Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
OK so you can call my thoughts (which I didn't even have by the way) hypocritical but that clearly doesn't mean you think I'm a hypocrite, and I should know that. But I said you lied about something and that means I'm condemning you as an eternal liar.

That's totally warped, and of course it's in your favor.

Please stop explaining that point, please, I never misunderstood it, I never addressed it because it doesn't matter. Please stop explaining this and acting like I don't get it, I never asked you to explain it again, I simply said you called me hypocritical, which you did, the reasons are another point, but for someone who says "you're so hard to talk to about politics" you were the one who jumped in instantly calling my logic amazingly hypocritical.

You're just echoing what I'm saying at this point. I had to ask repeatedly why you thought Maher was only talking about a slight recession until I got an answer (and now you're acting as if I have to beat answers out of people, well that's on you, I shouldn't have to beat it out of anyone) and then I have to keep explaining that I don't give a shit about your reasons for calling me hypocritical, I just wanted to stick to the original point before you bring the discussion all over the place.

Now, just like I said, you're "explaining again and again" well I'm not asking you to! At what point did I ask you to clarify the reasons for calling me a hypocrite? I never cared, it was always beyond stupid to reason with that.

And now, again, I have to ask you to please stop reverting to other things you brought up to bring the discussion away from a simple question. It's actually unbelievable.
let's go back to the point of hypocrisy I was trying to make for one more college try;

you don't find it hypocritical to criticize SJW, who will automatically oppose anything with Anne Coulter or Milo in it, even if its just them with a panel of 5 other people, from anything ever credible possibly coming out of their mouths because they dislike one or more things they said or one point they made? And Trump for that matter?
Yet, you discredit Bill Maher for one thing he said and not watch the video because of one thing?

NOW YES. I know now this was not what you meant.
Much later you addressed the fact it was not the reason you didn't watch the video--yet you neglected to tell me that point early on when it was obvious that is what I was complaining about and I found irritating...
You state it was (think you said unimportant I can't remember the exact word) that you didn't bother to address that.
YOU wanted to hone in on what I said about Maher's statement.
and I did answer you, you may not feel like it was soon enough but I did.
I never felt like you addressed my point, I still don't think you did (but no longer care)

conversations are supposed to be exchanging information back and forth.

I honestly sincerely think if you think me (or anyone) is lying on a post about their thoughts and intentions or feelings--why on Earth would you ever give them any credibility?
I don't see hypocrisy and lying on the same level at all.
I would never assume if someone is hypocritical on a point they are going to be so on every point.
but lying is intentional act, its not subtle or nuanced its a lie...and to be honest if you think im lying to you and continuin to do so that would mean i am gasligting you which is A TON worse.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
Again, I focused on the original point because I couldn't get a straight answer.

If you had just answered it or looked in to what Maher said again then we could have possibly discussed things further from there.

That being said, I don't take much interest in being called a hypocrite for something I don't even do (which you decided is, vouch for everything Donald Trump's says) so I'm not going to respond well to that.

Indeed your other arguments shouldn't matter from that point on. But another "again", I don't have to answer to absolutely everything you say, or anything you say.

In this case I thought what you said was irrelevant to the main issue at hand, which actually did turn out to be an issue, because it took 3 exchanges for you to see fault in what you said. And then "I'll give you that one" oh gee! Thanks! Lucky me.

But this response of yours is more reactionary emotional shit "oh so nothing I say matters does it?!" The reason only my point mattered to me is because it actually turned out to be important.

Again (again) your point didn't matter because I wanted to focus on that without being dragged all over the place.

I'm not saying you're always a liar and I'm not saying your points never matter, but you already know this.


it sounds like you are annoyed with me (not sure the right word because I can't read you) that I didn't answer you in the way you wanted, when you wanted, in our discussion.

yet in the very same post, you write
'I don't have to answer to absolutely everything you say or anything you say.'
which granted you listed this as to why you didn't answer
(but I cant read your mind during our interactions,I don't believe you wrote that if you did it did not penetrate my mind)


You are deciding that within a conversation between the two of us, where you are demanding an answer of me, yet you just wrote this as well
'Indeed your other arguments shouldn't matter from that point on'

why so? arent we two people in a discussion?
Don't both our points seem relevant to ourselves and we are trying to have an exchange and a mutual understanding of one another?

you wrote this
"That being said, I don't take much interest in being called a hypocrite for something I don't even do (which you decided is, vouch for everything Donald Trump's says) so I'm not going to respond well to that."

