Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1396
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1961

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
We may have the odd argument but no need to worry, I'd never hate her, even in the middle of the argument I'd never think badly of her generally. So like I was saying before, nothing's changed for me, I'm hoping it's the same for her too.
"Her"?
She has a name, you arrogant bastard.
Don't kneel because you feel

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
I missed the origins of the fight and am behind on this thread, so I don't know who's at fault.

I hope that the fight can be resolved and buried though. This is a young and thus fragile forum, it probably doesn't benefit from core members hating each other. I also don't think that either of you are genuinely bad people. Though as with everybody else, misunderstandings can and do happen.
I’m not holding a grudge about it, either is he.

I should have just tapped out because it was at an impasse.

Side bar
I have limited free time right now until probably January so I can’t have long debates during this time period. I’m also under stress.
(Which that’s on me not anyone else to be responsible with what I do in my free time).

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... on/567110/

Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson
The Canadian psychology professor’s stardom is evidence that leftism is on the decline—and deeply vulnerable.
Caitlin Flanagan is a contributing editor at The Atlantic. She is the author of Girl Land and To Hell With All That.
Aug 9, 2018
Caitlin Flanagan, opening paragraphs wrote:Two years ago, I walked downstairs and saw one of my teenage sons watching a strange YouTube video on the television.

“What is that?” I asked.

He turned to me earnestly and explained, “It’s a psychology professor at the University of Toronto talking about Canadian law.”

“Huh?” I said, but he had already turned back to the screen. I figured he had finally gotten to the end of the internet, and this was the very last thing on it.

That night, my son tried to explain the thing to me, but it was a buzzing in my ear, and I wanted to talk about something more interesting. It didn’t matter; it turned out a number of his friends—all of them like him: progressive Democrats, with the full range of social positions you would expect of adolescents growing up in liberal households in blue-bubble Los Angeles—had watched the video as well, and they talked about it to one another.

The boys graduated from high school and went off to colleges where they were exposed to the kind of policed discourse that dominates American campuses. They did not make waves; they did not confront the students who were raging about cultural appropriation and violent speech; in fact, they forged close friendships with many of them. They studied and wrote essays and—in their dorm rooms, on the bus to away games, while they were working out—began listening to more and more podcasts and lectures by this man, Jordan Peterson.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1023
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2672
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... on/567110/

Why the Left Is So Afraid of Jordan Peterson
The Canadian psychology professor’s stardom is evidence that leftism is on the decline—and deeply vulnerable.
Caitlin Flanagan is a contributing editor at The Atlantic. She is the author of Girl Land and To Hell With All That.
Aug 9, 2018
It's very refreshing actually, because universities seem doomed in ways, and culturally I think it's absolutely possible this can change. I still think young people are incredibly susceptible to liberal media and this will take a long time to change.

But anyone who's been to university even in the last 2 decades can recognize how it's practically indoctrination, and I didn't even realise it at the time.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1768
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3876
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
But anyone who's been to university even in the last 2 decades can recognize how it's practically indoctrination, and I didn't even realise it at the time.
The indoctrination was quite efficient, especially for someone who was already temperamentally on the left. And it partly started when I was in high school. The leftist discourse was already the only one that was acceptable among the professors.

So yeah, I held radical leftist thoughts when I was a teenager. Funnily enough, they were close intertwined with my liking for conspiracy theories. You know, the evil rich, capitalism is bad, the elites are keeping us down, trying to divide us by pushing racial hatred against Muslims, etc.

In the end, it was muddy and cowardly thinking. Most people at my university didn't want to contend with difficult ideas, they just wanted to label everyone outside their far left viewpoint as a racist bigot who's yearning for the rise of the fourth Reich.

I got out of it by some miracle, well it was probably a combination of intense psychological turmoil that was aggravated by my hair loss. I had to reconstruct a healthy worldview from the bottom up after physical (hair loss, gyno, acne, etc.) and mental (neomarxism, postmodernism, nihilism, etc.) deterioration had basically led me to insanity.

But the people who went to university with me, they're still comfortably entrenched in their neomarxist worldview. They didn't get the chance to hit a massive wall at 200km/h like I did so to speak.

I see them calling poor old women on social networks "racist", "stupid" and "nazis". One of those people even said: "Who in my contacts votes for the NVA (right-wing Flemish party)? Not to have a dialogue with you but so I can delete your racist ass!"

