China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1123
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 914
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25388

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

Guest-4 wrote: 1 month ago That's a really elegant and thoughtful post nameless. One of your best. Thank you for sharing.

Are you looking forward to anything else unrelated to your hair?

Remind me, how old were you when you started balding? At what age were you NW3?

I agree that there's been too much bickering on this site which has caused several people to leave. Perhaps in time things will improve to a new equilibrium.
The only things that I'm looking forward to is a cure for hair loss. It probably seems peculiar that hair loss could do so much damage to a person's psyche but there are some things to consider:

1. Bipolar people are what psychological researchers call "hypersensitive". Regular people would probably call us "too sensitive". But keep in mind that Bipolar people have experienced (I'm sure you've heard this term) early childhood trauma so they carry psychological pain with them into adulthood from out of their childhoods. So adult bipolar people have psych damage from childhood to start with and then when some other troubling stressful event happens to them it's more psych pain piled on top of the psych pain their walking around with since childhood. It gets compounded. People can get mad at me all they want for taking hair loss too hard but it goes with the territory of being bipolar to be too sensitive about stressful situations. When people get mad at me for taking hair loss too hard they're just proving that they don't understand much about bipolar disease even though the words early childhood trauma are very famous words and most everyone has heard those words.

2. Baldness really is a disfigurement. And hair loss has not changed the way I look a little bit. Hair loss has changed the way I look a lot. And the dramatic change is for the worse, not for the better. Add that to the fact that being bipolar makes me hypersensitive and all of that together probably explains why I'm having so much trouble being bald.

3. I've been losing my hair since my early 20s and I got to NW3 in my 30s. It's been awful ever since. It was about NW3 when I became horrible looking.

4. I'm 50 now.

5. I'm tired of the fighting here. If it doesn't stop soon I may stop posting here. I'm already lowering the amount I post here. There's just no reason for all of this fighting. I know I'm part of the fighting here and I pledge here and now that I'm going to slam the brakes on my part in the fighting. This is supposed to be a safe haven for hair loss sufferers. If you don't believe me here's the motto of the site - "A safe haven for hair loss sufferers to discuss how balding affected them and hopefully find solutions."
Last edited by nameless 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1540
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2284
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

#25390

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

The fighting will probably calm down once the quarantine ends, or we die from coronavirus :o

I was diagnosed when I was in my teenage years. To be honest, I think it's complete bullshit.
Everybody gets tired, and has "episodes". It could be from lack of sleep. These days, especially with
the internet and masturbation, it's easier to find happiness.

The only thing I don't like with quarantine is it appears that Internet crime is on the rise. This is especially
true with Facebook, where I see healthy people ask for money and act like their sick. There's a lot more
bullshit out there, so buyer beware.

Not to sound pessimistic, but our chances of our great President doing something good for the people,
and not for himself, and Biden becoming an energetic candidate, are probably greater than Jane Lynch
having her period.

So, look on the bright side of things @nameless, at least you won't have to worry about getting sun cancer.
if you stay indoors. Also, you don't have to worry about getting herpes, HIV, or any other STD if you just practice
abstinence.
Last edited by rclark 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 2073
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

#25391

Post by Guest-4 » 1 month ago

nameless wrote: 1 month ago The only things that I'm looking forward to is a cure for hair loss. It probably seems peculiar that hair loss could do so much damage to a person's psyche but there are some things to consider:

1. Bipolar people are what psychological researchers call "hypersensitive". Regular people would probably call us "too sensitive". But keep in mind that Bipolar people have experienced (I'm sure you've heard this term) early childhood trauma so they carry psychological pain with them into adulthood from out of their childhoods. So adult bipolar people have psych damage from childhood to start with and then when some other troubling stressful event happens to them it's more psych pain piled on top of the psych pain their walking around with since childhood. It gets compounded. People can get mad at me all they want for taking hair loss too hard but it goes with the territory of being bipolar to be too sensitive about stressful situations. When people get mad at me for taking hair loss too hard they're just proving that they don't understand much about bipolar disease even though the words early childhood trauma are very famous words and most everyone has heard those words.

