What was your motivation for trolling someone online?

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
Hairblues
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Topical minoxidil and finasteride

Re: What was your motivation for trolling someone online?

Post by Hairblues » 2 weeks ago

Johnson wrote:
2 weeks ago
Has anyone ever intentionally trolled online or been abusive to someone you've not met (IRL) on the internet?

What was your motive?

I see some people go onto celebrities instagrams and call them ugly or fat or retarded or something of that ilk.

Is it usually to let off steam or do they genuinely want the receiver of the abuse to feel hurt?
I’ve never trolled anyone like you’re describing.

Like as much as I can’t stand Trump I don follow him on social media and say things to him.
Trying to think of a celebrity that annoys me as much and I’m drawing a blank.

I don’t tend to dislike celebrities because I disagree with them.
Like Patrick Heston and Kesley Grammar are very staunch conservatives and I don’t feel any kind of annoyance with them. I don’t have desire to turn station if they say something I disagree with or avoid a tv show they are i. (Boss was really good).
Mostly because they speak from a place of intelligence and reasoning and are not hostile so it’s like I can absorbe them.
Where when I see some pundits who are so aggressive and angry I can’t really absorb their differing point.
I can’t think of celebrities who get that aggressive who are on the right that I’m aware of. I do know we have some on left and I can understand if people get turned off.
Ohh scot Baio (not that he’s got show business career any longer) and Stacy dash, I tend to glaze over when they talk about politics.

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 2 weeks ago

What’s trolling?

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Pat wrote:
2 weeks ago
What’s trolling?
This is clearly a lame attempt at trying to troll us, nice try guy. :think:
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Johnson
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

Post by Johnson » 2 weeks ago

Hairblues wrote:
2 weeks ago
I’ve never trolled anyone like you’re describing.

Like as much as I can’t stand Trump I don follow him on social media and say things to him.
Trying to think of a celebrity that annoys me as much and I’m drawing a blank.

I'm the same way. If I don't like someone irl or online I do my best to avoid them as its not worth the energy to fixate on them.

The only time I think it may be worth intervening or speaking out (in a dignified manner) is if they are dangerous to society (someone inciting violence, for example).

C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: none

Post by C4L » 2 weeks ago

If he delivers like nameless.
Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
What do you mean?
Save me from destiny.

C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
What do you mean?
@nameless is a sweet target to trolling that’s what I mean.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
@nameless is a sweet target to trolling that’s what I mean.
You aren't trolling me. You and I just started talking 2 days ago and you've been here posting for a year. Are you saying that your year-long presence here has been an effort to troll me? What a laugh! Why would you have started an effort to troll me 1 year ago? That makes no sense.

Added in 2 minutes 41 seconds:
blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
What do you mean?
He's trying to pretend he's been trolling me. What a laugh! He's been here for about a year. And now he's trying to say he's been trying to troll me all along. That's ludicrous! I've only been talking to him for a couple of days so he would have left long ago if his intent had been to troll little ole me since I've rarely, if ever, even responded to him until very recently. I find it very hard to believe that he's been hanging out here posting for a year trolling me in the hope that he could get little ole me to eventually "deliver".

Even C4L's line at the bottom of his posts is propaganda in support of Russia. He could even be a Russian bot. He could have been brought here by known Russian supporter "That Guy". Here is what the line at the bottom of every post by him says...

"Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite."

@Admin

C4L could be a Russian bot posting Russian propaganda here. Even if he isn't a Russian bot he's still posting russian propaganda here. The below line is in every post he makes...

"Russians must save Europe from the racist liberal elite."

You think C4L is just some bloke talking with you but that's how the russian mind-fuck works. They tailor-make text to impact specifically on people at a specific community. Part of the line I draw your attention contains the words "the racist liberal elite" which is exactly the kind of text the russian bots were putting into text. Notice how the line says something good about russia ("russians saving Europe) and combines that with other text ("racist liberal elite") that should appeal to people at this right-leaning site. The text gets chummy with right-wingers and it talks positive about russia as the savior.

Added in 12 minutes 45 seconds:
Fred, the line I'm drawing your attention to at the bottom of his posts is some of the exact kind of text that Russian bots were posting at sites to infect the minds of Americans during the 2016 elections. Here is an example of text that russian bots put in their psts at various sites, including Facebook:

“Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein. Trust me, it’s not a wasted vote.”

The russian bots would add this above line/text to their posts when they would post at left-wing websites in order to push left-wingers to decide it was OK to vote for Stein instead of Clinton. It may seem like a simple meaningless line but imagine a tree-hugger seeing that line over and over and over again.

During the 2016 US elections russia created fake misleading news stories. The bots, and there are many of them, were going into online communities and posting just a few sentences or even just one sentence over and over and over again in their posts and establishing USA friendships and giving those USA friendships false info (including links to phony articles and even just chummy talk) that was actually a way for russia to try to push those USA voters to vote the way the russians wanted them to vote. It was all very subtle and the US voters this was being done to didn't even know it was happening to them. The russian text posted at each site was designed to strike a cord within the people they were trying to reach at that specific site.

