Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 4 months ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
4 months ago
"I don't like it when this high profile Democrat whose talking points are the same as those of 99% of modern day Democrat politicians speaks her mind."

"by the way I voted straight Democrat!! :D"


It's not that surprising. Since 1982, the ruling party has always lost the House. Even conservative pundits were predicting the Democrats would gain 40 or so seats this election. I'm more surprised they didn't get 2/3 of the House or the Senate with how unpopular Trump is.
If you think that Ocasio Cortez makes talking points that are in-line with 99% of current Democrats, you are entirely politically illiterate or wilfully ignorant towards nuance.

I do agree though that Nameless is a grade-A moron for his reasoning of voting Democrat however.

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 4 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
4 months ago
I do agree though that Nameless is a grade-A moron for his reasoning of voting Democrat however.


Your attack against me makes you sound like you're in your middle-teens. How old are you?

And if you don't think that a high probability the leader of your country is owned by a hostile & fascistic foreign power is an EXTREMELY important issue then you don't care about democracy, freedom, or your country.

Power to the people.
Last edited by nameless 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 666
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1677
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by That Guy » 4 months ago

It's alarming how many people today don't actually know what a fascist is.

What they really mean when they say it is, "Someone who disagrees with my leftwing politics"

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 4 months ago

That Guy wrote:
4 months ago
It's alarming how many people today don't actually know what a fascist is.
Some of the people who don't know what fascism means are people who call themselves republicans and think they're supporting reasonable benign conservatism, but they moved fuhrer right than they intended to and they ended up supporting fascism instead.

I'm not talking about the republicans who simply want to put reasonable controls and limits on immigration. I'm talking about the authoritarian & nationalistic people who would use fear and violence to silence dissent and foster civilian regimentation and subservience. They're controlling and sadistic personalities who have an appetite for inflicting grotesque physical harm on other people. For example, the way James Alex Fields Jr, drove his car, without hesitation, right into people who were protesting nationalism in Charlotttesville, Virginia is an obvious example of a fascist at his worse and most distinguishable. Even after his car started literally plowing into people in front of him he still kept driving steadily forward, at an even pace, into more people. And it isn't just Mr. Fields who was being fascistic in that matter - every last person who was supporting Mr. Fields' actions that day, and to this day, is also a fascist, whether they know it or not. Like psychopaths, fascists lack empathy and sympathy for others. And they seem to lack a conscience.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 4 months ago

nameless wrote:
4 months ago
Your attack against me makes you sound like you're in your middle-teens. How old are you?

And if you don't think that a high probability the leader of your country is owned by a hostile & fascistic foreign power is an EXTREMELY important issue then you don't care about democracy, freedom, or your country.

Power to the people.
You have two years of Trump's foreign policy as it relates to Russia to look at (not that you care about this, only alarmist CNN headlines). If you still believe Trump is beholden to foreign powers at this point and will ignore how his policies have functioned in relation to Russia, YES you absolutely are a grade-A fucking idiot.

Didn't realise that an honest assessment of someone in the most accurate terms makes someone sound like they're in their mid-teens. The left LOVES appeal to authority fallacies, so here's one for you; I have an arts degree with and majored in English so know exactly the right words for their rightful places, so in the most precise, eloquent and honest means of describing your reasoning for voting Democrat, you are a low-IQ, degenerate retard, more disgusting than a swine rolling in its own faeces. You are a maggot without the ability to process rational arguments or information with any more nuance than a cockroach.You're a complete fucking idiot, and an embarrassment.

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 4 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
4 months ago
You have two years of Trump's foreign policy as it relates to Russia to look at (not that you care about this, only alarmist CNN headlines). If you still believe Trump is beholden to foreign powers at this point and will ignore how his policies have functioned in relation to Russia, YES you absolutely are a grade-A fucking idiot.

Didn't realise that an honest assessment of someone in the most accurate terms makes someone sound like they're in their mid-teens. The left LOVES appeal to authority fallacies, so here's one for you; I have an arts degree with and majored in English so know exactly the right words for their rightful places, so in the most precise, eloquent and honest means of describing your reasoning for voting Democrat, you are a low-IQ, degenerate retard, more disgusting than a swine rolling in its own faeces. You are a maggot without the ability to process rational arguments or information with any more nuance than a cockroach.You're a complete fucking idiot, and an embarrassment.

