Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1266
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2823
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Making sense of the current political climate

#26559

Post by Guest-2 » 2 weeks ago

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago Yes it bothers me, but as you aptly point out, the tax liabilities are small, and there are certainly a LOT more tax waste going on.
My concern is, before Afro took it off track, if I don't publicly profess my support for "preferred pronouns", I will be categorized a transphobe bigot, with career advancement blocked.

Anyone read about Coinbase: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/10/si ... tics-rule/
Your issue seems more corporate and social media based than political legislation.

I’ve never been asked to use specific pronouns. This is really a problem you’ve had in your job?

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 2146
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 6144
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Making sense of the current political climate

#26560

Post by Guest-4 » 2 weeks ago

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago publicly profess my support for "preferred pronouns", I will be categorized a transphobe bigot, with career advancement blocked.
Does it actually bother you if someone (at most one or two people in your life) has a sex change operation and asks you to refer to them as she rather than he?
The most helpful meal is a happy deal.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1234
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1107
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Making sense of the current political climate

#26561

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 2 weeks ago Does it actually bother you if someone (at most one or two people in your life) has a sex change operation and asks you to refer to them as she rather than he?
The few he knows who have sex-changed bother him because he's a bigot against all of them. He is expressing his bigotry.

User avatar
Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 577
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1157
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Making sense of the current political climate

#26562

Post by Wire » 2 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 2 weeks ago Does it actually bother you if someone (at most one or two people in your life) has a sex change operation and asks you to refer to them as she rather than he?
I see a gap between where I'm coming from and your interpretation.

The preferred pronoun thing (perhaps my company is more woke than yours), is being put in emails by people (usually HR types) who are not transgender. I mean, I haven't checked their medical history. They have names and appearances which are typical. It's like if you repeatedly proclaimed your preferred gender pronouns were he/him/his. You may have been born a female, but unlikely. The number of people who are doing this, presumably for political gain, does concern me.
Last edited by Wire 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
Isn't that sexual harassment?!
Dr. House: Not if you're good looking.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1234
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1107
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Making sense of the current political climate

#26563

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote: 2 weeks ago With all due respect, I've heard that story before, in fact I've been told that story over and over again since I was in primary school. And I used to believe it, it's a powerful myth, I'll give you that. What scares me and my family now is that we've become the villains in that story. We vote for parties that our media, academia and mainstream politicians label as far right. If we were Americans, we would vote for Donald Trump with both hands, especially in the context of this election.

The story goes more or less like this: there is the left side, the enlightened people who believe in liberation from suffering through reason and social progress, these are the good guys. And on the other side, there are the people who want to remain in the "dark ages" as the "light people" call them, who believe in irrational stuff like revealed truth, that there is this template that was given to us on how to strive towards a virtuous life, which give reality its constraints, and those constraints cannot be bargained with. These are the bad guys.

These days you cannot defend the latter worldview without being instantly labeled as far right, or at least suspected of it. And when that happens, there is a powerful system in place set up by the good guys™ to make your life a living hell, to destroy your reputation and ostracize you from society. Those people are still enabled by the leftist establishment, and this is the beacon that retains all my attention in the political sphere. I vote for the equivalent of Trump here in Belgium because I want them to step in and dismantle this far left lunacy with an iron fist.

The rest doesn't matter much to me. Politics are important but not to the extent that the modern world would have you believe. Politicians are not gods who have the power to stop floods, fires, diseases and what not, they're just flawed and irrational sinful people who try to do their best just like the rest of us. Human beings are endowed with free will and ultimately make their own choices. If someone commits an act of evil, I will blame them, not some politician.
@Admin the problem is that your worldview includes hurting people who aren't doing anything harmful to anybody.

1. You want to hurt gay people for having harmless consensual sex with adults.

2. You want to hurt trans people just because they want to be the opposite sex from the sex they were born.

3. You want to suppress dark-skinned people because they're dark-skinned.

4. You want women to be 2nd class citizens because that keeps them obedient to men.

5. You want to keep people with psych problems hidden and harassed because you hate them because they have a health issue.

6. Your worldview empowers people like yourself and suppresses/oppresses anyone who isn't like you even if they aren't doing anything wrong. Yes, you are evil. You deserve every bit of pain and anguish you've ever experienced AND MORE. I don't know who's going to win on November 3 but if Biden wins I hope it tortures your evil hellish soul.

You complain that the left thinks you're evil and far-right but you are evil and far-right. You want to persecute other people in order to protect your white-privilege. And you don't care if Trump steals the election by rigging the ballots or cheating in some manner. As far as you're concerned it's OK for guys like Trump to hold onto power even if they have to cheat to do it. You're OK with it if free western civilizations go full-on autocracy as long as it's Christian autocracy.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 9 times in total.

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 2146
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 6144
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Making sense of the current political climate

#26564

Post by Guest-4 » 2 weeks ago

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago I see a gap between where I'm coming from and your interpretation.