And your friendly neighborhood, russian-loving "That Guy" would be more than happy to bring a russian troll or bot here to try to convince right-leaning posters that they should open their arms to "savior" russia.

Added in 1 hour 47 minutes 10 seconds:
C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
What do you mean when you say I "deliver"?

You posted earlier that you wanted to stop talking to me but now you say you want me to deliver, which means you want me to keep posting to you? What you're saying doesn't make sense. I think you might be a russian bot. I think you might be at some russian troll farm.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 10 times in total.

C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

fucking LOL at nameless

he is a total lunatic

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

C4L wrote:
2 weeks ago
fucking LOL at nameless

he is a total lunatic
Hey C4l, I said you *might* be a russian bot. And you might be. The behavior you're exhibiting is the kind of behavior that the russian bots exhibited at right wing sites during the 2016 election period. Here is what they did compared to what you do.

1. They went into a lot of right wing sites all over the net and mingled. Check! You're doing that here. This site leans right-wing.

2 They pushed for Trump to succeed. Check! You do this.

3. They repeatedly used a specific line(s) of text language that would appeal strongly to right-wingers (like your line "racist liberal elite") and would elevate russia's profile among USA right-wingers (like calling russia the "savior" of Europe). Check! You're doing this.

Hence, I think you *might* be a russian bot.

I also understand that you might not be a russian bot. What evidence can you post that proves you're not a russian bot?
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 5 times in total.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
2 weeks ago
Hey creep. I said you *might* be a russian bot. And you might be. The behavior you're exhibiting is the kind of behavior that the russian bots exhibited at right wing sites in the 2016 election period. Here is what they did compared to what you do at right wing sites.

1. They went into a lot of right wing sites all over the net and mingled. Check! You're doing that here. This site leans right-wing.

2 They pushed for Trump to succeed. Check! You do this.

3. They repeated used a specific line(s) of text language that would appeal strongly to right-wingers (like your line "racist liberal elite") and would elevate russia's profile among USA right-wingers (like calling russia the savior of russia). Check! You're doing this.

Hence, I think you *might* be a russian bot.

I understand that you might not be a russian bot. What evidence can you post that proves you are not a russian bot?
Why are the Russians investing resources into convincing hair loss sufferers to support Trump? What do you think is motivating them to target this particular community?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.

C4L
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Nameless, why should we support Trump, who is one of the Greatest Presidents of the US, if there are commies like Bernie Sanders (dropped out though) and Elizabeth Warren?

If I'd be a "Russian bot", I'd go all-in for Elizabeth Warren because her program will destroy the US like commies destroyed Russian statehood.

Remember, we aren't your enemies, commies are.
A spectre is haunting Europe – the spectre of communism.
Last edited by C4L 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
2 weeks ago
Why are the Russians investing resources into convincing hair loss sufferers to support Trump? What do you think is motivating them to target this particular community?
Good question. Let me research that issue and see if there could be any sense to it. I'll get back to you on this in a day or two.

Added in 14 minutes 6 seconds:
I'm just starting to do some research and I just now found out what a "bot" is and the difference between a "bot" and a "troll". In case anyone here doesn't know the difference between the two for the purpose of this discussion a bot is an automated fake identity and a troll is a real human who may be using a fake identity. I'm going to do my deep dive research tomorrow. Good night to everyone. I'm going to get to the bottom of whether or not what I'm suggesting *might" be happening makes sense (given what's known about bots and trolls) or not, and then get back to everyone. Goodnight.
Last edited by nameless 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
2 weeks ago
Good question. Let me research that issue and see if there could be any sense to it. I'll get back to you on this in a day or two.

Added in 14 minutes 6 seconds:
In just starting to do some research and I just now found out what a "bot" is and the difference between a "bot" and a "troll". In case anyone here doesn't know the difference between the two for the purpose of this discussion a bot is an automated fake identity and a troll is a real human who may be using a fake identity. I'm going to do my deep dive research tomorrow. Good night to everyone. I'm going to get to the bottom of whether or not what I'm suggesting *might" be happening makes sense (given what's known about bots and trolls) or not, and then get back to everyone. Goodnight.
Make sure to only get your information from MSNBC, although I probably don't have to tell you that.

Added in 11 hours 33 minutes 24 seconds:
That Guy wrote:
2 weeks ago
The only real gas chamber is the one your congresswoman is holding
Realistically though, how is this comment not trolling? You can argue on numbers of Jews that were actually killed and compare that number to other international genocides and personally I think there is some worth it that, but your comment here is the definition of a troll post. Its only written to provoke its audience and can't be serious in how inaccurate it is.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 2 weeks ago

JLBB wrote:
2 weeks ago
Make sure to only get your information from MSNBC, although I probably don't have to tell you that.

Added in 11 hours 33 minutes 24 seconds:

Realistically though, how is this comment not trolling? You can argue on numbers of Jews that were actually killed and compare that number to other international genocides and personally I think there is some worth it that, but your comment here is the definition of a troll post. Its only written to provoke its audience and can't be serious in how inaccurate it is.
Why do you think that he isn't serious?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

"I do still post to criticise others" - Rudiger.