What would you do if you won the lottery?

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women

Post by Xexos » 1 month ago

Congratulations, a month ago it was revealed that you won the state lottery and after cutting the taxes and everything and going with the lump sum route, you have $100 million in your bank account. You already hired a top-tier attorney, you changed everything in your life to maintain privacy and avoid publicity, and now you're free to do as you desire.

What will you spend your money on from now? Will you invest or just keep spending from the money until you die? Will you move out of your country or keep living there or travel around the world? How will you spend that money in the wisest, smartest way you can to gain maximum satisfaction from it?
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Firstly I would help out the family and make sure they are set for life. Then I would indulge myself in all the earthly pleasures available.
I would buy two houses, a better one in my local area and one on the North Shore of O'ahu, Hawaii near Waimea Bay.
I would split time between these two places never having to work again.

I would also pay for a lot more sex, including some full-on hardcore lesbian shows.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

mombaska
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: Diffuse hair loss, quickly evolving to a NW5 - No regimen (previously minoxidil, starting it again)

Post by mombaska » 1 month ago

I would recruit all the best scientist and create a lab to find a cure for baldness, so that before I die, I know that I saved millions of souls

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 month ago

For myself, I'd buy a rural or semi-rural property in Europe somewhere. I'd maybe also put some money in the future Tsuji fund.

If she were still alive, I'd have spent some to send my maternal great grandmother on a trip to see the ocean; as was always her dream.

I'd also spend some to pay for a one-way trip for Admin and BlackG to Liberia.

But yeah, other than that — mostly just looking after family and putting the rest away for future generations.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

That Guy wrote: 1 month ago If she were still alive, I'd have spent some to send my maternal great grandmother on a trip to see the ocean; as was always her dream.
That's actually sad, why couldn't she see the ocean when she was alive?
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

I know money wouldn't change politicians minds, especially ones who are in the background
and taking bribes, but I would try to end declawing in the United States.

At the very least, I would be able to publicly humiliate them, or I should say the money would.

I would probably be killed for the money, so whatever I did, I would have to do it fast.

After over ten years of fighting a law that has been made illegal in several countries (Brazil,
two provinces in Canada), it has only succeeded in one out of fifty states in the United States.
New York did it after four years, and the person who made the law bragged about it, and made
the senior politicians look very bad. In other words, the chances of getting it passed again are
about zero at this point.

There's always going to be cancer, a virus death, and of course side effects from age. Nothing is
going to change that.

It is simply because there are a lot more vocal people who are pro declaw, and more people
can bribe more politicians.

It sounds very stupid, and maybe it is.

I wouldn't waste it on a corona virus cure, because people are too stubborn to wear masks. So,
even if I wear a mask, someone is going to cough on me with some damn virus, and make me sick.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

rclark wrote: 1 month ago I would probably be killed for the money, so whatever I did, I would have to do it fast.
This is a good point.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 1 month ago

Xexos wrote: 1 month ago Congratulations, a month ago it was revealed that you won the state lottery and after cutting the taxes and everything and going with the lump sum route, you have $100 million in your bank account. You already hired a top-tier attorney, you changed everything in your life to maintain privacy and avoid publicity, and now you're free to do as you desire.

What will you spend your money on from now? Will you invest or just keep spending from the money until you die? Will you move out of your country or keep living there or travel around the world? How will you spend that money in the wisest, smartest way you can to gain maximum satisfaction from it?
I wouldn't want to risk my privacy, so I'd try to live the a lifestyle comparable to that of the more fortunate people in my life. Those who received a lot of money from the parents, who married wealthier spouses, etc. By staying within those parameters, my privacy would remain secure. I wouldn't want people to know that I'm secretly rich. I'd make sure that my savings are secure, probably by splitting them up into different countries and locations, and different asset classes.

I'd help my family in specific ways, such as paying off their mortgages, and paying for the summer camps and daycare of my youngest relatives.

I would get involved with some charities at the volunteer level, so that I could learn more about them, and one day make a more competent decision of who to donate to. I'd mostly focus on charities that help kids, both here and abroad, that get them food, some adult supervision and mentorship, toys, et cetera. For example, there's a martial arts gym near me that gives poor kids/teenagers free lessons if they show that they're doing the homework, and they have volunteer adult tutors there who help them with their homework. I'd look into them, and if they were doing well (probably), I'd donate some money.

For health, I'd sign up for a 30-day medically supervised water-only fast. That's expensive, but it has a good chance of helping me and my issues.

For my personal life, I'd move into a better apartment, with more space, nicer furniture, and a nicer kitchen. I'd get a home gym so that I can work out more easily. I'd want a nicer car, but not an amazing car. Think one in the $30,000-$40,000 range. I would place some nice art in my apartment. For example, I'd like a large print from the photographer Philip Mengelsen. I'd buy all my clothes from Italy. I'd stop folding my own laundry.

I'd go on two genuine vacations a year. As in 10-14 days at a time, not flying on the shittiest airline that makes three stops, and then really tuning out everything and focusing on the vacation. For example, 10 days at a ski resort sounds incredible. Skiing is a very challenging, and very expensive, but also a very beautiful sport. I'd like to go to places like Rome, Casablanca, Kyoto, and Jerusalem, and see as much of their history as I can. It is only be spending significant time in a place that one can really know a place.

Were i to have children, I'd want them to have some of the things that are great for growing up but are now becoming out of reach to many middle class families as our society declines. That means a home with fancy food, with pets, with access to green space, with trips to sleep away camps, and with opportunities for lessons in music, dance, art, swimming, tennis, etc, whatever they ended up liking. I'd limit their access to digital screens. Kids are now growing up on screens, and thus necessarily reading less and doing fewer sports, because the screens are addictive, and because parents have little time since they are being strained in every direction. I'd have the resources to lessen that strain. My wife would have the option of working less if she wanted it.

For investments, I'd mostly buy index funds. I'd probably buy some stock in Netflix, for example, as they almost certainly have a very prosperous future as the one remaining American studio of note that actually cares about stories and ideas.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it goes a long fucking away. It helps neutralize or eliminate those threats that can hamper happiness, such as economic anxiety, insecurity, inability to maintain one's health, et cetera. Eliminating those is helpful, but it's ultimately important to be able to remain challenged in life, and to overcome challenges. I would definitely still keep working, but I'd do so with a longer-term view, focused on a smaller number of greater challenges.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 month ago

Rolls Royce demolition derby... every day until I run out of the $100 million.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

Guest-4 wrote: 1 month ago
Were i to have children, I'd want them to have some of the things that are great for growing up but are now becoming out of reach to many middle class families as our society declines. That means a home with fancy food, with pets, with access to green space, with trips to sleep away camps, and with opportunities for lessons in music, dance, art, swimming, tennis, etc, whatever they ended up liking. I'd limit their access to digital screens. Kids are now growing up on screens, and thus necessarily reading less and doing fewer sports, because the screens are addictive, and because parents have little time since they are being strained in every direction. I'd have the resources to lessen that strain. My wife would have the option of working less if she wanted it.

Screen time for young children under the age of three changes their brains, and not in positive ways.

It really would be nice for people to spend time with their kids, and video games are just an escape. It is kind of unavoidable for kids born in
this generation though.

Pat
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 1 month ago

I'd bet it on red.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Pat wrote: 1 month agoI'd bet it on red.
The entertainment sucked in the 1980s.

There were still the same dangers (drugs). And by the time I became a teenager, HIV was the
"coronavirus" of the late 1980s, 1990s.

In other words, your chance of having a normal sexual relationship with someone your age, was slim.

There was nothing to record television shows. There were no DVDs.

If you missed your favorite show, favorite season, guess what, you waited years until there were reruns
on television (before cable, which was 1981 in the United States).