A girl I know who works at the BBC (or SJW-land) told me I was a bad person before deleting me. And one of my colleagues told me that ISIS was just another belief system and "who are we to judge?! All value systems are relative!".

Those beliefs will rot your soul and make you feel virtuous and smart without having done anything to earn those attributes. It's funny how they don't realize how their righteous beliefs are built on sand. One question can throw them off and make them have that empty look on their faces, like they just got a mini-episode of PTSD, and the usual reaction to that is autistic screeching coupled with character assassination.

I felt that especially hard when I went to a debate to decide of the future of my university. I basically said that universities were becoming hermetic ideological echochambers, that the political activism was getting out of control and that the corporations who would consider hiring them will be increasingly thinking twice. The vice-president looked at me and froze for a second: "I had never heard an idea like that, this is interesting!".

Really? The goddamn vice-president of a major European university has never been exposed to that thought. I saw the report of that meeting recently and they twisted what I said of course: "Universities usually care about social progress in our society and corporations are usually more cynical about political activists trying to make the world a better place." Something along those lines, see how once again they positioned themselves as being on the side of the good just by claiming it?

Well at least I tried, but it seems the universities and their students/alumni won't learn their lessons until they hit a massive wall at 200 km/h themselves. It's becoming so funny to see them stuck in their position while the whole world is evolving around them: Trump, Italy, Brexit, Eastern Europe, Austria etc. And instead of properly contending with those changes, they're like "Reeeee, nazis, nazis everywhere, this is a nightmare! You right there! Why are you not a good person? Do we have to force others to become good people?!"

In the meantime, they'll just label people with a different worldview nazis, alt-right (or the term 'facho' here that's derived from fascist), identitarian, spreading fake news, devoid of empathy, etc. etc. All the debates that are held at my university are not debates anymore, it's all leftists and radical leftists being put into an auditorium debating how we should tackle the evil capitalist patriarchal West with no one to tell them "aren't those presuppositions largely incorrect?" And if you dare to say that, well, it's virtue-signalling + labeling time!

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 921
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1481
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Arjen » 1 year ago

I remember my time back at high school. It was very obvious that those teachers were trying to instil a way of thinking that didn't leave any room for anything outside the leftish spectrum. I was never a rebel, but the arrogance displayed clearly had an influence on me developing a critical view towards the left - more than it would have, had I felt less indoctrinated.
It was a little better at university, but that also depends somehow on what you study, I guess.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1768
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3876
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Admin » 9 months ago

I have to address yet again what the BDD bozos are doing on HairlossTalk:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... eo.118711/

This is not one of his latest video. This was filmed in November 3rd 2017, or more than a year ago.

Here is the complete talk from which the above excerpt was taken:



Yet all the members in the thread will never verify that fact and mindlessly start pouring their resentful bile on Jordan Peterson's hair.

This is one of Jordan Peterson's latest videos and this is how his hair looks like at the moment:



Yeah truly shocking and inappropriate head of hair for a guy who's nearly 60 years old for God' sake. "It's over" as the HairlossTalk members would say. Why is no one mentioning the state of his hair in the comments? I don't get it!

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1396
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1961

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by blackg » 9 months ago

Admin wrote:
9 months ago
I have to address yet again what the BDD bozos are doing on HairlossTalk:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... eo.118711/

This is not one of his latest video. This was filmed in November 3rd 2017, or more than a year ago.

Here is the complete talk from which the above excerpt was taken:



Yet all the members in the thread will never verify that fact and mindlessly start pouring their resentful bile on Jordan Peterson's hair.

This is one of Jordan Peterson's latest videos and this is how his hair looks like at the moment:



Yeah truly shocking and inappropriate head of hair for a guy who's nearly 60 years old for God' sake. "It's over" as the HairlossTalk members would say. Why is no one mentioning the state of his hair in the comments? I don't get it!
Peterson's days of an intellectual sex symbol are clearly over and it's best he just fades into the background along with his dying philosophy of men being "real men."
This outdated concept is only receiving a recent (small) renaissance because it is like a dying lung cancer patient noisily struggling for his last breath.

Jordan Peterson is touring Australia soon and I plan on protesting his visit, along with my transgender entourage.
Don't kneel because you feel

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2025
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 9 months ago

Admin wrote:
9 months ago
I have to address yet again what the BDD bozos are doing on HairlossTalk:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/t ... eo.118711/

This is not one of his latest video. This was filmed in November 3rd 2017, or more than a year ago.

