The consequences of sexual promiscuity

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 698
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1034
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25720

Post by Exodus » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago 5 guys. 3 boyfriends, 1 guy that I dated on and off for years (like I stated many times before), 1 guy that I dated briefly for a few weeks before I got in my current relationship, and a one night stand I had in college. I figured out after this that one night stands aren't for me, I don't get much pleasure out of a drunken one-night affair with someone I barely know or even like.
These 5 are the men I have had sex with, including what you said. But I have kissed more guys, I used to be a little bit of a tease before and could fool around (kiss) guys I wasn't going to actually have sex with.
Sex is something very personal to me, and I do not get anything positive out of it unless I am in love with the person or at least can picture myself falling in love with them. Sex is much more fun when you know each other, what you like/don't like etc.
I have a few friends who's had many one night stands and they are completely content with it, not ruined like @Pat claims.
I also have friends (peers) who's been with 1 guy their entire life, one of my friends got with her bf at 17 and they are still together.
At least they appear content with it

Added in 7 minutes 22 seconds:
Pat wrote: 2 weeks ago Passive aggressive non response :clap:


We agree for the most part, but I don't think I'm preaching to the choir from the other responses I'm getting. Do you disagree with my previous post? Maybe it became too convoluted because of all the reading material I had to include for @blackg . But in summary slutty behaviour results in unhappy marriages/divorces, single motherhood which results in criminal children, STDs, government money spent, men ending up forever alone and NEET, depressed childless post wall women, to name a few. I'd argue this is hurting someone.


There are people who smoke their entire life and stil llive to be a 100. But in the same way your slutty friends might be content in their life and let's even assume they'll continue to be so, they're a mere anecdote. On average slutty hedonistic behaviour will result in a temporary high, but it will make a negative impact on their own life and others overalll, just like smoking a cigarette.

The difference most smokers today are aware of the negative impact the smoking will have on their life, but they justify it by liking it so much or being addicted. Whereas the sluts believe this won't affect them negatively, and are often even encouraged by people like you.


sexism :(
Yea the behavior as a whole hurts society but not personally. And i disagreed with ur earlier statement about how most women are sluts. I think a decent amount are but nowhere near most. I think lying and hypocrisy and vanity and superficiality are bigger problems among women

Like women dont seem to enjoy or care about much beyond social status and looks and being all disneyfied and pretending the world is innocent. Like im a nerd and i notice even nerdy women still display these attributes. The stuff they like still shows their female nature. They like anime just because the prettyboy guys, or lord of the rings because of the prettyboy elves and their fashion. They also tend to like disney of course because hot people. Extremely rare to find a girl into things that have nothing to do with being hot, like gritty 80s sci fi or crime movies or whatever.

Added in 3 minutes 54 seconds:
Guest-2 wrote: 2 weeks ago thanks for the apology, but you didn't hurt me, I'm just giving you shit about it because it struck me as hypocritical.
You always try to appear all tough lol. Why? Womens social status doesnt increase from being tough

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2051
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5281
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.
Age: 30
Contact:

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25721

Post by Admin » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago Just let people live their lives you know.
Except how other people live their lives will affect yours. This is something that had somehow always felt obvious to me. Even as a teenager as people were telling me not to judge fat people or smokers for example, because "how does it affect you?!" In my head, I could immediately see the connections: they'll feel worse about their body image, their health and mood will drop, they could become depressed and as a result, and they'll take out their frustration and anger on other people. When I tried to point out those connections, people acted like I was speaking Chinese. In the modern West, we really have a hard time seeing people as nodes in a network, we have this cult of the individual whose life choices somehow doesn't affect the rest of the community. We don't believe there is a community anymore, or that we ought to be a community.

Of course the word that kept coming to my mind reading the conversation here was sin. And I don't believe it to be an arbitrary construct anymore. You can see how much efforts feminist activist groups have deployed to make sexual promiscuity socially acceptable, largely in vain, almost all of us will immediately intuit that there is something inherently wrong with it. To put it simply, it's one of the manifestations of the breakdown of society as @Pat showed with some of the studies he posted, we realize that this behavior, taken to its logical conclusion leads to more misery and fragmentation at every level: from the individual's brain chemistry to families breaking apart because the individual wants to recapture some of the dopamine hits that they experienced before settling down.

I can already hear people screaming "well aren't Christians supposed not to judge?!" No, it's a misconception. We judge and when needed we shun, and excommunicate. The harshest treatment will of course be reserved for the people inside the Church. I know modern people who have elevated tolerance and inclusion as the ultimate values will see negative judgement and exclusion as evil, and they are in the context of someone confessing and promising to do better. But if they're like "I'm going to do whatever I want to serve my own desires and you can't judge me!", they will be judged harshly. We need to will the good of the other as other, and sometimes it means telling them, out of love, "you know what you're doing right now, it's not going to lead you to a good place", instead of telling them that they're alright, knowing that their behavior is going to hurt them and others around them in the long run.

And that's a given that any person engaging in that kind of behavior will already have a giant web of justifications for their choices. It certainly was the case for me when I was sleeping around without telling the girls that they were just one in many. I would of course say that I felt happy, fulfilled and I wasn't hurting anybody. And thank God some people dared to call me out on it, often using Gospel lessons like "well don't do to others what you don't want done to you!" which would make me even angrier because there was no logical or rational basis for that saying. Why were they using Christian morality to get me to change my ways even though they weren't Christians themselves? Because we can intuitively discern right from wrong, and we're still very good at recognizing sin when we see it in others. Sadly, that's much harder when it comes to our own failings, which is why negative judgement of other people's behavior definitely has its place, as it can help us to shed light on the shortcomings that we would never notice on our own.
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1210
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2625
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25722

Post by Guest-2 » 2 weeks ago

Exodus wrote: 2 weeks ago At least they appear content with it

Added in 7 minutes 22 seconds:

Yea the behavior.

Added in 3 minutes 54 seconds:

You always try to appear all tough lol. Why? Womens social status doesnt increase from being tough
I don't think people perceive me as 'tough' outside of this forum. In real life it's not one of the traits people tell me about myself.

My social status is really good my whole life.
Part of it is looks, part of it is accomplishments/talent/skill/hobbies, part of it is personality, there are probably more contributors, but I don't know what they are.

The particular quote you grabbed, I was being direct and honest with her. If that's what you consider tough, then we have different interpretations of the word.

also, are you actually white knighting EL? cause it kind of seems that way. :shock:

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2408
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4457
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25723

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

Guest-2 wrote: 2 weeks ago thanks for the apology, but you didn't hurt me, I'm just giving you shit about it because it struck me as hypocritical.
@Exodus, I don't think from this sentence that HB is trying to be tough.
She actually sounds very Australian here, so I like it.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 680
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2242
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25724

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

Guest-2 wrote: 2 weeks ago also, are you actually white knighting EL? cause it kind of seems that way. :shock:
How is him calling you tough white knighting me? xD
He's been mostly disagreeing with me in this whole discussion, and you think that was white knighting? You do come across as tough, not because you disagree with me but because of the way you word yourself.
Basically nobody in this whole discussion is agreeing with me on my main point(s), so I don't think anyone here is white knighting me haha.
Anyway, @Admin my so called "slutty" friends are not mean people because they have slept with a considerable amount of guys in their lifetime. One of my more experienced friends is very active on social media and in politics, where she even fights for the rights of men, amongst other things. She has a heart of gold and is someone you can always count on doing the right thing and putting others first. Just because she has been a bit promiscuous, doesn't automatically make her treat others badly and be mean? It just doesn't make any sense.
Anyway I'm glad you're on the right path, I'm sure being promiscuous can be self destructive for many people. My point is that it doesn't have to be, and that people should be judged on how they treat others or their ability to own up to their past mistakes and change for the better, rather than a stupid lay count.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1210
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2625
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25725

Post by Guest-2 » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago How is him calling you tough white knighting me? xD
He's been mostly disagreeing with me in this whole discussion, and you think that was white knighting? You do come across as tough, not because you disagree with me but because of the way you word yourself.
Because he quoted my comment to you. He didn't quote my comments to @JLBB where I literally called him a pussy, a dick, and an asshole. If his argument was to call me out as tough, he should have quoted those comments.

