Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

@Rudiger, I think the use of the term "fingerprints" was in the figurative sense.
behold the sins of our forefathers

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Minoxidil 5% once ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week ..

Post by Xexos » 3 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
3 weeks ago
Part of the issue for me I find in rating a top five is you have various potential picks like Nas who has one album that is virtually the pinnacle of 90s New York hip hop and places him top-tier in terms of character, storytelling and technique, but after that he put out nothing that even comes close. Not an album, not a song, not a feature after that in my opinion even rates to being any more than simply good. Another issue with one like Pac, I can understand from his persona and in portions, individual tracks or verses why he is considered top 5 by many but there isn't a single project he put out that reaches greatness or isn't filled with mediocre trash and even his fans usually acknowledge he has nothing in the realm of a Illmatic, a 36 chambers or a Reasonable Doubt for example. Musically his beats were also the least interesting of anyone in contention, he had some specific stellar examples but for the most part they could often be off any generic 90s hip hop album.

I tend to gravitate and think that greatness should be rated in a body of work and even if its just a short period, rather than as simply a persona or a few moments of artistic greatness. Also I think the beats, song and album structure are relevant, lyricism is worth little over dull and unsuitable or bland beats. Considering that I'd probably go Andre 3000, Jay-Z, Biggie, MF Doom, and Kanye. Most hiphop heads would probably question the Kanye mention specifically in the rapper category, but the reality is he objectively isn't any less lyrical than Pac ever was and in terms of being a craftsman of a great body of work that has also proved incredibly progressive for the genre, no one comes close to Kanye.
Found this online

But seriously, my favorite rapper of all time is this guy

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

Stan22 wrote:
3 weeks ago
Found this online

But seriously, my favorite rapper of all time is this guy
the-virgin-oldhead-the-chad-mumble-rapper-plays-an-excellent-27539078.png
the-virgin-oldhead-the-chad-mumble-rapper-plays-an-excellent-27539078.png (28.76 KiB) Viewed 290 times

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 weeks ago

Cohen just announced that that Trump was building his Tower, and working with Russians while
making a financial deals for himself. No surprise there.

I don't think it will change Republicans views about him. They knew this in the beginning and
just said "well he is building better relations with the Russians, shouldn't we have better
relations with other countries?"

There is a big witch hunt going on against Trump and his family. Part of me feels sorry for
him, because some of it is bullshit (Stormy Daniels got 100,000 dollars for a night with Trump,
who cares?).

This will make the Republicans popular again, only because this witch hunt won't amount to
anything, although it is all factual and true.

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about one affair he had, this did backfire against Republicans,
who tried to get rid of him with impeachment, but they ultimately failed. They tried it in 1996, and
he served until January 2000.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

We need a more culturally diverse president.
behold the sins of our forefathers

Xexos
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1.25 MG ED .. Minoxidil 5% once ED .. Tea Tree Shampoo 3x a week ..

Post by Xexos » 3 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
3 weeks ago
We need a more culturally diverse president.
If you want a future civil war maybe, then yes.

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

rclark wrote:
3 weeks ago
Cohen just announced that that Trump was building his Tower, and working with Russians while
making a financial deals for himself. No surprise there.

I don't think it will change Republicans views about him. They knew this in the beginning and
just said "well he is building better relations with the Russians, shouldn't we have better
relations with other countries?"

There is a big witch hunt going on against Trump and his family. Part of me feels sorry for
him, because some of it is bullshit (Stormy Daniels got 100,000 dollars for a night with Trump,
who cares?).

This will make the Republicans popular again, only because this witch hunt won't amount to
anything, although it is all factual and true.

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about one affair he had, this did backfire against Republicans,
who tried to get rid of him with impeachment, but they ultimately failed. They tried it in 1996, and
he served until January 2000.
"was building his Tower,"

A deal wasn't even struck, let alone a tower being built. Ridiculous assertion.

Its also not illegal or even on the fringe of illegality to do business deals (he didn't even do in this case it was basic consults) with non-government citizens of a foreign nation. The US isn't at war with Russia, this is literally no different than engaging in business discussion with those in any other country.

On a more important note, he mentioned he knew of zero evidence of Russia collusion from Trump or the campaign. He also confirmed falsehoods in the Steele dossier which was paid for by the Clinton campaign to a foreign company and included supposed input of Russian intelligence.

You know the Russiagate nonsense has run completely off the rails as nothing but a showcase of leftist stupidity when they're literally making the cornerstone of their argument a business deal with Russian businessmen to build a tower as some sort of evidence of serious wrongdoing.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Now they are going after Trump's tax returns. Next they'll probably be saying he
used an expired coupon to get a discount off a food purchase. Unreal.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
"was building his Tower,"

A deal wasn't even struck, let alone a tower being built. Ridiculous assertion.

Its also not illegal or even on the fringe of illegality to do business deals (he didn't even do in this case it was basic consults) with non-government citizens of a foreign nation. The US isn't at war with Russia, this is literally no different than engaging in business discussion with those in any other country.

