Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 632
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 374
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 weeks ago
Can you describe the different methods that you believe that the Russians used to intervene in the US elections?
Well, yes as a matter of fact I can.

Firstly, through Wikileaks the Russians stole democratic emails and posted them publicly to harm Clinton's campaign and help Trump's campaign. They altered/edited some of those emails to make them more damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign and more helpful to Trump's campaign.

The Russians also received data/info from Paul Manafort which depicted the specific nature & characteristics of various specific US voter blocks in key battleground regions of the USA. The Russians used that information to create & release tailor-made phony information campaigns, such as political ads and fake & misleading news articles, intended to impact on voter feelings and attitudes in those specific key battleground areas. Whether or not these mind-game tactics by the Russians were successful, and to what degree they may have been successful, can't really be gauged but keep in mind that American companies pay billions of dollars to advertise their products because tests have shown that these types of mind-game tactics can affect consumer choices and the Russian intelligence organization that created and released these phony political information vehicles uses every psych trick known by US advertisers and has some additional tricks of their own. The Russians are highly skilled and sophisticated at this. And as I said, I'm not just talking about political ads when I talk about the Russians publicizing political information in specific areas of the USA to trigger voters to vote a certain way. They also used phony news articles and other informational vehicles with false and misleading information that were tailor-made to affect the attitudes and feelings of key specific voter groups in key areas to vote a certain way. These techniques used to engineer that false misleading information have had years years of experimental practice and practical implementation. The American people were the victim of a highly sophisticated misinformation mind-control attack, which the Russians are highly effective at doing.

This is my understanding of what US intelligence says happened and it's also based on facts found in the Mueller report and keep in mind that Trump won by a relatively small number of votes in a few key battleground states.

Added in 15 minutes 44 seconds:
C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
Western values are not equal to US values.

You have a racist mentality, nameless.
US values are Western Values in the long run. Trump is an aberration.

Being racist would require me to be against other types of humans. You aren't humans. You're dogs... violent, dangerous, hillbillies, dogs. you attacked my country and you are the enemy.

Added in 5 hours 55 minutes 11 seconds:
Where did everybody go?

User avatar
C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 243
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 391
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
2 weeks ago
US values are Western Values in the long run.
Racist.

Added in 2 minutes 14 seconds:
nameless wrote:
2 weeks ago
his statement that being peaceful, making good trade, and developing his country is boring
Americans did most of the wars in the late 20-s and 21-s centuries. Pot calls the kettle black.

And yes, men are divided into "shepherds" (peaceful cucks) and "warriors". You're shepherd, we're warriors.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 632
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 374
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago

And yes, men are divided into "shepherds" (peaceful cucks) and "warriors". You're shepherd, we're warriors.
Notice how you refer to yourself as a "warrior". That goes back to my point that you see glory in murdering innocent people, bombing the homes of innocent people, dropping bombs on their hospitals occupied with critically injured patients, bombing their schools filled with teachers and children. You aren't a warrior...you're a monster. A warrior defends the vulnerable and fights off the monster.

And a warrior fights battles he could possibly lose and wins them.

Georgia?

Crimea?

Eastern UKraine?

Civilians and a small rag-tag band of anti-Assad fighters in Syria?

These are the people Russia fights. Russia has no risk of losing these battles. Russia has more power than these victims by a zillion fold.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 243
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 391
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
2 weeks ago
you're the bad guy.


Take a musical pause ;)

I do not want to continue this pointless discussion further.

You're a good guy, peacemaker. I'm a bad guy whos nation you want to genocide.

:D
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 632
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 374
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago


Take a musical pause ;)

I do not want to continue this pointless discussion further.

You're a good guy, peacemaker. I'm a bad guy whos nation you want to genocide.

:D
You say you don't want to continue the discussion further and then you accuse me of wanting to genocide your nation. It sounds like you're continuing the discussion to me.

I do not want to genocide anyone. I'm not like you. I don't find glory in killing people and wrecking other people's cities. Plus, murder and wrecking other people's cities is not my solution to boredom. That is YOU. And that is the citizens of your country.

you and your kind want to murder lots of people. Bomb their homes where their babies sit in cribs. Bomb their hospitals with their critical-care patients lie hoping for medicine to deliver them from illness. Bomb their schools where their teachers work and their children go to learn. Bomb the buildings of their communities where they go to church, go to the movies, go to shop for groceries, and go to do all sorts of business. And you want to do this because it keeps you from being bored and it's your way of achieving glory. And then you sarcastically imply that I'm the bad guy. I do not think so. There is no way I would support leaders who would carry on in that manner. That is you. And it's most of the citizens of your country as evinced by Putin's widespread support among the russian citizenry.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1960
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 4338
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day, Nizoral every other day
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago



A return to the basics.

Image
"Along the way some boys started making fun of him by shouting, “Go away, baldy! Get out of here!” Elisha turned around and stared at the boys. Then he cursed them in the name of the Lord. At once two bears ran out of the woods and ripped to pieces 42 of the boys." - 2 Kings 23-24

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1271
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1496
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
Using his logic he is responsible in Trump "atrocities" in the same extent that I'm in Putin's.
I thought you of Indian descent, because of pictures you posted on hairlosstalk, or here?

You are from the United States?

I don't want any personal information (city, age, etc.), but what country are you from?

Now, about the Ukraine topic above ^^. A President can be impeached for taking or bribing someone
for their political gains.

He won't be removed from office though. The Republicans don't have a spine, and are afraid of Trump.

He will be impeached.
Think happy thoughts.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 632
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 374
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

In case you've forgotten her's a story that shows russian bots are successful at prompting people to vote the way they want people to vote.

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurit ... arm-tweets

They go to sites all over the internet with text tailor-made for the people at those sites to press those people to vote (and even think) they way the russians want those people to think. Poll numbers change (more favorable to what russia wants) when russian bots pose their info and the info isn't really true. The info is actually just engineered to help russia. And people don't even know when they're victims of these sophisticated russian persuasion attack

User avatar
C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 243
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 391
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
I thought you of Indian descent, because of pictures you posted on hairlosstalk, or here?

You are from the United States?

I don't want any personal information (city, age, etc.), but what country are you from?

Now, about the Ukraine topic above ^^. A President can be impeached for taking or bribing someone
for their political gains.

He won't be removed from office though. The Republicans don't have a spine, and are afraid of Trump.

He will be impeached.
I'm from Russia.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

User avatar
C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 243
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 391
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

Yes, Russia stole your car, made you bald and elected a president for you...

Take your medication.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 434
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 564
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Exodus » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
Racist.

Added in 2 minutes 14 seconds:


Americans did most of the wars in the late 20-s and 21-s centuries. Pot calls the kettle black.

And yes, men are divided into "shepherds" (peaceful cucks) and "warriors". You're shepherd, we're warriors.
so we are responsible for most modern wars but we are still peaceful cucks?

User avatar
C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 243
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 391
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

Exodus wrote:
2 weeks ago
so we are responsible for most modern wars but we are still peaceful cucks?
I meant only nameless
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 734
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1483
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

I'll repeat it again, but its important to remember that all of this impeachment garbage is over Trump asking for investigation into someone that is at best in a conflict of interest where they receive 80k a month because of family connections and nothing more, and at worst blatantly corrupt.

If you're prepared to make the leap of beyond reasonable doubt that the aid was being knowingly used as a quid pro quo without any hard evidence to support that in an absolute or legal sense but you're not prepared to take that leap about Biden's son being engaged in corruption, then you need to get your head checked.

I don't know why I'm bothering to try and counter an argument by someone with an IQ lower than 70, Nameless is a lost cause and the world would be better if he was ground up and used as dog food, but anyway this is from the study this article and Nameless take out of context:

"Here we have tested prediction, not causality. It seems unlikely that 25,000 re-tweets could influence one percent of the electorate in isolation (Guess, et al., 2019; Allcott, et al., 2019),"

If you read the study it pathetically obvious they don't even understand the methods they're utilising or what anything actually implies. It ignores and doesn't test any other factors related to predicting poll data, and clearly doesn't show causality, which they admit. 25k re-tweets is typically what Trump gets in tweets, yet they suggest this amount of broken English posts repeating generic meme lines they stole from US social media could be responsible for a 1% change in poll numbers based on less than 0.1% of total Twitter engagement. Of 9 million tweets from Russian linked accounts (of which there is zero proof are all Russian accounts), only 750k were in English, further suggesting that there is more to this than influencing the American election. The numbers of retweets and tweets we are looking at is literally a 1/1000th or less in terms of overall engagement to political tweets during the election. Many of the supposed tweets are about Hillary, but they offer no predictive value in terms of her poll numbers. Hmm, I wonder why broken English tweets that 99% of people never saw and made up a negligible amount of Twitter engagement wouldn't be able to predict poll numbers?

