Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 516
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 1084
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
No, it's not just Democrats. Jess Sessions is a Republican, and was a Trump Supporter.
Jeff Sessions was fired because he did not remove the Russia investigation. That's all there is
to it.

Even if it is Democrats saying things, they have to be proven true in a court of law. They cannot
just say things without any proof. In the U.S. a person is innocent until proven guilty. That's the
way the system has always works, and has always worked. It's not without flaws, but that is the way it is.

The fact is, even Trump's lawyer for fifteen years is going to prison. His lawyer snitched on
Trump, and has tape recorded evidence of their conversations. So, it's not just a "Democratic
conspiracy" theory.

Now as far as Medicare is concerned, George W Bush did a lot to improve it. Not sure what you
mean when you say the Democrats didn't support it? Hillary Clinton, even if you don't like her
(many people don't), was always supporting Universal Health Care. Always. That was her
stand in 2008, when she ran against Obama.

The only Democratic Presidential candidate who did not support it was John Edwards. Obama
supported it from the beginning.

I never liked John Edwards. In fact, if he would have won the primary,
I would have voted Republican.
You clearly don't know and haven't bothered to Google search what universal healthcare is or what basic terms like single payer mean so there is no point discussing it with you. They have never supported universal healthcare, do a fucking Google search, research what the affordable care act actually is and does. Research what a public option is, what single payer is, and what universal healthcare would be.

Learn basic fucking terminology and the details of what you're saying. Don't you live in America too? For fuck sake.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1079
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1179
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
6 months ago
You clearly don't know and haven't bothered to Google search what universal healthcare is or what basic terms like single payer mean so there is no point discussing it with you. They have never supported universal healthcare, do a fucking Google search, research what the affordable care act actually is and does. Research what a public option is, what single payer is, and what universal healthcare would be.

Learn basic fucking terminology and the details of what you're saying. Don't you live in America too? For fuck sake.
No, I live in Antartica.

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 259
Joined: 7 months ago
Reputation: 55
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 6 months ago

rclark wrote:
6 months ago
He is entitled to his opinion. It is free speech, I might not always agree with him, but who
am I to tell someone not to say it?
You're absolutely, totally, 100% correct.He, and every other person in this world, is entitled to their own. But he's rude and vulgar, and he does a lot of toddler-type name-calling. He does not treat others respectfully when he disagrees with them. Hence, he and his opinions also do not deserve respect. What other poster have I called names besides him? I've disagreed with posters but if you look at the record I have only used name-calling against those who also do name-calling, and who do it first.
Last edited by nameless 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 259
Joined: 7 months ago
Reputation: 55
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 6 months ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
7 months ago
So you would forego two major issues you agree with to support the party that opposes said major issues, all because of a hunch? I mean more power to you, though I don't agree with your priorities.

Also why did you give my Wakanda comment a dislike? No sense of humor?


99% was an exaggeration, but a great deal of Democrats in 2018 do have those views. All the high profile ones (Waters, Harris, etc.), at least.
It matters a lot to me if our leader is controlled by a powerful hostile adversary. If there's any chance that, that is a case that is the #1 issue of the soonest election as far as I'm concerned. And I do want the borders secured and I want immigration controlled and lawful. There are limits to how many people we can take into America.

In my view your Wakanda post was intended to derisively imply that African people have accomplished nothing. I thought you were saying the only accomplishment by Africans is a fictional accomplishment. Keep in mind that the African people have been under constant siege and attack by other African people and Caucasian people. How to accomplish things when you're under constant attack? in my opinion it all gets down to the biologicals. Different species can not produce healthy fertile offspring but when Africans and Caucasians mate they produce healthy fertile offspring. Hence, were all the same species and if one group has progress-related problems those problems likely come from external factors.
Last edited by nameless 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1079
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1179
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by rclark » 6 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
6 months ago
"The fact is, even Trump's lawyer for fifteen years is going to prison. His lawyer snitched on
Trump, and has tape recorded evidence of their conversations. So, it's not just a "Democratic
conspiracy" theory."

What does this have to do with Trump colluding with Russia or working for Russian interests? Absolutely nothing. I would actually be surprised if he hasn't broken ANY laws in some regard over the course of his entire business and political career, but this is a long way from the aforementioned Russia dogshit. The Australian Labor party for example broke US law due to election meddling via aiding in financing and resources for certain Democrats during the election, were charged and paid a fine for it, no one cared or cares however.

The question is whether there are foreign interests that compromise his ability to lead the country, at this point to suggest that is the case is a baseless conspiracy. The Hillary campaign were the ones that suggested pushing the narrative in private emails in 2015, prior to any mentions or assertions ANYWHERE of hacks, Russian trolls or collusion.
Trump's lawyer is going to prison. And I believe he also said (his lawyer's words, I don't know if this
is true or not), that he colluded with Russia.

