What happened to Hairlosstalk?

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

JLBB wrote: 4 weeks ago If the owner doesn't give a fuck then I wouldn't doubt they're well off already whether or not that's from Bitcoin or something else.
If they are well off then it's definitely not from your Bitcoin advice.
We are all still trying to recover.

My kids can't eat.
Roe v. Wade has got to stay

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 3 weeks ago If they are well off then it's definitely not from your Bitcoin advice.
We are all still trying to recover.

My kids can't eat.
Google averaging down. If you see reason for a liquid investment to be significantly higher in the future and subsequently it dips massively, you average down. Benefit of digital currency/tokens is that unlike a company they can't be bought out or go bankrupt and delisted from the market which was all the more reason.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Really can't be disappointed in this if you look at how low things got. Percentage gains over the last 12 months dwarf decades of stock market movement.

Obviously you're joking but if you believe an investment will be higher than it is today in 5 years and you didn't need to sell for cash in the meantime, if nothing regarding the fundamentals changes you can't be disappointed in the price dropping because it gives the option to average down and greater potential percentage gains on the upside. If anything, the global debt situation gives me more reason to be bullish on fundamentals. I also think Trump will win, taxes will remain low and much of the wealthy/middle class with aspirational tendencies will continue to input spare dosh into crypto for high volatility/high reward.

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 3 weeks ago

JLBB wrote: 3 weeks ago Google averaging down. If you see reason for a liquid investment to be significantly higher in the future and subsequently it dips massively, you average down. Benefit of digital currency/tokens is that unlike a company they can't be bought out or go bankrupt and delisted from the market which was all the more reason.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Really can't be disappointed in this if you look at how low things got. Percentage gains over the last 12 months dwarf decades of stock market movement.

Obviously you're joking but if you believe an investment will be higher than it is today in 5 years and you didn't need to sell for cash in the meantime, if nothing regarding the fundamentals changes you can't be disappointed in the price dropping because it gives the option to average down and greater potential percentage gains on the upside. If anything, the global debt situation gives me more reason to be bullish on fundamentals. I also think Trump will win, taxes will remain low and much of the wealthy/middle class with aspirational tendencies will continue to input spare dosh into crypto for high volatility/high reward.
So is it a good idea to buy bitcoin right now?

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

Exodus wrote: 3 weeks ago So is it a good idea to buy bitcoin right now?
I'd more bullish on eth in percentage terms but I suspect the market will double in the next 6-12 months, or roughly Bitcoin will hit 20k USD again. The election doesn't seem like a big risk for crypto either way too, probably a little more upside if Trump wins and a little less upside for Biden.