Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 6 days ago

@That Guy is back!!
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 6 days ago

Admin wrote:
6 days ago
As much as it pains me to link Snopes:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dr-sam-vaknin/

At least Trump's achievements on now many levels cannot be denied. And his trolling abilities are no small feat either.

Obama, as Sam Vaknin pointed out, was a nobody, who still crave unearned attention by appearing with Greta Thunberg for no reason.
I don’t need an article from some dude to see the difference between Obama, Bush, Regan, many others and Trump.
You should be able to have the discussion without an article to assist you in this.
*There is a difference between being a narcissist and having narcissistic personality disorder. *

I don’t see how trolling is an accomplishment to be proud of or to admire in a leader.
As an American I never wished for a president who can troll people. I mean I don’t understand your logic In your defense of him.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 6 days ago

blackg wrote:
6 days ago
@That Guy is back!!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 6 days ago

Hairblues wrote:
6 days ago
I don’t need an article from some dude to see the difference between Obama, Bush, Regan, many others and Trump.
You should be able to have the discussion without an article to assist you in this.
*There is a difference between being a narcissist and having narcissistic personality disorder. *

I don’t see how trolling is an accomplishment to be proud of or to admire in a leader.
As an American I never wished for a president who can troll people. I mean I don’t understand your logic In your defense of him.
Sam Vaknin is actually the grandfather of our current understanding of narcissism. Narcissistic supply, trauma bonding, future-faking, all the vocabulary we use to talk about narcissism, that's him. I should have specified that.

He also says that Trump is a narcissist by the way. But as with anything, it's something that can be good when it's at its proper place. Without his narcissism, Trump would have never stood a chance againdt the narcissistic and ruthless leftist opposition.

We wouldn't be having this discussion and it's the evil narcissistic establishment that would have gotten its way. Their narcissism is evil because it leads to everybody being worse off but their kind, even the people who support them: see Trump Derangement Syndrome, liberals who now live their lived based on goddamn politics, and in an alternative reality to be able to cope.

Trump is the kind of narc that will boast about saving people's jobs, fixing the economy, well, making and keeping his country great. And what's funny is that he is actually doing those things.

Archetypally, he's the fool, the trickster, or the troll if you want. He's the lesser evil needed to fight a much greater evil threatening to plunge the West into an abyss of darkness.

It's not logical or based on reason by the way, these are the preferred tools of the narcissist. That's what the left constantly plays with in its statements and hit pieces, which end up making no sense and being contradictory because they're not aimed at bettering the world, just furthering their own interests and narcissistic agenda. And no not everybody is doing that, that's what they believe, and project onto everyone else.

Example: "Trump is so stupid + Trump is crushing it and owning his opponents on almost all levels = logical error". Yet you will see this line of thought in nearly all the so-called respectable and reasonable mainstream media. That's how they want to define themselves, anybody paying attention knows they're the greater evil and Trump with all his flaws, trolling and foolishness is at least authentic and working for the greater good.

The modern left does not care about the good of the American people, if impeaching Trump leads to America burning, so be it, as long as they win. That's evil in action right there, but it's alright, that's the way of our world, it always has been. Hopefully, enough good people will be there to counter it.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 6 days ago

Trolling is not to be a prerequisite for good statesmanship.

Good oral presentation, like Obama had, is.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Hairblues » 6 days ago

Admin wrote:
6 days ago
Sam Vaknin is actually the grandfather of our current understanding of narcissism. Narcissistic supply, trauma bonding, future-faking, all the vocabulary we use to talk about narcissism, that's him. I should have specified that.

He also says that Trump is a narcissist by the way. But as with anything, it's something that can be good when it's at its proper place. Without his narcissism, Trump would have never stood a chance againdt the narcissistic and ruthless leftist opposition.

We wouldn't be having this discussion and it's the evil narcissistic establishment that would have gotten its way. Their narcissism is evil because it leads to everybody being worse off but their kind, even the people who support them: see Trump Derangement Syndrome, liberals who now live their lived based on goddamn politics, and in an alternative reality to be able to cope.

Trump is the kind of narc that will boast about saving people's jobs, fixing the economy, well, making and keeping his country great. And what's funny is that he is actually doing those things.

Archetypally, he's the fool, the trickster, or the troll if you want. He's the lesser evil needed to fight a much greater evil threatening to plunge the West into an abyss of darkness.

It's not logical or based on reason by the way, these are the preferred tools of the narcissist. That's what the left constantly plays with in its statements and hit pieces, which end up making no sense and being contradictory because they're not aimed at bettering the world, just furthering their own interests and narcissistic agenda. And no not everybody is doing that, that's what they believe, and project onto everyone else.

Example: "Trump is so stupid + Trump is crushing it and owning his opponents on almost all levels = logical error". Yet you will see this line of thought in nearly all the so-called respectable and reasonable mainstream media. That's how they want to define themselves, anybody paying attention knows they're the greater evil and Trump with all his flaws, trolling and foolishness is at least authentic and working for the greater good.

The modern left does not care about the good of the American people, if impeaching Trump leads to America burning, so be it, as long as they win. That's evil in action right there, but it's alright, that's the way of our world, it always has been. Hopefully, enough good people will be there to counter it.

Trump has a narcissistic personality disorder. Obama does not.

There is a big difference that has nothing to do with politics and has everything to do with how one processes information. It also has to do with the degree of empathy one is capable of expressing.

Obama, Bush, Regan etc. they may be narcissistic as most leaders are. That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about narcissistic personality disorder.

*added

who is it exactly that consider this man to be the godfather of narcism? I didn't find anything that supports that claim except his own videos and books.

Who is naming him as such? What medical or psychiatric organization have named him as such?

I'm not doubting you, but I never heard of him.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 6 days ago

That Guy wrote:
6 days ago
Being away from here for a while and coming back really shows how hopeless, how far beyond salvation a lot of you guys are.
Trust me, the feeling is mutual.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 days ago

Trump just threw Guilliani under the bus. Now, Rudy might be fired.

As soon as Trump gets in any trouble, he's very good at pointing the finger and deflecting blame.

This is unbelievable, but I predicted he would do this. Obviously Rudy was working for Trump in finding dirt on Joe Biden. But now Trump is denying Rudy is his lawyer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 57659.html

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Hairblues » 14 hours ago

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 14 hours ago

The left in 1969:

"It is forbidden to forbid man! Those stuck-up right-wing Christians, it's like, free your mind man! It's just provocative art!"

The left in 2019:

Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by Hairblues » 14 hours ago

Admin wrote:
14 hours ago
The left in 1969:

"It is forbidden to forbid man! Those stuck-up right-wing Christians, it's like, free your mind man! It's just provocative art!"

The left in 2019:

I don’t see the point. Your post just looks like a poor distraction to a significant issue.

50 years ago, in 1969, we didn’t have far right radical terrorist like we’ve had over the past 30 years. Starting with the abortion clinic bombings in the 80s to Timothy Mc Veigj on the 90s and the many more current ones that have been happening the past few years.

So yeah, I’m 2019 it’s scary.