What would you do if you won the lottery?

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

I'm just gonna break this down, by the way no issue with my ban I understand.
Guest-4 wrote: 1 month ago I wouldn't want to risk my privacy, so I'd try to live the a lifestyle comparable to that of the more fortunate people in my life. Those who received a lot of money from the parents, who married wealthier spouses, etc. By staying within those parameters, my privacy would remain secure. I wouldn't want people to know that I'm secretly rich. I'd make sure that my savings are secure, probably by splitting them up into different countries and locations, and different asset classes.
Being secretive about wealth :thinking:
Guest-4 wrote: 1 month agoI'd help my family in specific ways, such as paying off their mortgages, and paying for the summer camps and daycare of my youngest relatives.

I would get involved with some charities at the volunteer level, so that I could learn more about them, and one day make a more competent decision of who to donate to. I'd mostly focus on charities that help kids, both here and abroad, that get them food, some adult supervision and mentorship, toys, et cetera. For example, there's a martial arts gym near me that gives poor kids/teenagers free lessons if they show that they're doing the homework, and they have volunteer adult tutors there who help them with their homework. I'd look into them, and if they were doing well (probably), I'd donate some money.
Virtue signalling about changing the world for the better so all can see here :think:
Guest-4 wrote: 1 month agoFor health, I'd sign up for a 30-day medically supervised water-only fast. That's expensive, but it has a good chance of helping me and my issues.

For my personal life, I'd move into a better apartment, with more space, nicer furniture, and a nicer kitchen. I'd get a home gym so that I can work out more easily. I'd want a nicer car, but not an amazing car. Think one in the $30,000-$40,000 range. I would place some nice art in my apartment. For example, I'd like a large print from the photographer Philip Mengelsen. I'd buy all my clothes from Italy. I'd stop folding my own laundry.
Humble and stingy and using a mysterious ungooglable photographer "artist" :?
Guest-4 wrote: 1 month agoI'd go on two genuine vacations a year. As in 10-14 days at a time, not flying on the shittiest airline that makes three stops, and then really tuning out everything and focusing on the vacation. For example, 10 days at a ski resort sounds incredible. Skiing is a very challenging, and very expensive, but also a very beautiful sport. I'd like to go to places like Rome, Casablanca, Kyoto, and Jerusalem, and see as much of their history as I can. It is only be spending significant time in a place that one can really know a place.
Jerusalem ey :roll:
Guest-4 wrote: 1 month agoWere i to have children, I'd want them to have some of the things that are great for growing up but are now becoming out of reach to many middle class families as our society declines. That means a home with fancy food, with pets, with access to green space, with trips to sleep away camps, and with opportunities for lessons in music, dance, art, swimming, tennis, etc, whatever they ended up liking. I'd limit their access to digital screens. Kids are now growing up on screens, and thus necessarily reading less and doing fewer sports, because the screens are addictive, and because parents have little time since they are being strained in every direction. I'd have the resources to lessen that strain. My wife would have the option of working less if she wanted it.
Those things are readily available if you aren't confined to box apartment liberal shit holes :| (but I'm not encouraging you to move away and spoil other states with your vote)

And even the suggestion of this feminist bullshit of letting a wife stay working while you have practically infinite wealth instead of insisting she nurtures her children = pointless and intentional destruction of the nuclear family
Guest-4 wrote: 1 month agoFor investments, I'd mostly buy index funds. I'd probably buy some stock in Netflix, for example, as they almost certainly have a very prosperous future as the one remaining American studio of note that actually cares about stories and ideas.
Even quora still leaves up questions about how woke propaganda Netflix is xD you're a parody of yourself
Guest-4 wrote: 1 month agoMoney doesn't buy happiness, but it goes a long fucking away. It helps neutralize or eliminate those threats that can hamper happiness, such as economic anxiety, insecurity, inability to maintain one's health, et cetera. Eliminating those is helpful, but it's ultimately important to be able to remain challenged in life, and to overcome challenges. I would definitely still keep working, but I'd do so with a longer-term view, focused on a smaller number of greater challenges.
I find it absolutely bizarre how much thought you put in to this. And you actually think money will go a long way to making you happy.

And you become a Guest which is ridiculous generally, so as a standpoint that you're definitely no longer affiliated with this site, ok that's bad enough.

...but then you just post again anyway?! As if nothing happened? It's just shameful.
Look, fat...

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote: 1 month ago
I find it absolutely bizarre how much thought you put in to this. And you actually think money will go a long way to making you happy.

And you become a Guest which is ridiculous generally, so as a standpoint that you're definitely no longer affiliated with this site, ok that's bad enough.

...but then you just post again anyway?! As if nothing happened? It's just shameful.
wait how is it bizarre to put a lot of thought into what you would do with a lot of money? fantasizing about the lottery and what you would do after is like one of the most common fantasies. "you actually think money will go a long way to making you happy?" what do you mean?

as for what i would do, i would do the thing where you put it in a savings account and get enough interest yearly to live on. i'm no finance expert but just going by the beginning example in this article,https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/05 ... erest.aspx, if i put all 100 million in a savings account with 4% interest rate i'll make 4 million a year. :pepe-happy:

I'd get a top of the line prototype 8K resolution + wall sized tv, ultraportable gaming laptop with the upcoming 3080 ti and other overkill specs ( i don't even game much nowadays but i just wanna see how good 4k 120 FPS gaming on a huge super good tv looks), move to a high income safe 99+% white area, chaffeur and a luxury vehicle like a chrysler 300 or lincoln, get a nice modern environmentally friendly home with tons of security features like safety glass and full time guards and surveillance cameras and motion lights, servants so i don't have to do any housework, get a bodyguard and EMS entourage out of pure paranoia, and of course quitting my job goes without saying.

