China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
Afro thirsting for your comment to be true xD
You often jump to conclusions that are not actually substantiated by anything that anybody has written. This is a good example.
I asked if the statement has evidence supporting it, I didn't state that I wanted it to be true, and there's no reason to assume the latter.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
You often jump to conclusions that are not actually substantiated by anything that anybody has written. This is a good example.
I asked if the statement has evidence supporting it, I didn't state that I wanted it to be true, and there's no reason to assume the latter.
Actually there is a good reason to assume the latter- knowing your posts on here and you as a person.
Look, fat...

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
Actually there is a good reason to assume the latter- knowing your posts on here and you as a person.
I'm sure that that makes sense to you, but ultimately it is inaccurate and is consistent with your pattern of jumping to baseless conclusions. It is not just me -- multiple people have told you that you do this.

What you should instead do is ask, or alternatively, you can accept that uncertainty is a part of life.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 month ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
I'm sure that that makes sense to you, but ultimately it is inaccurate and is consistent with your pattern of jumping to baseless conclusions. It is not just me -- multiple people have told you that you do this.

What you should instead do is ask, or alternatively, you can accept that uncertainty is a part of life.
It's not a baseless conclusion, if some random person I'd never met before had posted your question then I wouldn't have concluded what I did, it's because it's you.
Look, fat...

Pat
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

China's coronavirus

Post by Pat » 1 month ago

Johnson wrote:
1 month ago
Kumail Nanjiani:

He's just so stupid.

He's so breathtakingly stupid that the above statement is all it takes for every person reading this to know exactly who I'm talking about.

400k likes on twitter alone.
He's constantly on their mind.

He's so much on their mind that saying close to anything makes them think of him.

dOeS aNyOnE kNoW wHo I'm TaLkInG aBoUt???

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

Proud.
Will my America ever be great again?

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

Post by rclark » 1 month ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 month ago
The thought of you inventing a vaccine and injecting it in to people have me a shiver, I'd imagine it would be made out of motor oil and cereal
No, it's going to be made out of Lysol, and disinfectants.

Trump already gave me a million dollars to patent it.

He is buying stock in it.

It's also made of stronger bleach chemicals.

You don't have to publish your credit card here.

Just give me your debit card, and send me a thousand dollars by email. You'll get it in two days, plus
special gift cards to restaurants in the United States.

But hurry, those coupons expire in May!

Added in 15 minutes 45 seconds:
yettee wrote:
1 month ago
Here's an article about the shortage of supplies in the United States.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurses-compl ... 17401.html

It's no joke.

I don't think people in Europe/Australia can believe this. I'm sure they don't
run into these issues.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

LOL at Rudi publishing his credit card details.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

China's coronavirus

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
It's funny (also tragic) to see Trump sputter around like a fish on land in this situation.

He's basically a glorified used car salesman and con artist. He got by in life by selling overconfidence and a crude charisma, "I'm going to be the President, a tremendous President, we're going to make America great again, and Mexico's going to pay for it !" There's no substance, just style, which is what a lot of his supporters like, and which can work well in parts of the business sector. The business sector is a big place so naturally there are some parasites.

Coronavirus, though, is not a situation that can entirely be handled by style. Trump is going around telling people to overdose on hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin (an anti-lupus drug and an antibiotic respectively) and now he's telling people to ingest lysol. He just makes stuff up as he goes along, he says it with confidence and ...

it doesn't solve the problem. The virus doesn't just go away, and the US now has over 50,000 deaths and is nearing a 20% unemployment rate. We may reach 250,000 deaths and 30% unemployment rate, and Trump might be peddling gasoline sniffing, suction cups, and ketchup as a cure, with his supporters trying it out. And he'll likely still be encouraging his supporters to break the quarantine and thus cause more deaths.

Meanwhile, in South Korea, where there's a real government, people who are under quarantine receive care packages from the state, they get food, N-95 masks, etc:
https://www.boredpanda.com/south-korean ... gn=organic
No leader is stepping up in the United States. Trump isn't stepping up, none of them are.
I do blame Trump for the mask shortage.

He stopped travel to and from China on January 29th, 2020. That said, he should of shut
down the entire system, for all countries. He didn't do enough.

They can't wear masks for two reasons. The first is that there is a shortage. The second
reason is nobody wants to be "the bad guy". I guarantee that in places where they always
wear masks, such as China and South Korea, this doesn't happen.

That's what makes this shutdown so pathetic.

If they enforced social distancing, and face masks so contaminated people wouldn't spread
the virus, it would be down to zero. Won't happen in our life time.

They need to enforce social distancing, and wearing masks. It's pathetic.

Even after the shortage is done, they refuse to wear a mask in public.

I could respect Trump if he wore a mask when he wasn't speaking, but that will never happen.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

rclark wrote:
1 month ago
No leader is stepping up in the United States. Trump isn't stepping up, none of them are.
I do blame Trump for the mask shortage.

He stopped travel to and from China on January 29th, 2020. That said, he should of shut
down the entire system, for all countries. He didn't do enough.

They can't wear masks for two reasons. The first is that there is a shortage. The second
reason is nobody wants to be "the bad guy". I guarantee that in places where they always
wear masks, such as China and South Korea, this doesn't happen.

That's what makes this shutdown so pathetic.

If they enforced social distancing, and face masks so contaminated people wouldn't spread
the virus, it would be down to zero. Won't happen in our life time.

They need to enforce social distancing, and wearing masks. It's pathetic.