Of course, Omarosa said it, so it must be true, right? :lol:

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 516
Joined: 11 months ago
Reputation: 1084
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 6 months ago

nameless wrote:
6 months ago
You're absolutely, totally, 100% correct.He, and every other person in this world, is entitled to their own. But he's rude and vulgar, and he does a lot of toddler-type name-calling. He does not treat others respectfully when he disagrees with them. Hence, he and his opinions also do not deserve respect. What other poster have I called names besides him? I've disagreed with posters but if you look at the record I have only used name-calling against those who also do name-calling, and who do it first.
Because you're a *literally* fucking retard. There's no arguing with someone that has a brick wall level IQ, Aristotle himself could be providing the argument and still your mind wouldn't change one iota.

Rclark I don't think has a particularly high level of comprehension skills in an academic or logic based sense, but I do think he wants to at least make an effort and do the right thing. If he was offered good information on the topics discussed and spent time with it (probably past the point in his life that is ever going to happen or he'd be willing to change his mind) I he might come around to some degree, I don't think our outlooks on a fair society differ significantly. His opinion is worthwhile he just doesn't understand the detailed because he hasn't been educated in them.He seems like a decent person and wants a healthy society that supports those who with low opportunity which is noble but he's misguided about how to best achieve this and into their 50s people rarely change their minds on things even with evidence, its a sad fact.

You on the other hand genuinely are just the bottom of the barrel, literally a a cyborg programmed from CNNs central computer.

I treat people with respect unless they have shown to a gross extent they are not a respectable person. People who offer their key election issue as "RUSSSSSIIAAAAAAAAAA" over healthcare, immigration, infrastructure, foreign policy, the breakdown of the federal budget etc. are as worthwhile to political discourse as a lobotomised donkey.

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 203
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 550
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 6 months ago

nameless wrote:
6 months ago
It matters a lot to me if our leader is controlled by a powerful hostile adversary. If there's any chance that, that is a case that is the #1 issue of the soonest election as far as I'm concerned. And I do want the borders secured and I want immigration controlled and lawful. There are limits to how many people we can take into America.

In my view your Wakanda post was intended to derisively imply that African people have accomplished nothing. I thought you were saying the only accomplishment by Africans is a fictional accomplishment. Keep in mind that the African people have been under constant siege and attack by other African people and Caucasian people. How to accomplish things when you're under constant attack? in my opinion it all gets down to the biologicals. Different species can not produce healthy fertile offspring but when Africans and Caucasians mate they produce healthy fertile offspring. Hence, were all the same species and if one group has progress-related issues those issues likely come from external factors.
It was a joke, one that apparently triggered you. I don't think anyone here is seriously suggesting that Africans are a different species.

Why don't you list some major African achievements though? I'm interested to hear some. Not African American mind you, but African.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 259
Joined: 7 months ago
Reputation: 55
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 6 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
6 months ago
Because you're a *literally* fucking retard. There's no arguing with someone that has a brick wall level IQ, Aristotle himself could be providing the argument and still your mind wouldn't change one iota.

Rclark I don't think has a particularly high level of comprehension skills in an academic or logic based sense, but I do think he wants to at least make an effort and do the right thing. If he was offered good information on the topics discussed and spent time with it (probably past the point in his life that is ever going to happen or he'd be willing to change his mind) I he might come around to some degree, I don't think our outlooks on a fair society differ significantly. His opinion is worthwhile he just doesn't understand the detailed because he hasn't been educated in them.He seems like a decent person and wants a healthy society that supports those who with low opportunity which is noble but he's misguided about how to best achieve this and into their 50s people rarely change their minds on things even with evidence, its a sad fact.

You on the other hand genuinely are just the bottom of the barrel, literally a a cyborg programmed from CNNs central computer.

I treat people with respect unless they have shown to a gross extent they are not a respectable person. People who offer their key election issue as "RUSSSSSIIAAAAAAAAAA" over healthcare, immigration, infrastructure, foreign policy, the breakdown of the federal budget etc. are as worthwhile to political discourse as a lobotomised donkey.

You treat nobody with respect unless they agree with you. When you say someone has "shown to a gross extent that they are not respectable people" what you mean is that they disagree with you. You the most intolerant rudest disgusting bastard I've ever met.

User avatar
SmootheSailing
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 41
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: minoxidil + Nizoral
Location: Ireland
Age: 27

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by SmootheSailing » 6 months ago

Admin wrote:
6 months ago
Me and one of my friends get called Russian bots despite using our real names to comment on Facebook. Almost no one believes those stupid and crazy conspiracy theories like thr child sacrifices by Clinton.

Now Russian bots are a thing. I've seen them, and what they do is brilliant, mainly starting the cascading assault against the politically correct left by making people on the right feel like they are not alone.

I don't like the fact that it's forced and "not real" to an extent, but still, those bots very often tell the truth (known to be a powerful weapon), and these days, 2013 seems quite far away, in the sense that back then I was still talking with my friends about how you had to be careful on social media or you would never find a job. The authoritarian left had a tight grip on us.