i'd also get a fitness trainer and dietitian to make sure i'm healthy as possible. also along those lines pay to have my body and brain cryogenically preserved after death.

i'd travel to new york city, los angeles, amsterdam, new england countryside, Indonesia, and the UK. And since i'm scared to get on a plane I'd do it all by boat lol.

as for non selfish desires i'd pay for my family and some friends to either stop working or move them to nicer places and what not. i'd donate to animal and africa charities, as well as to baldness, AI, and VR research. i'd try bribing google and the government and shit to see all the cool latest secret shit they're working on. who knows, maybe some area 51 guard will crack lmao.

i've spent way too much time planning what i'd do in this situation. i came prepared :lol:

this is just the beginning, give me a few days to mull it over and i'll ad to this post :smirk:

EDIT - how the fuck did i forget hair transplant. its so on the nose it goes without saying so i didnt care to say it lol. obviously first thing i get.
Last edited by Exodus 1 month ago, edited 5 times in total.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Exodus wrote: 1 month ago wait how is it bizarre to put a lot of thought into what you would do with a lot of money? fantasizing about the lottery and what you would do after is like one of the most common fantasies. "you actually think money will go a long way to making you happy?" what do you mean?
It is indeed common, and bizarre, at least in the Western world. I was confused that someone who seems to have a STEM background could really put so much pointless thought in to something ineffective to their happiness.

It's literally a meme how badly every day folk who win the lottery do with their life after, they are emotional wrecks. If you actually think millions of dollars will somehow change who you are, if you're not doing slave labour in Cambodia, you will be sadly mistaken.
Look, fat...

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote: 1 month ago It is indeed common, and bizarre, at least in the Western world. I was confused that someone who seems to have a STEM background could really put so much pointless thought in to something ineffective to their happiness.

It's literally a meme how badly every day folk who win the lottery do with their life after, they are emotional wrecks. If you actually think millions of dollars will somehow change who you are, if you're not doing slave labour in Cambodia, you will be sadly mistaken.
yea i've heard about how badly people do after winning the lottery but i figured a lot of that was to do with peoples attitudes changing towards them. they probably get flooded with people looking for handouts, friends getting jealous and gold diggers seeking them out and all that. I don't know not having to work and not having to worry about finances does go a long way to being happy though, at the least it enables it

they asked jk rowling what the best thing all her billions got her and she said not having to worry about money in the first place. especially for us barely functional/borderline disabled people who can hardly work, this would be a huge boon.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote: 1 month ago It is indeed common, and bizarre, at least in the Western world. I was confused that someone who seems to have a STEM background could really put so much pointless thought in to something ineffective to their happiness.

Again, this and the stuff you quoted and got downvoted on, is literally because he is Jewish.

Every Jew, except some of the women, I've met are obsessed with money and think about it and being rich all the time. It was one of the redpills for me.

I had a Jewish friend — I called him a "friend" until he stole from me — who told me that he wanted to be rich. I was baffled at first. Like it was the craziest thing: I don't remember how the conversation initially came up, but I asked what he'd do if he ever did get rich and he just said "Whatever I want." and I'm like "Yeah bro, but WHAT do you want!?" and he just didn't know. He just knew he wanted money.

and he would work, and I think he still is, 16 hour days six days a week in the hopes of being rich for some reason even he doesn't understand.

and he found that me not wanting or caring about being rich equally baffling.

Wire
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote: 1 month ago It's literally a meme how badly every day folk who win the lottery do with their life after, they are emotional wrecks..
SOME people don't do well after winning (and that gets reported, I wonder why :roll: ), but many do.
Also, afro is not everyday folk.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women

Post by Xexos » 1 month ago

That Guy wrote: 1 month ago Every Jew, except some of the women, I've met are obsessed with money and think about it and being rich all the time. It was one of the redpills for me.

I had a Jewish friend — I called him a "friend" until he stole from me — who told me that he wanted to be rich. I was baffled at first. Like it was the craziest thing: I don't remember how the conversation initially came up, but I asked what he'd do if he ever did get rich and he just said "Whatever I want." and I'm like "Yeah bro, but WHAT do you want!?" and he just didn't know. He just knew he wanted money.

and he would work, and I think he still is, 16 hour days six days a week in the hopes of being rich for some reason even he doesn't understand.

and he found that me not wanting or caring about being rich equally baffling.
You have to give credit to the Jews though. They're wise and smart to know that money is power and they've worked extremely hard together for literally centuries to reach where they're now.
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

@Rudiger

I don't understand why you hate @Guest-4 so much.

Can't you just leave him alone?

Added in 2 minutes 35 seconds:
@That Guy

Lots of heterosexual people get HIV. Look at Magic Johnson, for example.

All you have to do is touch something with HIV blood in it.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

That Guy wrote: 1 month ago "
Lmao wtf does this have to do with HIV?

Don't be a degenerate. Don't be a fag. Don't be a coalburner and you won't get HIV.
So in other words; be a miserable sexless self loathing "wholesome" member of society.

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
rclark wrote: 1 month ago Lots of heterosexual people get HIV. Look at Magic Johnson, for example.

All you have to do is touch something with HIV blood in it.
Don't cloud his sunshine ☀
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 1 month ago

hair transplant, fillers, skin products, plastic surgery, private island, guards, and a fleet of boats, private jets, and shitty beater cars because i dont care for cars