Making sense of the current political climate

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Making sense of the current political climate

Post by blackg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:52 pm

JasonStatham wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 pm
I had something "similar" happen. My ID picture is 7 years old. I was 20 at that time. I had a Norwood 1,5 at that time (but was terrible with women to appreciate it....damn). Anyway, girlfriend like to see old pictures and she grabbed my ID and said: "Damn, how old is that? You look so different". Yeah, bitch I did, its called norwooding into hairlosstalk.
This is no way to speak about a lady. Watch your language as we are trying to promote this website as a progressive, female friendly zone.

Comments such as this belong in the 80's, not on this site.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Joe Rogan talks about baldness

Post by JasonStatham » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:03 pm

blackg wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:52 pm
This is no way to speak about a lady. Watch your language as we are trying to promote this website as a progressive, female friendly zone.

Soon the first: "Why being a woman in 2018 is worse than being bald..." incoming.

blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by blackg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:10 pm

JasonStatham wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:03 pm
Soon the first: "Why being a woman in 2018 is worse than being bald..." incoming.
In some instances being born female is no picnic.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week

Post by Admin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:13 pm

blackg wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:10 pm
In some instances being born female is no picnic.
In Muslim countries, yes, in the West? Nope, Western women are as priviledged as can be.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 pm

blackg wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 am

imagesHSUNS9CE.jpg
BlackG Knight
imagesHSUNS9CE.jpg (4.61 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Nothing wrong with a bit of chivalry in a world ignorance.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:41 am

Murkey Thumb wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 am
imagesHSUNS9CE.jpg

Nothing wrong with a bit of chivalry in a world ignorance.
Not sure how much of BlackG's posts you've seen.

He's a swell guy, but he does rush to the defending side while delivering many a cringe-worthy, SJW-style one-liners in the process.

"That's no way to talk about a lady!"

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Post by MadScientist » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:49 am

Admin wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:13 pm
In Muslim countries, yes, in the West? Nope, Western women are as priviledged as can be.
Being born as a black or Hispanic female in America is also less advantageous. In America the order is white women, white men, Asian women, Asian men, Indian men, Indian women, Hispanic men, Hispanic women, black men, black women, Muslim women. God help you if you’re a Black Muslim woman in Alabama or Georgia!. In Europe black women fare better. There is empirical evidence to back this up in terms of poverty and average income
Last edited by MadScientist on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Post by Murkey Thumb » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:58 am

That Guy wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:41 am
Not sure how much of BlackG's posts you've seen.

He's a swell guy, but he does rush to the defending side while delivering many a cringe-worthy, SJW-style one-liners in the process.

"That's no way to talk about a lady!"

Yeah maybe, but he is probably right. We don't want this site to be one of those incel, women hating, snooze festivals! Most of those guys need to see a therapist, either that or be locked away in a secure unit for a few years until their rage subsides. :D

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: Finasteride eod, Dutasteride eod, Minoxidil 5%, Dermarolling 1.5mm every 2 weeks. Vitamin K2, EGCG. Cod liver oil.

Post by MadScientist » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:16 am

Spot on. While white women in Western Europe certainly have it better than men, this is not true for women of other races, and it’s certainly not universal in the western world. Black women do not have it easier or better than white men, anywhere, I can promise you that...

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 am

MadScientist wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:16 am
Spot on. While white women in Western Europe certainly have it better than men, this is not true for women of other races, and it’s certainly not universal in the western world. Black women do not have it easier or better than white men, anywhere, I can promise you that...
So what? This fallacy of relative privation is something that tumblerinas and such love to use to deflect the conversation into something irrelevant to the context at hand, and does so in such a way that it appears to invalidate the point if taken at face value.

Women, in general, do absolutely have it easier in the dating sphere (and many others) in the west than men do.

Yeah, black women do repeatedly rank pretty low (if not the bottom) on racial dating preferences. So they do have smaller pool than say white women or something.

Guess what? That's still a lot easier than most men, in general, have it regarding that particular subject.

MadScientist
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by MadScientist » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 am

There’s different levels of privilege. Without hair loss, white men rank second from top after white women and possibly Asian women. With hair loss, we tumble way down. Privilege is multi factorial, it relates to gender, location, religion, race, looks (including hair). Most of us were near the top before hair loss, and tumbled down in privilege without it. I still think I’m better off as a diffuse thinning post hair transplant white male than I would be as a black or Hispanic or Muslim American woman.

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 am

MadScientist wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 am
There’s different levels of privilege. Without hair loss, white men rank second from top after white women and possibly Asian women. With hair loss, we tumble way down. Privilege is multi factorial, it relates to gender, location, religion, race, looks (including hair). Most of us were near the top before hair loss, and tumbled down in privilege without it. I still think I’m better off as a diffuse thinning post hair transplant white male than I would be as a black or Hispanic or Muslim American woman.
That's your misconception. I am a brown guy in the US and when I was in my prime back in college, I had no issues with either dating or finding a well paying job. In fact a lot of women preferred me saying I look "exotic". I was able to date some really desirable women that my NW1, tall, caucasian friends were not. It may depend on women though. Some women may have been drawn to my "exotic" look. I went to college in Oklahoma, a conservative state and yet never had trouble dating.

