China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

China's coronavirus

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

Admin wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'll just pretend that hierarchies of quality and values don't exist and wait for @That Guy to use the flip side of this statement to his advantage. Too bad he's banned until mid-June.

This is about as efficient as saying "I'm not a crook". Good old postmodern yettee paving the way for the far right.

Sorry if this sounds cryptic or unfair, I know you mean well, we don't even need to agree on what ethnic group would come out on top if we ranked them by cleanliness. By saying the above, you have framed the debate a certain way and the other side will be overjoyed to go through that door.

And yes, @Rudiger was joking, which is the best way to diffuse tension regarding those subjects which the modern left has made problematic by trying to deconstruct realities that didn't need any deconstruction at all.

What exactly were you trying to achieve by making the above statement?
Leave it to the great philosopher and truth seer Admin :) to complicate things when they are very simple. A poster said that "Asians and non-whites are disgusting in all ways and have always been ever". In case it was a serious or kind of serious statement I pointed out that I've seen places in Asia that are super clean like I've never seen in the west, and yes also very messy. There's nothing complicated here, just literally pointing out what I've seen to rebut something I read. Postmodern? Whatever...

What was I trying to achieve? Sharing something I've learned as a result of a lot of firsthand experience in Asia, which is that the countries are very different from each other so no generalization about Asians or Asia really fits. I have no idea what Rudiger knows about Asia or his experience there, but in general I see and hear a lot of "Asians are ____" , "Asia is ____" , and it's almost always impossible to generalize based on my experience. To some extent based on individual countries or regions of Asia, sure, but not "Asians" or "Asian countries".

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

@Admin and @Rudiger, along with a few others, love using labels to easily explain complexity.
So let me fill them in on an old Chinese proverb (yes, Chinese).
My translation into English goes like this:

Those who lack cosmopolitan experience need to use labels.

Added in 57 minutes 42 seconds:
Diogenes wrote:
2 weeks ago
Why don't you all let @pjhair know what you think of his ilk.
Thankfully pj has acclimatized to western hygienic standards so he is now one of us.

Added in 4 hours 11 minutes 21 seconds:
Char wrote:
2 weeks ago
Just watched the news today. Some reporter called Trump racist because he referred to corona as China virus, lmao.
This is a global virus possibly started by the U.S. infectious disease department of the military.

The Chinese were just pawns.
From Australia: we're all in this together.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

China's coronavirus

Post by Admin » 1 week ago

yettee wrote:
2 weeks ago
Leave it to the great philosopher and truth seer Admin to complicate things when they are very simple.
pepe-scheming
yettee wrote:
2 weeks ago
I have no idea what Rudiger knows about Asia or his experience there, but in general I see and hear a lot of "Asians are ____" , "Asia is ____" , and it's almost always impossible to generalize based on my experience.
@Rudiger was trolling, you didn't have to chime in 'so serious' to correct his "racist" statement because it was a joke. But you never know, if you hadn't corrected him, maybe the racist aura of his joke would have stayed in the air and through the butterfly effect caused another racist attack in 6 months. You're a true (post)modern hero yettee :clap:.

It's funny because I've traveled all over the world and if anything, it's given me the ability to generalize even more based on my experience. I focus on patterns because it's just a wiser way to live than letting yourself drown in an ocean of exceptions. "Wait, was this particular person of that particular group was nice, well I guess it invalidates the all the similar observations I had made on the other 99 people of his group!"

So you're right, @blackg, I love labels, but for all my love of them, I don't think they're the most important thing about human beings. We do not have to be our labels before everything else, but some people think otherwise, whether it's on the far right (whites are superior) or on the far left (I love muh people of color, race, race, race!).
blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
Those who lack cosmopolitan experience need to use labels.
https://www.thebulletin.be/brussels-hom ... population

And I thought I was the greatest philosopher and truth seer of this forum. It's true that the city I grew up in didn't allow me to acquire "cosmopolitan experience", you got me blackg!
The Bulletin wrote:Brussels, with 62% foreign-born residents, ranks second only to Dubai, which has 83% foreign-born residents. Toronto (46%), Auckland (39%) and Sydney (39%) complete the top five.
:D
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. - Matthew 6:22 :christian-cross:

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

Admin wrote:
1 week ago
@Rudiger was trolling, you didn't have to chime in 'so serious' to correct his "racist" statement because it was a joke. But you never know, if you hadn't corrected him, maybe the racist aura of his joke would have stayed in the air and through the butterfly effect caused another racist attack in 6 months. You're a true (post)modern hero yettee :clap:.

It's funny because I've traveled all over the world and if anything, it's given me the ability to generalize even more based on my experience. I focus on patterns because it's just a wiser way to live than letting yourself drown in an ocean of exceptions. "Wait, was this particular person of that particular group was nice, well I guess it invalidates the all the similar observations I had made on the other 99 people of his group!"
O Great Philosopher-King and Knower of Truth. :)

He was trolling, OK, so my response wasn't necessary. As you well know in this forum there have been an enormous number of racist and ignorant comments (and to your credit you've personally criticized a lot of them), so it wasn't insane to think that it could be another one. That said I haven't seen Rudiger contribute to that, which is why I said, I'm not sure if it's trolling.