Truth? in my opinion You aren't exactly a soft fuzzy kitten in your wording to people when you are debating a topic or are offended by something. I don't think I'm any more tough than you.

On that final note, I'm fading out again.
I have no hard feelings towards anyone, sorry if it is coming across that way. :wave: I will check in again in future, but I get distracted from stuff that's more important by this site (Which is just my own fault, no one else)
I'm like the dog Dug from Up, "Squirrel" whenever I'm trying to do actual work, my brain looks for distractions from it.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 680
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2242
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25726

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

Guest-2 wrote: 2 weeks ago Truth? in my opinion You aren't exactly a soft fuzzy kitten in your wording to people when you are debating a topic or are offended by something. I don't think I'm any more tough than you.
I'm a 🐁, duh

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1210
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2625
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25727

Post by Guest-2 » 2 weeks ago

@Admin

By making this an individual thread after the fact, you have changed the context of my post by leaving out the topics I was referring to specifically.

NOW I get why some poster get very annoyed and feel disrespected as posters, when you do this so randomly without a heads up or even questioning 'us' if we approve of you doing so or not.

The whole point of my initial post was directed to comments that you didn't include in this thread, that proceeded this first posting on this 'new' thread.

In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter as i'm not going to be posting here, at least not for a long while if ever again, but it now does appear as if I was indeed supporting Pat instead of critquing the discussion that had proceeded this whole dialogue about 'sluts', that was of more interest to me about older people and dating/divorce etc.

I don't think you should do this so 'easily' with every varying topic if this is how carelessly you do it. If you do, you should consult the posters who contributed to the thread or discussion as you really do greatly change the context of the discussion.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 680
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2242
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25728

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

Guest-2 wrote: 2 weeks ago @Admin

By making this an individual thread after the fact, you have changed the context of my post by leaving out the topics I was referring to specifically.

NOW I get why some poster get very annoyed and feel disrespected as posters, when you do this so randomly without a heads up or even questioning 'us' if we approve of you doing so or not.

The whole point of my initial post was directed to comments that you didn't include in this thread, that proceeded this first posting on this 'new' thread.

In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter as i'm not going to be posting here, at least not for a long while if ever again, but it now does appear as if I was indeed supporting Pat instead of critquing the discussion that had proceeded this whole dialogue about 'sluts', that was of more interest to me about older people and dating/divorce etc.

I don't think you should do this so 'easily' with every varying topic if this is how carelessly you do it. If you do, you should consult the posters who contributed to the thread or discussion as you really do greatly change the context of the discussion.
The change was made long after you made your first post so all the relevant posters have already seen what context you made your post in, so I don't see the problem. Your point has been established. Why do you suddenly feel a need to call out several people here 😅 me, Admin, Exodus, JLBB??

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 2073
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25729

Post by Guest-4 » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 2 weeks ago She actually sounds very Australian here, so I like it.
I've never seen you hit on a woman before.

User avatar
Pat
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 386
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1169
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25730

Post by Pat » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago How am I encouraging slutty behavior? It's not like I give anyone a pat on the back for sleeping with lots of guys, I simply let my friends, who are all adults, live their lives without passing judgment. It's not like these girls suck a different cock every week, either. Just let people live their lives you know.
So you don't guide your friends on the right path when you think they're making mistakes? Who needs enemies with friends like that?
EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago Anyway, @Admin my so called "slutty" friends are not mean people because they have slept with a considerable amount of guys in their lifetime. One of my more experienced friends is very active on social media and in politics, where she even fights for the rights of men, amongst other things. She has a heart of gold and is someone you can always count on doing the right thing and putting others first. Just because she has been a bit promiscuous, doesn't automatically make her treat others badly and be mean? It just doesn't make any sense.
No one has said sluts are mean. They're just harming themselves and society as a whole is all. And your friend being a social media activist fits the stereotypical slut trying to fill the void in her heart. I'm sure she's just another one of the liberal snillism that's polluting the norwegian social media political sphere.