On a more important note, he mentioned he knew of zero evidence of Russia collusion from Trump or the campaign. He also confirmed falsehoods in the Steele dossier which was paid for by the Clinton campaign to a foreign company and included supposed input of Russian intelligence.

You know the Russiagate nonsense has run completely off the rails as nothing but a showcase of leftist stupidity when they're literally making the cornerstone of their argument a business deal with Russian businessmen to build a tower as some sort of evidence of serious wrongdoing.
That is the most important note, unless you have Trump Derangement Syndrome. This should be massive news, for example it was widely reported Cohen was directly ordered to lie, now he's admitted this is false. He got out lots of as hominems but no evidence or even direct accusations of law breaking (though I wonder what the legalities are of vaguely calling someone a "con man" are, because that's a big call to have nothing to back it up with). It's so retarded though because when you vaguely insult Trump repeatedly, you are showing the bias against him and how you just want him to have broken the law.

But yes, Cohen cleared Trump of a lot of former accusations, and if this was any other situation of a President being cleared from such a long term investigation, it would be huge. There would practically be celebration.

With Trump? All I can see is brushing under the rug, alluding to how one part of Cohen's testimony may lead to evidence of Russian collusion, and leaving out the part that several other statements completely absolve Trump (and I've read 3 articles about this at least and I'm still baffled as to the thought process). Or writing about how from Mueller "we may not get what we want to hear" I've seen similar headlines a handful of times, hilarious.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

Presidents should not use their influence to for their businesses, and that's the problem that
I see. Trump is definitely not the only one guilty of this. He is planning to put his Trump hotels
globally, and seems to have no problem making business deals while he is in office.

This practice needs to end in the United States, for all Presidents and Vice Presidents.

What does make Trump different than past Presidents is his appointment of family members. I've
never seen a President appoint so many family members to senior positions. It's obvious that his two
oldest sons are just taking orders from their dad on the Trump family business. The fact that Trump
hired his daughter and son in law in high positions, and got them security clearances, is abusing his
power. Trump doesn't even give a shit.

Trump is certainly not the only President to spend most of their free time playing golf. That has
been happening for as long as I've been voting, which has been at since the late 1980s.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 2 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
3 weeks ago
The only reason you believe this is because of personal experience though. If you were living in a foreign country without the social benefits, human rights and freedom that exists in the Western world the idea you'd think this is laughable, because it is. Especially in the black and white manner you're presenting it.

"violate liberty of a completely private entity."

Look at the elite CEOs in the United States for example, particularly the big tech monopolies. These "private entities" are at the end of the day driven to some extent by ideology of those that run them, virtually all of which support and lobby for mass immigration, censorship, dictating what people can say and see, a globalist approach to business and employment, Advocating heavily in the realm of identity politics to virtue signal and misdirect people from genuine social issues, and climate change related spending which consistently hurts the poor to a far greater extent in power prices and general cost of living with ample data showing it to be the case. They are more than happy to violate the quality of life of the general population and are not non-biased creations solely looking to profit or most effectively compete in the market, look at the actions of Youtube or Patreon banning conservatives, Google highlighting less popular liberal outlets over more popular conservative news in searches, or advertisers pulling ads on Tucker Carlson's show for example. The problem is that even in a free market these issues don't magically fix themselves due to competition. Same in terms of job selection. If companies and the people in charge had their way with absolutely zero advocacy or intervention of government, the majority of the population would see a drastic decrease in quality of life to the point of living in complete poverty, virtually no one would personally benefit and life quality becomes dependent on luck. There's no getting around this.

Ask yourself the question of whether you'd have preferred to be born a random citizen in Denmark or Australia, vs China or India and so should anyone else who supports free market at all costs. The reality is that if you were born a poor Chinese villager in a rural town, your life trajectory has been virtually completely decided on probability, the idea you'd be happy to risk being born in a society with terrible workers rights because you can always choose not to work is a dogshit, a completely moronic and thoughtless lie. Only in the select Western countries with strong minimum wages, workers rights, selective government subsidies in education and a reasonable healthcare system have you have reached a point where the average citizen has control of their life.

I mean seriously, when people say this a small part of me wishes they could be reborn in the circumstances of a Chinese sweatshop worker to reevaluate how completely stupid what they said is. Why not support mass third world immigration while you're at it because apparently all that matters in your view is economic numbers and corporate sovereignty, which of course are both more important than the lives of 95% of the population? Jordan Peterson's mentality has a valid place in the West, in a world you're proposing no amount of pulling up bootstraps is going to save you from a shitty life of literal servitude to an upperclass who got there based primarily on luck if you're unlucky enough to be born there.

Maybe I'm misreading you and you're not advocating exactly what I think you are, but your response to Yettee sounded literally like you were saying you wanted a *completely* free market in regards to labor.

"The question is why would a worker subject himself or herself to working in such an acrimonious and harsh environment? They can always leave and find a more friendly employer."

Like, I can't even believe anyone is nutty enough to think this. I actually think Yettee's response with a sweatshop definition was worthwhile because your initial point was so batshit crazy that it didn't warrant an argument but a reality check.
You are taking my statements and applying to contexts they were never intended to. My focus was very narrow. Please reread the discussion that Yetti and I were having since the beginning.