Love is Blind - Netflix dating show

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

So this is actually a very interesting show* created on the concept of dating without seeing your prospective partner. Essentially 10 men and 10 women who date each other via screened pods until they feel a connection enough to propose.

By the 3rd episode they begin meeting each other in person and I think many people here will find the dating dynamics change based on looks.

Personally, I feel they are all relatively decent looking so looks shouldnt matter so much (but obviously there are tastes and preferences at play).

Its also interesting to see how behavioral traits can lead to many oncoming disasters.

If you watch it keep an eye out for pre-wall Jessica and how she changes when she cannot get the 'chad'.

*I appreciate this is kinda trash tv but most of us are social distancing and bored so if you have spare time and want to watch something moreish then this is the show.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Doesn't this have one woman who rejects one guy, to go off with another one, and the other one rejects her, so she goes back (immediately) to the other guy?

Well clearly I haven't watched it but I've heard about that part.
Look, fat...

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

Yes, its savage. The rejected chap twists it in a way to make it okay when she asks to come back.

He's treated awfully throughout the season and Its easy to feel it for him. There is also a small cynical side of me that also blames him for being so naiive though.

For those who dont have the time to watch the show then this is one of the couples I'm talking about:

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Yes, its savage. The rejected chap twists it in a way to make it okay when she asks to come back.

He's treated awfully throughout the season and Its easy to feel it for him. There is also a small cynical side of me that also blames him for being so naiive though.

For those who dont have the time to watch the show then this is one of the couples I'm talking about:

I'm thinking of something else then because the one I remember the guy rejected the girl when she came back after being rejected, but I thought the show was called Love is Blind. I saw a clip of it but can't even remember what they look like.
Look, fat...