As for Asia and generalizing. If you put Asians from Kazakhstan, Japan, and Cambodia in a room, they will find that they likely have absolutely nothing in common. Not dress, diet, personality, look, culture, life experiences, anything. It's not "postmodern" to say this, it's just, like, factual. Can you make some generalizations within a country or people or region? Sure, absolutely. And I actually have strong feelings about which countries (governments) are better/worse actors in the world, etc.

Whatever. How are things in Belgium? I just saw video on Euronews, the streets looked completely barren. Stay safe!

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

China's coronavirus

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 weeks ago
Not to mention another one for falsely accusing someone of being a pedo and completely making shit up in order to do so ;)
One thing I found interesting going back into reading this guys old posts, and I also did assume it was Wolf Pack from the way they write.

viewtopic.php?p=5160#p5160

"1400 squid?!! :o If I wasn't already NW infinity, I would have went for seconds, preferably thirds."

On top of the way he writes, he also said this which obviously suggests it is him:

"I'm not Wolf Pack :wave: and even if I am, doesn't take from anything I've said. Takes the heat from muslims for a while I suppose."

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if these are both true, that this guy is Wolf Cuck and that Wolf Cuck also secretly acknowledged a year ago he was a NW infinity.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 1 week ago

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
One thing I found interesting going back into reading this guys old posts, and I also did assume it was Wolf Pack from the way they write.

viewtopic.php?p=5160#p5160

"1400 squid?!! :o If I wasn't already NW infinity, I would have went for seconds, preferably thirds."

On top of the way he writes, he also said this which obviously suggests it is him:

"I'm not Wolf Pack :wave: and even if I am, doesn't take from anything I've said. Takes the heat from muslims for a while I suppose."

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if these are both true, that this guy is Wolf Cuck and that Wolf Cuck also secretly acknowledged a year ago he was a NW infinity.
Wolf loves mocking baldness so he'd love playing a character of some infinity Norwood guy who is hopeless and depleted, he finds that funny since he got a hair transplant and became a full head.
Look, fat...

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Rudiger wrote:
1 week ago
Wolf loves mocking baldness so he'd love playing a character of some infinity Norwood guy who is hopeless and depleted, he finds that funny since he got a hair transplant and became a full head.
Throughout all the contradictions, I wouldn't be surprised if he's genuinely a baldy. A few people have seen photos, of who the photos were from on the other hand is questionable as is everything else he's ever said about himself.

Hilarious when his profile photo as an Admin on a hair forum was literally just a shot supposedly showing a full, thick hair line lmfao.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
Throughout all the contradictions, I wouldn't be surprised if he's genuinely a baldy. A few people have seen photos, of who the photos were from on the other hand is questionable as is everything else he's ever said about himself.

Hilarious when his profile photo as an Admin on a hair forum was literally just a shot supposedly showing a full, thick hair line lmfao.
Well nothing would surprise me at this point, but personally I think he's a fairly average looking guy (far from Chad or even Chad lite) with hair issues, to me it seems like he actually did get a hair transplant and got it sorted, and this gloating is his power over that baldites.

I'm a balding washed up paddy, arjen is "smooth", it's completely disgraceful that anyone with hair issues could think like this, never mind the long serving moderator of a hair loss site, but that sort of duplicity (pouring sympathy on others, while inside he's laughing at their misfortune) falls in line with all the other narcissistic traits.

The only way I'd think he actually is a baldy, is if sometimes at low moments he likes coming on here with alt accounts and just admitting it, like when you've cracked up with frustration and all you can do is laugh at your site situation.

Also he used at least 3 pics of his hair after his transplant, spread out for nearly a year. I mean, at what point does "inspiring others" simply turn in to rubbing it in their faces?
Look, fat...

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

China's coronavirus

mark_ruffalo_tweet_racist_words_lead_to_racist_actions3.jpg
mark_ruffalo_tweet_racist_words_lead_to_racist_actions3.jpg (69.64 KiB) Viewed 231 times

We've never seen one shred of evidence that "racist rhetoric" (which wouldn't even apply here) leads to actual racist violence. But they'll keep throwing temper tantrums about this until they're blue in the face. When will these people realize that this is not how reality works: "Trump called the virus Chinese, that makes me want to hate and bully random Asians in my neighborhood", I mean stop and think for one second!