Here is the complete talk from which the above excerpt was taken:



Yet all the members in the thread will never verify that fact and mindlessly start pouring their resentful bile on Jordan Peterson's hair.

This is one of Jordan Peterson's latest videos and this is how his hair looks like at the moment:



Yeah truly shocking and inappropriate head of hair for a guy who's nearly 60 years old for God' sake. "It's over" as the HairlossTalk members would say. Why is no one mentioning the state of his hair in the comments? I don't get it!
He has better hair than mine when I was 22.

#dailydepression

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2025
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by JasonStatham » 7 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
7 months ago

Your post is a good example. You're implying that there is something deficient in Jordan Peterson for not promoting your viewpoint. You completely fail to realize the simplest possible explanation: that he genuinely and sincerely pondered your line of thinking at some point in time, and dismissed it as ridiculous.

Did you even read my post? I'm disappointed lately from your posts.

I never said he has to promote my viewpoint. That's ridiculous. I clearly said I don't like Jordan Peterson hypocrisy. He tells white people to not be nationalist, that being proud of your race isn't something you should be proud of AND at the same time, he is very impressed with the Jews and them being proud to have their own little country and be proud to be Jews. What the fuck?

Do you see it? He doesn't have to agree with me. But if you are judging a particular race for doing A but you are praising another race for exactly doing A, I have a problem.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 7 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
7 months ago
Did you even read my post?
Yes -- you come off as disappointed in Peterson, as if he's doing anything wrong:

Jordan Peterson does the same fucking thing. He criticizes identity politics or that IQ doesn't matter in immigration but yet he praises the Jews for being high IQ and breed with their own and let them have their own country and be proud of what they are. :roll:
JasonStatham wrote:
7 months ago
I clearly said I don't like Jordan Peterson hypocrisy. He tells white people to not be nationalist, that being proud of your race isn't something you should be proud of AND at the same time, he is very impressed with the Jews and them being proud to have their own little country and be proud to be Jews. What the fuck?
Can you post a link to the time that Peterson said that Jews should be proud of their race?

I think that he likely said or implied that Jewish people should be proud of their culture and history. He is similarly proud of Christian history and traditions, and of Western civilization, and likely subsets of it as well.

Is Peterson against Canadians or Americans being proud of their country?

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2148
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by That Guy » 7 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
7 months ago
Did you even read my post? I'm disappointed lately from your posts.

I never said he has to promote my viewpoint. That's ridiculous. I clearly said I don't like Jordan Peterson hypocrisy. He tells white people to not be nationalist, that being proud of your race isn't something you should be proud of AND at the same time, he is very impressed with the Jews and them being proud to have their own little country and be proud to be Jews. What the fuck?

Do you see it? He doesn't have to agree with me. But if you are judging a particular race for doing A but you are praising another race for exactly doing A, I have a problem.
Because Jordan Peterson is a globalist shill.

He worked for decades in academia and watched its takeover by cultural marxists and shit. What'd he do? Nothing.

He worked for the UN, helping draft documents about how the 1st world's wealth should be redistributed to the third world and stuff. Did he raise the alarm? No.

Instead, in 2016, when he realized that the left's radicalism was inspiring a natural and strong pushback from white men, he springs into action. ONLY THEN.

Since then, you'll notice his audience consists almost entirely of white men and he takes every opportunity to flip out about "identity politics" and how collectivism is bad and pride in what our European ancestors built. Except for the jews, of course. Strange, how just as whites are on the verge of becoming minorities in their own countries, Petersen FINALLY springs into action against the left...all while doing whatever it takes to convince white men that coming together under a banner of ethnic pride is bad and will make you a totalitarian nazi.

Because he knows that if white people unite against globalism, he and other guys making hundreds of thousands a year on shilling this shit are royally fucked.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 623
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1260
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by JLBB » 7 months ago

That Guy wrote:
7 months ago
Because Jordan Peterson is a globalist shill.

He worked for decades in academia and watched its takeover by cultural marxists and shit. What'd he do? Nothing.

He worked for the UN, helping draft documents about how the 1st world's wealth should be redistributed to the third world and stuff. Did he raise the alarm? No.

Instead, in 2016, when he realized that the left's radicalism was inspiring a natural and strong pushback from white men, he springs into action. ONLY THEN.

Since then, you'll notice his audience consists almost entirely of white men and he takes every opportunity to flip out about "identity politics" and how collectivism is bad and pride in what our European ancestors built. Except for the jews, of course. Strange, how just as whites are on the verge of becoming minorities in their own countries, Petersen FINALLY springs into action against the left...all while doing whatever it takes to convince white men that coming together under a banner of ethnic pride is bad and will make you a totalitarian nazi.

