China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
User avatar
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 652
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1900
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

China's coronavirus

#25328

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

Wire wrote: 1 week ago Mask wearing IS consistent with a path back to normalcy. The path itself may not be normal (masks required)
Masks required doesn't mean anything in much of the USA...


User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1487
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2187
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

#25329

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

What kills me is that most Republicans are smart enough to know it's wrong not to wear masks.
They understand why Trump is a bad choice for America during a pandemic.

Here's the Republican Lincoln group's advertisement.

https://lincolnproject.us/video/wakeup/

This is the fist election for me, in thirty two years, where I'm very unmotivated to vote. After the
2000 and 2016 elections, I don't think it matters. The popular vote doesn't mean shit in the United
States.

I think my mail in application already expired.

Hopefully angry MAGA supporters will catch the virus, and it kills most of them. Because sending the
children back to school will probably kill a lot of parents who are Democrats, which is Trump's
destraction plan.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2322
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4260

China's coronavirus

#25331

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Guest-4 wrote: 1 week ago In contrast, do you know what fraction of the population you need to get sick in order to achieve herd immunity with a perfect quarantine?

0%.
But this scenario eventually relies on a vaccine, no?
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1980
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5536
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

#25332

Post by Guest-4 » 1 week ago

Wire wrote: 1 week ago Mask wearing IS consistent with a path back to normalcy. The path itself may not be normal (masks required), but the end outcome is the same.
What masks and sane physical distancing will do is to reduce the Re during the path to normalcy.

A perfect quarantine is not feasible outside of China.
If most people are still wearing masks and physically distancing and many businesses are closed then no, we're not back to normal.

Normal is where people were in 2019. No masks, no physical distancing. Movie theaters, gyms, restaurants, schools, etc are open. Herd immunity to return to that normal would require that most of the population be infected.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1487
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2187
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

#25336

Post by rclark » 1 week ago

Maybe having a deadly virus is more normal than we thought.

Scientists still haven't been able to prevent leprosy, although it's a bacteria and 95% of
people are immune to it, it's been around for a very long time.

On the other hand it is scary to think we can get reinfected with this virus, but if those secondary infections
are not as bad as the original, maybe it's not a scary idea.

It's crazy to think kids are going back to school this fall, but they are.

I'm going to the voting booth this November. I'm not going to let crazy "Make America Great Again" supporters scare me,
This country is already in the toilet.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25337

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

You know she's a Trump supporter when he behaves like that in front of her minor child. I think she's going to end up in jail.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 88687.html

Added in 6 minutes 43 seconds:
Another Trump supporter coughing on people because she's told to wear a mask.

https://www.insider.com/coughing-karen- ... ple-2020-6

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1980
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5536
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

#25338

Post by Guest-4 » 1 week ago

nameless wrote: 1 week ago She behaves like that in front of her minor child. I think she's going to end up in jail.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 88687.html

Added in 6 minutes 43 seconds:
Another Trump supporter coughing on people because she's told to wear a mask.

https://www.insider.com/coughing-karen- ... ple-2020-6
Absolutely revolting sack of shit.

Everybody (who can) should wear a mask in places like NY City, particularly if they're coughing all over the place.

I think as little of her as I do of people who drive under the influence.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25339

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Guest-4 wrote: 1 week ago Absolutely revolting sack of shit.

Everybody (who can) should wear a mask in places like NY City, particularly if they're coughing all over the place.

I think as little of her as I do of people who drive under the influence.
Obviously I agree with you. But there is one thing I would ask you to reconsider - I actually posted two links to two separate incidents about two different women coughing on innocent people. I hope you saw them both. Both times it was women doing the coughing on someone intentionally.

This type of behavior seems like in-your-face shit you would get from MAGA men but I guess the women can be just as creepy and soulless as men. When I was a kid I would always hear guys being called "Jerks" but clearly women can be jerks too.

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1487
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2187
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

China's coronavirus

#25341

Post by rclark » 1 week ago



When the woman in the middle sings about not being a sex slave, I cannot believe it,
and I feel she has major self esteem issues.