This is nearly gone now. Back then, they'd come down hard on the rare dissidents, flood their workplace with emails and doxx them. Today, this isn't viable anymore as the vast majority of conservative people are speaking out. And those who aren't certainly are voting.

Anyway, George Soros is a giant weasel pushing his views with tons of money. It is not a conspiracy and he's doing it in the open, he's proud of it and just says so. But still, despite the billions of dollars he invests, he's failing, and right-wing populism is winning. Because no one can bend reality to his own will. Temporarily, yes, but it kicks back and it kickbacks hard.

Facebook is a mess and they have their own ineffective strategies to control the current political narrative and their members. But again, it does not work. It is quite amusing to watch these enemies of truth and freedom cannibalize each other (the EU against Mark Zuckerberg for example) and stubbornly saw the branch on which they're sitting. You can't control others with deceit and lies, and unearned power when wielded will blow up in your face sooner or later.

I think this 'blaming Facebook' rhetoric is stupid. It would literally make more sense to blame the fiber optic cables criss-crossing the planet.


The fact is that democracy is changing rapidly due to the internet. I think it's ridiculous to think that we could smoothly change from a democratic system where the masses are informed on global/national events through a number of media companies/newspapers and tv stations, to a system where we're all connected and anyone can inform anyone else about anything they want without any consequences. Where people can find the information and/or groups that makes them feel the best. A system which can easily be manipulated, a system that reduces empathy to near 0 and increases polarization 100 fold. A system that profits nearly entirely from hits (advertisers) rather than payments from individuals, thus giving the incentive to please advertisement companies and not customers.

Russian bots are only the begining, (well not even, Israel have been doing that for years before Russia ever did), but things will get a lot worse when it becomes essentially impossible to tell who's real and who's not, or what video is a fake, or what's the true agenda of some movement etc.

The US and Brexit are direct symptoms of this, I'm very interested if these disasters will produce any workable solutions.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1238
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1654

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 6 months ago

nameless wrote:
6 months ago
You're absolutely, totally, 100% correct.He, and every other person in this world, is entitled to their own. But he's rude and vulgar, and he does a lot of toddler-type name-calling. He does not treat others respectfully when he disagrees with them. Hence, he and his opinions also do not deserve respect. What other poster have I called names besides him? I've disagreed with posters but if you look at the record I have only used name-calling against those who also do name-calling, and who do it first.
I wanna like you, Nameless, but what happened between you and hairblues?

I'd love to have her back and if she does come back would you not harass her for me?
I eat ass (taxpayer funded)

nameless
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 259
Joined: 7 months ago
Reputation: 55
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 6 months ago

blackg wrote:
6 months ago
I wanna like you, Nameless, but what happened between you and hairblues?

I'd love to have her back and if she does come back would you not harass her for me?

I take a lot of the blame for that. I was getting really obsessed with the hairlosstalk website. I needed to get away from the website (and all hair websites as well) and I did. I got bogged down in pointless disagreements because I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Things ran away with me and I lost control. I needed to get away from the hair websites and for a good amount of time.

If she came back I definitely wouldn't harass her. I would imagine if she said something I disagreed with I would just point out my posit on the issue in a civil manner. If she pointed out something i agree with I would likely her post and perhaps even add to her point if I thought her point could be expanded on further.

I'm not looking for any trouble. I just want my hair back. And I really believe we are getting close to a cure. There's a lot of strong candidates (potential cures) being investigated.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 952
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2006
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by That Guy » 6 months ago

blackg wrote:
6 months ago
I wanna like you, Nameless, but what happened between you and hairblues?

I'd love to have her back and if she does come back would you not harass her for me?
If you stood your ground, and disliked people more, I would like you more.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1238
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1654

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 6 months ago

That Guy wrote:
6 months ago
If you stood your ground, and disliked people more, I would like you more.
I have nothing to prove on this site.
So I won't turn into that angry person. It burns up too much energy and you will learn this too as you get older.
I eat ass (taxpayer funded)

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 952
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2006
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by That Guy » 6 months ago

blackg wrote:
6 months ago
I have nothing to prove on this site.
So I won't turn into that angry person. It burns up too much energy and you will learn this too as you get older.
Uh huh. The difference between you and I basically boils down to: I actually give a shit about things.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1238
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1654

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 6 months ago

nameless wrote:
6 months ago
I take a lot of the blame for that. I was getting really obsessed with the hairlosstalk website. I needed to get away from the website (and all hair websites as well) and I did. I got bogged down in pointless disagreements because I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Things ran away with me and I lost control. I needed to get away from the hair websites and for a good amount of time.

If she came back I definitely wouldn't harass her. I would imagine if she said something I disagreed with I would just point out my posit on the issue in a civil manner. If she pointed out something i agree with I would likely her post and perhaps even add to her point if I thought her point could be expanded on further.

I'm not looking for any trouble. I just want my hair back. And I really believe we are getting close to a cure. There's a lot of strong candidates (potential cures) being investigated.
Thanks nameless.
I eat ass (taxpayer funded)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest