke but he's still proved culturally significant over the long term and those early albums have held up at least lyrically and in terms of Eminem as a character.
Last edited by JLBB 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 255
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 332
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Minoxidil 5% once ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week ..
Age: 19

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Xexos » 1 month ago

JLBB wrote:
1 month ago
I'm a massive hip-hop head, outside of music critics there are not many who would have listened to more. 2Pac does not hold up and is very overrated, I'm not one to bash any specific era or start some old vs new debate, many of his contemporaries hold up, the obvious comparison being Biggie but Pac specifically does not. Certainly musically and his beats were among the least interesting. He is largely highly regarded because of his flow, delivery and untimely death. Lyrically and musically he is banal.

Not entirely sure if your comment is taking the piss though, it sounds like something I'd read on 4chan mu.
You're wrong about many things here. And someone being overrated doesn't mean someone is bad, that's a retarded argument.

It's also not about old vs new, it's about what's objectively good regardless of the era. Biggie was also good and even better than Tupac when it comes freestyle, but Tupac music was waaaaaaay more brilliant than Biggie's it's not even funny.

Lol Tupac strongest point was not his flow, though it was good, but his lyrics was the best thing about it and i explained why in my previous post. And his death made him more mainstream yes, but it didn't make people fall in love with his music.

Well it's all tastes anyways, but saying Tupac was a "banal" is moronic to say the least.

Also what's your deep obsession with 4chan lol.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 4 weeks ago

Stan22 wrote:
1 month ago
You're wrong about many things here. And someone being overrated doesn't mean someone is bad, that's a retarded argument.

It's also not about old vs new, it's about what's objectively good regardless of the era. Biggie was also good and even better than Tupac when it comes freestyle, but Tupac music was waaaaaaay more brilliant than Biggie's it's not even funny.

Lol Tupac strongest point was not his flow, though it was good, but his lyrics was the best thing about it and i explained why in my previous post. And his death made him more mainstream yes, but it didn't make people fall in love with his music.

Well it's all tastes anyways, but saying Tupac was a "banal" is moronic to say the least.

Also what's your deep obsession with 4chan lol.
Not a deep obsession, it just sounds like something I'd read off 4chan in a troll post. In terms of his wordplay, metaphors, double entendres etc and complexity of technique and structure Tupac was objectively banal, the only reason people gravitate to him lyrically is due to pseudo-socially conscious blather that had as much depth or nuance as a glass of water.

Tracks like this epitomise my point:

"I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself,
“Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?”
I’m tired of bein' poor and even worse I’m black.
My stomach hurts, so I’m lookin' for a purse to snatch.
Cops give a damn about a negro? Pull the trigger, kill a nigga, he’s a hero.
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares? One less hungry mouth on the welfare.
First ship ‘em dope and let 'em deal to brothers.
Give 'em guns, step back, and watch 'em kill each other.
“It’s time to fight back”, that’s what Huey said.
2 shots in the dark now Huey’s dead."

Its literally pre-school level social commentary. The bar is generally set so low in hiphop regarding social commentary that the minute a lowbrow thug like Tupac talks about *any* social issues or hardships people are bending over and sucking his dick. Talking about social injustice does not automatically equate to depth. A 5 year olds view of social injustice doesn't become great poetry simply because you pair it with music.

Pac does not hold up. There are literally 50 rappers more lyrically skilled technically and in terms of character and charisma that are simultaneously not suffering from the same lack of musical interest and derivative beats that sound like they could be off any amateur 90s producers beat-tape.
Hes perhaps the most overrated artist I can think of regardless of genre. Certainly the most in hip hop. Even Drake's put out projects better than anything 2Pac ever did and will likely be just as culturally significant in the long term. His good looks and death are what put him in the position hes in.

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 255
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 332
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Minoxidil 5% once ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week ..
Age: 19

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Xexos » 4 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
4 weeks ago
Not a deep obsession, it just sounds like something I'd read off 4chan in a troll post. In terms of his wordplay, metaphors, double entendres etc and complexity of technique and structure Tupac was objectively banal, the only reason people gravitate to him lyrically is due to pseudo-socially conscious blather that had as much depth or nuance as a glass of water.

Tracks like this epitomise my point:

"I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself,
“Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?”
I’m tired of bein' poor and even worse I’m black.
My stomach hurts, so I’m lookin' for a purse to snatch.
Cops give a damn about a negro? Pull the trigger, kill a nigga, he’s a hero.
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares? One less hungry mouth on the welfare.
First ship ‘em dope and let 'em deal to brothers.
Give 'em guns, step back, and watch 'em kill each other.
“It’s time to fight back”, that’s what Huey said.
2 shots in the dark now Huey’s dead."

Its literally pre-school level social commentary. The bar is generally set so low in hiphop regarding social commentary that the minute a lowbrow thug like Tupac talks about *any* social issues or hardships people are bending over and sucking his dick. Talking about social injustice does not automatically equate to depth. A 5 year olds view of social injustice doesn't become great poetry simply because you pair it with music.

Pac does not hold up. There are literally 50 rappers more lyrically skilled technically and in terms of character and charisma that are simultaneously not suffering from the same lack of musical interest and derivative beats that sound like they could be off any amateur 90s producers beat-tape.
Hes perhaps the most overrated artist I can think of regardless of genre. Certainly the most in hip hop. Even Drake's put out projects better than anything 2Pac ever did and will likely be just as culturally significant in the long term. His good looks and death are what put him in the position hes in.
Well i have to agree with you that those lyrics suck ass to be honest.

What i meant by saying Tupac is deep, isn't because Tupac just insults the government and talks about how black people are fucked in society and all that crap. I listened to Tupac for a good period of time and i can truly say that sometimes his lyrics are brilliant, but yeah he also has shitty songs, like every artist that has ever existed.

And about Drake being better than Tupac, well that's something no one who has experience in hip hop would ever say. And Tupac wasn't good looking to the point that it would bring him fame and he was well known before his death, so death certainly isn't the reason either. Because like i said before, death didn't make people suddenly love him and his music.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Xexos and 3 guests