Story of a guy who went bald at 19 and embraced his baldness

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Guest-2 » 9 months ago

Johnson wrote: 9 months ago Perhaps it's just my perception.

For a man in his late 30s I would say he's a 7 for that age group.

Way better looking than average.
Not in my opinion he’s like a 6.

He’s not ugly, but I wouldn’t be attracted to him with or without hair from his photos alone.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 9 months ago

Arjen wrote: 9 months ago 2.5 points/a 7.5 with hair? Nah, I‘m with hairblues on this one. Maybe 5.5 vs. 6.5.
These numbers are correct, although I'd lean more towards a 7. But as I've mentioned before there is conventional attractiveness and beyond that a person can have other qualities people find endearing or conversely be dealbreakers, eg a guy can be a 6.5 but look "cute" or pleasant in a way that specific people might find attractive. With hairloss on the other hand as Afro mentioned its not simply that he looks like a 5.5 with hairloss, he looks like a meatheaded goon, a, expendable, voiceless man that would be the first to die in some bad action movie.

I think he's definitely a 7 pre-hairloss, but some specific women might notice aspects like @Johnson mentioned, the good skin, good jawline and the muscle mass and look to his personality more, thereby allowing him to hit above his weight more easily. When you are bald, these qualities no longer are able to shine through and you become much closer to just another generic bald guy as this guy does. For many even taking aside looks the hairloss is just a dealbreaker.

The reality is also that if you're around that 7 level you're probably somewhat attractive to the majority of the population, again meaning its a lot easier to hit above your weight or go for women who you also find attractive. When you're at a 5.5 level, ultimately the person who is dating you is going to be settling rather than dating someone they specifically find attractive.

In the most basic sense, take away the rating system and he looks fine pre-hairloss, he looks like shit when he's bald. Even his wife acts a little awkward in the video when she sees the shaved head. His beard also looks fucking terrible Jesus Christ.

"I really do get the negative impact of baldness, but in my view, the positive impact of hair tends to be overrated."

Considering you consistently complain about your inability to procure or date women you find attractive, I very much doubt that. Especially when facially you're undoubtedly attractive and also have a good career. I know I've said it a hundred times but I think you could get almost anyone you wanted if you had a decent set of hair and maybe put on a small amount of muscle, even forty minutes a week at the gym would do it.

Guest-2
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Post by Guest-2 » 9 months ago

JLBB wrote: 9 months ago These numbers are correct, although I'd lean more towards a 7. But as I've mentioned before there is conventional attractiveness and beyond that a person can have other qualities people find endearing or conversely be dealbreakers, eg a guy can be a 6.5 but look "cute" or pleasant in a way that specific people might find attractive. With hairloss on the other hand as Afro mentioned its not simply that he looks like a 5.5 with hairloss, he looks like a meatheaded goon, a, expendable, voiceless man that would be the first to die in some bad action movie.

I think he's definitely a 7 pre-hairloss, but some specific women might notice aspects like @Johnson mentioned, the good skin, good jawline and the muscle mass and look to his personality more, thereby allowing him to hit above his weight more easily. When you are bald, these qualities no longer are able to shine through and you become much closer to just another generic bald guy as this guy does. For many even taking aside looks the hairloss is just a dealbreaker.

The reality is also that if you're around that 7 level you're probably somewhat attractive to the majority of the population, again meaning its a lot easier to hit above your weight or go for women who you also find attractive. When you're at a 5.5 level, ultimately the person who is dating you is going to be settling rather than dating someone they specifically find attractive.

In the most basic sense, take away the rating system and he looks fine pre-hairloss, he looks like shit when he's bald. Even his wife acts a little awkward in the video when she sees the shaved head. His beard also looks fucking terrible Jesus Christ.

"I really do get the negative impact of baldness, but in my view, the positive impact of hair tends to be overrated."

Considering you consistently complain about your inability to procure or date women you find attractive, I very much doubt that. Especially when facially you're undoubtedly attractive and also have a good career. I know I've said it a hundred times but I think you could get almost anyone you wanted if you had a decent set of hair and maybe put on a small amount of muscle, even forty minutes a week at the gym would do it.
From my memory @Johnson is much better looking that that guy in the video with or without hair.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 9 months ago

Hairblues wrote: 9 months ago From my memory @Johnson is much better looking that that guy in the video with or without hair.
Yeah I agree. Even with a thin looking NW3 Johnson looked much better than with a shaved head though in my opinion.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 3 months ago

Johnson wrote: 9 months ago Saw this on my youtube feed today and thought it was quite nice:

I do like that we're getting more personal testimonials to how hair loss impacts many of us.

He also looks pretty good with or without hair.
I have no idea why people down voted you on this.

A lot of guys can pull this look off very well.

I can't pull off shorter than an #8 guard, but that doesn't mean others can't.