Riots spreading across the United States

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Post by Wire » 1 month ago

@Admin I made a post on this thread, but I do not see it. This happened right when I posted.
However, it appears in my profile, see attached pic
im.png
im.png (98.87 KiB) Viewed 3493 times
Is the post visible to others?

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

Blackg isnt evil - I think he just uses this place as a time killer.

In general, he doesnt have strong opinions on anything. I think sometimes he trolls lightly but I dont think he's ever acted vindictivly towards another poster.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Okay, some things need to be cleared up.

I am not supporting the murder of George Floyd.
What I'm supporting is the concept that policing is a tough job where decisions have to be made on the spur of the moment and under constant threat to the physical safety of police officers.
One wrong move, one slow reaction-time decision could cost you your life. It could also cost the life of a member of the public.

This needs to be factored into the arrest of Georgia Floyd as I believe the arresting officer may have been intimated by the size of Mr. Floyd.
And considering fact the Mr. Floyd decided to drop to the ground and become obstinate clearly affected the actions of this officer.
This officer was most likely afraid that this man would raise up and become violent, as has happened to all police officers many times in the past.
Unfortunately I think the officer had a mindset of dominate or be dominated.
This is real life, people. These scenarios play themselves out on a nightly bases in major American cities.
These are the officers keeping you safely sleeping in your beds at night!!

Unfortunately this time it has cost the life of a legitimate suspect. And he was a suspect, that's not disputed.

I'll ask this question again: why didn't he just get in the car???
No one wants to answer this question as they prefer to see the police as racist and the victim as... well, just a victim.

These scenarios require nuance.
Something lost on all the opportunistic looters around the U.S. at the moment. Those who are listening to their worst angels and blindy acting-out like there is no tomorrow.
They are ruining people's lives as we speak.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
What I'm supporting is the concept that policing is a tough job where decisions have to be made on the spur of the moment and under constant threat to the physical safety of police officers.
One wrong move, one slow reaction-time decision could cost you your life. It could also cost the life of a member of the public.
Sure, I think many people support the above. But you must be describing a different incident, like the one in south side Chicago you imagined, not this real one in Minneapolis. In this one, the man was handcuffed and subdued (yes, after not entering a police car. But not by any account after attacking or harming an officer, and with no weapon. Doesn't matter once he is subdued, anyway.) In this one, there were four police officers hovering over a handcuffed man pressed onto concrete, while an officer pressed his knee into the man's neck for over 8 minutes, motionless and begging for his life, until he died. While nearby onlookers screamed. In this one, the organizations representing police and police chiefs, which would not hesitate to defend an officer or officers they believed to be innocent, and are certianly not gullible "comfortable whites" as you put it, are not jumping to support the officers:

“The death of Mr. Floyd is deeply disturbing and should be of concern to all Americans... The officers’ actions are inconsistent with the training and protocols of our profession and MCCA commends Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo for his swift and decisive action to terminate the employment of the officers involved.”
- Major Cities Chiefs

Are the police policing themselves and coming to the wrong conclusion, while somehow you're not armchair quarterbacking but disagreeing with them?

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
Sure, I think many people support the above. But you must be describing a different incident, like the one in south side Chicago you imagined, not this real one in Minneapolis. In this one, the man was handcuffed and subdued (yes, after not entering a police car. But not by any account after attacking or harming an officer, and with no weapon. Doesn't matter once he is subdued, anyway.) In this one, there were four police officers hovering over a handcuffed man pressed onto concrete, while an officer pressed his knee into the man's neck for over 8 minutes, motionless and begging for his life, until he died. While nearby onlookers screamed. In this one, the organizations representing police and police chiefs, which would not hesitate to defend an officer or officers they believed to be innocent, and are certianly not gullible "comfortable whites" as you put it, are not jumping to support the officers:

“The death of Mr. Floyd is deeply disturbing and should be of concern to all Americans... The officers’ actions are inconsistent with the training and protocols of our profession and MCCA commends Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo for his swift and decisive action to terminate the employment of the officers involved.”
- Major Cities Chiefs

Are the police policing themselves and coming to the wrong conclusion, while somehow you're not armchair quarterbacking but disagreeing with them?
Fair point. But let's shift the goalposts to looting taking place.
This is outright anarchy, not a legitimate protest.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Fair point. But let's shift the goalposts to looting taking place.
This is outright anarchy, not a legitimate protest.
OK, goalposts shifted!