Yet, I also said to you in an early post--maybe you have a different impression (I'm paraphrasing) of the word than I do and I even apologized and you called it suspect or something like I was lying again in apologizing or it wasn't sincere (i don't want to put words in your mouth I'm telling you the impression your words have left with me).


you wrote this
In this case I thought what you said was irrelevant to the main issue at hand, which actually did turn out to be an issue, because it took 3 exchanges for you to see fault in what you said. And then "I'll give you that one" oh gee! Thanks! Lucky me.

well, my main issue was different from your main issue...that is the point.
so to me, it was relevant what I kept going back to as what you kept going back to was relevant to you.
2 people in a conversation we each want our points addressed and I DID feel like I answered you.
when you wanted more clarity I gave it to you.
repeatedly.
it was not meant in a disrespectful way to say to you 'i will give you that one', I didn't see the whole video and at that point, I took your word for it because I don't think of you as a liar.


the below the point you make, I don't get how you come to this interpretation.
I am telling you how your post reads to me. my opinion.
Your point was important to you, and mine was and still is important to me.
2 people in a conversation its not for your demand, it's an exchange.

But this response of yours is more reactionary emotional shit "oh so nothing I say matters does it?!" The reason only my point mattered to me is because it actually turned out to be important.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1022
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2665
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
let's go back to the point of hypocrisy I was trying to make for one more college try;

you don't find it hypocritical to criticize SJW, who will automatically oppose anything with Anne Coulter or Milo in it, even if its just them with a panel of 5 other people, from anything ever credible possibly coming out of their mouths because they dislike one or more things they said or one point they made? And Trump for that matter?
Yet, you discredit Bill Maher for one thing he said and not watch the video because of one thing?

NOW YES. I know now this was not what you meant.
Much later you addressed the fact it was not the reason you didn't watch the video--yet you neglected to tell me that point early on when it was obvious that is what I was complaining about and I found irritating...
You state it was (think you said unimportant I can't remember the exact word) that you didn't bother to address that.
YOU wanted to hone in on what I said about Maher's statement.
and I did answer you, you may not feel like it was soon enough but I did.
I never felt like you addressed my point, I still don't think you did (but no longer care)

conversations are supposed to be exchanging information back and forth.

I honestly sincerely think if you think me (or anyone) is lying on a post about their thoughts and intentions or feelings--why on Earth would you ever give them any credibility?
I don't see hypocrisy and lying on the same level at all.
I would never assume if someone is hypocritical on a point they are going to be so on every point.
but lying is intentional act, its not subtle or nuanced its a lie...and to be honest if you think im lying to you and continuin to do so that would mean i am gasligting you which is A TON worse.
You're explaining that point again which is actually insane, and I don't even understand why, because I didn't (partially) negate it. I should never have had to negate it, you jumped to the conclusion I wouldn't watch the video because it had Maher in it. I had already seen it, and I'll watch plenty more Maher videos (and even often agree with him).

Also you jumped to the conclusion I defend everything Trump says.

As for the answer "not being soon enough" uhm no, you're making it sound like I had to wait a few days. The answer would have never come if I didn't have to repeatedly ask you, it also would have never come if I decided to focus on the other points you were making, your response would have been a brief footnote about Maher and then everything else would've been back to all this other shit I didn't want to talk about.

And you're still not getting it, I'll try as concisely as possible- it's not that your point didn't matter, it's that I wanted to clarify something else first.

It then turned out that the "something else" was difficult to clarify, which was completely your fault. Then I said somewhat facetiously I had to interrogate you, and you act as if that was on me. Then you eventually realise you never had a point at all, as I wasn't refusing to watch the video anyway, but you still keep explaining the point and acting as if I don't understand.

- I just read over your further double response (what's that about?) I was saying when you call someone a hypocrite for something they don't even do (defend everything Trump says) then your points are no longer valid. You are no longer a reasonable participant in the discussion, and anyone can justify ignoring senseless comments, similar to assuming I didn't watch the video because Maher was in it. Awful conclusion hopping, and that doesn't deserve to be acknowledged.

I asked a simple question about Maher and wasn't getting a simple answer. For me this has all types of connotations but not necessarily specific to you, and I just wanted an answer to that. If you make a statement (in this case "he only wanted a mild recession" or something) then people can ask you to back it up.

And here's where you're getting confused, I didn't make any statements you wanted to contest, you made those for me, basically "Maher isn't worth watching after what he said last week P.S. Trump is validated in everything he says" and I didn't have to respond to anything because I didn't say anything to that effect, so I don't have to back it up.

Eventually you realised this was your own presumptions working, so as of right now I have no idea what point you're actually trying to convey.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1767
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3870
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

So I guess this is the moment I stop reading everything that's posted on this forum.

I might also need to order a bigger database sooner than I anticipated :p.

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
You're explaining that point again which is actually insane, and I don't even understand why, because I didn't (partially) negate it. I should never have had to negate it, you jumped to the conclusion I wouldn't watch the video because it had Maher in it. I had already seen it, and I'll watch plenty more Maher videos (and even often agree with him).

Also you jumped to the conclusion I defend everything Trump says.

As for the answer "not being soon enough" uhm no, you're making it sound like I had to wait a few days. The answer would have never come if I didn't have to repeatedly ask you, it also would have never come if I decided to focus on the other points you were making, your response would have been a brief footnote about Maher and then everything else would've been back to all this other shit I didn't want to talk about.

And you're still not getting it, I'll try as concisely as possible- it's not that your point didn't matter, it's that I wanted to clarify something else first.

It then turned out that the "something else" was difficult to clarify, which was completely your fault. Then I said somewhat facetiously I had to interrogate you, and you act as if that was on me. Then you eventually realise you never had a point at all, as I wasn't refusing to watch the video anyway, but you still keep explaining the point and acting as if I don't understand.

- I just read over your further double response (what's that about?) I was saying when you call someone a hypocrite for something they don't even do (defend everything Trump says) then your points are no longer valid. You are no longer a reasonable participant in the discussion, and anyone can justify ignoring senseless comments, similar to assuming I didn't watch the video because Maher was in it. Awful conclusion hopping, and that doesn't deserve to be acknowledged.

I asked a simple question about Maher and wasn't getting a simple answer. For me this has all types of connotations but not necessarily specific to you, and I just wanted an answer to that. If you make a statement (in this case "he only wanted a mild recession" or something) then people can ask you to back it up.

And here's where you're getting confused, I didn't make any statements you wanted to contest, you made those for me, basically "Maher isn't worth watching after what he said last week P.S. Trump is validated in everything he says" and I didn't have to respond to anything because I didn't say anything to that effect, so I don't have to back it up.

Eventually you realised this was your own presumptions working, so as of right now I have no idea what point you're actually trying to convey.
Why is it insane to try and have someone I respected understand my point when he is wrongly accusing me of lying?

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
You're explaining that point again which is actually insane, and I don't even understand why, because I didn't (partially) negate it. I should never have had to negate it, you jumped to the conclusion I wouldn't watch the video because it had Maher in it. I had already seen it, and I'll watch plenty more Maher videos (and even often agree with him).

Also you jumped to the conclusion I defend everything Trump says.

As for the answer "not being soon enough" uhm no, you're making it sound like I had to wait a few days. The answer would have never come if I didn't have to repeatedly ask you, it also would have never come if I decided to focus on the other points you were making, your response would have been a brief footnote about Maher and then everything else would've been back to all this other shit I didn't want to talk about.

And you're still not getting it, I'll try as concisely as possible- it's not that your point didn't matter, it's that I wanted to clarify something else first.

It then turned out that the "something else" was difficult to clarify, which was completely your fault. Then I said somewhat facetiously I had to interrogate you, and you act as if that was on me. Then you eventually realise you never had a point at all, as I wasn't refusing to watch the video anyway, but you still keep explaining the point and acting as if I don't understand.

- I just read over your further double response (what's that about?) I was saying when you call someone a hypocrite for something they don't even do (defend everything Trump says) then your points are no longer valid. You are no longer a reasonable participant in the discussion, and anyone can justify ignoring senseless comments, similar to assuming I didn't watch the video because Maher was in it. Awful conclusion hopping, and that doesn't deserve to be acknowledged.

I asked a simple question about Maher and wasn't getting a simple answer. For me this has all types of connotations but not necessarily specific to you, and I just wanted an answer to that. If you make a statement (in this case "he only wanted a mild recession" or something) then people can ask you to back it up.

And here's where you're getting confused, I didn't make any statements you wanted to contest, you made those for me, basically "Maher isn't worth watching after what he said last week P.S. Trump is validated in everything he says" and I didn't have to respond to anything because I didn't say anything to that effect, so I don't have to back it up.

Eventually you realised this was your own presumptions working, so as of right now I have no idea what point you're actually trying to convey.
You keep criticizing me for trying to explain
Then you continue writing these posts explaining yourself
And wrongly interpreting me

You don’t see an issue with that?

It’s lke your thoughts and experience is more important then mine?

We are both in a conversation.

You keep telling me on various ways why my point is unimportant to you, yet you write these long essays for what purpose? I’m not supposed to comment in return?

What end result are you looking for?

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1022
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2665
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
It’s lke your thoughts and experience is more important then mine?
OK so I'm generally calling you a liar, in all ways, nothing you say matters, and now everything I do is superior to you.

I guess if you jump to dramatic conclusions you may as well carry on where you left off.

I explained why your points didn't matter, it's got nothing to do with them coming from you, it's that they were presumptuous and very unfair, and based on things I never said. So not only did they not deserve a response, but the main reason I've explained literally a handful of times or more - I wanted to clarify a more important point before addressing other ones. I felt if we didn't do that then you'd end up talking about anything other than that point

We did clarify it after 3 attempts but we never would have got there at all if I went down the path you wanted to go down (and you didn't deserve an answer to those things anyway as I never made such claims, you invented them and applied them to me). And it's not like the point I pressed about Maher was irrelevant, you ended up completely u-turning on it.

I keep replying because it's not going in, at all, you don't seem to get it. I've had to say so many times I don't care about your false side-point, I just wanted to focus on the Maher thing, you kept explaining the side-point, you realised that I never said everything Trump does is right and I never claimed to not watch your Maher clip because of something he said, you still kept explaining, I explicitly told you I understand and to stop explaining this pointless argument, and you've since explained it another 2 times. For what purpose? There was never any in the first place.

And now you're asking why I'm still posting about it? Well I'm done, if you have anything else to ask about it then just read back on my last dozen posts because I've probably already answered it several times.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 971
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1745
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
OK so I'm generally calling you a liar, in all ways, nothing you say matters, and now everything I do is superior to you.

I guess if you jump to dramatic conclusions you may as well carry on where you left off.

I explained why your points didn't matter, it's got nothing to do with them coming from you, it's that they were presumptuous and very unfair, and based on things I never said. So not only did they not deserve a response, but the main reason I've explained literally a handful of times or more - I wanted to clarify a more important point before addressing other ones. I felt if we didn't do that then you'd end up talking about anything other than that point

We did clarify it after 3 attempts but we never would have got there at all if I went down the path you wanted to go down (and you didn't deserve an answer to those things anyway as I never made such claims, you invented them and applied them to me). And it's not like the point I pressed about Maher was irrelevant, you ended up completely u-turning on it.

I keep replying because it's not going in, at all, you don't seem to get it. I've had to say so many times I don't care about your false side-point, I just wanted to focus on the Maher thing, you kept explaining the side-point, you realised that I never said everything Trump does is right and I never claimed to not watch your Maher clip because of something he said, you still kept explaining, I explicitly told you I understand and to stop explaining this pointless argument, and you've since explained it another 2 times. For what purpose? There was never any in the first place.

And now you're asking why I'm still posting about it? Well I'm done, if you have anything else to ask about it then just read back on my last dozen posts because I've probably already answered it several times.
I’m really dumbfounded by you today.

I don’t know what is going on but I sincerely suspect it has very little to do with me because I KNOW you do care about me and you usually do value my opinion even if it is different then yours. And normally you would never suspect I’m lying to you.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1022
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2665
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
I’m really dumbfounded by you today.

I don’t know what is going on but I sincerely suspect it has very little to do with me because I KNOW you do care about me and you usually do value my opinion even if it is different then yours. And normally you would never suspect I’m lying to you.
Of course I care about you and this doesn't change anything or make me think less of you. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm not annoyed or angry.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1396
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1961

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
Why is it insane to try and have someone I respected understand my point when he is wrongly accusing me of lying?
He doesn’t deserve your respect, Hairblues.
Don't kneel because you feel

User avatar
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 75
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 182
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by White Ferrari » 1 year ago

This is throwback HairLossTalk.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1396
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1961

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

White Ferrari wrote:
1 year ago
This is throwback HairLossTalk.
Stop causing trouble, Tabernacke.
Don't kneel because you feel

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 3859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

I missed the origins of the fight and am behind on this thread, so I don't know who's at fault.

I hope that the fight can be resolved and buried though. This is a young and thus fragile forum, it probably doesn't benefit from core members hating each other. I also don't think that either of you are genuinely bad people. Though as with everybody else, misunderstandings can and do happen.

User avatar
White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 75
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 182
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by White Ferrari » 1 year ago

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
Stop causing trouble, Tabernacke.
Yawn..

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1022
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2665
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
I missed the origins of the fight and am behind on this thread, so I don't know who's at fault.

I hope that the fight can be resolved and buried though. This is a young and thus fragile forum, it probably doesn't benefit from core members hating each other. I also don't think that either of you are genuinely bad people. Though as with everybody else, misunderstandings can and do happen.
We may have the odd argument but no need to worry, I'd never hate her, even in the middle of the argument I'd never think badly of her generally. So like I was saying before, nothing's changed for me, I'm hoping it's the same for her too.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], pjhair, Rudiger and 2 guests