China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Diogenes wrote:
1 week ago
I'll considered it if he performs fellatio on me. Who am I joking, One last time, I am not Wolf Pack :smirk:
Why did you steal nameless from us?? He is under the impression that he will be welcomed with open arms over at the old site.

I was just over there and I spoke to a few of the newer members (they are all newer members) and none of these guys had heard of nameless.

Send him back here.
From Australia: we're all in this together.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

Johnson wrote:
1 week ago
I cant believe America reached 30,000 cases so fast. It felt like they no cases a few weeks ago.

We all need to be as careful as possible now.

The last 5 or 6 days I'm wearing a mask everytime i go out, using hand sanitizer more and more, and not meeting up with friends.

If we're super careful over the next month some of our countries will be okay.

Also - any country that isnt stopping flights ASAP is insane. Only flights that should be considered is trapped national abroad and they should be placed in quarantine for 2 or 3 weeks.
I believe it. They have a mask shortage here. Even doctors and nurses can't get them.

I live in a state where it is growing exponentially. There is a 51 percent increase everyday.

Everything is shutown, except food stores, pharmacies and gas.

The curfew here is 8 PM.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

rclark wrote:
2 weeks ago
They just closed my wife's school down. She is doing online lesson planning. My son is going to be home for Spring break with an extended two weeks.

My daughter's school has been closed down due to the Corona virus.

At my work place they are trying to get us to be able to work remotely.

How are things were you live?

Down here it's in the state of emergency, along with New York. I hope that @Afro_Vacancy and @Guest-2 are alright.

I still don't understand why Pennsylvania is reporting so few cases. Especially since it borders New Jersey.
I'm physically all right.
I am however a little bored, stir crazy, and fearful for the future.
Guest-3 wrote:
3 weeks ago
Did you get a new girlfriend?

I told my supervisor the other day that if they ask us to work from home for an extended period of time, I would simply go to India and work from there. I would hate to be just be alone in my apartment for a long time. I have classes to take but if situation gets to where they are asking us to work from home, I am pretty sure they would allow us to take the rest of the classes for this semester online.

@Afro_Vacancy, what's your take on the whole thing? Do you foresee things getting back to normal anytime soon?
I see that you guys have made pjhair quit -- nice work.

I don't know if we'll have an effective cure or treatment in the near future. There has been some propaganda posted by Trump about hydroxychloroquine, but that's actually not definite at all. The positive result for that drug (along with azithromycin) was from a very weak study, and now there's a risk that people are going to die from self-medicating with those two drugs. This really can't be predicted, sometimes research progresses quickly, and sometimes it does not.

I am very afraid for the reverberations that this might have on the economy and on society. I'm not referring to American Airlines and Hilton Hotels -- they're going to get whatever bailout they need from the federal government. I'm referring to small business and small business employers and employees at that. This has the potential to be an economic bloodbath, everybody from Uber drivers to hairdressers to yoga instructors to small-time landlords to bookshops to restaurants that are not part of chains, and on and on, are at risk of being wiped out. I'm hearing from several people who might go under soon. If it ends in a week, most people will be ok, but if this lasts six months I don't see us avoiding another Great Depression and possibly hyper-inflation.

One of the scarier news items is about migrant workers. Farmers need migrant workers to pick their crops, and they don't have the migrant workers, or they don't have as many, because the borders are closed. That means that most crops will just go un-picked, and we'll be dealing with skyrocketing food prices in a few months time.

The Senate Republicans are completely oblivious to the economic catastrophe that might befall the country, which adds to my fair. They're concerned with grandstanding and with helping upper-middle class people, when there should be a focus on things like extending sick leave, unemployment insurance, and deferrals on short-term loans.

I've been arranging conversations with various people for both my benefit and theirs.

I'll go donate blood in a few days, apparently there's a shortage right now. I called to make sure that I'm eligible. They confirmed, so I should go.

I might volunteer with an organization that's delivering food to poor people. The organization that I normally volunteer with, that does something else, is closed.

I've been doing my normal work from home. In the short-term, I'm someone who's not at risk. But obviously, if the system is fucked, I'll be fucked.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Minoxidil

China's coronavirus

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I am very afraid for the reverberations that this might have on the economy and on society. I'm not referring to American Airlines and Hilton Hotels -- they're going to get whatever bailout they need from the federal government. I'm referring to small business and small business employers and employees at that. This has the potential to be an economic bloodbath, everybody from Uber drivers to hairdressers to yoga instructors to small-time landlords to bookshops to restaurants that are not part of chains, and on and on, are at risk of being wiped out. I'm hearing from several people who might go under soon. If it ends in a week, most people will be ok, but if this lasts six months I don't see us avoiding another Great Depression and possibly hyper-inflation.
Same here. Here's something I just read on the topic... freaky.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/unemp ... 2020-03-22

And welcome back Afro :)

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

I think you guys should stop frightening yourselves into paralysis.
I have faith that the human race (and that includes most of the economic sector) can adjust to the new normal.