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 1 month ago

Guest-4 wrote: 1 month ago Were i to have children, I'd want them to have some of the things that are great for growing up but are now becoming out of reach to many middle class families as our society declines.
"Our"

It's good that you're finally admitting the decline though. Baby steps.
rclark wrote: 1 month ago There were still the same dangers (drugs). And by the time I became a teenager, HIV was the
"coronavirus" of the late 1980s, 1990s.
The difference is that HIV was and is very real, where as Coronavirus is the biggest hoax in history. It's surpassed the Lolocaust by now.
rclark wrote: 1 month ago There was nothing to record television shows. There were no DVDs.

If you missed your favorite show, favorite season, guess what, you waited years until there were reruns
on television (before cable, which was 1981 in the United States).
The horror!
rclark wrote: 1 month ago In other words, your chance of having a normal sexual relationship with someone your age, was slim.
Lmao wtf does this have to do with HIV?

Don't be a degenerate. Don't be a fag. Don't be a coalburner and you won't get HIV.

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/racialeth ... index.html

Easy peasy.

Further I don't believe that "having a normal sexual relationship with someone your age" was "slim". You boomers had absolutely no trouble finding wives and getting married. Many times over.

God knows you've been through enough of them; more than any other generation in history. How many "wife swapping" parties did you attend in the 70s?
rclark wrote: 1 month ago Screen time for young children under the age of three changes their brains, and not in positive ways.

It really would be nice for people to spend time with their kids, and video games are just an escape. It is kind of unavoidable for kids born in
this generation though.
Fuck, we finally agree on something.
Xexos wrote: 1 month ago That's actually sad, why couldn't she see the ocean when she was alive?
She was from the middle of Canada; no water around. Her husband was in the army and he wound up (as many did back then) a violent alcoholic and she was left ostensibly on her own to raise 4 kids. When he wasn't beating her, he was just running around cheating on her, but she wouldn't leave him because Christian bullshit, and he wasn't going to take her on any vacations. Couldn't drive and none of her selfish boomer kids could be bothered to take her.

She died of breast cancer when my mom was a kid.

Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

That Guy wrote: 1 month ago She was from the middle of Canada; no water around. Her husband was in the army and he wound up (as many did back then) a violent alcoholic and she was left ostensibly on her own to raise 4 kids. When he wasn't beating her, he was just running around cheating on her, but she wouldn't leave him because Christian bullshit, and he wasn't going to take her on any vacations. Couldn't drive and none of her selfish boomer kids could be bothered to take her.

She was unlucky to have such a subhuman husband and kids, she certainly deserved better.

Here's a blackpill by the way:

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

That Guy wrote: 1 month ago "Our"

It's good that you're finally admitting the decline though. Baby steps.

The difference is that HIV was and is very real, where as Coronavirus is the biggest hoax in history. It's surpassed the Lolocaust by now.

The horror!

Lmao wtf does this have to do with HIV?

Don't be a degenerate. Don't be a fag. Don't be a coalburner and you won't get HIV.

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/racialeth ... index.html

Easy peasy.

Further I don't believe that "having a normal sexual relationship with someone your age" was "slim". You boomers had absolutely no trouble finding wives and getting married. Many times over.

God knows you've been through enough of them; more than any other generation in history. How many "wife swapping" parties did you attend in the 70s?

Fuck, we finally agree on something.

She was from the middle of Canada; no water around. Her husband was in the army and he wound up (as many did back then) a violent alcoholic and she was left ostensibly on her own to raise 4 kids. When he wasn't beating her, he was just running around cheating on her, but she wouldn't leave him because Christian bullshit, and he wasn't going to take her on any vacations. Couldn't drive and none of her selfish boomer kids could be bothered to take her.

You need to do some research before posting.

I am generation X, not a baby boomer. Get your generations straight.

Second of all, how can you pretend to understand the 1980s?