Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1988
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4413
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

pjhair wrote:
1 year ago
When I was a college, there was a white women but when she applied to graduate schools she put her self down as Native American because one of her ancestors in her lineage was Native American. She used to call her self as part Native American even though she was indistinguishable from whites. She had an average GPA and only got 1000/16000 in GRE and yet got admitted to top Chemistry PhD programs in Harvard, Stanford,etc. She didn't have significant research experience either. Whereas white and asian men that I knew even with stellar GPA and 1500/16000 in GRE couldn't get into any of the top 20 programs. That's what real privilege looks like.
I hope those silly policies never see the light of day in Belgium. And there have been talks about it in the past, most people in Belgium looked at it appropriately and said "but, isn't it just inverting the discrimination in the end?" Yep, common sense, the perceived or often invented feelings of discrimination as you pointed out.

I could give the example of my Arab Muslim best friend who is currently an executive in one of the top companies in Belgium, got his master's degree of Law without failing a year. But of course, once there was this professor who gave him a failing grade. His reaction? It must be discrimination because I'm Arab! And a few years ago, he applied for a job of director, and they told him that he wasn't suited for that job, and again, his explanation was: "jury of white people, I didn't get the job because they're racist!" You apply for a job of director at the age of 27, of course you're very likely to get turned down, but no, it has to be unfair discrimination.

I recently got more involved in my university as an alumnus, because the social justice warriors were really starting to piss me off infiltrating my faculty, and posting videos on YouTube about how there were 63 different genders and changing the grammar of the French language "to fight against the invisibilization (those fucking words too) of women in university", writing like this on the university's official website: "directeur.trice" (male word, dot, and terminology of the female word). We used to put the female term in parenthesis but you can't do that either anymore, because they feel like it's yet another way to put women down by putting them in parenthesis. Complete lunacy.

I talked to the vice-president of my university directly to tell him what I was thinking and he thought that I made interesting observations. But he also said that he didn't think that modifying the French language itself was a radical position. Worrying to say the least. Public intellectuals like Gad Saad or Jordan Peterson are right, we all have a responsibility to fight against this nonsense. We have a chance to do it before it gets too bad in Belgium, I know they're trying to import this lunacy from the US, and we've seen what it has done to their universities, and what those "progressive" people do when a conservative speakers comes to speak on their campus:

"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 679
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2057

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I hope those silly policies never see the light of day in Belgium. And there have been talks about it in the past, most people in Belgium looked at it appropriately and said "but, isn't it just inverting the discrimination in the end?" Yep, common sense, the perceived or often invented feelings of discrimination as you pointed out
I think Belgium has to worry about something even worse, Islam. I have heard that the percentage of Muslims in Belgium is increasing rapidly. Take it from someone who comes from a community that has been living with Muslims for over a thousand years, not only Belgium but the whole western Europe is in serious trouble due to Muslim immigration. European way of life and culture will be permanently changed, and not in a good way. Islam is a dangerous and predatory religion that seeks to destroy other religions wherever it goes. There is a reason that Christians and Jews(except Israel) are almost extinct and so are other religions that existed in the Middle East before Islam. When ignorant liberals in the west try to lecture me, someone who has lived with Muslims for thousand years, about Islam,I just laugh at their ignorance and worry about their future generations. 99% of these "liberals" don't even know basic things about the religion and yet they portray themselves as experts. One of the most idiotic line of our time which is often repeated by liberals is "Islam is a religon of peace".

The problem with liberals is their own ignorance. I can't blame them for that though. They think, "maybe part of Islam or some Muslims may be bad, but we had bad people in Christianity too". They lack the knowledge and experience to understand that Islam is different from Christianity(and other religions)in some very important ways and reforming this religion is almost impossible. The situation we non-Muslims face vis a vis Islam is unprecedented. The only way out is honest criticism of Islam and stopping this tide of Muslim immigration unless they give up their vile religion.
Admin wrote:
1 year ago
I could give the example of my Arab Muslim best friend who is currently an executive in one of the top companies in Belgium, got his master's degree of Law without failing a year. But of course, once there was this professor who gave him a failing grade. His reaction? It must be discrimination because I'm Arab! And a few years ago, he applied for a job of director, and they told him that he wasn't suited for that job, and again, his explanation was: "jury of white people, I didn't get the job because they're racist!" You apply for a job of director at the age of 27, of course you're very likely to get turned down, but no, it has to be unfair discrimination.
I have seen this tendency in my brown/blacks friends. They are too quick to blame racism for their failures. In fact, I have observed that whenever a white person is rude to them, they assume racism. It doesn't occur to them that there may be other explanations. Maybe the white person was having a bad day? Maybe you didn't get the job because a more qualified person than you applied for it? Honestly their thought process baffles me. Despite spending over ten years in Oklahoma and Texas region, I have never experienced any kind of racism. It doesn't mean that there are no racists at all in this region. There very well may be. However, I have never met any one whose behavior towards me can reasonably be proven to be a result of racism.
Admin wrote:
1 year ago