Yeah it's total anarchy. I know we all could argue forever about who is responsible, the causes, the performance of the president during this crisis, etc. And not move each others' positions one iota after expending a great deal of energy, LOL. So I'll just say simply... I think it's a poor performance by pretty much everyone (police, prez, some on the right and left) besides the legitimate and peaceful protesters who I support and in my opinion have every right to do what they're doing. And there are a great deal of them. But otherwise there are bad actors all around. The looting is horrendous and clearly widespread, there are likely troublemakers/infiltrators from both right and left there to stir up trouble or maybe even try to instigate the fabled "race war" that some crave so much, there's no leadership, just anarchy and chaos. The USA is utterly swamped by the virus, chaos and probably 20%+ unemployment. Most of the Americans I know are very concerned by all of it, to put it mildly. A real low point for the country.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 1 month ago

Wire wrote:
1 month ago
@Admin I made a post on this thread, but I do not see it. This happened right when I posted.
However, it appears in my profile, see attached pic

im.png

Is the post visible to others?
I moved the post to another topic and then back to this one. Now it appears.

It's the first time I see that bug occur :eh:.
:christian-cross:

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago

- Major Cities Chiefs

Exactly!

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 1 month ago

More on Trump's America:

But hey, the memes are funny !
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
More on Trump's America:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/atlanta-polic ... k0mScnGfSU

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
More on Trump's America:

At 9:13 PM a curfew is called for 9PM. Since the curfew is called after the curfew has already started that means that people were already out-and-about just living their lives at the time the curfew was called. People out-and-about didn't even know a curfew had been called and then this shit happens.

The people in that car obviously aren't causing trouble. They're just trying to drive to somewhere so why don't the cops just let them leave?

Those cops look dangerous.

This is brutal to watch. Those cops belong in jail.

A lot of the blame lies at the feet of whoever called a 9 PM curfew at 9:13 PM. If you call a curfew AFTER it's already started of course you're going to have cops rounding up innocent people who are already out-and-about and don't even know there's a curfew. But the cops are also to blame for using excessive forces.

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 1 month ago

Both police culture and black culture are to blame. Many times blacks instigate and don't cooperate with police, however police often use excessive force on blacks as well. it's a vicious cycle, each of them getting revenge on each other.

It's impossible to excuse what this cop did to Floyd though . He was laying face down on the ground AND handcuffed?! no justification to keep trying to subdue him . . . Not saying this Floyd was innocent, and most of these guys are far from innocent but it's not the cops job to punish them. police are there to ensure safety, not to hurt bad guys. and police should always err on the side of not enough force. if they die they die, it's part of what they signed up for. they shouldn't expect untrained civilians to bend over backwards not to get killed.

And I don't have any real evidence but I think authoritarian insecure types have a tendency to join law enforcement for the power trip. They definitely need to do more thorough psychological evaluations for officers.

There wouldn't be any of these cases if blacks didn't commit so much crime though, like when half of the crime is committed by 13% of the population this is bound to happen. the SJW brigade crucifies you if you bring it up, even when mentioned as a legitimate issue rather than joking about the 13/50 meme. With that kind of censorship and no indications of lowering crime or increasing incomes I don't see African Americans improving any in the near future. It's pretty sad when you stop and think about it.

Like yeah I get that as a whole they were born and raised in these bad areas because of no passed down wealth from the days of segregation and slavery but that doesn't excuse their bad behavior or entitle them to handouts. and vast majority of whites haven't done anything to deserve their rage, it's just the few bad apples they should direct their rage at.

It's on them to improve or not. There's a lot of people who are poor and work to become wealthy despite the inherent difficulty of it.

Added in 11 minutes 15 seconds:
making another post since previous was getting too long.

I don't know what the answer is , but I lean towards disarming both the public and standard police officers (while leaving armed response units as a backup for needed cases of course just like they're doing in the United kingdom). police need to have less of a soldier culture and more of a public servant/peaceful negotiator culture, just like their motto says

I trust neither the masses nor organized forces like the government with guns. At least with the government though there's ways to track that stuff.

I want to say increased surveillance but not the big brother kind, more like required full HD and up resolution body cams on all officers. Although big brother type surveillance would definitely lower crime lol.

black ghetto culture is much harder beast to take on. it's much more systemic and of course can't be voted on or publically changed like police culture. I have no clue where to start with that one. probably will have to take years and years of virtous cycles of successful blacks providing role models and promoting a culture of wanting to be like that instead of the latest thug rapper lol.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Exodus wrote:
1 month ago
Both police culture and black culture are to blame. Many times blacks instigate and don't cooperate with police, however police often use excessive force on blacks as well. it's a vicious cycle, each of them getting revenge on each other.

It's impossible to excuse what this cop did to Floyd though . He was laying face down on the ground AND handcuffed?! no justification to keep trying to subdue him . . . Not saying this Floyd was innocent, and most of these guys are far from innocent but it's not the cops job to punish them. police are there to ensure safety, not to hurt bad guys. and police should always err on the side of not enough force. if they die they die, it's part of what they signed up for. they shouldn't expect untrained civilians to bend over backwards not to get killed.

And I don't have any real evidence but I think authoritarian insecure types have a tendency to join law enforcement for the power trip. They definitely need to do more thorough psychological evaluations for officers.

There wouldn't be any of these cases if blacks didn't commit so much crime though, like when half of the crime is committed by 13% of the population this is bound to happen. the SJW brigade crucifies you if you bring it up, even when mentioned as a legitimate issue rather than joking about the 13/50 meme. With that kind of censorship and no indications of lowering crime or increasing incomes I don't see African Americans improving any in the near future. It's pretty sad when you stop and think about it.

Like yeah I get that as a whole they were born and raised in these bad areas because of no passed down wealth from the days of segregation and slavery but that doesn't excuse their bad behavior or entitle them to handouts. and vast majority of whites haven't done anything to deserve their rage, it's just the few bad apples they should direct their rage at.

It's on them to improve or not. There's a lot of people who are poor and work to become wealthy despite the inherent difficulty of it.
"This could happen to any of us! I have a son and every day I fear it could happen to him!!!!"

Well there's a pretty slim chance if he doesn't try using counterfeit notes and berating cashier's while clearly out of his mind drunk and meth'd to the eyeballs, and then attempts to get in his car to drive around fucked up in the community they keep saying he "loves" so much.

It actually was pissing me off when people were questioning the brutality (very few people, contrarian idiots like cuckg), or "we don't know anything until all the details come out", which equals "this doesn't fit my agenda so I'll stall on admitting fault for as long as possible and hopefully it'll be forgotten lol", it's also basically saying we aren't allowed to have opinions on a very clear circumstance (with relation to kneeling on a neck for 9mins and long after the Floyd was unresponsive, I don't mean the build up to it)

But not only is it braindead, the main reason it's annoying is that it's killed the discussion as to why this happened in the first place. There's no question he shouldn't have died and all 4 cops should face this seriously and undoubtedly face jail time, but is George Floyd a martyr?

Cops or white supremacists aren't "hunting" people, practically every case of "police brutality" have come as a result of black people committing crimes.
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Police brutality is quite often a reaction to, and an attempt to police, community brutality.

Black on black crime is real and it falls silently on the SJW look at me moralist.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
"This could happen to any of us! I have a son and every day I fear it could happen to him!!!!"

Well there's a pretty slim chance if he doesn't try using counterfeit notes and berating cashier's while clearly out of his mind drunk and meth'd to the eyeballs, and then attempts to get in his car to drive around fucked up in the community they keep saying he "loves" so much.

It actually was pissing me off when people were questioning the brutality (very few people, contrarian idiots like cuckg), or "we don't know anything until all the details come out", which equals "this doesn't fit my agenda so I'll stall on admitting fault for as long as possible and hopefully it'll be forgotten lol", it's also basically saying we aren't allowed to have opinions on a very clear circumstance (with relation to kneeling on a neck for 9mins and long after the Floyd was unresponsive, I don't mean the build up to it)

But not only is it braindead, the main reason it's annoying is that it's killed the discussion as to why this happened in the first place. There's no question he shouldn't have died and all 4 cops should face this seriously and undoubtedly face jail time, but is George Floyd a martyr?

Cops or white supremacists aren't "hunting" people, practically every case of "police brutality" have come as a result of black people committing crimes.
Its his fault he put himself in a position where he was in serious danger, its the cop and the onlooking cops fault for his death. I honestly don't know what Blackg was smoking.

His death aside, the resulting riots are disgusting and have nothing to do with the death. There are more whites killed by black on white violence than unarmed blacks ever killed by a police officer. Where are the riots for whites killed by police in similar circumstances, or the random acts of crime that are statistically three times or more likely to occur because of a black person, specifically black man? Nor do the left give a shit about the black on black crime.

This perfectly encapsulates how the left currently care about nothing other than looking for the next issue to hop on and hypocritically moralise over. The one thing I agree with NiggerG on is that police actions are to some degree a result of the community they reside in, higher statistical levels of black violence and the physical threat they have an advantage in over the majority of white people are going to result in being jumpier towards black people. A country with such common violence and extremist political rhetoric where everyone is armed is a much scarier environment for a cop. There have been comments recently on twitter explicitly saying it is ok to harm cops, all cops are bad in those literal terms and they get hundreds of thousands of likes.