She has an inner attractiveness that matches her outer attractiveness.

In fact, I think I am going to make her a guest on my show.

You must be legally blind, @Yettee, to NOT want to
have SEX with that woman in the video.

I remember a guest on my show who did sleep with her. I believe his name
was @Rudiger.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25362

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

This site is getting kind of dull. I'm starting to spend more and more time at other hair websites because THEY actually talk about hair.

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1980
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5536
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

#25363

Post by Guest-4 » 1 week ago

nameless wrote: 1 week ago This site is getting kind of dull. I'm starting to spend more and more time at other hair websites because THEY actually talk about hair.
I posted a transplant follow up thread a while back but it was derailed by a bullying attack motivated by the craving to start a flame war.

All that to say, you should get a hair transplant.

When did you first join hair loss sites?

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2322
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4260

China's coronavirus

#25365

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Nameless don't need hair.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1070
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 791
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

#25366

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Guest-4 wrote: 1 week ago I posted a transplant follow up thread a while back but it was derailed by a bullying attack motivated by the craving to start a flame war.

All that to say, you should get a hair transplant.

When did you first join hair loss sites?
I've been posting at one hair website or another for a decade or more. This site has the least amount of issues related to hair. I think that may be partly why there's so much bickering and bs going on here. It's because this hair website isn't really about hair. It's a site for people to banter and bullshit. It's a site to socialize at. That's why I say that I've actually learnt stuff here - because it's actually a socialization site and since I'm bipolar that means I've got socialization issues. I think that's why I've come here so long. But I don't think I can get much if anything else from this site. It's just too much fighting and too little socializing. But as bad as my socializing may seem to other posters it is actually improved over what it was when I first got here. I've picked up some things. And I think I may have learnt more than I can tell right now because I'm mentally struggling with hair loss right now. I think if/when a real cure for hair loss hits the market my mind will pull together and then I will see how much I've learnt the past years. My mind's state of composure is a real problem right now. I'm communicating through that problematic state but of course since my mind's composure is problematic that's affecting my communication. I'm sure that if/when my composure pulls together my communication could improve dramatically. I'm really looking forward to seeing a true breakthrough cure hit the market, and the impact of that on me personally. I think it's going to have a tremendous impact on me personally. I refer to my mental health, not my appearance.

User avatar
Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1980
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5536
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

#25385

Post by Guest-4 » 6 days ago

nameless wrote: 1 week ago I've been posting at one hair website or another for a decade or more. This site has the least amount of issues related to hair. I think that may be partly why there's so much bickering and bs going on here. It's because this hair website isn't really about hair. It's a site for people to banter and bullshit. It's a site to socialize at. That's why I say that I've actually learnt stuff here - because it's actually a socialization site and since I'm bipolar that means I've got socialization issues. I think that's why I've come here so long. But I don't think I can get much if anything else from this site. It's just too much fighting and too little socializing. But as bad as my socializing may seem to other posters it is actually improved over what it was when I first got here. I've picked up some things. And I think I may have learnt more than I can tell right now because I'm mentally struggling with hair loss right now. I think if/when a real cure for hair loss hits the market my mind will pull together and then I will see how much I've learnt the past years. My mind's state of composure is a real problem right now. I'm communicating through that problematic state but of course since my mind's composure is problematic that's affecting my communication. I'm sure that if/when my composure pulls together my communication could improve dramatically. I'm really looking forward to seeing a true breakthrough cure hit the market, and the impact of that on me personally. I think it's going to have a tremendous impact on me personally. I refer to my mental health, not my appearance.
That's a really elegant and thoughtful post nameless. One of your best. Thank you for sharing.

Are you looking forward to anything else unrelated to your hair?

Remind me, how old were you when you started balding? At what age were you NW3?

I agree that there's been too much bickering on this site which has caused several people to leave. Perhaps in time things will improve to a new equilibrium.

User avatar
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2322
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 4260

China's coronavirus

#25386

Post by blackg » 6 days ago

I hope nameless finds peace and I hope he sticks around here for the NFL season, if we get one.
Straight outta Del Boca Vista!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post