Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1960
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4338
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
Your posts are so disingenuous now it’s actually getting kind of shameful.

He broke the law.

I’m not sure how you still don’t understand that because you’re an intelligent person and the evidence is piling up.

Republicans aren’t even denying it they are arguing procedure. And trying to vilify real patriots that are testifying the truth who spent their life serving this country and who are honoring their oaths.




I don't care much about all this so I'm glad muh boy Ben Shapiro could get to what matters in about 10 minutes.

Of course there's nothing there, unsurprisingly, it's all insignificant, and what matters is the basics I was showing with the tweet above:

Democrats have never accepted the results of the 2016 election, they hate Trump's guts, they hate the fact that he's winning on nearly every front, and they know that they've already lost the 2020 election.

Despite all that, Trump won't be impeached, and the Democrats will continue their temper tantrums, moving on to the next nothingburger, instead of concentrating on what matters: values, good policies and the well-being of the American people.

Dave Rubin also zeroes in on what's important in all this:

"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2384
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago




I don't care much about all this so I'm glad muh boy Ben Shapiro could get to what matters in about 10 minutes.

Of course there's nothing there, unsurprisingly, it's all insignificant, and what matters is the basics I was showing with the tweet above:

Democrats have never accepted the results of the 2016 election, they hate Trump's guts, they hate the fact that he's winning on nearly every front, and they know that they've already lost the 2020 election.

Despite all that, Trump won't be impeached, and the Democrats will continue their temper tantrums, moving on to the next nothingburger, instead of concentrating on what matters: values, good policies and the well-being of the American people.

Dave Rubin also zeroes in on what's important in all this:

You care enough to pull sarcastic memes and videos.
I do believe you don’t care that trump abused his office because it doesn’t fit with the narrative you want.
It’s not convenient.

Yeah, sorry if I don’t find your sources worth watching anymore then you find my sources worth watching.

The difference between you and i is I can debate actual facts and you don’t have the facts on your side so you can’t do it quickly.
Instead You post one of your dudes or a bible quote. :roll:

It’s just a distraction from facts.

I read the documents (the unmarked on I linked here weeks ago) and I read the constitution.

You don’t need a pundit to interpret it, or what you do, use videos as cover because you simply can’t deny he abused his power and he enlisted a foreign government to aid his campaign.

He broke his oath and he will get away with it because Republicans in power are too unpatriotic and afraid of their base to do what is morally and ethically the right thing to do and uphold the constitution.

This is going to do a lot of damage for the future. It’s going to swing the other way and with all this over reach of the presidency being allowed and excused, it will happen with a possibly even worse President one day.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1271
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1496
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

The "Russia Gate" may have been a complete hoax, it doesn't matter at this point.

Ukraine does matter. In the texts, the U.S. representative calls back a couple hours later. He wants to make
"sure" and states in his own words: this is no quid pro quo, which is exactly what it is.

The Federal Change Commission, Ellen Weintraub tweeted that it was illegal for anyone to running
for public office to solicit help from a foreign national
. This was after Trump asked the leader from China
to investigate Joe Biden. China was after Trump contacted Ukraine to investigate Biden.

It cannot be more clear than above.

For the record, Ellen Weintraub was appointed by George W Bush, a Republican President who served from
2000 - 2008.

Trump was working with Rudy at the time, and two of his associates. In addition to that, he contacted the
Attorney General William Barr.

The House of Representatives already had a vote on it, and are making the testimony public.
Think happy thoughts.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2384
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
The "Russia Gate" may have been a complete hoax, it doesn't matter at this point.

Ukraine does matter. In the texts, the U.S. representative calls back a couple hours later. He wants to make
"sure" and states in his own words: this is no quid pro quo, which is exactly what it is.

The Federal Change Commission, Ellen Weintraub tweeted that it was illegal for anyone to running
for public office to solicit help from a foreign national
. This was after Trump asked the leader from China
to investigate Joe Biden. China was after Trump contacted Ukraine to investigate Biden.

It cannot be more clear than above.

For the record, Ellen Weintraub was appointed by George W Bush, a Republican President who served from
2000 - 2008.

Trump was working with Rudy at the time, and two of his associates. In addition to that, he contacted the
Attorney General William Barr.

The House of Representatives already had a vote on it, and are making the testimony public.
Russia investigation wasn’t a hoax.

It led to I think 30 indictments of Russians and several indictments of Trump's campaign team and advisors. (Im not sure the exact numbers)

Where is the hoax?

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1271
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1496
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
Russia investigation wasn’t a hoax.

It led to I think 30 indictments of Russians and several indictments of Trump's campaign team and advisors. (Im not sure the exact numbers)

Where is the hoax?
I don't know much about Paul Manafort's case. For those who don't know, he was a Trump campaign manager
who went to prison.