2. Baldness really is a disfigurement. And hair loss has not changed the way I look a little bit. Hair loss has changed the way I look a lot. And the dramatic change is for the worse, not for the better. Add that to the fact that being bipolar makes me hypersensitive and all of that together probably explains why I'm having so much trouble being being bald.

3. I've been losing my hair since my early 20s and I got to NW3 in my 30s. It's been awful ever since. It was about NW3 when I became horrible looking.

4. I'm 50 now.

5. I'm tired of the fighting here. If it doesn't stop soon I may stop posting here. I'm already lowering the amount I post here. There's just no reason for all of this fighting. I know I'm part of the fighting here and I pledge here and now that I'm going to slam the brakes on my part in the fighting. This is supposed to be a safe haven for hair loss sufferers. If you don't believe me here's the motto of the site - "A safe haven for hair loss sufferers to discuss how balding affected them and hopefully find solutions."
Really great posts, but I hope you can find two or three other things to look forward to. Not to say that curing hair loss won't be amazing, it will, but there are other amazing things in life.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1540
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2284
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

#25394

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

Am I wrong to say there are already viruses that harm human beings, and might even
be worse than the coronavirus?

Herpes, for example. Some scientists believe that HSV1 causes Alzheimer's, and damages
brain cells. All viruses in the Herpes family (most common ones are HSV1 and HSV2), stay
in the body forever, and hide in the nervous system. This also includes HSV6 and HSV7, which
have been found in brain cells after death.

@Guest-4, what is your opinion on this? Is coronavirus the worst virus out
there, or is it just because it's "new"?

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 2073
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5859
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

#25395

Post by Guest-4 » 1 month ago

rclark wrote: 1 month ago Am I wrong to say there are already viruses that harm human beings, and might even
be worse than the coronavirus?

Herpes, for example. Some scientists believe that HSV1 causes Alzheimer's, and damages
brain cells. All viruses in the Herpes family (most common ones are HSV1 and HSV2), stay
in the body forever, and hide in the nervous system. This also includes HSV6 and HSV7, which
have been found in brain cells after death.

@Guest-4, what is your opinion on this? Is coronavirus the worst virus out
there, or is it just because it's "new"?
It's nowhere near the worst virus, it's just more contagious, and because it's new we don't know how to fight it.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1540
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2284
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

#25404

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

Recently I was at a fundraiser for a sick relative. I think the volunteers serving drinks were too cheap,
and they tried to save on drinks by opening the bottle with their finger. By that, I mean literally using
there finger on the "push down" part of the tin foil, not the tab. What the fuck? If I did manage to
escape the coronavirus at this point, it's too late for me now. :oops:

That said, I couldn't help noticing that two brothers tried "fighting" their baldness by shaving their
heads. The one brother was a marine, and he was built enough to pull it off. He was a Norwood
six when he grew his hair out a little bit.

The other was very skinny, and to be honest, he could have passed for my grand father. Both of them are younger
than me (only a few years, but still). The thing is, it kind of shocked me. The second guy had a receding hair line, but it couldn't have been more
than a Norwood three. Honest, I don't know if he was trying to "honor" his brother, but there is now way he could've even been
more than a Norwood four.

For me, I'm too lazy to shave my head every day. Even if I was a Norwood six

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2408
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4457
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

China's coronavirus

#25406

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Pretty woman, walking down the street...
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 680
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2242
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

China's coronavirus

#25407

Post by EvilLocks » 1 month ago

nameless wrote: 1 month ago The only things that I'm looking forward to is a cure for hair loss. It probably seems peculiar that hair loss could do so much damage to a person's psyche but there are some things to consider:

1. Bipolar people are what psychological researchers call "hypersensitive". Regular people would probably call us "too sensitive". But keep in mind that Bipolar people have experienced (I'm sure you've heard this term) early childhood trauma so they carry psychological pain with them into adulthood from out of their childhoods. So adult bipolar people have psych damage from childhood to start with and then when some other troubling stressful event happens to them it's more psych pain piled on top of the psych pain their walking around with since childhood. It gets compounded. People can get mad at me all they want for taking hair loss too hard but it goes with the territory of being bipolar to be too sensitive about stressful situations. When people get mad at me for taking hair loss too hard they're just proving that they don't understand much about bipolar disease even though the words early childhood trauma are very famous words and most everyone has heard those words.