Because he knows that if white people unite against globalism, he and other guys making hundreds of thousands a year on shilling this shit are royally fucked.
People have to make a living dude. 99% of people working in government jobs even in high positions don't get any sort of say in what they're working towards, nor can one get a job and maintain it in academia unless they at tow the minimum ideological line. It's also nonsensical to suggest he would be fucked if whites unite against globalism, it would make virtually no impact on him, its not one of his biggest topics of discussion. He's obviously become very wealthy very quickly and is in a position of power such that immigration has no major effect on his wellbeing, in my opinion that is the much more significant influence on his views here. I agree with you that he's wrong or covering his eyes on this issue, but he's by no means a globalist shill either. He clearly rallies against doing so on subjects like climate change which is potentially the highest sacred cow of government and academia.

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1159
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2148
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by That Guy » 7 months ago

JLBB wrote:
7 months ago
People have to make a living dude. 99% of people working in government jobs even in high positions don't get any sort of say in what they're working towards, nor can one get a job and maintain it in academia unless they at tow the minimum ideological line. It's also nonsensical to suggest he would be fucked if whites unite against globalism, it would make virtually no impact on him, its not one of his biggest topics of discussion. He's obviously become very wealthy very quickly and is in a position of power such that immigration has no major effect on his wellbeing, in my opinion that is the much more significant influence on his views here. I agree with you that he's wrong or covering his eyes on this issue, but he's by no means a globalist shill either. He clearly rallies against doing so on subjects like climate change which is potentially the highest sacred cow of government and academia.
Dude he makes fine money and has for decades. Teachers here get paid obscene amount when they have the kind of experience Peterson does.

He is absolutely a shill. Why else would he be doing any of this? There is literally no reason whatsoever to oppose the kind of collectivism he does aside from "I'm afraid of the consequences". He would not have helped draft those documents and he'd not have waited so long if he was actually against the left and he would not spurge out so much over white nationalism.

I know Admin will hate me here for attacking the sacred cow, but I just can't keep it bundled up anymore now that the question has been raised.

Jordan Peterson sells young white men political ideology masquerading as self-help advice and "individualism" because he knows that the world that is rising from the ashes of globalism are not going to be kind to the Macrons and Merkels of the world once they're dethroned. He knows that a guy like himself will absolutely be on the chopping block. "Individualism" by the way is bs. It's a long-standing tactic to disconnect an otherwise powerful group. Because if you go into an environment with group identity/team strategy where everyone else is an "individual", you will have systemic advantage over those people. There is literally no other reason to preach "individualism".

Don't forget to wash you dick and clean your room

Image

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1768
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3876
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Admin » 7 months ago



Seriously though, if you dive in the gripes you have above, you'll realize that your criticisms are unfounded, Jordan Peterson has torn apart the UN committee he worked for on more than one occasion, he saw how overly alarmist they were for example.

His audience is not almost all white males by the way, I've met the guy in real life and there were all kinds of people attending the event: white, black, Indian, Asian, women, incels, chads, etc.

I can see the hypocrisy and even the fear people have to criticize Israel but I'm a hypocrite when it comes to that too I guess, I see Israel as the light of the Middle-East and they have earned this right be a sacred cow (yeah that word again :p).

Same with the Jews in general, I have a lot of respect for them in the same manner than Peterson too, and I can help but notice that almost everyone that criticize them are jelly of their success compared to their own groups, like Muslims for example, and of course the radical left.

The radical right is also antisemite but those people are way too rare nowadays, while you don't need to go any further than the New York Time's Facebook comment section to see the vitriol that's being poured over the Jews, oh excuse me it's over Israel so it's not antisemitism, it's antisionism, the new organic gluten-free form of antisemitism.

We know what those people mean, I certainly know since I've fallen for antisemitism when I was younger, when I was a resentful leftist myself, so it's way too transparent for me. All I'll say is that I take antisemitism very seriously and for what it is, in the sense that we already know where it leads to, and that's also one of Peterson's main messages, take a step back from your irrational hate, look at the nazi death camps and remember that you could end up there (as a prisoner or a guard) faster than you think.

Some things like the irrational hatred of the Jews really seem to be eternal. Israel is right to take preventive measures to defend themselves against it in any way they can, as I've said, they've earned that right.

Image

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests