Riots spreading across the United States

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 478
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 897
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

Riots spreading across the United States

#24167

Post by Wire » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Need I remind you that Floyd was 6-foot-6, had an athletic build and towerd over the officers?
This is not insignificant as police are human too and once their fear responses kick in can easily overreact.
This is extremely important.

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 641
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1847
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Riots spreading across the United States

#24168

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Could it be argued that the office had to use that much force for the sake of keeping a larger man pinned down?
The video speaks for itself. The guy isn't fighting, he's begging and dying. And then he died.

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 407
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 769

Riots spreading across the United States

#24169

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
The video speaks for itself. The guy isn't fighting, he's begging and dying. And then he died.
This is literally the only online group where i've seen people try and defend the cop

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 988
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 744
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Riots spreading across the United States

#24170

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Could it be argued that the office had to use that much force for the sake of keeping a larger man pinned down?
It could, if there's evidence that the man was fighting. And I don't mean struggling; I mean actual fighting. And even if evidence shows the victim was fighting there would still be the issue that the policeman chose pinning the guy down by the neck to subdue him. That raises the issue that there may have been safer ways to subdue the man. And there's also the issue of whether or not the policeman needed to keep pressure on the man's neck as long as he did. All of that will be examined. I think right now it looks like that policeman is in deep doo doo.
Last edited by nameless 1 month ago, edited 3 times in total.

C4L
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 286
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 588
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: none
Location: India
Age: 40

Riots spreading across the United States

#24171

Post by C4L » 1 month ago

They need great upheavals — we need a great America!

Stand your ground, arm yourself.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 988
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 744
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Riots spreading across the United States

#24173

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

C4L wrote:
1 month ago
They need great upheavals — we need a great America!

Stand your ground, arm yourself.
So who's side are you picking in this latest upheaval?

I'll tell you that this time I'm on the protesters side, but evidence could change my mind.

That having been said, as things stand now i can understand African Americans being angry about the 2 present situations (Aubrey and Floyd) but I don't approve of violence at this point. They should give the system a chance to play out to see if the result is fair. I think they think that ALL recent past cases have gone unfairly against them but I disagree with that sentiment. I think that the Zimmerman/Martin matter ended up fairly and I think the Michael Brown matter ended up fairly. I think African Americans are sometimes thinking that they've been done wrong when they haven't been done wrong. So far, in these 2 cases, I think they have been done wrong and unless some dramatic evidence shows otherwise I think that these cases are going to play out almost exactly as African Americans want them too. to be honest so far the evidence looks like slam-dunk cases against the people who killed these 2 black men.

What do you think?

C4L
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 286
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 588
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: none
Location: India
Age: 40

Riots spreading across the United States

#24174

Post by C4L » 1 month ago

nameless wrote:
1 month ago
So who's side are you picking in this latest upheaval?

I'll tell you that this time I'm on the protesters side, but evidence could change my mind.

That having been said, as things stand now i can understand African Americans being angry about the 2 present situations (Aubrey and Floyd) but I don't approve of violence at this point. They should give the system a chance to play out to see if the result is fair. I think they think that ALL recent past cases have gone unfairly against them but I disagree with that sentiment. I think that the Zimmerman/Martin matter ended up fairly and I think the Michael Brown matter ended up fairly. I think African Americans are sometimes thinking that they've been done wrong when they haven't been done wrong. So far, in these 2 cases, I think they have been done wrong and unless some dramatic evidence shows otherwise I think that these cases are going to play out almost exactly as African Americans want them too. to be honest so far the evidence looks like slam-dunk cases against the people who killed these 2 black men.

What do you think?
I support both sides. Let them fight until the last survivor!
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2021
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5139
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Riots spreading across the United States

#24175

Post by Admin » 1 month ago

I'm on these two people's side:

:christian-cross:

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 641
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1847
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Riots spreading across the United States

#24177

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

Admin wrote:
1 month ago
I'm on these two people's side:
I am too, absolutely. Hard not to be.

The comment by the video references a lack of fathers. Extremely important. But not every cop is like this guy. Many or most are, and they're heroes. But it is absolutely a real mix, there are people who get involved with law enforcement for reasons other than wanting to help. Maybe in the US it's more of a mix than in other places, I don't know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tests.html

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2182
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4045

Riots spreading across the United States

#24178

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Not really. They're not taught to kneel on someones neck for 9 minutes.

Its either incompetence, negligence, or malice.

I'm not sure which is worse.
One thing I've tried not to be in life is an "armchair" anything.
Meaning I try not to be an armchair quarterback, an armchair politician, an armchair policeman etc..

Try spending a night patrolling the south side of Chicago and then tell me how effective your by-the-book policing is.

Added in 41 minutes 42 seconds:
Im pretty sure this guy was just acting out. Meaning: the cowd in front of him where most likely calling him a "raaacist pig", the usual sloganeering that passes for commentary at these gatherings.
Simply descriptions fit for the angry. It's easy rebellion.

This officer most likely had enough and decided to give these wanna-be-revolutionaries what they asked for.
Last edited by blackg 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 641
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1847
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Riots spreading across the United States

#24182

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Im pretty sure this guy was just acting out.
Why bother saying you're not an "armchair" anything, then? That means you're not making judgements without direct personal experience in the matter. But you are making clear judgements, you're clearly defending the cop that killed the man, and clearly defending the other cop by imagining a likely innocent reason for giving that sign. You're being an armchair cop by deeming all of this police conduct acceptable.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2182
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4045

Riots spreading across the United States

#24184

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
Why bother saying you're not an "armchair" anything, then? That means you're not making judgements. But you are making judgements, you're clearly defending the cop that killed the man, and clearly defending the other cop by imagining a likely innocent reason for giving that sign. You're being an armchair cop by deeming all of this police conduct acceptable.
Well what I try to do is not automatically assume the worst possible intent on people.
We all need to step back and not let our emotions and political biases dictate.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 641
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1847
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Riots spreading across the United States

#24190

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Well what I try to do is not automatically assume the worst possible intent on people.
We all need to step back and not let our emotions and political biases dictate.
You're doing far more than not assuming the worst though. You're assuming the best intentions for both the cop who killed the man and the cop who flashed the sign.
blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Plus it paints a convenient narrative. A narrative gullibly swallowed by comfortable whites. That of the racist white police officer.
I don't buy it. Need I remind you that Floyd was 6-foot-6, had an athletic build and towerd over the officers?
blackg wrote:
1 month ago
This officer most likely had enough and decide to give these wanna-be-revolutionaries what they asked for.
I support the U.S. police force

Most of the US police don't want or accept your support for any of this. Many times when police have been accused of murder, the right defends them, and the police defend them, they have their backs. Not this time. You're far to the right (or however you'd like to describe it) of the police and the vast majority of the right on this. The four cops are being roundly denounced by police chiefs and officers across the country, all four were immediately fired, and one is under arrest.

“The death of Mr. Floyd is deeply disturbing and should be of concern to all Americans... The officers’ actions are inconsistent with the training and protocols of our profession and MCCA commends Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo for his swift and decisive action to terminate the employment of the officers involved.”

-Major Cities Chiefs, headed by Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo.
Last edited by yettee 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 3773
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Riots spreading across the United States

#24192

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
You're to the right (or however you'd like to describe it) of the police and the vast majority of the right on this.
Can you just explain how exactly that works and why police brutality and murder is to "the right"? Given the history of the Democrat party I'm surprised you don't say to the left.

It's like in the Liberal DNA to make everything about ideology and political parties to be as divisive as possible, so I'll do the same: these riots are the result of Liberal and mainstream media brainwashing narrative that there is a constant stream of racist cop killings.

And do you know anything about the "white power" sign, have you ever looked in to how it came about? Because that's hilarious, however if you know the "history" (I suppose) of it then it's devious.

As for @blackg he insists he doesn't troll on here and these are genuine opinions of his, but this thread is even further proof he does, and he's really an awful human being. I've done some dark jokes online sure, but talking about Floyd like this "seriously" to get a reaction is something even I would feel disgusted about.
Last edited by Rudiger 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
Look, fat...

User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 641
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1847
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Riots spreading across the United States

#24194

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
Can you just explain how exactly that works and why police brutality and murder is to "the right"? Given the history of the Democrat party I'm surprised you don't say to the left.
What I meant was, to the right in that the right generally supports the police and their actions more strongly than the left. So if a use of force is questionable, the left is more likely to denounce the police and the right is more likely to support. Not that brutality and murder is on the right. That's why I added "or however you'd like to describe it", because while supportive of the police, in its way, the position blackg is taking here is NOT on the right, actually. It's off the page.

I do know the history of the sign. I'm not sure it matters now though, it is what it is.
Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
talking about Floyd like this "seriously" to get a reaction is something even I would feel disgusted about.
You mentioned the riots. Absolutely I think thats fair game to debate, lots to discuss there, and thats what I thought would happen here in IOHL world. Not a debate about the murder.

Post Reply