Even after the shortage is done, they refuse to wear a mask in public.

I could respect Trump if he wore a mask when he wasn't speaking, but that will never happen.
One issue with the nonsensical mask shortage is that government agencies are stepping in to disrupt shipments and distributions of personal protective equipments. States, hospitals, etc are paying for PPEs, and the federal government intercepts the shipments and re-directs them. People don't know where those masks are going. What may be happening is that people such as Jared Kushner have inserted themselves into the system as parasitic middlemen to try and make a buck, and perhaps to use the distribution of PPEs for political interference.

It's not just that the government isn't enforcing social distancing ... Trump has been flat out encouraging people to flout the rules.Trump advocated that several states be "liberated". The government stimulus checks of $1200/adult are among the lower in the western world in spite of the special status of the US dollar, and in many states such as Florida it is virtually impossible to apply for unemployment insurance. His ally and education secretary, Betsy Devos, funded some of the astroturf protesters in Michigan. Another ally of Trump, the governor of Georgia, is re-opening the state to prevent people from applying for unemployment insurance.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans are going to die, we're going to have 20+% unemployment, but hey, at least Kushner and Ivanka are going to get rich(er).

Edited to add: I have felt like I hear a lot more sirens recently, and I was wondering if this was a coincidence. I looked it up, it's not, a lot of people are hearing more sirens. It's disconcerting to hear so many of them.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 month ago
One issue with the nonsensical mask shortage is that government agencies are stepping in to disrupt shipments and distributions of personal protective equipments. States, hospitals, etc are paying for PPEs, and the federal government intercepts the shipments and re-directs them. People don't know where those masks are going. What may be happening is that people such as Jared Kushner have inserted themselves into the system as parasitic middlemen to try and make a buck, and perhaps to use the distribution of PPEs for political interference.
Interference or influence?
With respect, Afro, this is just guess-work reflecting your own political bias.

And this phenomenon regarding hearing more sirens: this could all be psychological as we are more on edge regarding the number of covid cases.
We are more attuned to the sounds of medical chaos.
But maybe I'm wrong as there most likely is an uptake in the number of emergency calls.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Governor Murphy, the Democratic Governor of New Jersey, sucks big time. He won't give a time
table for ending the state wide shutdown in New Jersey.

To give people the background story, New York is the highest infected state, followed by New Jersey.
In fact, the first known hospitalized patient in New Jersey was a health care worker from New York in
February. He was hospitalized thirty days, and he was only thirty two years old.

The majority of infected people (more than half) are from New York City. Governor Cuomo has a plan
to end the shutdown in New York around May 15th.

Governor Murphy was supposed to have a plan to end the shutdown, and to announce it yesterday at
a 12:00 press conference.

New Jersey has factors that will help it in the summer. It has two things that the virus doesn't like, it
has higher humidity, and higher temperatures than New York. The New Jersey virus is not only flattening the
curve (used to be 6,000 or more cases a day, now less than 3,000 a day), the spread appears to be getting smaller
every day. Also the numbers are misleading, because they do not include people who recovered. Those people
aren't tracked (very few are).

Murphy does'nt give a time table at all. Yet the Governor of New York, which has a much higher issue, already
gave his.

Murphy is a crappy governor. He just babbles on about nothing.

Then Murphy complains they don't have the budget to pay teachers (who are scheduling classes, doing Zoom conferences,
and having online parent conferences).

In a nutshell, it's bullshit.

Murphy also is not doing anything to help people who cannot even get unemployment. New Jersey, the fifth smallest state
in the United States, cannot even correct their' unemployment system.

For the record, Murphy has been in office since 2018, and really has stayed invisible. His predecessor was Governor Cris
Cristie, who in my opinion did a much better job than he did.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

@rclark

"New Jersey has factors that will help it in the summer. It has two things that the virus doesn't like, it
has higher humidity, and higher temperatures than New York."

Thanks, I didn't know this.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

China's coronavirus

@rclark

Help Trump help you.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591- ... 0MDubQQbxY

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2

Kristian G. Andersen, Andrew Rambaut, W. Ian Lipkin, Edward C. Holmes & Robert F. Garry
Nature Medicine volume 26, pages450–452 (2020)
To the Editor — Since the first reports of novel pneumonia (COVID-19) in Wuhan, Hubei province, China1,2, there has been considerable discussion on the origin of the causative virus, SARS-CoV-23 (also referred to as HCoV-19)4. Infections with SARS-CoV-2 are now widespread, and as of 11 March 2020, 121,564 cases have been confirmed in more than 110 countries, with 4,373 deaths5.

SARS-CoV-2 is the seventh coronavirus known to infect humans; SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 can cause severe disease, whereas HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E are associated with mild symptoms6. Here we review what can be deduced about the origin of SARS-CoV-2 from comparative analysis of genomic data. We offer a perspective on the notable features of the SARS-CoV-2 genome and discuss scenarios by which they could have arisen. Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus.
Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:
blackg wrote:
1 month ago
Interference or influence?
With respect, Afro, this is just guess-work reflecting your own political bias.

And this phenomenon regarding hearing more sirens: this could all be psychological as we are more on edge regarding the number of covid cases.
We are more attuned to the sounds of medical chaos.
But maybe I'm wrong as there most likely is an uptake in the number of emergency calls.
The issue with the sirens is real and has been reported by a lot of the media. You can find out more with a simple google link. As for the corruption, Trump and his family are a known quantity in that area, we also know that they're pushing for very weak and/or non-existent oversight of coronavirus funds.