Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 3 months ago

Where has Biden been for the last 5 days? He is practically the Dem nominee and it's all but confirmed, so he just disappears because he doesn't have to care. Especially at a time when a pandemic grips the nation, this strong leader just disappears, and doesn't inform anyone why?
Look, fat...

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 months ago

nameless wrote:
3 months ago
This is the last time you're hearing from me. I want to let you know that I disrespect you because you were OK with other posters ragging on me about having psych health issues over hair loss as they repeatedly over and over and over ad nauseam keep insulting for having psych issues and then i get in one of their faces about being from India and you immediately take their defense. You suck man. You have no idea right from wrong.

When did I have another way to insult PJ besides resorting to insulting him over him being Indian? Nothing. I know nothing else about him.

In America, people with health issues, including people with psych health issues are a protected demographic just like people in different races. In other words when PJ was insulting me he was insulting a person who is also part of a protected group. And he started the fight, not me. And he publicly stated that he started the fight for "fun". He was harassing a guy in a protected group (health issues) for fun. Any decent person would understand that, that is disgusting. But you were OK with that. What you weren't OK with was me fighting back against rat PJ with the only ammo I had - where he comes from.

FU. Eat shit and die.
REKT.

Added in 3 minutes 4 seconds:
blackg wrote:
3 months ago
This tone is not helping. I think we should all get together and protest the action of nameless leaving. If we make ourselves heard maybe he will consider coming back to us.

COME BACK, NAMELESS!
I don't like AOC with red lipstick. Can you please swap to something more like this

https://pcmdnews.com/aoc-cites-2nd-plac ... n-science/

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
Where has Biden been for the last 5 days? He is practically the Dem nominee and it's all but confirmed, so he just disappears because he doesn't have to care. Especially at a time when a pandemic grips the nation, this strong leader just disappears, and doesn't inform anyone why?
He is probably volunteering at a homeless shelter and doesn't want the publicity. I can assure you that Joe is doing his part.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
Biden is getting a hair transplant.

Trump is playing golf.
Celebrating June, which is United States LGBT Pride month.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

yettee wrote:
6 months ago
Dude. This isn't complicated. What I am saying is that there's no legal requirement whatsoever for any exchange of information for a private sale gun purchase in many places in the US. And no paperwork. Which is a big problem if you care at all about who does and does not have extremely easy access to guns. (In the US, this is something the left cares about and wants very much to change, and the right most definitely does not. The left wants to require background checks for these sales.) One can go about meeting a complete stranger, for example, by seeing an ad for a gun for sale posted by a complete stranger and answering it. As easy as it was for you to post your message above.

Your post is incorrect, as you compare it to illegal activity. It's legal, and so there's no deterrent.
https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/a-lo ... un-online/

:thinking:
Look, fat...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 3 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
:thinking:
Ya, here's a quote from the article:

"Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. "

That's not how people buy a gun online. It's private seller to private seller, through ads. That's legal. Not from a storefront.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

yettee wrote:
3 months ago
Ya, here's a quote from the article:

"Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. "

That's not how people buy a gun online. It's private seller to private seller, through ads. That's legal. Not from a storefront.
If it's so easy why are gun stores online and in person being inundated with people wanting guns now, even in states like California? Why don't they go to one of these easy advertisements you insist are readily available?

It's as easy as me writing this post, as you say, so prove it, let's say you want to buy a gun right now, tell me exactly what ad you would find in this moment of time to go and do that.

Cite the website, newspaper, whatever, tell me how easy that is to do.
Look, fat...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
If it's so easy why are gun stores online and in person being inundated with people wanting guns now, even in states like California? Why don't they go to one of these easy advertisements you insist are readily available?

It's as easy as me writing this post, as you say, so prove it, let's say you want to buy a gun right now, tell me exactly what ad you would find in this moment of time to go and do that.

Cite the website, newspaper, whatever, tell me how easy that is to do.
I'm not going to do that. Just google it and you'll see. If you seriously can't find a million websites within 2 seconds let me know and I'll PM you but I'm not going to post it, ever.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Law abiding citizens need guns. Criminals them too, to prevent robberies.
And my gay friends need guns to ward of homophobes.
images (9).jpg
images (9).jpg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

yettee wrote:
3 months ago
I'm not going to do that. Just google it and you'll see. If you seriously can't find a million websites within 2 seconds let me know and I'll PM you but I'm not going to post it, ever.
As they are illegal in my country I can't Google that, why would you know that googling such terms would give a ton of results? Because I've seen news clips from MSNBC and CNN showing some reporter pretending this is incredibly easy in front of a computer, but from further investigation after, it's really misleading news.

And again to reiterate, I'm not saying illegal gun sales never happen, but I am saying there's clear deterrents, and the average person hoping to make a regular income from selling guns, would have to be a total moron to put some ad on Craigslist. People have been convicted (possibly unfairly) for claiming to not know information on a purchaser that was apparently obvious, that's a risk they take as well.

But you didn't acknowledge my first point, why are people so desperate to try and get guns that they're harassing shop owners, yet you say it's so easy to meet some stranger and pick it up? You said to organise it is literally as easy as making a post on this site.

