Productivity thread - The event edition

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
It's very hard for me to get much done as I'm lonely and miserable. My girlfriend and I broke up in late December, I wasn't able to form in a connection in the twelve or so subsequent first dates, and I have no family in the area, so I'm all alone.

I am trying to get some work done with which I'm having some success, and am trying to cook and bake more. That is partly because most restaurants are closed, partly because I should be reducing take-out regardless, and partly because I need some way to express myself creatively. I think that my in-kitchen skills are seeing some improvement, I'm a decent cook but not a great one, and I'd like to be better. I've been baking bread, pudding, I made some meatballs that were pretty good, some falafel, I roasted a lot of vegetables. There are two yeast colonies in my kitchen, one for the sourdough, and one for the kombucha. I'll probably go back to the grocery store on Tuesday, and I'll be sure to have a detailed, thoughtful plan (lol) of what to pick, in order to make interesting recipes.
do you have an instant pot or air fryer?

the instant pot is good for making rice quickly as well as pressure cooking beans and meats like carnitas. I remember making cheesecake in it once lol

the air fryer is a game changer though. I could make fries and wings without making a mess, and cutting down on the calories. Just earlier today I made nachos in it and it took like 5 minutes.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 3 months ago

koolaidshade wrote:
3 months ago
do you have an instant pot or air fryer?

the instant pot is good for making rice quickly as well as pressure cooking beans and meats like carnitas. I remember making cheesecake in it once lol

the air fryer is a game changer though. I could make fries and wings without making a mess, and cutting down on the calories. Just earlier today I made nachos in it and it took like 5 minutes.
No and no, my kitchen is kind of overloaded with toys already. I also just ordered a new baking pan, and I might get a dutch oven as well. But of those two that you mention, I'd be more interested in the instant pot.Tomorrow I'm making bread, poached eggs, grilled haloumi, date and nut cake, and I'll probably have some yogurt too since mine is almost expired.

Are you from the south or the southwest? Look at you indulging in African American and Tex-Mex food. Next week you should make cornbread, collard greens, and guacamole, while sipping tequila.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago
No and no, my kitchen is kind of overloaded with toys already. I also just ordered a new baking pan, and I might get a dutch oven as well. But of those two that you mention, I'd be more interested in the instant pot.Tomorrow I'm making bread, poached eggs, grilled haloumi, date and nut cake, and I'll probably have some yogurt too since mine is almost expired.

Are you from the south or the southwest? Look at you indulging in African American and Tex-Mex food. Next week you should make cornbread, collard greens, and guacamole, while sipping tequila.
Have you ever tried Hindi food? If not, I would highly recommend it. It's very healthy. They have some meals that
take nine vegetables.

I've been mostly vegetarian. It's unfortunate, but a lot of places where I eat just don't fill me. I'm in good shape,
it's just that I'm too tall.

Obviously I' have been eating my own cooked meals from March and now. I am teleworking, but it is working out for
me.

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

Post by koolaidshade » 3 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
3 months ago

not from the south or southwest lol. Those were just examples of what i've made lately, i make all kinds of foods. I did make protein cornbread a month ago though.

The date and nut cake sounds really good by the way

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 3 months ago

I'm not living up to my cornoa lockdown goals.

I intended to exercise everyday, practice Italian more, read more, write more, eat healthy, and so forth.

Sadly, i've exercised only 3 times each week, practiced no italian, read a fair amount, definitely not eaten healthy as i'm drinking booze 4 times a week, and i've only written twice.

I've worked online around 2 hours a day on average and I'm sadly spending at least 1 hour a day reading the news, 2 or 3 hours on social media (facebook, reddit, and so on), and watching around 2 or 3 hours of netflix.

I'd like to improve a lot more on week 3. The problem for me is low mood and anxiety (fear that we're gonna be locked down for months on end and finances). I'm certain a lot of people are also suffering from this as I can tell from group chats that most other people are drinking more and bingeing on netflix.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

Johnson wrote:
3 months ago
I'm not living up to my cornoa lockdown goals.

I intended to exercise everyday, practice Italian more, read more, write more, eat healthy, and so forth.

Sadly, i've exercised only 3 times each week, practiced no italian, read a fair amount, definitely not eaten healthy as i'm drinking booze 4 times a week, and i've only written twice.

I've worked online around 2 hours a day on average and I'm sadly spending at least 1 hour a day reading the news, 2 or 3 hours on social media (facebook, reddit, and so on), and watching around 2 or 3 hours of netflix.

I'd like to improve a lot more on week 3. The problem for me is low mood and anxiety (fear that we're gonna be locked down for months on end and finances). I'm certain a lot of people are also suffering from this as I can tell from group chats that most other people are drinking more and bingeing on netflix.
Don't feel too bad about this mate. Our minds are naturally wayward without the structure of a normal work day.
You're one in a billion.

I've actually enjoyed this downtime so far. I've been re-reading my all time favorite articles, I've been playing guitar more and even going for a jog every second day.
Plus I've quite the drink.

I guess I have more structure when left to my own devices.

So, PM me if you need some guidance.
every day is Father's Day

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 3 months ago

The alcohol is a double edged sword as i'm happy drunk in that if am drinking i'm cheerful and lighthearted. I can happily have 4 beers and watch movies and mess around over messenger with pals and after all that I sleep well and I sleep deep. The downside is booze makes me feel a bit fatigued the next morning, it costs me money, its bad for the waistline, I dont want to form bad habits.

I think I may need to limit myself to 2 times a week for balance.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 3 months ago

Johnson wrote:
3 months ago
The alcohol is a double edged sword as i'm happy drunk in that if am drinking i'm cheerful and lighthearted. I can happily have 4 beers and watch movies and mess around over messenger with pals and after all that I sleep well and I sleep deep. The downside is booze makes me feel a bit fatigued the next morning, it costs me money, its bad for the waistline, I dont want to form bad habits.

I think I may need to limit myself to 2 times a week for balance.
My (limited) understanding is that alcohol facilitates going to sleep, but it actually lowers the quality of the latter parts of sleep, such that you're likely to end up less well rested. If you're having sleep problems, you should consult with a doctor, you might have sleep apnea or snoring issues. That can be aided with a different pillow. You might also consider sleeping pills like Benadryl/unisom/Diphenhydramine, melatonin, trazodone, amitriptyline, etc, but really you should discuss that with a qualified professional first.

Pat
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 3 months ago

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

Men are more productive. Women want to gossip more... and cut their hair
every day is Father's Day