I recently got more involved in my university as an alumnus, because the social justice warriors were really starting to piss me off infiltrating my faculty, and posting videos on YouTube about how there were 63 different genders and changing the grammar of the French language "to fight against the invisibilization (those fucking words too) of women in university", writing like this on the university's official website: "directeur.trice" (male word, dot, and terminology of the female word). We used to put the female term in parenthesis but you can't do that either anymore, because they feel like it's yet another way to put women down by putting them in parenthesis. Complete lunacy.

I talked to the vice-president of my university directly to tell him what I was thinking and he thought that I made interesting observations. But he also said that he didn't think that modifying the French language itself was a radical position. Worrying to say the least. Public intellectuals like Gad Saad or Jordan Peterson are right, we all have a responsibility to fight against this nonsense. We have a chance to do it before it gets too bad in Belgium, I know they're trying to import this lunacy from the US, and we've seen what it has done to their universities, and what those "progressive" people do when a conservative speakers comes to speak on their campus:
I think you are doing a very good thing by getting involved. If this madness goes unchallenged things will definitely get worse. By resisting this lunacy we might be able to turn the tide as most people still don't agree with SJW's types. Different polls indicate that around 60%-65% of Americans disagree with SJW's on these issues. So we still have time in our hand.
Trump 2020

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1651
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2607

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

pjhair wrote:
1 year ago
That's your misconception. I am a brown guy in the US and when I was in my prime back in college, I had no issues with either dating or finding a well paying job. In fact a lot of women preferred me saying I look "exotic". I was able to date some really desirable women that my NW1, tall, caucasian friends were not. It may depend on women though. Some women may have been drawn to my "exotic" look. I went to college in Oklahoma, a conservative state and yet never had trouble dating.

After college, I had no issues finding good job. My degree is highly sought after and my income is double of what an average American makes. So if there was some sort of "privilege" that my white friends enjoy, I don't see it. Many of them didn't manage to date women as desirable as I did or are earning as much as I am. Where is their privilege?

The only "privilege" that matters when it comes to dating is being good looking and when it comes to jobs is having skills that are high in demand.That's it. A good looking brown guy will always beat an ugly looking Caucasian or black when it comes to dating. A good looking Caucasian will always beat an ugly looking brown/black. A black software engineer will always earn more than a Caucasian McDonalds cashier. I urge you to stop looking at people from the lenses of race/religion and start looking at them in terms of skills(looks,education).

You might say that "you are just an exception", I am not. Let me assure you that my other brown friends who have the desired skill set are doing well in life. In fact I had never heard or noticed this kind of "privilege hierarchy" before I joined HairLossTalk.
This is way I love America! The land of opportunity despite racial or hereditary background.

I'm impressed that you went to school in OK. Did you ever attend a Red River Rivalry college football game between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Texas Longhorns?
For the love of South Western skies.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 679
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2057

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
This is way I love America! The land of opportunity despite racial or hereditary background.

I'm impressed that you went to school in OK. Did you ever attend a Red River Rivalry college football game between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Texas Longhorns?
I am not into football so didn't really attend many games. I did attend a lot of basketball games though.
Trump 2020

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1869
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4689
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

@Admin , I hear that in Belgium the government will give you a tax credit if you're a white person who converts to Islam.

Is that true?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1869
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4689
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

pjhair wrote:
1 year ago
When I was a college, there was a white women but when she applied to graduate schools she put herself down as Native American because one of her ancestors in her lineage was Native American. She used to call her self a part Native American even though she was indistinguishable from whites. She had an average GPA and only got 1000/16000 in GRE and yet got admitted to top Chemistry PhD programs in Harvard, Stanford,etc. She didn't have significant research experience either. Whereas white and asian men that I knew even with stellar GPA and 1500/16000 in GRE couldn't get into any of the top 20 programs. That's what real privilege looks like.
A 1000/1600 score is extremely weak. It might be tolerable if English is her second language, but that's not her situation. It's very hard to imagine someone doing great graduate research with such a mediocre performance.

An emerging issue right now is that American colleges are discriminating against East Asians. The fact is that East Asian students have the highest grades and standardized test scores, and if academic merit was the only criteria they would account for ~40% of the admissions. They're in fact getting ~15% of the admissions at top programs. However, admins at Harvard, etc, don't want their universities to be 40% East Asian, so they put in artificial barriers.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 679
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2057

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
A 1000/1600 score is extremely weak. It might be tolerable if English is her second language, but that's not her situation. It's very hard to imagine someone doing great graduate research with such a mediocre performance.