As Michael Shermer wrote in Quillette:
Michael Shermer wrote:Modern campaigns aimed at shutting down this or that speaker implicitly present evil as something that may be communicated from one person to another, like bacteria. By this model, censorship is akin to quarantine. But Baumeister tells us “you do not have to give people reasons to be violent, because they already have plenty of reasons. All you have to do is take away their reasons to restrain themselves.” It is absolutely true that some extremist ideologies can encourage adherents to abandon the sense of restraint that Baumeister describes. But the campaign to ban the likes of Jordan Peterson and PewDiePie—individuals whose work bears no relationship at all to the extreme forms of hatred we should be most concerned about—suggests that censors aren’t actually thinking through such propositions. Instead, they seem to be operating on the idea of evil as a quasi-mystical force akin to Satan. In this conception, Peterson and PewDiePie are seen as carriers of evil, much like witches channeling demons from below, no matter that they never actually say or do anything evil in nature.
Source: https://quillette.com/2019/03/26/bannin ... us-astray/

In other (actual) news:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/china-may ... eak-report

Who could have foreseen that?
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. - Matthew 6:22 :christian-cross:

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Admin wrote:
1 week ago

We've never seen one shred of evidence that "racist rhetoric" (which wouldn't even apply here) leads to actual racist violence. But they'll keep throwing temper tantrums about this until they're blue in the face. When will these people realize that this is not how reality works: "Trump called the virus Chinese, that makes me want to hate and bully random Asians in my neighborhood", I mean stop and think for one second!

In other (actual) news:

Mark Ruffalo thinks Chinese may as well be all Asians, because I guess they all look the same right
Look, fat...

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Admin wrote:
1 week ago

In other (actual) news:

You'd think a person like Ruffalo who as a living acts out the written word would have better language comprehension skills than to assume calling the "Chinese virus" when it literally originated in China attacks Chinese people as a race rather than asserting that origin.

Like you said, the assumption that people across the country are stupid enough to not decipher this distinction is ridiculous and offensive, the entire comment says significantly more about the intellect of Ruffalo and those making similar comments than anything. China literally hid knowledge of the virus for 3 months and had their doctors assert it couldn't spread across human beings, failed to quarantine and allowed travel as normal travel in and out of the country. Its borderline genocidal at best, grossly incompetent to the point that the rest of the world should orient away from them wherever they can at best. Its a regime that *literally* has millions of people in concentration camps and has admitted to harvesting the organs of people within them to provide the Chinese health system.

Like you said, its not even Racist rhetoric to anyone who passed grade school English. The Chinese regime is horrific and the US should work to move its supply chain of crucial goods away in the longer term.

Added in 16 minutes 35 seconds:
yettee wrote:
2 weeks ago
Not sure if you are trolling :D , but anyway, I've been all over Asia. In my experience, in general, some countries/places are pretty messy, while others are much MUCH cleaner than any predominantly "white" places I've seen in the West. So it depends.
Having been throughout much of Asia myself, where would you consider "MUCH" cleaner than "any" predominantly white places in the West? Especially in terms of major cities. I haven't been to the US, but also also having been in multitudes of White European countries I can't think of many examples at least for big cities. Maybe Singapore and parts of Japan. Cities of Australia, mainly Adelaide and Melbourne are easily cleaner than any major city I can think of outside of Singapore, which is by no means "much cleaner".

Also, you criticised his generalisation by making another sweeping generalisation. lol.

If we are talking about China, at least when I went which was before the olympics it was bordering on genuinely filthy. Very every few people smoked, threw the buts on the ground and spat on the ground. Its the only country I've been where it was normal for people to spit on the ground and do it in front of each other, even in the city. The air quality is still largely terrible. Not that any of this is caused by race, but poverty breeds filth. Signapore conversely is one of the richest nations on earth.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

China's coronavirus

People in the comments think this was ultimate woke stupidity.

You wish, these antiracist virtue-signalers have shown us countless times that they can always dig deeper.

now_they_re_not_racist_because_they_re_dead.jpg
now_they_re_not_racist_because_they_re_dead.jpg (25.4 KiB) Viewed 179 times

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
Having been throughout much of Asia myself, where would you consider "MUCH" cleaner than "any" predominantly white places in the West? Especially in terms of major cities. I haven't been to the US, but also also having been in multitudes of White European countries I can't think of many examples at least for big cities. Maybe Singapore and parts of Japan. Cities of Australia, mainly Adelaide and Melbourne are easily cleaner than any major city I can think of outside of Singapore, which is by no means "much cleaner".

Also, you criticised his generalisation by making another sweeping generalisation. lol.
I haven't been to SIngapore, but yeah exactly, as for cleaner I was thinking of parts of Japan.

I didn't say "any" predominantly white places in the west, which would indeed be a generalization and impossible to prove, but I said any that I've seen, which is a simple fact. The point I was making is that while some countries/cities in Asia might be messy, some are absolutely orderly and spotless.
JLBB wrote:
1 week ago
Not that any of this is caused by race, but poverty breeds filth.
Agreed! The worst I've seen was

not all, but a place in the river I saw there was like this.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

What I don't understand is eighty percent of people who get this virus have "mild" symptoms.

What are "mild" symptoms? Does that mean they only have a fever, and don't have a strong
lung infection?

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

rclark wrote:
1 week ago
What I don't understand is eighty percent of people who get this virus have "mild" symptoms.

What are "mild" symptoms? Does that mean they only have a fever, and don't have a strong
lung infection?
I think a high % of people who get it have NO symptoms. No fever, nothing that's noticed. Especially young people but can be of any age. As for mild I've seen people talk about like a headache, a little tired, maybe a little cough, almost nothing.