The preferred pronoun thing (perhaps my company is more woke than yours), is being put in emails by people (usually HR types) who are not transgender. I mean, I haven't checked their medical history. They have names and appearances which are typical. It's like if you repeatedly proclaimed your preferred gender pronoun was he/him/his. You may have been born a female, but unlikely. The number of people who are doing this, presumably for political gain, does concern me.
Ok, I misunderstood.

I see that on some Twitter accounts, email signatures, and lanyards. I agree it's likely an excess, but again it's not among the more significant problems.
The most helpful meal is a happy deal.

User avatar
Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 577
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1157
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Making sense of the current political climate

#26565

Post by Wire » 2 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 2 weeks ago Ok,I misunderstood.

I see that on some Twitter accounts, email signatures, and lanyards. I agree it's likely an excess, but again it's not among the more significant problems.
My concern is that this virtue signalling wokeness is being used as a significant component of career advancement for positions of power, trading for real skill.

Added in 7 minutes 44 seconds:
nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago The problem is that your worldview includes hurting people who aren't doing anything wrong.

1. You want to hurt gay people for having harmless consensual sex with adults.

2. You want to hurt trans people because they want to be the opposite sex from the sex they were born.

3. You want to suppress dark-skinned people because they're dark-skinned.

4. You want women to be 2nd class citizens because that keeps them obedient to men.

5. You want to keep people with psych problems hidden and harassed because you hate them because they have a health issue.

6. Your worldview lifts people like yourself and hurts anyone who isn't like you even if they aren't doing anything wrong. Yes, you are evil. You are a bastard. You deserve every bit of pain and anguish you've ever experienced AND MORE. I don't know who's going to win on November 3 but I hope it's Biden. And if Biden wins I hope it tortures your evil hellish soul.

You complain that the left thinks of you as evil and far-right but you are evil and far-right. You want to hold others down and persecute them in order to protect your white-privilege and white worldview. And you don't care if Trump steals the election by rigging the ballots or cheating in some manner. As far as you're concerned guys like Trump can hold onto power by any means necessary, including lawlessly violating the rules of democracy. You're OK with free western civilizations going full-on autocracy as long as it's extremist Christian-right autocracy.
(adding to the list)

7. He despises Jews and is a fan of Hitler

8. He does not like science and medicine (including hair loss drugs)

9. He thinks slavery should be legal

10. He roams around murdering kittens and puppies
Isn't that sexual harassment?!
Dr. House: Not if you're good looking.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1234
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1107
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Making sense of the current political climate

#26566

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago(adding to the list)

7. He despises Jews and is a fan of Hitler

8. He does not like science and medicine (including hairloss drugs)

9. He thinks slavery should be legal

10. He roams around murdering kittens and puppies
Here is something I would add to the list of wrongdoings by Admin:

@Admin wants to hurt people who aren't doing any harm to anyone. Admin lacks the moral decency to realize that it's wrong to hurt people who aren't harming anybody. Admin is too focused on protecting his own white-privilege to consider the possibility that not loving God (including his own God) would want him to hurt people who aren't harming anyone.

Any one of us can lose our life at any moment. When Admin does pass away, whenever that may be, if god really exists then Admin will have to answer for his evil conduct while he was on Earth. And if god is real Admin will have NO acceptable answer for his evil conduct while he was on Earth. Hence, he will go straight to hell after he leaves Earth. And he deserves to go to hell after he leaves Earth so he will end up exactly where he belongs, if god's real.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2501
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4686
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Making sense of the current political climate

#26570

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago Here is something I would add to the list of wrongdoings by Admin:

@Admin wants to hurt people who aren't doing any harm to anyone. Admin lacks the moral decency to realize that it's wrong to hurt people who aren't harming anybody. Admin is too focused on protecting his own white-privilege to consider the possibility that not loving God (including his own God) would want him to hurt people who aren't harming anyone.

Any one of us can lose our life at any moment. When Admin does pass away, whenever that may be, if god really exists then Admin will have to answer for his evil conduct while he was on Earth. And if god is real I promise that Admin will have NO acceptable answer for his evil conduct while he was on Earth. Hence, he will go straight to hell after he leaves Earth.
This is clearly hyperbole.
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom (but just say no)

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 2146
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 6144
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Making sense of the current political climate

#26572

Post by Guest-4 » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago @Admin the problem is that your worldview includes hurting people who aren't doing anything harmful to anybody.

1. You want to hurt gay people for having harmless consensual sex with adults.

2. You want to hurt trans people just because they want to be the opposite sex from the sex they were born.

3. You want to suppress dark-skinned people because they're dark-skinned.

4. You want women to be 2nd class citizens because that keeps them obedient to men.

5. You want to keep people with psych problems hidden and harassed because you hate them because they have a health issue.

6. Your worldview lifts people like yourself and hurts anyone who isn't like you even if they aren't doing anything wrong. Yes, you are evil. You are a bastard. You deserve every bit of pain and anguish you've ever experienced AND MORE. I don't know who's going to win on November 3 but I hope it's Biden. And if Biden wins I hope it tortures your evil hellish soul.