2. Baldness really is a disfigurement. And hair loss has not changed the way I look a little bit. Hair loss has changed the way I look a lot. And the dramatic change is for the worse, not for the better. Add that to the fact that being bipolar makes me hypersensitive and all of that together probably explains why I'm having so much trouble being being bald.

3. I've been losing my hair since my early 20s and I got to NW3 in my 30s. It's been awful ever since. It was about NW3 when I became horrible looking.

4. I'm 50 now.

5. I'm tired of the fighting here. If it doesn't stop soon I may stop posting here. I'm already lowering the amount I post here. There's just no reason for all of this fighting. I know I'm part of the fighting here and I pledge here and now that I'm going to slam the brakes on my part in the fighting. This is supposed to be a safe haven for hair loss sufferers. If you don't believe me here's the motto of the site - "A safe haven for hair loss sufferers to discuss how balding affected them and hopefully find solutions."
Nobody should have to defend why hair loss is making them depressed, or more depressed than other people in the same "boat"!
Chances are, that a person slipping into serious depression b/c of hair loss already has other issues to deal with beforehand, whether it be psychologically and/or physically.
For me, it was my anxiety and low self esteem coupled with my health problems like my chronic fatigue and my thyroid disease. At the time hair loss hit me I had just turned 20, and after a couple years of regular anxiety attacks and hypochondria, I was at a place where I finally felt better and that I had a chance at life. I had started college and had a boyfriend, things were going good. Then hair loss came and it hit me like a ton of bricks, and suddenly it was all that mattered. It was all a downward spiral from there. I believe why I reacted so badly was because of my hypersensitive personality (like you), my low self esteem and my anxiety, as well as my obsessive traits. It was all I could focus on and concentrate on, I simply HAD to cure my hair loss. It was an exhausting few years of going to all the specialists you can think of, full hormone check ups, dermatologists, you name it... only to end up with NO answers, or that it could MAYBE be because of my thyroid, but It didn't really make sense because on paper my thyroid was "fine", treated with medication. The hair loss went on though.
Anyway, no matter what problem(s) you have different people will react differently to it and people should just accept that. I have seen people who are literally paralyzed and in a wheel chair for life live life to the fullest, while others can have a full breakdown over some less "serious" problems like acne or hair loss. Both are fine and both should be accepted. We really never know what the person next to us are going through unless we've walked a mile in their shoes. And to be clear, mental illness is VERY REAL!

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1123
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 914
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25411

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

Another trailer-trash, anti-masker strikes:

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronav ... 00810.html

Note that the coward attacked a 17-year old boy and then the attacker ran off and hid.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2408
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4457
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

China's coronavirus

#25416

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

What if the attacker is foreign and it's cultural to keep his airwaves uncluttered?

Let's not be racist about this.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1123
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 914
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25417

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

blackg wrote: 1 month ago What if the attacker is foreign and it's cultural to keep his airwaves uncluttered?

Let's not be racist about this.
I'm trying to wrap my head around what you've said here but I just can't make sense of it. A grown man punches a 17-year old boy in the face and does enough damage that the boy needs surgery and I call the man out for what he's done and you're thinking that there might be some racism in what I'm saying. I just don't see it. And keep in mind that the assailant had NY license plates/registration. I hope the child-abuser gets identified so they can catch him and get to the bottom of this situation.