No one has claimed all sluts treat others badly, she just contributed to a worse society, in the same way her social media activism does.
EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago Anyway I'm glad you're on the right path, I'm sure being promiscuous can be self destructive for many people. My point is that it doesn't have to be, and that people should be judged on how they treat others or their ability to own up to their past mistakes and change for the better, rather than a stupid lay count.
It doesn't have to be, true. But it usually is and there's plenty of studies to back that up. It does seem like a recurring thing for you to not grasp this concept.
EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago I'm a 🐁, duh
Unironically fitting animal considering you rather avoid an awkward conversation with your friends instead of guiding them away from hedonistic pursuit of instant gratifcation leading to worse life quality for themselves and society as a whole.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 698
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1034
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25731

Post by Exodus » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 2 weeks ago @Exodus, I don't think from this sentence that HB is trying to be tough.
She actually sounds very Australian here, so I like it.
lol

Added in 2 minutes :
Guest-2 wrote: 2 weeks ago I don't think people perceive me as 'tough' outside of this forum. In real life it's not one of the traits people tell me about myself.

My social status is really good my whole life.
Part of it is looks, part of it is accomplishments/talent/skill/hobbies, part of it is personality, there are probably more contributors, but I don't know what they are.


The particular quote you grabbed, I was being direct and honest with her. If that's what you consider tough, then we have different interpretations of the word.

also, are you actually white knighting EL? cause it kind of seems that way. :shock:
ok lol are you trying to convince me or yourself? sorry but you sound really insecure and somewhat ridiculous here.

and no i'm not white knighting evil , like she said we are disagreeing

Added in 2 minutes 45 seconds:
Pat wrote: 2 weeks ago No one has said sluts are mean. They're just harming themselves and society as a whole is all. And your friend being a social media activist fits the stereotypical slut trying to fill the void in her heart. I'm sure she's just another one of the liberal snillism that's polluting the norwegian social media political sphere.
slutty girl defending men... fuck thats hot. like a slutty daddy's girl looking for approval. love seein 'em in porn, theyre the ones who obviously enjoy it and especially enjoy pleasing men, and desperately do anything to do so :twisted: :oops:.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1210
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2625
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25732

Post by Guest-2 » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: 2 weeks ago The change was made long after you made your first post so all the relevant posters have already seen what context you made your post in, so I don't see the problem. Your point has been established. Why do you suddenly feel a need to call out several people here 😅 me, Admin, Exodus, JLBB??

think whatever makes you happy...Peace out

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 680
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2242
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25733

Post by EvilLocks » 2 weeks ago

Pat wrote: 2 weeks ago So you don't guide your friends on the right path when you think they're making mistakes? Who needs enemies with friends like that?
Maybe I should give her your number so you can "guide her on the right path", whatever that is.
Fucking moral police :straight-smile:
Pat wrote: 2 weeks ago Unironically fitting animal considering you rather avoid an awkward conversation with your friends instead of guiding them away from hedonistic pursuit of instant gratifcation leading to worse life quality for themselves and society as a whole.
It's a movie quote but from a chick flick so I didn't expect any of the guys here to get it.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
Guest-2 wrote: 2 weeks ago think whatever makes you happy...Peace out
Okay :wave:

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1540
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2284
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

The consequences of sexual promiscuity

#25735

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

EvilLocks wrote: 3 weeks ago It's probably a copy paste from some sub reddit forum somewhere... this information was only confirmed that one time he walked in on a couple having sex in a public bathroom :D
If it's a persons home, that's one thing. But a public bathroom, I don't know.

I avoid doing a number two in a public place, if possible.

Added in 4 minutes 39 seconds:
Guest-4 wrote: 2 weeks ago I've never seen you hit on a woman before.
Are women in Australia shorter than average? Do you find US women taller than Australian.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post