That said, I think that Cohen was in prison for paying off Stormy Daniels, and lying about the payment
to Congress? I thought (and I'm not up on this), that he used GOP campaign money for this, and that
was the issue.
Think happy thoughts.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2384
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
I don't know much about Paul Manafort's case. For those who don't know, he was a Trump campaign manager
who went to prison.

That said, I think that Cohen was in prison for paying off Stormy Daniels, and lying about the payment
to Congress? I thought (and I'm not up on this), that he used GOP campaign money for this, and that
was the issue.
The Russian investigation was to determine the Russian interference on our election. If you listen to the heads of our CIA NSA and FBI (Trump people) it wasn’t a hoax it led to the fact that Russia was definitely interfering in our elections and how they were doing it and how they are continuing to do it. Unfortunately the senate isn’t taking the steps to protect or secure our election.

Within the scope of that investigation, it led to investigating possible assets who were part of the trump campaign.
It also led to the facts that Mike Flynn wasn’t listing himself as a foreign (I think lobbyist) since he was taking large sums of money from Turkey unreported and pushing to Trump administrative a Pro Turkey agenda that included the possible grab and deportation to Turkey of a man who is residing in the usa.
Manafort was also being paid large sums of money from Ukraine (but please, let’s all take trump seriously about Hunter Biden :? )

I believe that Micheal Cohen was being investigated by the south district for taxes and also the taxi medallions. And the stormy Daniels I believe is about campaign finance NOT Russia probe. It may have been discovered in russia probe and then sent out to an other office. That’s common in any federal investigation.

TLDR
It’s not a hoax,
that’s the Trumpster language.
Trumps a great hype man. But as we used to say ‘don’t believe the hype’

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1960
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4338
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

https://babylonbee.com/news/we-are-not- ... cal-elites
The Babylon Bbee wrote:"We are not the enemy of the people," said a spokesperson for ABC News, waving his hands in the air as though trying to perform some kind of Jedi mind trick. "Yes, I know it may seem that way when we cover up damaging information to protect the rich and powerful, but trust us when we say we know better than you."

CNN's Brian Stelter agreed, saying that though he calls out the president for lying all the time, it's different when the press does it. "Our lying is democratic lying," Stelter said. "It's for your own good."
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2384
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

That article itself is so poorly written it makes you look very hypocritical to post it especially that you just posted you went to journalism school and you are constantly whining about our (me yette etc) sources aren’t worthy of you reading.

You actually know better.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1271
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1496
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 week ago
That article itself is so poorly written it makes you look very hypocritical to post it especially that you just posted you went to journalism school and you are constantly whining about our (me yette etc) sources aren’t worthy of you reading.

You actually know better.
Would you ever date a man in his seventies who has orange hair and skin?

Hypothetically speaking of course, not referring to anybody in particular.
Think happy thoughts.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2384
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
Would you ever date a man in his seventies who has orange hair and skin?

Hypothetically speaking of course, not referring to anybody in particular.
No. Even men I’ve dated who happen to have had a lot of money were still within 10 years older than me and attractive.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1960
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4338
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 week ago
That article itself is so poorly written it makes you look very hypocritical to post it especially that you just posted you went to journalism school and you are constantly whining about our (me yette etc) sources aren’t worthy of you reading.
The only news source worth reading in 2019 is The Babylon Bee.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2019/08/16/ ... e-is-real/

https://babylonbee.com/news/concerning- ... ng-website
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 465
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1233
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

It's obviously satire, but the problem is that sentences like this are so poorly constructed that it's difficult to make out the meaning or intent: "The media who literally allowed the people to be preyed upon by the rich and powerful rather than run information that might harm their elite buddies assured the people they are on our side."
Last edited by yettee 1 week ago, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1960
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4338
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
It's obviously satire, but the problem is that sentences like this are so poorly constructed that it's difficult to make out the meaning or intent: "The media who literally allowed the people to be preyed upon by the rich and powerful rather than run information that might harm their elite buddies assured the people they are on our side."
The intent is to make people laugh, using absurdity to get closer to the truth.

Closer than all the mainstream media combined will ever get these days.

https://babylonbee.com/news/cant-we-all ... each-other
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2384
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
It's obviously satire, but the problem is that sentences like this are so poorly constructed that it's difficult to make out the meaning or intent. Admin you are not a native speaker but you write a lot better than this: "The media who literally allowed the people to be preyed upon by the rich and powerful rather than run information that might harm their elite buddies assured the people they are on our side."
It’s not so obvious the first few sentences I read were similar in style to Breitbart articles I’ve read. Something @Admin I believe he touts as good journalism.

I didn’t read whole thing.
Last edited by Hairblues 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 465
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1233
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
The intent is to make people laugh, using absurdity to get closer to the truth.
I understand that, just saying that it's very poorly written. You aren't a native speaker but your posts are much better for example, satire or not.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin and 2 guests