Added in 36 minutes 24 seconds:
EvilLocks wrote: 1 month ago Nobody should have to defend why hair loss is making them depressed, or more depressed than other people in the same "boat"!
Chances are, that a person slipping into serious depression b/c of hair loss already has other issues to deal with beforehand, whether it be psychologically and/or physically.
For me, it was my anxiety and low self esteem coupled with my health problems like my chronic fatigue and my thyroid disease. At the time hair loss hit me I had just turned 20, and after a couple years of regular anxiety attacks and hypochondria, I was at a place where I finally felt better and that I had a chance at life. I had started college and had a boyfriend, things were going good. Then hair loss came and it hit me like a ton of bricks, and suddenly it was all that mattered. It was all a downward spiral from there. I believe why I reacted so badly was because of my hypersensitive personality (like you), my low self esteem and my anxiety, as well as my obsessive traits. It was all I could focus on and concentrate on, I simply HAD to cure my hair loss. It was an exhausting few years of going to all the specialists you can think of, full hormone check ups, dermatologists, you name it... only to end up with NO answers, or that it could MAYBE be because of my thyroid, but It didn't really make sense because on paper my thyroid was "fine", treated with medication. The hair loss went on though.
Anyway, no matter what problem(s) you have different people will react differently to it and people should just accept that. I have seen people who are literally paralyzed and in a wheel chair for life live life to the fullest, while others can have a full breakdown over some less "serious" problems like acne or hair loss. Both are fine and both should be accepted. We really never know what the person next to us are going through unless we've walked a mile in their shoes. And to be clear, mental illness is VERY REAL!
This is a very thoughtful post. This post is very substantial and it makes me see you in a totally different light. This post by you makes you seem way more substantial and thoughtful. And it makes you a lot easier to understand. I'm sure you're a nice person and I regret the mean things I've said to you. And no matter my statements to the contrary I really do believe that it is TOTALLY REASONABLE for a 20-year old woman, who's just starting out in life with a new bf and all, to have major difficulty with hair loss. Hair loss is not a minor change in your appearance. It's a major change in your appearance and...

...your values throughout your 20s, and even somewhat beyond, would reasonably be based in part on physical appearance. Everywhere you looked in your 20s advertisers were telling you that you had to be beautiful or you didn't matter. This stuff is constantly crammed into the heads of young women. I'm happy for you that you've found enough peace with where you're at with your hair loss that you can make it through your daily challenges. I believe you will make it. I've been wrong before but I think that with all of the cellular advances taking place we *might* finally be getting close to a breakthrough.

Even though I've ragged on you quite a bit deep down inside I've always thought that inside you really are a nice young lady. I apologize for the unkind stuff I've said to you.

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 680
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 2242
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

China's coronavirus

#25425

Post by EvilLocks » 1 month ago

nameless wrote: 1 month ago
This is a very thoughtful post. This post is very substantial and it makes me see you in a totally different light. This post by you makes you seem way more substantial and thoughtful. And it makes you a lot easier to understand. I'm sure you're a nice person and I regret the mean things I've said to you. And no matter my statements to the contrary I really do believe that it is TOTALLY REASONABLE for a 20-year old woman, who's just starting out in life with a new bf and all, to have major difficulty with hair loss. Hair loss is not a minor change in your appearance. It's a major change in your appearance and...

...your values throughout your 20s, and even somewhat beyond, would reasonably be based in part on physical appearance. Everywhere you looked in your 20s advertisers were telling you that you had to be beautiful or you didn't matter. This stuff is constantly crammed into the heads of young women. I'm happy for you that you've found enough peace with where you're at with your hair loss that you can make it through your daily challenges. I believe you will make it. I've been wrong before but I think that with all of the cellular advances taking place we *might* finally be getting close to a breakthrough.

Even though I've ragged on you quite a bit deep down inside I've always thought that inside you really are a nice young lady. I apologize for the unkind stuff I've said to you.
No worries Nameless, I apologize for the harsh words I used about you as well :)

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1123
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 914
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25492

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

Here is an update to the story about a man (and apparently his woman as well) punching a boy in the face because the boy informs them they have to wear a mask.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -over-mask

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2408
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4457
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism
Location: NSW, Australia

China's coronavirus

#25494

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

nameless wrote: 1 month ago Here is an update to the story about a man (and apparently his woman as well) punching a boy in the face because the boy informs them they have to wear a mask.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -over-mask
Let it go, nameless.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1540
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2284
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

#25734

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

When the coronavirus vaccine first comes out, who is going to get it?

Who would volunteer for a trial vaccination?

Added in 3 minutes 49 seconds:
blackg wrote: 2 weeks agoI'm a fat slob!
Fat Lives Matter.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post