Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 3 months ago

Admin wrote:
3 months ago
Afro_Vacancy wrote: ↑5 minutes ago
White includes Arab and Persian.
https://media.giphy.com/media/wYyTHMm50f4Dm/giphy.gif
Don't shoot the messenger.

White American, European American, or Middle Eastern American: those having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ ... ted_States

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
Don't shoot the messenger.

White American, European American, or Middle Eastern American: those having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ ... ted_States
I know Afro :p, and I guess it could work in the US if they're the kind of Arab Muslims that subscribe to the melting pot integration model, I'm not even sure these people even represent one percent of that group though, especially after the recent Ilhan Omar controversy:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ts-apology

Yeah no one could have predicted this, now I guess she's just going to learn to hide her antisemitism better practice her Taqiya (Muslim doctrine that allows them to lie in order to blend in a society where they're not in power).

Anyway, here in Europe it stopped making sense to merge whites and Arabs a long time ago, even though religion and secularism are what separates the two groups the most. I'm still like :eh: when my best friend says he's white, but it's more in the sense: "well what am I then? Black?!".

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
The figure only looks at the city limits which is a completely arbitrary and unjustified cutoff. The numbers add up to something like ~2 million people. Houston is actually the 5th largest metropolitan area in the USA by population, with some ~6.4 million people.

People live in neighborhoods, and they live in metropolitan areas. If somebody grows up in the Houston suburbs, they'll say that they're from Houston, as is the case for most other US cities. There's no magic when you change city limits. You're in the same economic and cultural zone if you cross the street. As a supporting example, the city of Boston has 685,000 people according to the Statham School of Demographics, but culturally and economically, it's really closer to the 4.7 million people of the Metropolitan area.

As for "White Hispanics", American demographic studies assume that humans are from one of five races: Non-Hispanic White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, and American Indian / Pacific Islander. Hispanic includes anybody from Latin America including those that are 100% Caucasian. Asian includes both south Asian and East Asian. White includes Arab and Persian. Black includes east and South African. And so on.
I don't get your point or how it will change anything from the percentage aspect of the graph above. So in the suburbs, you have different kind of races than in the cities? That's like in every country ever. You know why? Cause when white people are making a family, they want to get the hell out of the city not because they don't like it, but they like to put their children in schools with people of their own.

The 5 races study is interesting. Johann Friedrich Blumenbach besides having einen wunderschönen Namen, he put some interesting stuff out:
whiteisbeautiful.PNG
whiteisbeautiful.PNG (27.23 KiB) Viewed 601 times

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

JasonStatham wrote:
3 months ago
I don't get your point or how it will change anything from the percentage aspect of the graph above.
The percentages are not an accurate representation of what @pjhair or anybody else here would experience if they moved to Houston.

Though he would definitely have access to excellent mole sauce, salsa, margaritas, mezcales, etc, he would most likely not be surrounded by Hispanics.

Added in 5 minutes 11 seconds:
Admin wrote:
3 months ago
better practice her Taqiya (Muslim doctrine that allows them to lie in order to blend in a society where they're not in power).

Anyway, here in Europe it stopped making sense to merge whites and Arabs a long time ago, even though religion and secularism are what separates the two groups the most. I'm still like when my best friend says he's white, but it's more in the sense: "well what am I then? Black?!".
One thing though, Iranians and often Aghanis do look very white. If this guy had been adopted into a western family as a baby, nobody would guess that he's from a different country:
Another Afghan:

As for the melting pot model, that's the historical model, I don't know if it's still a thing. I'd expect it to be more effective when the economy is strong, which it currently is not.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

This guy was twenty four years old, in college, when he decided to take this picture next to a Klans man.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics ... index.html

The craziest thing about this story is his assistant governor is being told he must resign or be impeached, because
of assault allegations.

Ralph Northam should just resign, because he is a disgrace. I can't believe he is still in office. To make matters
worse, he edited his Wikipedia page to make it look like he grew up surrounded by African Americans. It's bullshit.

Why isn't he being forced to resign?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Northam

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

rclark wrote:
3 months ago
This guy was twenty four years old, in college, when he decided to take this picture next to a Klans man.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics ... index.html

The craziest thing about this story is his assistant governor is being told he must resign or be impeached, because
of assault allegations.

Ralph Northam should just resign, because he is a disgrace. I can't believe he is still in office. To make matters
worse, he edited his Wikipedia page to make it look like he grew up surrounded by African Americans. It's bullshit.

