Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Re: Making sense of the current political climate

Post by pjhair » 5 months ago

blackg wrote:
5 months ago
No, I do mean it as I strongly believe in a nation's sovereignty and the right to determine who has the privilege to migrate and reap the benefits of the country in question.

These opportunist fence jumpers have no right to this privilege just by virtue of their dire economic situations and the fact they have one thing that all guilty Westerners struggle to reconcile with...

Brown skin.
I do believe that you mean it. I have seen you strongly advocate building the wall for a long time. Your stand on the issue has been consistent.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 5 months ago

Michael Cohen has just given strong justification for a Trump impeachment. There is now
evidence that Trump lied in his business dealings with Russia, is building a Trump tower in Russia.

Trump is also trying to get the U.S. to quit NATO, which is what Russia wants. Is he doing
this for his business deals?

It is true that Trump used GOP donations to pay off women he had sex with, but that alone is
not an impeachable offense. Russia, however, is probably different.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 12f33d6194
REMAIN CALM, DON'T GET EMBALMED.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 5 months ago

rclark wrote:
5 months ago
Trump is also trying to get the U.S. to quit NATO
What is the evidence for this?

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
What is the evidence for this?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aides- ... aving-nato

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

pjhair wrote:
5 months ago
I do believe that you mean it. I have seen you strongly advocate building the wall for a long time. Your stand on the issue has been consistent.
Personally, I don't really care about the wall. It's more of a symbol than a legitimate policy, as a policy it's just Keynesian economics and nothing more, and 5 billion dollars is a drop in the ocean relative to the overall US economy.

The actual issue is that there are large number of undocumented workers in the USA, who end up working for low wages and with fewer benefits. This leads to lower costs on goods and services for upper-middle class white people, but it also depresses wages at the low end of the scale.

If politicians actually cared about the issue, they would have the government hire more inspectors to go after the employers who hire undocumented workers. That would be the most effective way to resolve this issue.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
Personally, I don't really care about the wall. It's more of a symbol than a legitimate policy, as a policy it's just Keynesian economics and nothing more, and 5 billion dollars is a drop in the ocean relative to the overall US economy.

The actual issue is that there are large number of undocumented workers in the USA, who end up working for low wages and with fewer benefits. This leads to lower costs on goods and services for upper-middle class white people, but it also depresses wages at the low end of the scale.

If politicians actually cared about the issue, they would have the government hire more inspectors to go after the employers who hire undocumented workers. That would be the most effective way to resolve this issue.
You're right. They would also fight outsourcing, which, so far no politician on either side has done. They have done
nothing to help this problem.

The Mexicans coming into the United States cannot work blue collar jobs, because of their immigration status. This is
a big joke.

The government contracts are the people who suffer in a long shutdown.

I've been in shutdowns before, and they were over quickly, in a week or two. It was no big deal. This one is
terrible, and is going on thirty days (next week) now.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

The article says that Trump is alleged to be bitching about NATO behind the scenes. I'm willing to believe that, but it doesn't follow that he actually wants to disband NATO.

The position that US military spending effectively subsidizes Europe is a credible one, and it follows that the position that this is unfair to the US is also credible. For example, the removal of Ghadaffi was largely paid for by the US, and largely benefited France.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
The article says that Trump is alleged to be bitching about NATO behind the scenes. I'm willing to believe that, but it doesn't follow that he actually wants to disband NATO.

The position that US military spending effectively subsidizes Europe is a credible one, and it follows that the position that this is unfair to the US is also credible. For example, the removal of Ghadaffi was largely paid for by the US, and largely benefited France.
Here's another article. He is definitely trying to do it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/law-to- ... ato-2019-1

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Norwegian billionaire, Gunhild Stordalen, an ex-girlfriend of @Pat , is flying around the world on her private job telling people to reduce carbon emissions by eating less meat.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... n=sharebar

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Michael Cohen has just given strong justification for a Trump impeachment. There is now
evidence that Trump lied in his business dealings with Russia, is building a Trump tower in Russia.

Trump is also trying to get the U.S. to quit NATO, which is what Russia wants. Is he doing this for his business deals?

It is true that Trump used GOP donations to pay off women he had sex with, but that alone is
not an impeachable offense. Russia, however, is probably different.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 12f33d6194

People should definitely watch Farenheight 11/9, and I even think @pjhair would like it. It
really shows a lot of damning evidence against both political parties, including Democrats.

What people might not know is that Obama didn't solve the Flint Michigan water crisis, in which many residents died and have permanent
brain damage from lead poisoning. They switched the water from a clean lake to a sewer system water pipe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flint_water_crisis

Obama flew in, and pretended to drink the water, without actually drinking it. There are many criminal
indictments against the governor. This happened in 2014. Thousands of children received brain damage
from drinking lead in the water.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 5 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago
Norwegian billionaire, Gunhild Stordalen, an ex-girlfriend of @Pat , is flying around the world on her private job telling people to reduce carbon emissions by eating less meat.

Isn't Leonardo Dicaprio doing the same thing? Flying around in a private jet and telling us normal people to stop using our cars? xD

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 5 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago

Nice way to get rid of your own guilt while enjoying the billionaire lavish lifestyle. Sucks for her how transparent it is.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Pat wrote:
5 months ago
Nice way to get rid of your own guilt while enjoying the billionaire lavish lifestyle. Sucks for her how transparent it is.
What makes you believe that she feels guilt? You might be giving her too much credit.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 5 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago

Are you enjoying a cheeseburger Afro? :x :x You sick fuck. What gives you the right?

:lol: :lol:

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » 5 months ago

rclark wrote:
5 months ago
People should definitely watch Farenheight 11/9, and I even think @pjhair would like it. It
really shows a lot of damning evidence against both political parties, including Democrats.
I will check it out. Thanks for recommending.

Added in 12 minutes 32 seconds:
Afro_Vacancy wrote:
5 months ago

I always believed the wall to be more of a symbol as well. I will just add that having stringent laws and sending the right signal(by building wall) also acts as a deterrent. If my memory serves, when Obama passed dream act, hundreds of thousands of potential migrants flocked to the US border. I agree that going after employers who hire undocumented works appears to be a very good way to tackle the problem.