China's coronavirus

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
C4L
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: none

China's coronavirus

Post by C4L » 8 months ago

Okay, this virus is the first happening i’m worried about.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.

China's coronavirus

Post by Admin » 8 months ago

C4L wrote: 8 months ago Okay, this virus is the first happening i’m worried about.
I hadn't even heard of that virus.

But I had even heard less of its likely origin:

:wtf:

:worried:
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Post by That Guy » 7 months ago

Somewhere around 50 - 80 people are dead thus far.

Many places in China have no more room for cemeteries, so they cremate the dead.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... s-1339090/

There's just one problem.

They can't cremate them fast enough!

https://theinitium.com/article/20200126 ... -patients/

https://www.rt.com/news/479244-germany- ... st-denial/

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

China's coronavirus

Post by blackg » 7 months ago

The only way forward is up. High-rise cemeteries.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

China's coronavirus

Post by Guest-4 » 7 months ago

It used to be that @nameless was the one who'd get criticized for posting too many threads.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

blackg wrote: 7 months ago The only way forward is up. High-rise cemeteries.
Clearly, up through the chimney isn't working.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

China's coronavirus

Post by nameless » 7 months ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote: 7 months ago It used to be that @nameless was the one who'd get criticized for posting too many threads.
True. And I still start the occasional fun bs thread now and then. For example, see my request to Admin for him to change the name of the website. Of course I made that thread to razz Admin a wee bit.

C4L
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW7
Regimen: none

China's coronavirus

Post by C4L » 7 months ago

When I was in the airport in Malaysia a couple of days ago a group of Wuhan (?) Chinese was accompanied by airport guards in masks. There was loud alert in the airport that Wuhan people go to quarantine.

80% of people in Asian airports are in masks.

Chinese are returning from their New Year in China to their countries.

Expect outbreaks.

Officials are silent and that's when everyone should be highly concerned.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, hope.

China's coronavirus

Post by Admin » 7 months ago

I've seen a few leftist "friends" of mine on social media say they were concerned about the racism that this virus was apparently causing. Some people are apparently keeping their distance from Chinese people, well Asian people since... :D.

The most radical leftists also say it's disrespectful to criticize the Chinese still eat the bat soup and other unsanitary meals that very likely led to this virus outbreak. It's racism you see because who are we to judge? Who can tell what constitutes appropriate food to eat?!

Maybe not eating food that cause massive virus outbreaks would be a good start. To come back to the part about people keeping their distance from Asian people. Is that really that irrational given the reality of the situation? Some people on the left just can't reason anymore when it comes to racialized (God I hate using their words but I guess it works here) problems.

It's the same with Islam where all constructive criticism of the religion will be regarded with suspicion of underlying racism just because the vast majority of its adherent happen to be brown. Some leftists really need to take a step back and stop getting angry at people for having relatively normal and rational reactions to problems that are actually real.

I remember people saying that they wouldn't go to the airport when the threat of Ebola was at its peak in 2014 and...

https://www.theverge.com/2014/10/8/6941 ... tty-racist

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-29714657

Nevermind, I just did a quick Google search and of course, fear of getting Ebola was also racist.
:christian-cross: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

China's coronavirus

Post by Rudiger » 7 months ago

I'm not even joking when I think very shortly we should all be stockpiling large supplies of survival food and water, the infrastructure we have right now can easily break in to crisis and desperation within a week.

Added in 7 minutes 2 seconds:
Admin wrote: 7 months ago I've seen a few leftist "friends" of mine on social media say they were concerned about the racism that this virus was apparently causing. Some people are apparently keeping their distance from Chinese people, well Asian people since... :D.

The most radical leftists also say it's disrespectful to criticize the Chinese still eat the bat soup and other unsanitary meals that very likely led to this virus outbreak. It's racism you see because who are we to judge? Who can tell what constitutes appropriate food to eat?!

Maybe not eating food that cause massive virus outbreaks would be a good start. To come back to the part about people keeping their distance from Asian people. Is that really that irrational given the reality of the situation? Some people on the left just can't reason anymore when it comes to racialized (God I hate using their words but I guess it work here) problems.

It's the same with Islam where all constructive criticism of the religion will be regarded with suspicion of underlying racism just because the vast majority of its adherent happen to be brown. Some leftists really need to take a step back and stop getting angry at people for having relatively normal and rational reactions to problems that are actually real.

I remember people saying that they wouldn't go to the airport when the threat of Ebola was at its peak in 2014 and...

Nevermind, I just did a quick Google search and of course, fear of getting Ebola was also racist.
Which by the way, also repeatedly makes a comeback, despite people thinking it ended years ago and was never a real global threat in the first place.

https://reliefweb.int/report/democratic ... tuation-92

This is a virus that was never controlled by human intervention, just human cells mutating to fight it. So how does it keep returning after 5 decades? Because viruses mutate too.

It could have easily been "coronavirus" at any point, and still could.
Look, fat...

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Post by Guest-3 » 7 months ago

Admin wrote: 7 months ago I've seen a few leftist "friends" of mine on social media say they were concerned about the racism that this virus was apparently causing. Some people are apparently keeping their distance from Chinese people, well Asian people since... :D.
It's not just your friends. Look at the insane political correctness of a school in Canada. Parents filed a petition requesting that students who visited China should be kept away from school for some time. Schools response is that we shoudln't make "assumptions" about the virus as it "runs the risk of demonstrating bias and racism, even when made in the name of safety."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... IRpfyOhyOQ
Trump 2020

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

Maybe not eating food that cause massive virus outbreaks would be a good start. To come back to the part about people keeping their distance from Asian people. Is that really that irrational given the reality of the situation? Some people on the left just can't reason anymore when it comes to racialized (God I hate using their words but I guess it works here) problems.

or when they deny that Jews are pulling strings of our civilizations' collapse.

Anyway,

Something else that's funny about that is that certain illnesses, genetic diseases, etc. are more common not only in certain parts of the world, but certain races are much more prone to them.

The fear of Asians giving you Corona, and not the shitty mexican beer, is perfectly justified. Just like Arabs giving you the ackbar or Africans giving you the rape-AIDs and stealing your bike is a perfectly justified fear.

Regarding food, I used to eat Sushi, not because I liked it but because there was a couple Japanese restaurants my friends liked going to, but I swore it off years ago. Any other restaurant it would be a healthcode violation to serve raw fish, but if we told zipper heads they couldn't do it, we'd be racist Neo-Nazis. We can't drink unpasteurized milk because a guy got a stomach cramp in 60s, but raw fish that infects many with countless parasites straight outta Resident Evil is legal because not doing so is oppression that reminds chinks of their time on the railroad or something.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/30/heal ... index.html

I always thought a lot of the shit East Asians eat is just fucked up. Penis worms in South Korea, Bats and bugs in China, "dancing squid" in Japan...

Sorry, but there is in fact "food" we should or should not be eating, and there are dignified ways of preparing fish and animals for human consumption.

Asians have no concept of that.

Lastly, one thing that I am just dying of laughter of here in Canada: I've seen reports of the people here who've contracted the virus.

Rice-cooker white man and his "love-you-longtime" wife lmfao.

Let this be a lesson to @JLBB and all: Plow the rice, pay the price.

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

China's coronavirus

Post by Guest-3 » 7 months ago

That Guy wrote: 7 months ago I always thought a lot of the shit East Asians eat is just fucked up. Penis worms in South Korea, Bats and bugs in China, "dancing squid" in Japan...
From what I have read so far, this virus really did originate in a market that sells animals for consumption. I agree with you that a lot of things that' are eaten in East Asia just look very unhealthy and dangerous. I always thought it appears that way to me because I am a vegetarian and I wasn't born and raised there.
Trump 2020

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

China's coronavirus

Post by JLBB » 7 months ago

That Guy wrote: 7 months ago or when they deny that Jews are pulling strings of our civilizations' collapse.

Anyway,

Something else that's funny about that is that certain illnesses, genetic diseases, etc. are more common not only in certain parts of the world, but certain races are much more prone to them.

The fear of Asians giving you Corona, and not the shitty mexican beer, is perfectly justified. Just like Arabs giving you the ackbar or Africans giving you the rape-AIDs and stealing your bike is a perfectly justified fear.

Regarding food, I used to eat Sushi, not because I liked it but because there was a couple Japanese restaurants my friends liked going to, but I swore it off years ago. Any other restaurant it would be a healthcode violation to serve raw fish, but if we told zipper heads they couldn't do it, we'd be racist Neo-Nazis. We can't drink unpasteurized milk because a guy got a stomach cramp in 60s, but raw fish that infects many with countless parasites straight outta Resident Evil is legal because not doing so is oppression that reminds chinks of their time on the railroad or something.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/30/heal ... index.html

I always thought a lot of the shit East Asians eat is just fucked up. Penis worms in South Korea, Bats and bugs in China, "dancing squid" in Japan...

Sorry, but there is in fact "food" we should or should not be eating, and there are dignified ways of preparing fish and animals for human consumption.

Asians have no concept of that.

Lastly, one thing that I am just dying of laughter of here in Canada: I've seen reports of the people here who've contracted the virus.

Rice-cooker white man and his "love-you-longtime" wife lmfao.

Let this be a lesson to @JLBB and all: Plow the rice, pay the price.

Very different contexts for your examples. Corona infected a specific group of Asians, I suspect and from what I've seen potentially something that got out of a lab in Wuhan. Its not caused because Asian's are more susceptible, but rather because of geographical location of its inception.

On the other hand your African example is clearly related to IQ and genetics, Arab largely cultural with a dose of genetics.

"Sorry, but there is in fact "food" we should or should not be eating, and there are dignified ways of preparing fish and animals for human consumption."

You sound like a Moslem. Although I do agree somewhat on your sushi point and unless its prepared by experts in a smaller, fine dining context from high quality suppliers it would be better off avoided. Watching a cute Asian girl eating a bat or squirming tentacles is hot af though.

Added in 3 minutes 33 seconds:

Imagine their reaction in the context of it being reversed, groups of white people carrying a disease travelling to foreign countries and you realise how completely full of shit they are.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

China's coronavirus

JLBB wrote: 7 months ago Very different contexts for your examples. Corona infected a specific group of Asians, I suspect and from what I've seen potentially something that got out of a lab in Wuhan. Its not caused because Asian's are more susceptible, but rather because of geographical location of its inception.
I actually did write "not saying that's the case with this virus but" but it appears that when I was editing it to make the squid picture work I accidentally deleted that line. Thought something was missing.
JLBB wrote: 7 months ago On the other hand your African example is clearly related to IQ and genetics, Arab largely cultural with a dose of genetics.
Culture is the product of race/genetics. Islam mostly seems to have been Arabs attempt at containing their own nature. They'd probably be scarier without Islam to be honest. Central Asians have Islam too, but they're not nearly as violent and crazy as the Arab and Africans are.
JLBB wrote: 7 months agoYou sound like a Moslem.
Yeah, because Moslems are deeply concerned with the dignity of animals. Just ask these guys

JLBB wrote: 7 months ago Watching a cute Asian girl eating a bat or squirming tentacles is hot af though.
This is just cringe af. Even full-on beta weebz don't usually say shit like this