China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591- ... 0MDubQQbxY

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2

Kristian G. Andersen, Andrew Rambaut, W. Ian Lipkin, Edward C. Holmes & Robert F. Garry
Nature Medicine volume 26, pages450–452 (2020)

Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:

The issue with the sirens is real and has been reported by a lot of the media. You can find out more with a simple google link. As for the corruption, Trump and his family are a known quantity in that area, we also know that they're pushing for very weak and/or non-existent oversight of coronavirus funds.
Are you upset Trump didn't create it so he could sell hydroxychloroquine?
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
Are you upset Trump didn't create it so he could sell hydroxychloroquine?
It was made in a batcave.
Will my America ever be great again?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

blackg wrote:
1 month ago
It was made in a batcave.
You were made in a batcave
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Australia is considering opening up certain venues and allowing limited access. For example: if a bar once had the capacity for 150 people, now that capacity will temporarily be reduced to say, 70, while also encouraging patrons to practice some form of social distancing.
Hand sanitizer will most likely be provided throughout many venues too.

I fear we may be going too early. What do you think @Afro_Vacancy and @Rudiger? (the two smartest men I know)

koolaidshade
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: semen retention, real social dynamics, 12 rules for life

China's coronavirus

Post by koolaidshade » 4 weeks ago

Healthy young 84 year old patient with diabetes and gangrene dies of COVID-19

hospitals all over the US overwhelmed, it is like a warzone, according to some tiktok nurses

Tikthot nurse shows her bare chest and hindside as testament of our unified strength against pandemic

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

I'm putting out a call to @JLBB because I am worried about him. The last time we heard from him he implied that he is sick -- possibly with a Corona virus.

He posted a side photo of himself (excluding his head) and he appeared to be in a hospital gown with a drip clearly protruding from an arm.
I've been bit worried ever since.

Now, I don't approve of the way JLBB last spoke to Afro but I believe that he suffered from a momentary lapse of reason. We all have moments of weakness we'd like to get back -- if we could.

So get back to us, JL. And apologize to Afro pronto.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 3 weeks ago

JL is fucking dead lol so is every inactive or banned forum member, all dead like I want them to be.

Move on with your new smaller family.
Look, fat...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

Okay.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

This is an interesting experience I had with the virus lately.

My son got it, probably from being forced to move his stuff out of the college dorm (which is now
completely online, by the way). I also went with him to help unpack his dorm room.

He wore a mask for about a week or two after. So far, I don't have it, and my wife and daughter have
no sign of it. It's been over two weeks since he had it.

In my case, I think I already had it in February, before there was state testing being done. So I have
an immunity to the virus.

That said, I still think people should wear masks to prevent spreading it. Also they should practice
social distancing.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Minoxidil

China's coronavirus

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
This is an interesting experience I had with the virus lately.

My son got it, probably from being forced to move his stuff out of the college dorm (which is now
completely online, by the way). I also went with him to help unpack his dorm room.

He wore a mask for about a week or two after. So far, I don't have it, and my wife and daughter have
no sign of it. It's been over two weeks since he had it.

In my case, I think I already had it in February, before there was state testing being done. So I have
an immunity to the virus.

That said, I still think people should wear masks to prevent spreading it. Also they should practice
social distancing.
Wow sorry to hear that! Hope you'll all be AOK! Maybe some good will come out of it, if you all get some immunity.

Of course people need to be wearing masks. But the guy at the top gleefully refuses to do it, and 'non mainstream' news sources push all kind of wild lies, such as the whole thing is a hoax and anyway wearing a mask is dangerous, so we end up with this...

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
Wow sorry to hear that! Hope you'll all be AOK! Maybe some good will come out of it, if you all get some immunity.

Of course people need to be wearing masks. But the guy at the top gleefully refuses to do it, and 'non mainstream' news sources push all kind of wild lies, such as the whole thing is a hoax and anyway wearing a mask is dangerous, so we end up with this...

And how long should we wear masks for? Until there's a cure? Which has never been found for any coronavirus.

The vaccine (if we get one) will not be a cure, the effects will still lead to deaths, same as the common cold and the flu, we will be living with coronavirus from now on, so you're essentially saying we should always wear masks.

I can understand thinking this a few months ago, maybe, as preventative, but now it's incredibly obvious we need to return to normality, let this virus play out and people will get infected, and some older or vulnerable people will die, same as the common cold or flu. By the way deaths by flu are really low this year, fancy that?
Look, fat...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago
And how long should we wear masks for? Until there's a cure? Which has never been found for any coronavirus.

The vaccine (if we get one) will not be a cure, the effects will still lead to deaths, same as the common cold and the flu, we will be living with coronavirus from now on, so you're essentially saying we should always wear masks.