I see President's Trump's behavior the last 2 years very different from you. In my view, Trump's action the past 2 years make it clear that he's guilty of colluding with Russia. For example, the very first day Trump became President the first thing he tried to do was drop all sanctions against Russia and not making Russia give up anything in exchange. You see, Trump wasn't asking Russia for anything in exchange for America dropping sanctions against Russia because Trump already owed Russia something for helping Trump get into the White House.

You look at everything through a prism that beautifies any right-wing idea and uglifies any left-wing idea. There's no point in trying to reason with you because even if I had video tape of Team-Trump colluding with Russia, or of Trump himself conducting criminal financial business dealings, you would still insist that Trump did nothing wrong and you would lay the blame for everything wrong with the world squarely at the feet of left-wingers.

I'm glad that I voted all democrat. I hope they get to the bottom of the Trump/Russia scandal. I didn't solicit your political opinion before I voted because I reject your political ideas. I don't live in a fascist country (yet) where fascist hacks can force citizens to vote for fascistic policies. If you don't like the way I voted that's your problem.

And the notion of you embarking on a career in art doesn't impress me at all. Hitler wanted to be an artist too. So what? There are good artists and there are bad artists. I'm sure your artwork is sh!t. I wouldn't pay a penny for your art and I love art.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1073
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1383

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 4 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
4 months ago
You have two years of Trump's foreign policy as it relates to Russia to look at (not that you care about this, only alarmist CNN headlines). If you still believe Trump is beholden to foreign powers at this point and will ignore how his policies have functioned in relation to Russia, YES you absolutely are a grade-A fucking idiot.

Didn't realise that an honest assessment of someone in the most accurate terms makes someone sound like they're in their mid-teens. The left LOVES appeal to authority fallacies, so here's one for you; I have an arts degree with and majored in English so know exactly the right words for their rightful places, so in the most precise, eloquent and honest means of describing your reasoning for voting Democrat, you are a low-IQ, degenerate retard, more disgusting than a swine rolling in its own faeces. You are a maggot without the ability to process rational arguments or information with any more nuance than a cockroach.You're a complete fucking idiot, and an embarrassment.
Stop bragging about your so-called qualifications.
Self awareness is more important right now than any of your academic achievements.
behold the sins of our forefathers

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 4 months ago

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
Stop bragging about your so-called qualifications.
Self awareness is more important right now than any of your academic achievements.
The bragging of my degree was sarcasm, an English major (or even finance major) indicates jack shit about how well you understand either topics, but if the left get to pretend that quoting someone with a degree makes their opinion objectively true as they consistently to on a multitude of issues, I should also act like calling someone a fuckwit is nothing but absolute precision, and a mature use of language, as it's coming from someone with a university educated understanding of English.
Last edited by JLBB 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 4 months ago

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
Stop bragging about your so-called qualifications.
Self awareness is more important right now than any of your academic achievements.
And my point was true and you know it, the guy is an idiot. I never saw the beef he had with Hairblues or knew the specifics involved, but I'm not surprised he angered her so badly considering how braindead and irrational he is. I've never seen someone so casually say they voted Democrat because they wanted to know if Trump was beholden to Russia, it is literally the dumbest reason I've ever heard someone give for their vote, and absolutely ridiculous after two years of increasingly hawkish foreign policy in regards to that which effects Russia. Couldn't be more of an NPC if he tried. He's probably a test tube baby born of Rachel Maddow's eggs.

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 4 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
4 months ago
I've never seen someone so casually say they voted Democrat because they wanted to know if Trump was beholden to Russia, it is literally the dumbest reason I've ever heard someone give for their vote
And only a moron can't tell that at minimum there is at least a chance that Russia owns President Trump.

And if you can't understand performing the easy and small act of voting to prevent your country from being taken over by a hostile foreign power then you don't give a rat's ass about your country. It may surprise you to know that some citizens actually fight bloody wars to protect their country from hostile foreign powers. Some people have actually died trying to protect their country from being taken over by hostile foreign powers. By comparison, my small act of voting straight democrat to try to protect my country was an easy thing to do compared to those people who died trying to protect their country from foreign powers. But you don't understand that because you don't care about your country. You only care about party.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 204
Joined: 6 months ago
Reputation: 524
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by yettee » 4 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
4 months ago
You have two years of Trump's foreign policy as it relates to Russia to look at (not that you care about this, only alarmist CNN headlines). If you still believe Trump is beholden to foreign powers at this point and will ignore how his policies have functioned in relation to Russia, YES you absolutely are a grade-A fucking idiot.

Didn't realise that an honest assessment of someone in the most accurate terms makes someone sound like they're in their mid-teens. The left LOVES appeal to authority fallacies, so here's one for you; I have an arts degree with and majored in English so know exactly the right words for their rightful places, so in the most precise, eloquent and honest means of describing your reasoning for voting Democrat, you are a low-IQ, degenerate retard, more disgusting than a swine rolling in its own faeces. You are a maggot without the ability to process rational arguments or information with any more nuance than a cockroach.You're a complete fucking idiot, and an embarrassment.
The reason US policy has been tough toward Russia is that both the Senate and House overwhelmingly (nearly 100%) voted to both unilaterally impose sanctions, and essentially take away T's power to lift them on his own. He wanted to improve relations, and complained about it, and signed the bill only because both parties pledged to override his veto should he issue one. This doesn't prove anything, of course, perhaps it just shows that he's a peacemaker. But it's factual and one can read all about it with a simple google search.

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 4 months ago

yettee wrote:
4 months ago
The reason US policy has been tough toward Russia is that both the Senate and House overwhelmingly (nearly 100%) voted to both unilaterally impose sanctions, and essentially take away T's power to lift them on his own. He wanted to improve relations, and complained about it, and signed the bill only because both parties pledged to override his veto should he issue one. This doesn't prove anything, of course, perhaps it just shows that he's a peacemaker. But it's factual and one can read all about it with a simple google search.
The sanctions were put on Russia because Russia invaded Ukraine and Russia is still in Ukraine. Hence, sanctions should remain. Trump wanted to give Russia something (lifting of sanctions) and getting nothing in exchange in return from Russia. It's the sort of thing Neville Chamberlain would do.

Keep in mind that the friction between Russia and the West is due to Russia's imperialistic activity. Russia is trying to control more of Europe. It may seem like merely verbal bickering but that is not the case. Russia has been physically changing the boundary lines in Europe by way of force. That means Russia's activity has been an attack on the west.

Yea, Trump tries to say that he only wants to drop sanctions against Russia to be nice so Russia and the West can become friends but that is not credible because if Russia is unwilling to be reciprocally nice to the West by returning western territory to the West. Imagine if someone were to kidnap your wife and refuse to give her back to you so you file a criminal complaint against the kidnapper and he tells you to drop the criminal complaint (because he doesn't want to be prosecuted) but he will still hold your wife hostage. Does that even make sense? Of course not. Of course you should not drop your case against the kidnapper if the kidnapper gets to keep your wife. This is the kind of illogical bs Trump is trying to convince us he is trying to set-up with Russia in order to make everybody become friends. His story is not credible; it's ridiculous. It's more credible that Russia and Trump made a bargain that Russia would help Trump win the 2016 election and Trump would drop sanctions against Russia (when Trump became President) in exchange.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 4 months ago

nameless wrote:
4 months ago
The sanctions were put on Russia because Russia invaded Ukraine and Russia is still in Ukraine. Hence, sanctions should remain. Trump wanted to give Russia something (lifting of sanctions) and getting nothing in exchange in return from Russia. It's the sort of thing Neville Chamberlain would do.

Keep in mind that the friction between Russia and the West is due to Russia's imperialistic activity. Russia is trying to control more of Europe. It may seem like merely verbal bickering but that is not the case. Russia has been physically changing the boundary lines in Europe by way of force. That means Russia's activity has been an attack on the west.

Yea, Trump tries to say that he only wants to drop sanctions against Russia to be nice so Russia and the West can become friends but that is not credible because if Russia is unwilling to be reciprocally nice to the West by returning western territory to the West. Imagine if someone were to kidnap your wife and refuse to give her back to you so you file a criminal complaint against the kidnapper and he tells you to drop the criminal complaint (because he doesn't want to be prosecuted) but he will still hold your wife hostage. Does that even make sense? Of course not. Of course you should not drop your case against the kidnapper if the kidnapper gets to keep your wife. This is the kind of illogical bs Trump is trying to convince us he is trying to set-up with Russia in order to make everybody become friends. His story is not credible; it's ridiculous. It's more credible that Russia and Trump made a bargain that Russia would help Trump win the 2016 election and Trump would drop sanctions against Russia (when Trump became President) in exchange.
Except sanctions weren't lifted, so the supposed evidence you and the consistently biased and Yetti that he might be a Russian agent is that he didn't lift sanctions (in actual fact they've been INCREASED under Trump, and he never said he wanted to lift them), but only because congress would have overruled his veto apparently. So in other words, he signed off on remaining and tougher sanctions on Russia and somehow you STILL interpret this as potentially suggestive of that he's a Russian agent. So I guess now someones actions and stated intentions being the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what you suggest they are behind the scenes is irrelevant, because on the left a running theme is all one has to do is say something, no matter how boneheaded or irrational, and its true by the virtue of just saying it. Nameless is a paedophile? That's a fact, and do you know why? Because I said so. Nice logic boys!

Not to mention bombing strategic operations of primary Russian allies, not formally acknowledging acceptance of the annexation or Crimea and suggesting sanctions will remain in place until it is returned (Read: never), expelling more Russian diplomats than Obama did in 8 years, Closing a group of Russian diplomatic properties in the US, applying further sanctions effecting their energy industries, and criticising Russian pipelines providing oil to EU nations and suggesting this was a huge strategic mistake for the EU to rely upon (and it should be apparently, unless of course you're not a complete moron like you boneheads, and realise Russia is not a threat). Bunch of fucking politically illiterate dipshits you are. Yetti, you're clearly not a stupid person, so use your presumably large Yetti brain for once rather than automatically defaulting to the assumptions of a CNN host.

You on the other hand Nameless are a simple minded fucking idiot who parrots CNN talking points. An embarrassment.

I will repeat for good measure, Nameless is a fucking retard.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 204
Joined: 6 months ago
Reputation: 524
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by yettee » 4 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
4 months ago
Bunch of fucking politically illiterate dipshits you are. Yetti, you're clearly not a stupid person, so use your presumably large Yetti brain for once rather than automatically defaulting to the assumptions of a CNN host.
Thanks, I think? :D

Jean, I get that you support the prez, and more power to you for that, it's your right. But as regards the sanctions you're making an argument that no one makes... not the Dems, Republicans, or T himself.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-r ... ing-2017-8

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 4 months ago

yettee wrote:
4 months ago
Thanks, I think? :D

Jean, I get that you support the prez, and more power to you for that, it's your right. But as regards the sanctions you're making an argument that no one makes... not the Dems, Republicans, or T himself.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-r ... ing-2017-8
I don't support everything he does, so cut the idiotic strawman, WE WERE SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT HIM BEING BEHOLDEN TO RUSSIAN INTERESTS.

Hey fuckhead, again, if you have proof that he's a Russian agent then spit it out, but in every regard Trump has increased foreign policy pressure on them, does it make sense to keep playing the Russia card when there is no evidence to point to that suggests this? Would an agent beholden to foreign Russian powers increase breadth of sanctions as they become critical to the Russian economy, suggest they will be indefinite, close Russian diplomatic buildings, expel diplomats in the US and attack key Russian allies?

Yetti, read what I said and what we are actually talking about, instead of resorting to being a complete fucking idiot and criticising me for something I wasn't being discussed. Maybe you are dumber than I thought and need help, Nameless said he specifically didn't vote Republican but would have, only he wanted to press investigation that Trump wasn't beholden to Russian power. That is very clear and specific so don't pretend you can't read.

Your article shows absolutely nothing suggesting otherwise in regards to the current state and actions that were taken in regards to Russia over the past two years. Its nothing but rhetoric, the facts remain that foreign policy influencing Russia has not been relaxed in any sense. You press a narrative of him even potentially being Putin's puppet when the facts show the opposite. It makes you look incredibly dishonest and biased, the facts don't support you even making the potential claim, in the circumstances they make you sound unhinged.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest