What happened to Hairlosstalk?

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 8 months ago

The site Hairlosstalk has been down for weeks.

Did they throw in the towel, and plan to send up a redirect to this site?

@Doc.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 8 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 8 months ago The site Hairlosstalk has been down for weeks.

Did they throw in the towel, and plan to send up a redirect to this site?

@Doc.
Impactofhairloss.be for the win 🤑.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 8 months ago

Its odd. A site with that much activity (I know impact was dead but the other parts were still active) should be making enough money in ad revenue to make it worth keeping open.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.

Post by Admin » 8 months ago

HairlossTalk is not down, its SSL certificate has to be renewed.

It can still be accessed on computers by simply ignoring the security warning on Google Chrome or Firefox.

Its members are creating threads asking for this issue to be fixed:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... te.126538/

hairlosstalk_security_certificate.jpg
hairlosstalk_security_certificate.jpg (100.69 KiB) Viewed 2616 times

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... us.126599/

hairlosstalk_security_certificate2.jpg
hairlosstalk_security_certificate2.jpg (135.81 KiB) Viewed 2622 times

Only HairlossTalk's webmaster could resolve this problem.
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 8 months ago

As a member in one of those threads put it:

"I don't see why it hasn't been fixed yet. It's less than $10, and takes just a couple minutes."

Indeed :thinking:

I mean, if not fixed for a few days, a week, sure a guy can get busy and not realise, but he hasn't fixed it in a month?!

Of course the reassurance of nothing to see here, it's happened before (for a month though?) yadda yadda

Even if he does fix it tomorrow, still a clear concern over how little the admin cares about that place now, which we've suspected for a while anyway.
Look, fat...

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 8 months ago

My assumption is that the admin of that site has very severe depression and lethargy, which prevents him from getting basic life tasks done.

He once posted that his testosterone levels were ~75% lower than they were prior to him taking finasteride. It would be hard for any man to function under those conditions.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 8 months ago

He used to update the site frequently.

These days he still has articles from 2017. In fact there is a fundraiser for a hair conference in 2017.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 8 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 8 months ago My assumption is that the admin of that site has very severe depression and lethargy, which prevents him from getting basic life tasks done.

He once posted that his testosterone levels were ~75% lower than they were prior to him taking finasteride. It would be hard for any man to function under those conditions.
You sure he's not just depressed from being bald?
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Doc
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: finasteride

Post by Doc » 8 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 8 months ago My assumption is that the admin of that site has very severe depression and lethargy, which prevents him from getting basic life tasks done.

Fred explained it clearly. It's unfortunate big time. Personal differences aside, we can agree that site was/is a life saver for many. It helped me a lot when you're starting out on treatment. It continues to be a very useful site for current and future generations of hair loss sufferers. I hope it will be okay.

Oh and I thought we shouldn't speculate on the health of others especially without a suitable background :P Jokes aside you did say assumption and it's a fair one. However, I think he wrote once he recovered from what he termed suspected Post-Finasteride Syndrome (rather hypogonadism) and that is not an issue anymore. Something recent may have happened that is preventing him from managing the place or he just got busy. Either way, people need to know.

Added in 10 minutes 23 seconds:
Uncle Grandfather wrote: 8 months ago You sure he's not just depressed from being bald?
He has all of his hair pretty much. I think the low androgens for a period of time may have helped. Either way I hope he is okay in his own life :cry:
"I don't at all feel normal for picking apart some Wolf Pack story" - Rudiger
"Trust me Wolf, I'm nuts" - Rudiger

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Post by rclark » 8 months ago

Whatever happed to Roberto_72 on hairlosstalk?

Maybe he was in disagreement as to what was going on.

I haven't seen any posts from him at all.

Char
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 1 month ago

HairlossTalk has been down for two days already.

Couldn't reach it for the past two days. It seems that Admin doesn't even care anymore. There was another problem. When the site worked newly registered users couldn't get their e-mails confirmed rendering their accounts useless and it seems that this problem wasn't fixed.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

The Web Site owner increases the member number each year by banning everybody. Then they
have to come up with new user ids, new emails.

This way, he can say to advertisers, I have xx thousand of registered users. :o . See, look at the
huge number of different emails I have.

At this stage, users are putting the number "2" in their user name, and not even pretending to
be fake about it. (Using the same user id).

The sad thing is, this is from a company based in the United States, and has a high number of
United States users.

As for his one moderator (previously he had two), I believe that he writes prescriptions for him, so
in that sense he is his "go to guy".

I really find it hard to believe that someone using an internet name such as "Wolf Pack" has to be
concerned about who knows who his user's identity is.

By the way, @nameless is nameless2.

FYI: nameless, if you are reading this, you didn't have to quit impact of hair
loss.

Also, I quoted some of the times you called women *c*nt, so if I do go back as rclark2, I'm going to
post all of your shameless posts. :lol:
Rudiger wrote: 8 months ago As a member in one of those threads put it:

"I don't see why it hasn't been fixed yet. It's less than $10, and takes just a couple minutes."

Indeed :thinking:

I mean, if not fixed for a few days, a week, sure a guy can get busy and not realise, but he hasn't fixed it in a month?!

Of course the reassurance of nothing to see here, it's happened before (for a month though?) yadda yadda

Even if he does fix it tomorrow, still a clear concern over how little the admin cares about that place now, which we've suspected for a while anyway.
@Rudiger, where the fuck are you, man?

Please tell me you didn't catch coronavirus. If you did, could you cough on nameless for me?

Don't become a guest user.

In all seriousness, I hope everything is going well for you.

Please tell me I'm not going to see :? Rudiger2 on hairloss. :straight-smile:

Char
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 1 month ago

It's up again. I still can't register a new account because e-mail confirmation does not work. I want to register a new one because I changed my original account's password to some random nonsense.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by rclark » 4 weeks ago

Char wrote: 1 month ago It's up again. I still can't register a new account because e-mail confirmation does not work. I want to register a new one because I changed my original account's password to some random nonsense.
Good luck with getting the owner to acknowledge you, or even answer a question. Everybody is insignificant to him.

For him to say he made all this money on bitcoin is probably absolute bullshit. He doesn't care anymore.

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 3 weeks ago

rclark wrote: 4 weeks ago Good luck with getting the owner to acknowledge you, or even answer a question. Everybody is insignificant to him.

For him to say he made all this money on bitcoin is probably absolute bullshit. He doesn't care anymore.
The forum would potentially be a substantial source of income. If the owner doesn't give a fuck then I wouldn't doubt they're well off already whether or not that's from Bitcoin or something else. There are endless transplant clinics that would likely pay ten grand to have a generic recommendation on the site that could be drawn up in an hour. Not much competition for English language transplant forums despite the industry being worth billions too, I'm sure I could make it work if I owned it.