China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
A few months isn't "forever". This reminds me of the really tough people at those protests who are essentially crying into the camera that they haven't been able to get their hair dyed for 6 weeks and they can't take it any more. (Not being able to work is something else entirely and of course I get that. But you know, part of the reason it's such an incredible crisis for so much of the population is that they either don't have health care or lose it when unemployed, and that shouldn't be.) As for the stats I suppose one can easily find an article or stat to support whatever one wants these days

Can we really blame them?

If I wasn't able to get my hair dye on Amazon, I would probably purchase a gun,
move to Michigan, and shoot somebody. It's important I cover my gray hair for my
Zoom meetings.

Last edited by rclark 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
A few months isn't "forever".
Sorry I just had to stop reading already at this point.
Look, fat...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Minoxidil

China's coronavirus

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
OK.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

China's coronavirus

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
xD

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
Can we really blame them?

If I wasn't able to get my hair dye on Amazon, I would probably purchase a gun,
move to Michigan, and shoot somebody. It's important I cover my gray hair for my
Zoom meetings.

I'm getting greys now too, mate. My boss commented the other day on how grey my sides are getting.

My boss is 56 and has jet black hair.... dye.

Added in 29 minutes 36 seconds:
yettee wrote:
1 month ago
Countries that have empoyed these strategies and continue to do so now have low rates of deaths and infections and economies that are getting back on track. As opposed to the chaotic mess of the US and Brazil.
This is true of Australia.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Minoxidil

China's coronavirus

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
2 months ago
Well I respect American inventions and innovations, but non of that will help the citizens on the streets in the next 6 months.

It is April 9th today and America as 14k deaths.

I'll come come back to this post at the end of the month and that number will be 50k deaths.

The end of May it will be over 100k deaths.

I'm not saying this to hate on America. I actually like america and americans. I say this as just a warning that their lack of action will kill them on a large scale.

Sad, but this was exactly right. 100,000+ May 27

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

China's coronavirus

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

Definitely wish I was wrong on that one.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
After reading these posts, I would like to say a few things.

Third, I am dying of the coronavirus, so if anybody wants to send me their credit card information,
please send me an email. :D
You aren't serious, are you?

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

nameless wrote:
1 month ago
You aren't serious, are you?
I'm not serious. I actually think I already had it, and I'm immune. I'm 95% certain my son had it recently.

We had to clean out his college dorm (after they made everything offline). I really don't know if I want
him returning to college, because the second wave is coming in the fall. They are finding a lot of anti
virals though. I think everybody in New Jersey probably had it already.

I had this really bad cold back in February (end of February). Had this bad cough for two weeks, wouldn't
clear up. Doctor's actually prescribed me antibiotics, which they never do these days. It never went
away, and my wife said I should go back to the doctor. They didn't realize how wide spread it was until
March (although Trump closed airport traffic to China in January 29th, go figure).

It's funny how things change. In the 1980s I had this stupid doctor who gave me anti-biotics for acne. What
an asshole.

In my own opinion, I think most people who recover from corona will become immune.

Only twenty percent need hospitilization.

A lot of these people are health care workers. They probably have too much exposure to the
virus, and that is why they are dying from it.

Some of them got sick in church choirs. And it appears that religious people believe they won't get it.
Trump is going to open up religious services.

That in turn could mean less MAGA supporters , but the United States is run by the Electorate College,
so I don't want to be too optimistic about that possibility.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
In my own opinion, I think most people who recover from corona will become immune.

Only twenty percent need hospitilization.

A lot of these people are health care workers. They probably have too much exposure to the
virus, and that is why they are dying from it.

Some of them got sick in church choirs. And it appears that religious people believe they won't get it.
Trump is going to open up religious services.

That in turn could mean less MAGA supporters , but the United States is run by the Electorate College,
so I don't want to be too optimistic about that possibility.
My roommate is highly religious. He is as religious as any right-wing Christian but he's a definite democrat voter. He goes to church twice per week and more often than that during the Christian holidays. I already told him that I'm moving out if he plans to start going to church before a vaccine or cure is on the market. I just finished a 1-year lease and I'm not going to renew it. I'm going to have a month-to-month lease from now on so I can leave in a hurry if he tries to start going to church before a cure or vaccine is on the market.

I think that the places the virus is causing the most trouble is:

1. Hospitals
2. Nursing homes
3. Churches

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

4. Protests.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

China's coronavirus

Post by Johnson » 1 month ago

I'm still in Vietnam and we're more or less back to normal now with nearly everything re-opened.

In the early days I actually felt they were being OTT closing so many things (but agreed with closing the border) but I am now happy they did.

We may now become something of a hermit nation in the sense that nobody is allowed to enter. I cant see that changing until other places get the numbers down to almost zero.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

yettee wrote:
1 month ago
Wow sorry to hear that! Hope you'll all be AOK! Maybe some good will come out of it, if you all get some immunity.

Of course people need to be wearing masks. But the guy at the top gleefully refuses to do it, and 'non mainstream' news sources push all kind of wild lies, such as the whole thing is a hoax and anyway wearing a mask is dangerous, so we end up with this...

The moment this woman was told to leave the store and she refused to leave, she was in violation of the trespassing statute, which means she's a common outlaw.

She says she's healthy but even though she has no symptoms of the disease she could be carrying the virus. And if she is carrying the virus she could get somebody else in the store sick, and even kill the person. Obviously, she could care less if she harms other people.

And she isn't even just refusing to wear her own mask. She is actively trying to coerce other people into agreeing with her, which is CONTROLLING behavior. And controlling behavior is PATHOLOGICAL. It reminds me of when JLBB was being controlling with "Yettee" to try to FORCE Yettee into hating my writing even though Yettee doesn't hate my writing. JLBB was trying to control Yettee's feelings, which IS pathological. It made me feel uncomfortable to watch it when I saw it happening. It was unsettling to see Yettee peacefully trying to get JLBB to accept that Yettee has the right to feel the way he feels (about my writing) while JLBB was relentlessly & pathologically trying to force Yettee to feel the way that JLBB wanted Yettee to feel. The scariest thing about it is that JLBB was going all controlling on Yettee over my writing, of all things. If someone writes well that says nothing about the person's character so Yettee wasn't defending my character or anything like that. He was just saying that he liked me writing and JLBB got big-time triggered about it in a controlling way. And the situation actually lasted for a few days.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Controlling is the new black.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Controlling is the new black.
I'm not sure it's a good thing to make a ha-ha about controlling behavior given that controlling people hurt other people. For example, look at how the peripheral customers in the Trader Joe's video got mad at the woman who's trying to coerce (control) them into feeling the way she wants them to feel. The peripheral people are yelling at her and that means they're upset about what's going on. I'm not sure you would think it's funny if someone were conducting controlling behavior on you. There are hundreds of thousands of women in US women's shelters, maybe a million or more, crying to counselors because their boyfriends and husbands are controlling. Since i come from a family that sheltered those women I don't think controlling personalities are joke material. I just think you don't understand how serious it can be to the people being controlled.