Why isn't he being forced to resign?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Northam
I don't think that he should resign. Wearing black face is bad but there are a lot of worse things.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
The percentages are not an accurate representation of what pjhair or anybody else here would experience if they moved to Houston.
How does that change anything from the graph? How is it not accurate?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
I don't think that he should resign. Wearing black face is bad but there are a lot of worse things.
There is indeed, such as pushing legislation for a mother to "abort" a fetus after giving birth.

https://eu.courier-journal.com/story/op ... 768277002/
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Esquire magazine is running a series on what it is like to be a young person in the United States today. The first article: https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... boy-at-17/ is about Ryan Morgan, a 17 year-old from Wisconsin. I have not yet read it, but I was planning on it as this has the potential to be an exciting series. I know that they will have other articles on different teenagers, though I don't know which ones or how many.

Anyhow, the first article led to an outraged twitter reaction, which is described and discussed by Rod Dreher here:
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... te-moment/
As far as I can tell, people are pissed that they're discussing a white middle class heterosexual male first, or something. The argument goes that it's boring and that we already have enough of such stories.

It's really not a good look. I think that they'd have a point if it weren't a series, as you can't get one representative person, but it is a series. I pointed this out in a progressive community, the response I got was "why start with the white male?" which came off as an improvised response. Well, you gotta start somewhere. To be honest, this outrage is really great marketing for Esquire. They now have more people who will read the series, as people are finding out about it. I think that if they had started with a very thoughtful article of some Black teen, few would have read it. Negative feelings are simply stronger, particularly on the internet.

But I just hate the entire outrage shit. I don't know anything about this kid. Maybe he's an asshole. Maybe he's challenged in some way. I have no idea. Neither do they. But if they're not interested, they can just not read it. That would be fine.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
Esquire magazine is running a series on what it is like to be a young person in the United States today. The first article: https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... boy-at-17/ is about Ryan Morgan, a 17 year-old from Wisconsin. I have not yet read it, but I was planning on it as this has the potential to be an exciting series. I know that they will have other articles on different teenagers, though I don't know which ones or how many.

Anyhow, the first article led to an outraged twitter reaction, which is described and discussed by Rod Dreher here:
As far as I can tell, people are pissed that they're discussing a white middle class heterosexual male first, or something. The argument goes that it's boring and that we already have enough of such stories.

It's really not a good look. I think that they'd have a point if it weren't a series, as you can't get one representative person, but it is a series. I pointed this out in a progressive community, the response I got was "why start with the white male?" which came off as an improvised response. Well, you gotta start somewhere. To be honest, this outrage is really great marketing for Esquire. They now have more people who will read the series, as people are finding out about it. I think that if they had started with a very thoughtful article of some Black teen, few would have read it. Negative feelings are simply stronger, particularly on the internet.

But I just hate the entire outrage shit. I don't know anything about this kid. Maybe he's an asshole. Maybe he's challenged in some way. I have no idea. Neither do they. But if they're not interested, they can just not read it. That would be fine.
I can see they're also running one with a queer kid, which progressives probably feel "represent" the "real" youth of America, these kids probably making up like 0.5% of high school youths.

Meanwhile the largest possible demographic (a white person of cis gender) isn't "inclusive" enough.

Oh but this is still absolutely intentional for a publication like Esquire to not just focus on a white male firstly (even that would be suspicious in today's progressive society) but on a white male who lives in a town that voted 2/3rds Trump.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago

I can really relate to this 17 year old kid. I'd much rather talk about girls, cool shoes and the Packers (NFL team) too.

He could be my son for all I know.
marry me, Kaitlin

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
3 months ago
I can really relate to this 17 year old kid. I'd much rather talk about girls, cool shoes and the Packers (NFL team) too.

He could be my son for all I know.
Pfft you wish.

Your son would turn out a bit more like this

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
Pfft you wish.

Well, in any case, this kid has fine genetics.
marry me, Kaitlin

Pat
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 3 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
Pfft you wish.

That kid is too skinny to be blackg's. It's probably his wife's boyfriend.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago

I've been to Seattle a few times and it seems nice. In general though, I'm weary of any city with a lot of tech bros, particularly as a single man. There was a recent online dating study, which compared Seattle, Boston, New York, and Chicago. Of those four cities, Seattle had the worst gender ratio, it had twice as many men in their 30s as women. The other three had better ratios, New York even slightly more women.

But San Francisco is undoubtedly worse. It used to be a major cultural capital of the United States, a lot of people wanted to move there because of the arts, the sciences, the social movements, et cetera. It's been taken over by tech bros, and in general, a lot of people who have a lot of money but no culture. I've spoken to people who have lived there and left, the city's vitality is basically gone.
I was in Seattle on new year. I had a really, really good time but it was mostly because of the company I had. It was a get together with two other friends. One of my friend, who came from Vancouver, has a Russian girlfriend. She brought two other friends of hers, one was Russian and the other from Kazhakistan. It was a great group of people and we all had a great time.