Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Guest-2 wrote: 3 weeks ago Couple of points on this;

Did she actually say those words that directly blame or tie Trump to this attempt? Or are they inferring it from other things she said? Because I watched your video and didn't hear her say that.

also,
One man out of how many? Think 15 were indicted so far. Do they all feel the same way about Trump?

and
Trump himself called Kamilla Harris a communist on live Tv last night.
What proof does he have that she's a communist? or it's okay for him to accuse her of things, but no one can point out that he's a white supremacist.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... t-protests
Cris Cristie, who has asthma, and probably is diabetic, caught it after helping Trump prepare for the debate. I feel very bad for him,
because he said that nobody wore masks. It seems like all of this could be prevented, but it wasn't.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chr ... 13352.html

To be honest, I didn't think Trump was a racist until I saw his debate. It was awful, but he was very honest on where he
stood on everything. He didn't flip flop on issues.

The most irresponsible thing Trump did was tell people not to let the virus dominate your lives. That's meaningless, coming
from someone who has the best health care in the United States. Had he not had preventive measures, and his oxygen levels were
getting low, things could have been very different for him. His supporters probably won't be as lucky.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote: 2 weeks agoTo be honest, I didn't think Trump was a racist until I saw his debate.
Everybody else in the world has known Trump is a racist for some years. You should have known it for awhile but I guess it went over your head.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago Everybody else in the world has known it for some years. You should have known it for awhile but I guess it went over your head.
You couldn't do half the things I do, because you have half the brain power that I do, if that.

You have a very biased view of the world. Everybody knows it.

For example, everybody is allowed back on hairlossalk. Yet, you think for some reason it only applied to you. It doesn't.
Yet, you were unable to figure that out on your own. You're just a tool that Wolf Pack uses.

Remember, Wolf Pack gave you a permanent ban. You complain about this site, but you don't complain at all about hairlosstalk.
Yet, there are people who have said they were banned for no reason. But I guess they are lying, and you are right.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

rclark wrote: 2 weeks ago You couldn't do half the things I do, because you have half the brain power that I do, if that.

You have a very biased view of the world. Everybody knows it.

For example, everybody is allowed back on hairlossalk. Yet, you think for some reason it only applied to you. It doesn't.
Yet, you were unable to figure that out on your own. You're just a tool that Wolf Pack uses.

Remember, Wolf Pack gave you a permanent ban. You complain about this site, but you don't complain at all about hairlosstalk.
Yet, there are people who have said they were banned for no reason. But I guess they are lying, and you are right.
All of the crap in your post above is false.

And you complained that I didn't send you a PM so I sent you a PM. You got my PM but you didn't respond. This means you're erratic/unstable.
Why didn't you respond to my PM even though you basically directed me to send you a PM? Get it together, man.

Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote: 2 weeks ago It seems like all of this could be prevented, but it wasn't.
How do you know masks would have prevented this?
(I'm not an anti-masker).
Isn't that sexual harassment?!
Dr. House: Not if you're good looking.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago How do you know masks would have prevented this?
The Center of Disease Control guidelines. Also China, Japan, and South Korea use masks, which helped flatten the spread.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... rings.html

It's really unfortunate we don't have a President who takes this seriously. The day after he made fun of Biden during the
debate, for wearing a mask, he gets the cornavirus.

This is a choice that effects people around us, and it only takes a second to put on and take off.

Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

rclark wrote: 2 weeks ago The Center of Disease Control guidelines. Also China, Japan, and South Korea use masks, which helped flatten the spread.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... rings.html

It's really unfortunate we don't have a President who takes this seriously. The day after he made fun of Biden during the
debate, for wearing a mask, he gets the cornavirus.

This is a choice that effects people around us, and it only takes a second to put on and take off.

" Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others."
Help. How much help? No one knows.

In conclusion your claim that this was preventable is a guess.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago " Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others."

It's not a guess. They help stop it from spreading. If you choose to risk others around you, then you might be the one responsible for
giving it to them.

There was a shortage of masks in the beginning, in the United States. So only medical workers were able to get them, and
at that time there wasn't enough. Jared Kushner was put in charge of supplying them.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41790 ... ks-prevent

I take it you are choosing not to wear one?

There is a resurgence of the virus here.

https://news.yahoo.com/northeast-held-v ... 03761.html

In the state I live in, it is a mandatory requirement. Even in restaurants, you don't have to wear one while you are
eating, but in general you do have to wear it. This is true for all stores.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

I don't think anyone's saying it would have prevented all of "this". I'm saying it would have prevented a bunch of "this".

And I know this because people who know what they're talking about (doctors, biologists, and scientists) say it would have prevented a lot of "this".

Also you can do a side-by-side comparison of people who played by the rules versus people who didn't play by the rules. Look how Team Trump flaunted the rules and see how they're loaded with Covid-19 cases while Team Biden adhered to the rules and they don't have the Covid-19 breakout that Team Trump has.

And Team Trump probably has more Covid-19 cases than we even know about because you have Mike ("Covid-19 pinkeye") Pence leaving the campaign trail and now he's hiding so we can't see if he has Covid-19. Chris Christie's case of Covid-19 wasn't reported until he ended up in the hospital. Team Trump is trying to hide how much Covid-19 cases they have and it still looks like a lot of cases even though we don't know about all of it. Meanwhile Joe ("By-the-rules") Biden's team isn't having a lot of Covid-19 cases, if any.

Added in 9 minutes 22 seconds:
Even if you aren't an anti-masker you are a Trump supporter so you'll say anything that reduces Trump's culpability for the Covid-19 problem becoming worse than it had to. You're a Trump supporter who wants to excuse Trump's mistakes that worsened the Covid-19 problem.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 10 times in total.

Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago I don't think anyone's saying it would have prevented all of this "this".We're saying it would have prevented some of this.
rclark literally said all of it could have been prevented, which I quoted
nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago You're probably an anti-masker.
I literally wrote I'm not an anti-masker. A few days ago I had Philippe Monguillot's pic in my avatar (RIP), and I posted about him in one of the threads.

Anyway, I did not expect anything else from you and your ilk :thinking:

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago " Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others."

A lot of the deaths and sickness were preventable. Trump managed the Covid-19 virus horribly and caused a lot of sickness/death that didn't need to happen.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 5 times in total.

Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

rclark wrote: 2 weeks agoI take it you are choosing not to wear one?
No, Einstein, I'm fastidious about wearing masks when I'm around others.

Added in 8 minutes 17 seconds:
nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago There's no way to know who would have caught Covid-19 and who wouldn't have if everyone was wearing masks. We just know that some of them wouldn't have. That means that some of the Americans who died from Covid-19 wouldn't have died if masks and social-distancing had been mandatory.

And all of the deaths and sickness would not have been preventable but many of the deaths and sickness would have been preventable.
That is also what I think, and more so the horrible management in NY where Cuomo was forcing nursing homes to take in covid positive patients.

However, I am also cognizant of page 99 paragraph 1 in:

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/han ... .1-eng.pdf

Unrelated to the current exchange, but an interesting read: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/616548/

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago rclark literally said all of it could have been prevented, which I quoted

I literally wrote I'm not an anti-masker. A few days ago I had Philippe Monguillot's pic in my avatar (RIP), and I posted about him in one of the threads.

@Wire I don't completely agree with rclark if he said all of it could have been prevented but I do believe a lot of it was preventable.

And while I'm not 100% agreeable that all of "this" could have been prevented; I'm also not 100% sure that rclark is wrong either. After all, I'm not seeing any Covid-19 cases among Team Biden and they are trying to follow the recommendations. So rclark might have a point that literally all of the Covid-19 cases were preventable if people had done exactly what they should have done and I mean only exactly what they should have done. Hence, I believe the only reason @rclark might be wrong is that I don't think he's factoring in how hard it would be to prevent every last person from making a mistake.

Added in 13 minutes 54 seconds:
Wire wrote: 2 weeks agoNo, Einstein, I'm fastidious about wearing masks when I'm around others.
@Wire You support the re-election of President Trump and you know that Trump is a big driving forces behind the spread of the disease. About half of this country listens to Trump's dangerous and erroneous advice so by helping to keep him in power you are knowingly helping him to continue spreading his dangerous and erroneous advice about the disease. Hence, by supporting his re-election you are one of the driving forces behind the spread of the disease.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 3 times in total.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Guest-2 » 2 weeks ago

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago No, Einstein, I'm fastidious about wearing masks when I'm around others.

Added in 8 minutes 17 seconds:

That is also what I think, and more so the horrible management in NY where Cuomo was forcing nursing homes to take in covid positive patients.

However, I am also cognizant of page 99 paragraph 1 in:

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/han ... .1-eng.pdf

Unrelated to the current exchange, but an interesting read: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/616548/
As a New Yorker, Thank GOD for Cuomo during the Trump Administration.

https://www.managedhealthcareconnect.co ... ial-claims

Bottom line:
State and federal rules didn’t force nursing homes to accept COVID-positive patients, but many of them believed they had no other choice.

Our Ruling

In a tweet, the HHS assistant secretary for public affairs said that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo “forced” nursing homes across the state to admit COVID-positive patients and that this policy fueled the spread of COVID-19 that led to thousands of deaths in the nursing home population.

Although nursing homes felt pressure to accept COVID-positive patients, they were not actually forced to do so. State regulations require nursing homes to accept patients only if they can care for them, and they could have refused them on those grounds.

In addition, it’s unclear the extent to which the governor’s policy was responsible for nursing home COVID-19 deaths. Infection control is a long-standing problem in nursing homes, predating the pandemic, and a report showed peak numbers of nursing home deaths came prior to the peak influx of patients as a result of Cuomo’s advisory. While the introduction of COVID-19 positive patients into nursing homes no doubt had an effect on infection spread, Caputo’s statement suggests it was solely responsible. That’s not what the evidence shows.

We rate this Mostly False.

It's important to note, the tweet I believe came from HSS Assistant Secretary for public affairs Mike Caputo... :roll:

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Wire wrote: 2 weeks ago rclark literally said all of it could have been prevented, which I quoted

You don't understand the situation in the United States. We have violent right wing groups, like the Proud Boys, and a President who leads them.
In New York, if Cuomo didn't do anything, there would have been a lot more deaths then there have been. He forced people to wear masks, and closed down non essential businesses (temporarily). He did the same actions the governor in New Jersey did.

To be honest, I think your admiration of a country leader in a place that you don't even live in is fake. Trump doesn't posts all of his white house speeches on youtube. He had people publically discuss being robbed/and raped by Hispanic people, when he wanted to get funding for the wall between Mexico and the United States.

This is not to say all Republican leaders feel that way about the virus. In Maryland governor has taken health precautions to protect his people.

I don't make comments about other countries leaders because I don't understand enough to make something intelligent enough to say.
Last edited by rclark 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.