I can understand thinking this a few months ago, maybe, as preventative, but now it's incredibly obvious we need to return to normality, let this virus play out and people will get infected, and some older or vulnerable people will die, same as the common cold or flu. By the way deaths by flu are really low this year, fancy that?
No, I'm not even really saying that this woman should necessarily have to wear a mask, by law. But I do have a problem with dangerous misinformation she and others are spouting, like it's a hoax, like wearing a mask is more dangerous than the virus, like the virus will magically disappear. 'Just let this virus play out' hasn't worked very well in the US or Brazil. Both an out of control virus with a huge number of illnesses and deaths and a crashed economy happening simultaneously isn't good for anyone. I agree that the total lockdowns can't go on forever, but is it a big deal to put on a mask, do some social distancing, while the rate of infection is still so high? It's absolutely not more dangerous than not wearing one, for an individual or society. It's very helpful and will save lives, help stop super-spreaders etc.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
No, I'm not even really saying that this woman should necessarily have to wear a mask, by law. But I do have a problem with dangerous misinformation she and others are spouting, like it's a hoax, like wearing a mask is more dangerous than the virus, like the virus will magically disappear. Or the preisdent not wearing a mask on camera simply and gleefully to spite the press. Really? 'Just let this virus play out' hasn't worked very well in the US or Brazil. Both an out of control virus with a huge number of illness and deaths and a crashed economy happening simultaneously isn't good for anyone. I agree that the total lockdowns can't go on forever, but is it a big deal to put on a mask, do some social distancing? It's absolutely not more dangerous than not wearing one, for an individual or society. It's very helpful and will save lives, help stop super-spreaders etc.
Again, when does it stop? Do you want us to wear masks forever because of one type of illness?

Going by that logic we should have always been doing it, the flu and common cold has always killed people, we're murderers.

Like I say, it made sense a few months ago until we figure out just how dangerous this disease is, and how it effects people. Flattening the curve also made sense (and still does but in this moment of time it's absolutely flattened, to the point where nurses and doctors are being made redundant) but now we know it's affecting people exactly how influenza does, and with a similar death rate (I wouldn't be surprised if, when stats are correctly collated over this year, it turns out a considerably lower death rate, if recent tests from LA point to are correct, which would mean like a 0.013% death rate or something) we simply need to end the lockdown, end social distancing, and unless we reach a crisis, there's now no reason to do otherwise.

We will know quickly from infection rates whether it's necessary to return to lockdown, if we all go back to work Monday we aren't going to have like 20% of the country needing hospital beds within a week. There's countries like Belarus and Sweden which have barely restricted anything and haven't at all reached crisis (not the lowest infection/death rates but again, no different to flu, coronavirus has simply replaced flu stats) so it's not going to suddenly infect and kill an overwhelming amount of people overnight.

I just want all people to realise that by thinking it's the natural solution to keep us indoors and wearing masks, you essentially want that to continue, forever. Please just acknowledge that. Also at this point if you think it's natural common sense, that is clearly virtue signalling, and that's a game you cannot win. Good for you wanting to not kill grandma by keeping people 6 feet from each other, however you're still a murdering monster for thinking it's fine to let people out of their homes at all, coronavirus has killed babies, and even if it costs just one life, unless you're essentially deciding to be selfish and kill people.

The logic somehow goes by this crazy assumption that coronavirus will somehow end, so unless there's zero cases, we will always need social distancing and masks. And even then, if the flu or cold kills people as well, why would we suddenly now let that happen? Thank you coronavirus and the mainstream media for showing us how awful we truly are.

And thanks to the mainstream media for pushing these same repetitive NPC lines on our population so much, that gigantic amounts of this population now regurgitate the same lines, and genuinely think it's "common sense". Doing otherwise is lunacy of course, wear fucking masks forever.
Look, fat...

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

The areas that are "over populated" with people need to do a few things, because otherwise this virus will go out of control.
The countries that should take precautions that I am referring to are India and China. In the United States I am referring
to New Jersey and New York.

Obviously there are people who have lost their jobs from the pandemic, and need to get back to work. However, with most
jobs they can wear masks without affecting their ability to remain employed. Employers need to be sympathetic with this,
and that is what we need laws for (for the employers who are not).

I don't think people should be forced to wear gloves, even legally as long as they use hand sanitizer. The group I am referring
to are pharmacists and people in the medical profession. They do have to wear masks, and I think that is the right idea.

It's going to be a culture shock for people who were not hit with the SARS pandemic years back.

The virus can live on plastic up to seventy two hours. For some reason, people feel "safer" exchanging money with people
who are wearing plastic gloves, although they can be contaminated by exchanging money with a customer who is asymptomatic.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago
Thank you coronavirus and the mainstream media for showing us how awful we truly are.

And thanks to the mainstream media for pushing these same repetitive NPC lines on our population so much, that gigantic amounts of this population now regurgitate the same lines, and genuinely think it's "common sense". Doing otherwise is lunacy of course, wear fucking masks forever.
A few months isn't "forever". This reminds me of the really tough people at those protests who are essentially crying into the camera that they haven't been able to get their hair dyed for 6 weeks and they can't take it any more. (Not being able to work is something else entirely and of course I get that. But you know, part of the reason it's such an incredible crisis for so much of the population is that they either don't have health care or lose it when unemployed, and that shouldn't be.) As for the stats I suppose one can easily find an article or stat to support whatever one wants these days

https://www.cathlabdigest.com/content/s ... w-symptoms

but the problem here is that people are living it and know the truth. Where I'm from in the US, doctors were completely overwhelmed for weeks, nursing homes were decimated, and everyone knows people or knows of people who became very ill and died. Many health care workers have died, grocery store workers, bus and train employees, and the numbers are still rising... Not at all a normal flu season. Robust testing, social distancing including widespread mask use, and contact tracing, help. Countries that have empoyed these strategies and continue to do so now have low rates of deaths and infections and economies that are getting back on track. As opposed to the chaotic mess of the US and Brazil.