You complain that the left thinks of you as evil and far-right but you are evil and far-right. You want to hold others down and persecute them in order to protect your white-privilege and white worldview. And you don't care if Trump steals the election by rigging the ballots or cheating in some manner. As far as you're concerned guys like Trump can hold onto power by any means necessary, including lawlessly violating the rules of democracy. You're OK with free western civilizations going full-on autocracy as long as it's extremist Christian-right autocracy.
I hate to say it but you sound a little bit like JLBB in that post. You're using a lot of exaggerations (as @blackg pointed out), so many that your point(s) get lost. You're also defining @Admin on the terms that are most favourable to you rather than making an effort to understand his position and why he arrived at conclusions distinct from your own.
The most helpful meal is a happy deal.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1234
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1107
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Making sense of the current political climate

#26573

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

Guest-4 wrote: 2 weeks ago I hate to say it but you sound a little bit like JLBB in that post. You're using a lot of exaggerations (as @blackg pointed out), so many that your point(s) get lost. You're also defining @Admin on the terms that are most favourable to you rather than making an effort to understand his position and why he arrived at conclusions distinct from your own.
I disagree guest 4 and I'll explain why.

We each are all individually responsible for our ideology, our party affiliation, our support of a specific candidate, and our vote. When I vote democrat this cycle, and I am voting democrat from the top of the ticket to the bottom of the ticket, I am affirming that the democratic PLATFORM and democratic POLICY IDEAS and the democratic CANDIDATES on the ballot are acceptable to me. I can't honestly claim later that the platform, or candidates, or policy ideas, I voted for or supported were unacceptable to me because I voted for and/or supported all of that stuff. When I support and/or vote for democrats to lead the US I'm affirming that I'm agreeable to the policy ideas, and platform, and candidates of the overall democratic party at this time. If I'm not agreeable enough to ANY of the policy ideas, or platform, or candidates, I support or vote for, then it's on me not to support or vote for those policy ideas, platforms, or candidates. The same rules apply to Admin.

This is ESPECIALLY TRUE in regards to POLICY IDEAS, CANDIDATES and PLATFORMS that hurt innocent people. If I vote in a way that suppresses or oppresses harmless people then I'm responsible for suppressing or oppressing harmless people. So I don't do that. On the other hand, @Admin supports the GOP and he especially supports Trump, and both Trump and the GOP suppress and oppress harmless people.

In some cases we have to hurt people by putting them in jail (or some other punishment) because those people hurt other people. But christian-right GOPers like Admin hurt people who aren't doing anything harmful to anyone. And christian-right GOPers don't hurt those harmless people because they have to hurt them. The christian-right GOPers hurt those harmless people because THEY WANT TO HURT THEM. It's evil to hurt harmless people for no good reason.

Admin will get his wake-up call that he's been an evil bastard while he was on Earth when he moves on from Earth and comes face-to-face with god (if god exists) and god SHARPLY demands an explanation from Admin for why Admin hurt harmless people while he was on Earth. And admin won't be talking to his evil supporters like WIRE, PAT, and JLBB in that moment. When that moment comes admin will be talking to god - the one true arbiter of ALL right & wrong. And when Admin hears the ANGER in god's voice (when god is demanding an explanation from Admin for why Admin was trying to hurt harmless people on Earth) admin will realize that in god's view Admin's conduct on Earth was unacceptable, and in that moment admin will think to himself, "Uh oh".
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1620
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2380
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Making sense of the current political climate

#26579

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Trump probably is not even a Christian. That was just an image he projects for his supporters. He picked Mike Pence for a reason.
To be honest, I don't even think MAGA supporters believe he is a Christian. He knows the religious right would not accept him if he
didn't pick Mike Pence as Vice President, and a religious right Supreme Court Judge.

That said, we can't blame people who don't live here for wishing Americans well. It doesn't matter what religion it is.

The issue is they really don't know how fake our President is.

Any person with any moral integrity would not object to wearing masks, and protecting people at risk. What President Trump
has done is very selfish.

Coming from a religious family background, I can honestly say Trump doesn't reflect any Christian values. Quite the opposite,
he actually represents very evil values. Not caring if your citizens burn to death is not Christian. Telling people to ignore
a virus that has killed over 200,000 people is not Christian.

Here Trump misrepresents Dr. Fauci, his chief medical advisor. That tells you what kind of person he is.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anthony-fauc ... 37571.html

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2073
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5373
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.
Age: 30
Contact:

Making sense of the current political climate

#26596

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-rev ... an-to-dad/


twitter_censoring_information_biden_corruption2.jpg
twitter_censoring_information_biden_corruption2.jpg (209.77 KiB) Viewed 814 times
https://www.rt.com/usa/503523-facebook- ... ter-biden/
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1266
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2823
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Making sense of the current political climate

#26601

Post by Guest-2 » 2 weeks ago

You have such a high standard for media, but use the New York Post as a credible source? 🤣 This gave me a chuckle.

Seriously, this paper has the worst reputation I think going back to when I was a kid.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2501
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4686
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

Making sense of the current political climate

#26603

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

New York Post is trash.
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom (but just say no)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post