After college, I had no issues finding good job. My degree is highly sought after and my income is double of what an average American makes. So if there was some sort of "privilege" that my white friends enjoy, I don't see it. Many of them didn't manage to date women as desirable as I did or are earning as much as I am. Where is their privilege?

The only "privilege" that matters when it comes to dating is being good looking and when it comes to jobs is having skills that are high in demand.That's it. A good looking brown guy will always beat an ugly looking Caucasian or black when it comes to dating. A good looking Caucasian will always beat an ugly looking brown/black. A black software engineer will always earn more than a Caucasian McDonalds cashier. I urge you to stop looking at people from the lenses of race/religion and start looking at them in terms of skills(looks,education).

You might say that "you are just an exception", I am not. Let me assure you that my other brown friends who have the desired skill set are doing well in life. In fact I had never heard or noticed this kind of "privilege hierarchy" before I joined HairLossTalk.
Last edited by pjhair on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

That Guy
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by That Guy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 am

pjhair wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 am
That's your misconception. I am a brown guy in the US and when I was in my prime back in college, I had no issues with either dating or finding a well paying job. In fact a lot of women preferred me saying I look "exotic". I was able to date some really desirable women that my NW1, tall, caucasian friends were not. It may depend on women though. Some women may have been drawn to my "exotic" look. I went to college in Oklahoma, a conservative state and yet never had trouble dating.

After college, I had no issues finding good job. My degree is highly sought after and my income is double of what an American makes. So if there was some sort of "privilege" that my white friends enjoy, I don't see it. Many of them didn't manage to date women as desirable as I did or are earning as much as I am. Where is their privilege?

The only "privilege" that matters when it comes to dating is being good looking and when it comes to jobs is having skills that are high in demand.That's it. A good looking brown guy will always beat an ugly looking Caucasian or black when it comes to dating. A good looking Caucasian will always beat an ugly looking brown/black. A black software engineer will always earn more than a Caucasian McDonalds cashier. I urge you to stop looking at people from the lenses of race/religion and start looking at them in terms of skills(looks,education).

You might say that "you are just an exception", I am not. Let me assure you that my other brown friends who have the desired skill set are doing well in life. In fact I had never heard or noticed this kind of "privilege hierarchy" before I joined HairLossTalk.
The "privilege" rhetoric has Marxist origins and relies on confirmation bias which primarily serves to indoctrinate people.

"I didn't get the job! Must be because I'm black!"

"I'm unsuccessful with women. Clearly, they just don't like Pakistani guys."

"That guy held the door for me. Fuckin' misogynist."

There could be any number of reasons why women don't like you, why you didn't get hired, and maybe the guy was just nice, but the ideology demands you don't ask questions.

The idea of "privilege" is that there is this underlying, unspoken power structure that exists to keep any sort of minority "down" even though no such thing exists and the idea that the majority is trying to undermine the people who would pose least amount of a "threat" to them instead of rest of the majority is illogical at best. There is no shadowy cabal of white guys meeting in secret every month to try and somehow keep women and minorities pacified.

This is exactly what Marx was going on about only in his day, it was social "classes". In the modern case, the proletariat is women, gay people, muslims, etc. and the bourgeois are the straight, white, cisgendered, men. Perfect example is Hollywood and black actors. Based on the population demographics of the USA, it's nigh impossible to have an equal amount of black actors in top-tier films and winning Oscars. So they aim to crush the free market and just hire people and give them awards based on skin colour instead of personal merit; it's the only way to make the outcome happen.

That's not to say that certain biases don't exist and that bigots don't find themselves in positions of power from time to time, but that does not mean the people on the favorable end of these biases are inherently better off or have access to specific privileges the others don't.

You want example of real privilege? In Canada, Natives often are exempt from paying certain fees and tuition for schooling and are generally allowed to hunt even in the off-seasons and shit. That's mandated by the government. That is a special privilege bestowed upon these people specifically by the authorities.

Despite that, Native attendance at colleges and universities is pretty low and girls outnumber guys as much as 3:1. Must be the white men keepin' 'em down, right?

pjhair
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by pjhair » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:01 am

That Guy wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 am
You want example of real privilege? In Canada, Natives often are exempt from paying certain fees and tuition for schooling and are generally allowed to hunt even in the off-seasons and shit. That's mandated by the government. That is a special privilege bestowed upon these people specifically by the authorities.

Despite that, Native attendance at colleges and universities is pretty low and girls outnumber guys as much as 3:1. Must be the white men keepin' 'em down, right?
When I was a college, there was a white women but when she applied to graduate schools she put herself down as Native American because one of her ancestors in her lineage was Native American. She used to call her self a part Native American even though she was indistinguishable from whites. She had an average GPA and only got 1000/16000 in GRE and yet got admitted to top Chemistry PhD programs in Harvard, Stanford,etc. She didn't have significant research experience either. Whereas white and asian men that I knew even with stellar GPA and 1500/16000 in GRE couldn't get into any of the top 20 programs. That's what real privilege looks like.