Gun sales have gone up 300% in California and 90% of those are first time buyers (before anyone thinks "oh it's just those rare hillbilly Californians just adding to their stockpile) but that doesn't even come close to what the demand is, because tons more people are waiting on their background checks, and it's a minimum of 14 days for that process to go through, but right now with such high demand it's going to be much longer, and the government is thinking about there being too much to process for their skeleton crew and they might just half approvals until after the pandemic calms down.

1 month ago: "it's disgraceful how children can easily purchase a gun and hunt their classmates in Trump's America, there's so many loopholes it's like buying candy"
Now: "why can't we get our guns sooner?! Can we please express my background check??!"
Look, fat...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
As they are illegal in my country I can't Google that, why would you know that googling such terms would give a ton of results? Because I've seen news clips from MSNBC and CNN showing some reporter pretending this is incredibly easy in front of a computer, but from further investigation after, it's really misleading news.

And again to reiterate, I'm not saying illegal gun sales never happen, but I am saying there's clear deterrents, and the average person hoping to make a regular income from selling guns, would have to be a total moron to put some ad on Craigslist. People have been convicted (possibly unfairly) for claiming to not know information on a purchaser that was apparently obvious, that's a risk they take as well.

But you didn't acknowledge my first point, why are people so desperate to try and get guns that they're harassing shop owners, yet you say it's so easy to meet some stranger and pick it up? You said to organise it is literally as easy as making a post on this site.
It is. I didn't say anything about craigslist, though the sites are very much like craigslist. It's very easy to get a gun in the US. You look at an ad posted online by a private seller, and arrange to meet the person and do the exchange. No federal background check necessary, some states require it but I don't think the site(s?) check for compliance even in those cases. Maybe not everyone is comfortable answering an ad and meeting a stranger to do a sale, maybe people want something new rather than secondhand, I don't know, whatever. Not everyone buys things online. But many people do and it's that easy. There's also the gun show loophole, and anyway it's just not very difficult to get a gun in the US from a plain old store in most states - provided that they're in stock of course!

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
1 month ago: "it's disgraceful how children can easily purchase a gun and hunt their classmates in Trump's America, there's so many loopholes it's like buying candy"
This is hyperbole of the highest order. School shootings in America are still an exception rather than the rule.

Considering the amount of schools and teenage school students in the U.S. the percentage of those who resort to killing fellow students is actually quite low.

Teachers and some responsible senior students need to be armed themselves in the hope of preventing mass shootings by the odd disturbed individual.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

yettee wrote:
3 months ago
It is. I didn't say anything about craigslist, though the sites are very much like craigslist. It's very easy to get a gun in the US. You look at an ad posted online by a private seller, and arrange to meet the person and do the exchange. No federal background check necessary, some states require it but I don't think the site(s?) check for compliance even in those cases. Maybe not everyone is comfortable answering an ad and meeting a stranger to do a sale, maybe people want something new rather than secondhand, I don't know, whatever. Not everyone buys things online. But many people do and it's that easy. There's also the gun show loophole, and anyway it's just not very difficult to get a gun in the US from a plain old store in most states - provided that they're in stock of course!
You had to clarify you never specifically said Craigslist while acknowledging it doesn't matter anyway as it could easily be very similar sites like Craigslist, but didn't acknowledge my other question? Which is- why would you know these search terms brings up tons of search results, and you are certain from there it's very straightforward to meet someone and purchase their gun? How do you know this?

The reason I keep asking is because I think it's possible you saw some mainstream media report on how "easy" it is, but in reality you have no idea. You haven't tried it yourself and you don't know anyone who has, CNN told you.

This theory of mine is further backed up by how you mentioned the repeatedly debunked gun show loophole myth, it's been plastered across mainstream media and is completely unfounded.
Look, fat...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
3 months ago
You had to clarify you never specifically said Craigslist while acknowledging it doesn't matter anyway as it could easily be very similar sites like Craigslist, but didn't acknowledge my other question? Which is- why would you know these search terms brings up tons of search results, and you are certain from there it's very straightforward to meet someone and purchase their gun? How do you know this?

The reason I keep asking is because I think it's possible you saw some mainstream media report on how "easy" it is, but in reality you have no idea. You haven't tried it yourself and you don't know anyone who has, CNN told you.

This theory of mine is further backed up by how you mentioned the repeatedly debunked gun show loophole myth, it's been plastered across mainstream media and is completely unfounded.
OMG. OK I'll just PM you a site and you can see for yourself. Please don't use it.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

yettee wrote:
3 months ago
OMG. OK I'll just PM you a site and you can see for yourself. Please don't use it.
You're being like OMG when it was really difficult to get some straight answers here and it was weird you seemed to be avoiding things (when you had the answer anyway? Just weird) and now when pushed OMG ALREADY

But thank you for the PM, I can easily contact a seller, hope they are trusted, arrange to meet them, have concerns about the legitimacy of the transaction. The seller themselves has to be concerned that they aren't knowingly selling to someone who is obviously a threat, and they need to be mindful that they aren't crossing the line of what is a private sale for an item they simply have no use for, in to making money as an unregistered business.

Yes I can see now it certainly is easier than I thought, I still think there are risks and deterrents, and from looking up forums on how to deal with that site, only experienced gun owners know the proper means to use such ads and not get burned or ripped off, or even in a dangerous situation. It's not quite the same as a kid who wants to buy a guitar on Craigslist and going to meet the seller.
Look, fat...