Some sectors will survive, though barely, with the new social distancing practices observed. We all just have to be a bit smarter.

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
Oh, the only person responsible for @pjhair leaving is @nameless.

Come back, pj.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
1 week ago
Same here. Here's something I just read on the topic... freaky.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/unemp ... 2020-03-22

And welcome back Afro :)
I don't plan on staying back, at least not as a regular.
I had some some ongoing private conservations to possibly respond to, I had some questions to respond to, and I was disgusted by a personal attack that another poster made, so I logged in for a bit.

Whatever you guys do, stay safe and do what you can to help.
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

I had a hair transplant operation with the clinic of Dr. Emrah Cinik in Istanbul, with 2750 grafts being mostly placed in the front. It was a success both for general aesthetics and general well-being, and I encourage others to do the same.

Wire
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: Overeat

China's coronavirus

Post by Wire » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I'm physically all right.
I am however a little bored, stir crazy, and fearful for the future.

I see that you guys have made pjhair quit -- nice work.

I don't know if we'll have an effective cure or treatment in the near future. There has been some propaganda posted by Trump about hydroxychloroquine, but that's actually not definite at all. The positive result for that drug (along with azithromycin) was from a very weak study, and now there's a risk that people are going to die from self-medicating with those two drugs. This really can't be predicted, sometimes research progresses quickly, and sometimes it does not.

One of the scarier news items is about migrant workers. Farmers need migrant workers to pick their crops, and they don't have the migrant workers, or they don't have as many, because the borders are closed. That means that most crops will just go un-picked, and we'll be dealing with skyrocketing food prices in a few months time.

The Senate Republicans are completely oblivious to the economic catastrophe that might befall the country, which adds to my fair. They're concerned with grandstanding and with helping upper-middle class people, when there should be a focus on things like extending sick leave, unemployment insurance, and deferrals on short-term loans.

I've been arranging conversations with various people for both my benefit and theirs.

I'll go donate blood in a few days, apparently there's a shortage right now. I called to make sure that I'm eligible. They confirmed, so I should go.

I might volunteer with an organization that's delivering food to poor people. The organization that I normally volunteer with, that does something else, is closed.

I've been doing my normal work from home. In the short-term, I'm someone who's not at risk. But obviously, if the system is fucked, I'll be fucked.
Short the market?

I wish I was more involved in finance, should have seen this coming in January.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Wire wrote:
1 week ago
Short the market?

I wish I was more involved in finance, should have seen this coming in January.
Change your avatar as it is offensive.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 week ago
I had some some ongoing private conservations to possibly respond to
What a normal sentence that is.
Look, fat...

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

I can't see the article :thumbdown: all your commie pushing websites need us to pay for all content
Look, fat...

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

I had to subscribe to continue reading (past the headline). The Washington Post is a luxury I can't afford at the moment, Yettee.

Can you tell us the gist of the story?

Added in 51 seconds:
Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago
I can't see the article :thumbdown: all your commie pushing websites need us to pay for all content
lol, true Rudi style. Love it!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

China's coronavirus

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

Another liberal media that can't even be bothered to use proper SEO metadata and a thumbmnail in 2020.

Like this:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/03 ... tandpoint/

viewtopic.php?p=22995#p22995

A truthful small media who tells the truth would rapidly go under for making such mistakes.

But not the exclusively leftist media, they will be bailed out no matter the level of their incompetency and blatant dishonesty, whether it's by commie public funding or by their commie supporters who are happy to enable their lies.

And on top of it, they expect you to pay for that gigantic pile of garbage. I learned at university 10 years ago that this method of funding was not viable anymore. But the New Pravda is not submitted to the laws of reality.
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. - Matthew 6:22 :christian-cross:

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago
:D Sorry... OK... make of it what you will:

Amid the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic, Anthony S. Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been charged with a herculean task: trying to keep President Trump’s public statements about the novel virus rooted in fact.

Now it appears that Fauci’s frustration is showing.

When asked Sunday by Science magazine’s Jon Cohen about having to stand in front of the nation as “the representative of truth and facts” when “things are being said that aren’t true and aren’t factual,” the 79-year-old said there is only so much he can do.

I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down,” Fauci said, referencing Trump. “Okay, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.”

The frank comment was just one part of a remarkable Q&A published Sunday night in which Fauci shed light on his relationship with Trump, how the pair handles their differences and what happens before each coronavirus task force news conference.

On more than one occasion, Fauci, described by The Washington Post’s Ellen McCarthy and Ben Terris as “the grandfatherly captain of the corona­virus crisis,” has found himself in the uncomfortable position of having to publicly contradict the president — a risky action that could conceivably jeopardize the scientist’s job.