"there could still be a third variable driving the relationship between IRA Twitter success and U.S. election opinion polls. We controlled for one of these — the success of Donald Trump’s personal Twitter account — but there are others that are more difficult to measure; including exposure to the U.S domestic media."

"However, using aggregated data means we cannot know the extent to which the participants in election polls were exposed to IRA disinformation"

In other words, the studies results disregard EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION ON TWITTER, ON SOCIAL MEDIA, MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND OF OVERALL PUBLIC OPINION AND DISCUSSION, AND FOCUS ON LESS THEN 0.1% OF TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT WHEN MAKING PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS, AND ADMIT THAT THEY DON'T PROVE CAUSATION.

Get. Fucked.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1287
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2304
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by That Guy » 2 weeks ago

Image

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1264
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2384
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago


A return to the basics.

Image
Your posts are so disingenuous now it’s actually getting kind of shameful.

He broke the law.

I’m not sure how you still don’t understand that because you’re an intelligent person and the evidence is piling up.

Republicans aren’t even denying it they are arguing procedure. And trying to vilify real patriots that are testifying the truth who spent their life serving this country and who are honoring their oaths.

Added in 5 minutes 15 seconds:
JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'll repeat it again, but its important to remember that all of this impeachment garbage is over Trump asking for investigation into someone that is at best in a conflict of interest where they receive 80k a month because of family connections and nothing more, and at worst blatantly corrupt.

If you're prepared to make the leap of beyond reasonable doubt that the aid was being knowingly used as a quid pro quo without any hard evidence to support that in an absolute or legal sense but you're not prepared to take that leap about Biden's son being engaged in corruption, then you need to get your head checked.

I don't know why I'm bothering to try and counter an argument by someone with an IQ lower than 70, Nameless is a lost cause and the world would be better if he was ground up and used as dog food, but anyway this is from the study this article and Nameless take out of context:

"Here we have tested prediction, not causality. It seems unlikely that 25,000 re-tweets could influence one percent of the electorate in isolation (Guess, et al., 2019; Allcott, et al., 2019),"

If you read the study it pathetically obvious they don't even understand the methods they're utilising or what anything actually implies. It ignores and doesn't test any other factors related to predicting poll data, and clearly doesn't show causality, which they admit. 25k re-tweets is typically what Trump gets in tweets, yet they suggest this amount of broken English posts repeating generic meme lines they stole from US social media could be responsible for a 1% change in poll numbers based on less than 0.1% of total Twitter engagement. Of 9 million tweets from Russian linked accounts (of which there is zero proof are all Russian accounts), only 750k were in English, further suggesting that there is more to this than influencing the American election. The numbers of retweets and tweets we are looking at is literally a 1/1000th or less in terms of overall engagement to political tweets during the election. Many of the supposed tweets are about Hillary, but they offer no predictive value in terms of her poll numbers. Hmm, I wonder why broken English tweets that 99% of people never saw and made up a negligible amount of Twitter engagement wouldn't be able to predict poll numbers?

"there could still be a third variable driving the relationship between IRA Twitter success and U.S. election opinion polls. We controlled for one of these — the success of Donald Trump’s personal Twitter account — but there are others that are more difficult to measure; including exposure to the U.S domestic media."

"However, using aggregated data means we cannot know the extent to which the participants in election polls were exposed to IRA disinformation"

In other words, the studies results disregard EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION ON TWITTER, ON SOCIAL MEDIA, MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND OF OVERALL PUBLIC OPINION AND DISCUSSION, AND FOCUS ON LESS THEN 0.1% OF TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT WHEN MAKING PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS, AND ADMIT THAT THEY DON'T PROVE CAUSATION.

Get. Fucked.

The impeachment started due to a whistleblower who was on the phone and heard him issue a quid pro quo with foreign. Aid.

Since then so much more has come from them talking to other people who heard the conversation and what was going on with Rudy Giuliani.

Republicans won’t take him out of office. But they are going to go down in history as unpatriotic chicken shits.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests