Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

This is a new Peterson interview. Joe Rogan has done a few of them.

I have not watched it yet, but this will most certainly be good to stimulate discussion.

Joe Rogan does a lot of great interviews, I wish that I was organized enough to listen to more of them.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Re: Jordan Peterson's ideas and hair transplant

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

I watched it and for some reason, what struck me the most in this video was this statement by Jordan Peterson:

"Here's a question: why is everybody fat and stupid?"

He never says anything lightly and this is a thought I've had in my mind for a long time now.

I was recently debating with my girlfriend about carb consumption and she's always trying to push me to eat bread, pasta and other carbs. I explain to her that it doesn't agree well with me and I feel much better overall if I cut carbs to a minimum.

And an argument of hers that often comes back is "but everyone is eating lots of bread!" which I see as obliviously digging her own grave. My reply was "oh and everyone, especially older people seem healthy when you walk down the street?!".

Great question of our time that was yet formulated so simply by Peterson. Something's wrong with the current Western diet, and no, it wasn't the (red) meat and the fat. From what I see, most people just can't give up on their damn bread.

My mother is lucky to have a nutritionist who's up to date on the latest research, and guess what, she told her that if she wanted to get back to her ideal weight (25 kg to lose), cutting down on the carbs would most likely do the trick. My mom's reaction? "I just can't do that, I love bread too much!"

She's been trying everything for like 20 years now, and this up there is key, just like it was for Jordan Peterson, his wife and his daughter. Now I'm wondering, is bread so addictive? If so what makes it so? Is it also just the fact that it's easier for people to get or make sandwiches. My guess is that it's pushed on us from all sides so hard that it's almost unavoidable.

When I take my steak with cheese and chicken at work, I get harassed by the waitresses "are you sure that you don't want carbs with that?!" This is a fucking conspiracy :p.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

Anyone knows if Jordan Peterson really had a hair transplant or he just recovered from his autoimmune disease and that did the trick?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

supremegentleman wrote:
1 year ago
Anyone knows if Jordan Peterson really had a hair transplant or he just recovered from his autoimmune disease and that did the trick?
Hair tranplant. I'm even more sure after watching the interview above. He talks about all the benefits of his carnivorous diet but conveniently omits the recovery of his hair line. I guess he classified that hair transplant as a "private matter" which is reasonable. But we're here to expose him :p.

Before:

After:

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Post by supremegentleman » 1 year ago

Can't blame him. Everyone wants to look good and have a full head of hair. I don't understand why people say he violated the 8th rule of his book which was "Tell the truth, or at least don't lie". I haven't seen him lying about his hair. He just doesn't talk about it which is reasonable because what would be the point of telling everyone? And nobody asked him bluntly about his hair yet. He might after all confirm it in some future interview if asked directly.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

Jordan Peterson is a good example of looks maxing. He now wears better clothes, he's lost a lot of weight, he grooms his facial hair, and he's had a hair transplant. It's a huge difference relative to where he was years ago.

The Thirteenth rule: Thou Shalt Looks-Max.

Relative to other male academics, he's very much a Chad. Relative to other men who appear on the Joe Rogan show, he's probably a beta.

For comparison, here's endocrinologist Peter Attia:

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Hairblues » 1 year ago

Jordan Peterson I like some parts hate others

I agree with some basic things he says for younger men especially. Also about people needing to be tolerant of words and lectures etc

BUT I saw him on Bill Maher and found his delivery when talking to Alex Wagner (who was smiling and polite to him, but you could see the rage in her eyes and me personally I would have torn out his tonsils with my teeth) so fucking condescending about being a Mother..I think he realized it after because he had an odd look cross his face.

Let me preface this by saying the whole ‘mansplaining’ thing to me is mostly bullshit...there was some very old men who still might roll their eyes when telling a woman something but not many and most of those people are equally eye rolling when explaining to other men also (i at one time was 1 of 2 females working with over 70 men rarely ever had that feeling ) so for me it’s a lot of BS this term
BUT when I saw him speak to her about herself (a stranger) about mothering—I was like ‘oh wait is that what women mean by mansplaining?’ Because he came off like a condescending tool to me.
Perhaps he talks to men this way also, I don't know.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

This is an Interesting conversation between Bill Maher and Jordan Peterson.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
This is an Interesting conversation between Bill Maher and Jordan Peterson.
Didn't Bill Maher basically say recently that he hopes a recession happens just so he can prove a point and be correct about Trump?

It doesn't get much more evil than that

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
Didn't Bill Maher basically say recently that he hopes a recession happens just so he can prove a point and be correct about Trump?

As much as I hated that he said this, I was glad that he said it, because it represented what a lot of liberals think. The truth is, they actually want America to be a failed state right now, at least the upper middle class and beyond do, so they can feel vindicated.

This one statement represented what a lot of people want to say, but are too afraid to admit it. In the worst possible way. I was never a fan of Trump from the start of his campaign (and I expressed this on HairLossTalk) but in no way did I ever want to hate him so much that America went in to another housing crisis.

I used to actually like Maher once upon a time, and in ways he isn't the worst, but that's changed.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago

he meant a slight recession, not the great depression which some of Trump's critics feel he is putting us on an eventual path too.

not one of his finer moments but that's the beauty if you don't filter yourself, you are sometimes going to put a foot in your mouth out of emotions.

Hairblues
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Its too bad I put up a link of a civil conversation between people on the left and right and you guys are more interested in one dumb thing the guy said instead of the actual conversation they have at this point in time.
And somehow now Bill speaks for all people on the left..(sigh)

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago
Its too bad I put up a link of a civil conversation between people on the left and right and you guys are more interested in one dumb thing the guy said instead of the actual conversation they have at this point in time.
These guys on here seem to have tunnel vision.

I enjoyed that conversation anyway.
Don't kneel because you feel

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Hairblues wrote:
1 year ago

Sorry but I don't like the guy

Not just for this. He's always had a smug arrogant way about him that I find irritating. Also not a fan of his assault on religion and the way he goes about it.

pjhair
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by pjhair » 1 year ago

I think Bill Maher is quite funny and likeable guy. He has good insight on a lot of issues. I don't agree with him when it comes to Trump and I think his comment about economic recession was idiotic. But I do find him reasonable in general. I haven't really followed his work closely so my perspective may be limited.