An emerging issue right now is that American colleges are discriminating against East Asians. The fact is that East Asian students have the highest grades and standardized test scores, and if academic merit was the only criteria they would account for ~40% of the admissions. They're in fact getting ~15% of the admissions at top programs. However, admins at Harvard, etc, don't want their universities to be 40% East Asian, so they put in artificial barriers.
I saw the lawsuit that East Asian groups have started against Harvard. Very good move. These racial quotas must end. It's funny that universities like Harvard rail against racism and invent words like "micro aggression" and then go on to implement blatantly racist policies themselves.
Trump 2020

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 82
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

Christ, the backlash against SJWs has become just as annoying as the SJWs were... People gaming the system like that, pretending to be minorities in order to do that shit are few and far between, people will always game the system and ask for exceptional treatment based on past victimhood. It’s what the entire state of Israel is based on!

I agree, the discrimination against the most qualified people is stupid though. It needs to be about helping poor people and minorities up so they can pass the tests, not about giving them a free pass or setting lower standards for them. Some of them totally do suffer from institutional discrimination though, and the likes of Jordan Peterson or Dave Rubin arguing otherwise is equally stupid.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1988
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4413
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

MadScientist wrote:
1 year ago
Christ, the backlash against SJWs has become just as annoying as the SJWs were... People gaming the system like that, pretending to be minorities in order to do that shit are few and far between, people will always game the system and ask for exceptional treatment based on past victimhood. It’s what the entire state of Israel is based on!

I agree, the discrimination against the most qualified people is stupid though. It needs to be about helping poor people and minorities up so they can pass the tests, not about giving them a free pass or setting lower standards for them. Some of them totally do suffer from institutional discrimination though, and the likes of Jordan Peterson or Dave Rubin arguing otherwise is equally stupid.
Not only is there no such thing as institutional discrmination anymore, but we've gone way too far in the other direction. We're trying so much to help young Arab people in Belgium that one Arab kid has now two tutors trying to help him in school, with his behavior, prevent him from radicalizing, etc.

It's no joke, and you know the worst? They still can't turn this around, many of these kids are still failing, tuning to criminality and radicalizing, at a point, they have to look in the mirror and accept that they don't want to become respectable and productive citizens, instead of blaming everyone else for being supposedly racist and treating them unfairly.

We are all responsible for our own fates, and blaming others for not treating you the way you think you deserve to be treated is pathetic and narcissistic in my opinion. As much as demanding that girls give bald men a chance and telling them that they're wrong for discriminating against us. Stupid strategy, accept your shortcomings, work on yourself, sort yourself out, and then see if you can still blame the whole world for your failures.

The West is a place that's as fair as can be for everyone. But those radical leftists have made it more unfair with their diversity/equity policies. That nonsense has to go. Almost all of it is rooted in envy, jealousy and resentment.
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1114
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2795
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
@Admin , I hear that in Belgium the government will give you a tax credit if you're a white person who converts to Islam.

Is that true?
I wanted an answer to this @Admin.

Unless he was joking, it just wouldn't even surprise me. Belgium are probably following Germany and also allowing underage marriage as long as it's passed through "the local court" (Sharia).

I found the most ridiculous story about that this week actually, it wasn't Germany though, but it wasn't just the story itself, it's the way it was reported. The journalist was writing as if the issue of this marriage being legal (it was an 11 year old girl and the guy I think was mid 20s) was actually approved by their local court, absolutely insane. It was written as if, the issue is whether a local Imam approved it, not the fact a fucking 25 year old married a prepubescent.

I'll post if I find it.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1988
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4413
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
I wanted an answer to this Admin

Unless he was joking, it just wouldn't even surprise me. Belgium are probably following Germany and also allowing underage marriage as long as it's passed through "the local court" (Sharia).

I found the most ridiculous story about that this week actually, it wasn't Germany though, but it wasn't just the story itself, it's the way it was reported. The journalist was writing as if the issue of this marriage being legal (it was an 11 year old girl and the guy I think was mid 20s) was actually approved by their local court, absolutely insane. It was written as if, the issue is whether a local Imam approved it, not the fact a fucking 25 year old married a prepubescent.

I'll post if I find it.
I haven't heard about that, I thought Afro was joking. The situation pretty bad but since our government is right-wing, we are becoming more and more severe towards authoritarian Muslims. By just saying 'no!'. We finally went after the 'Parti Islam' recently who wanted to segregate men and women on the bus and apply Sharia law. Its president was fired from his job, and the fucker acts all surprised. He also came on TV and refused to look one of the female hosts in the eyes.

Make no mistake, it is going to get bloody at a point . It already is in France every time a Muslim criminal gets killed. Geert Wilders organized a contest and encouraged people to mock Islam and their phophet Muhammad. I don't necessarily like Wilders but this was a brilliant move. We all need to laugh at Islam as much as we can to expose these violent intolerant fuckers. In the comments on Facebook, do you know what Muslims would say with very few people calling them out? "Well that will just encourage the extremists out there to become violent!" And of course you had the cucks saying we should not provoke them, that respect was more important than freedom of speech. But then what is freedom of speech for you dimwits?! Being nice to other people?!

Douglas Murray made the best analogy regarding this strategy: "I'm not intolerant and what you say doesn't bother me, but my tall muscular friend right here, he doesn't like it and I won't be able to stop him from giving you a good beating".
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 82
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by MadScientist » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
Not only is there no such thing as institutional discrmination anymore, but we've gone way too far in the other direction. We're trying so much to help young Arab people in Belgium that one Arab kid has now two tutors trying to help him in school, with his behavior, prevent him from radicalizing, etc.

It's no joke, and you know the worst? They still can't turn this around, many of these kids are still failing, tuning to criminality and radicalizing, at a point, they have to look in the mirror and accept that they don't want to become respectable and productive citizens, instead of blaming everyone else for being supposedly racist and treating them unfairly.

We are all responsible for our own fates, and blaming others for not treating you the way you think you deserve to be treated is pathetic and narcissistic in my opinion. As much as demanding that girls give bald men a chance and telling them that they're wrong for discriminating against us. Stupid strategy, accept your shortcomings, work on yourself, sort yourself out, and then see if you can still blame the whole world for your failures.

The West is a place that's as fair as can be for everyone. But those radical leftists have made it more unfair with their diversity/equity policies. That nonsense has to go. Almost all of it is rooted in envy, jealousy and resentment.
Jordan Peterson gives great self help advice. Advice about being a better man, being proactive and working hard. A lot of young men have benefited from his advice. But his arguments that there is no institutional racism are way off. It does depend largely on the country, I can’t speak for Belgium, and yes, people from radical Sunni, Wahhabist places are coming to Europe. In my hometown, the Syrian refugees are unfortunately the Sunni Wahhabist rather than the more moderate, secular Alawites. That said, that there isn’t institutionalized racism, when America has enacted two Muslim travel bans.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1114
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2795
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

MadScientist wrote:
1 year ago
Jordan Peterson gives great self help advice. Advice about being a better man, being proactive and working hard. A lot of young men have benefited from his advice. But his arguments that there is no institutional racism are way off. It does depend largely on the country, I can’t speak for Belgium, and yes, people from radical Sunni, Wahhabist places are coming to Europe. In my hometown, the Syrian refugees are unfortunately the Sunni Wahhabist rather than the more moderate, secular Alawites. That said, that there isn’t institutionalized racism, when America has enacted two Muslim travel bans.
I think he made a mistake by calling it a "Muslim travel ban" because y'know, that would involve banning all Muslims, and not just particular countries. Similarly Trump sees Mexicans and Central American nationals as threats to American citizens because of the thousands of gangs those countries are affiliated with. Although less of an issue, they have hardly rolled out the welcome mat for eastern Europeans to set up camp in the states, these are mainly white Germanic, and also affiliated with crime all along the North East coastal regions.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1869
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4689
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
I wanted an answer to this @admin

Unless he was joking, it just wouldn't even surprise me. Belgium are probably following Germany and also allowing underage marriage as long as it's passed through "the local court" (Sharia).

I found the most ridiculous story about that this week actually, it wasn't Germany though, but it wasn't just the story itself, it's the way it was reported. The journalist was writing as if the issue of this marriage being legal (it was an 11 year old girl and the guy I think was mid 20s) was actually approved by their local court, absolutely insane. It was written as if, the issue is whether a local Imam approved it, not the fact a fucking 25 year old married a prepubescent.

I'll post if I find it.
It was a joke, I'm ribbing Fred.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 679
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2057

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

MadScientist wrote:
1 year ago
That said, that there isn’t institutionalized racism, when America has enacted two Muslim travel bans.
That''s not racism because:

(1) Islam is NOT a race.

(2) He did it out of security concern. He ONLY included six or seven Muslim majority countries that he considers a security threat for the USA. If it truly was a "Muslim" ban, he would have imposed ban on all 55-56 Muslim majority countries. He didn't. I don't agree with the ban but using it as an evidence of "institutional racism" in America is simply false.
Trump 2020

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], nameless and 4 guests