American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: American football thread

Post by nameless » 4 months ago

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
Damn it!! Bills beat the Titans. Good pick, nameless. You picked the Bills to win by 5 and they win by seven.
Closest pick yet.

The Giants also went down today. This is a shit day!

Thanks! I'm picking the Titans to win by 10 at the Broncos. I might change the points over the next week before the game starts.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 4 months ago

Did anyone see the Monday night game? Browns got smacked, again.
I ate her ass.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

I still predict the Titans by 10 and I also predict that the Titans are going to start a winning streak now.
Last edited by nameless 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

@nameless @Yettee do you guys think the 49ers will continue their winning ways against the Rams at the L.A. Coliseum tomorrow?
Or will they drop to 4-1?

The line I'm seeing is 49ers +3.

P.S. I'll follow namejob and take the Titans over Denver.
I ate her ass.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 4 months ago

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
@nameless @Yettee do you guys think the 49ers will continue their winning ways against the Rams at the L.A. Coliseum tomorrow?

I think the 9rs are probably for real. 49ers +3. :thumbup:

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
4 months ago

The 49ers have been adding good players by way of early draft picks plus some good trades. They have a nice roster. But the 49ers are a new to beng a good team while the Rams have been good for awhile. Plus the game is being played in LA. I'm taking the Rams. But I wouldn't listen to me because I'm usually wrong.

Added in 4 hours 1 minute 51 seconds:
Titans versus Denver is a very bad football game.

I hate to say it but I think the Titans should give up on Mariotta.

Tennessee O-line has given up 3 sacks already at the end of the 1st half.

The only good news is that the Broncos are also playing poorly so the score is only 6-0.

Added in 48 minutes 52 seconds:
It's now 13 to 0. The Titans can't move the ball.

Marcus Mariotta just got benched and Tannehill is playing QB for the Titans. How dramatic.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Damn Broncos!
I ate her ass.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

I think QB Marcus Mariota was playing poorly for the Titans. I think benching him was the right thing to do. Coach Vrabel replaced him with Ryan Tannehill. I think that if the Titans lose this Sunday their season is basically over. Tannehill is a veteran QB. He hasn't been a great QB but he has been a decent QB. And now he has the best offensive weapons he's ever had - Corey Davis, A. J. Brown, Adam Humphries, Delanie Walker, and Derrick Henry. They are excellent.

Plus, a few days ago the Titans got their 2019 1st round pick into the mix. He plays Defensive Tackle. The Titans already have a top 5 defense and now they're getting to bring in their first round pick to help that defense. His name is Jefferey Simmons. He was supposed to be picked within the top 5 players of the 2019 draft. Before the draft he tore an ACL so he dropped to number 19, where the Titans grabbed him. This guy is incredible. Virtually all analysts call him a "generational talent". He's saying he feels great, he wants to play, and he's ready to play, but it's still up to the coaches. He's been practicing all week. He does say he feels a little rusty because he's sat out since February this year. If he plays Sunday he might just be part of the rotation rather than do full-time work. But if he handles rotation work well then coaches might just stick him in full-time after the half. We'll see. I'm really hoping to see him play.

That's the back story. Right now I'm taking the Titans by 6. I might change my mind tomorrow depending on the injury list. If they win Sunday's game their chances of going to the playoffs increase quite a bit, especially since Patrick Mahomes might be sitting on the bench when the Titans play the Chiefs in 4 weeks. Mahomes being on the bench would be a HUGE break for the Titans and it gives the Titans players reason to keep fighting for a playoff spot since a Patrick Mahomes led Chiefs team would probably be the biggest challenge the Titans would face all Regular Season. If Mahomes is out of that game it instantly becomes a tossup, with the Titans having home field advantage.
Last edited by nameless 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

I think football is your best subject, @nameless, especially when it comes to the Titans.
Tennessee are favored by 2.5 against the Chargers so I will take the Titans -2.5.

The New York Football Giants play the Arizona Cardinals at home this week with the Giants also being 2.5 point favorites.
I really hope they can get back on track and start winning again.

Go Giants and go Titans!!

What are your thoughts, @Yettee?
I ate her ass.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
I think football is your best subject, @nameless, especially when it comes to the Titans.
Tennessee are favored by 2.5 against the Chargers so I will take the Titans -2.5.

The New York Football Giants play the Arizona Cardinals at home this week with the Giants also being 2.5 point favorites.
I really hope they can get back on track and start winning again.

Go Giants and go Titans!!

What are your thoughts, @Yettee?
It's a tough one. I don't have a good read on Kyler Murray.

Giants -2.5. I think Saquon will return, could be the start of a special offense.

But the Lock of the Week(c) is clearly the 49ers -9.5 vs. the Redskins. The 49ers look like a very good team, the skins look like a very bad team. To me that should = a larger point spread.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Titans win by 3, Giants lose again and the 49ers win by 9. Fucking 9!
Only half a point in it, regarding the spread.
I ate her ass.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
I need to see the Titans injury report on Wednesday before I can decide if I'll pick them to win or lose.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
It shows how crazy accurate the oddsmakers are. Two of these games they picked within half a point. :shock:

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by nameless » 3 months ago

The Titans have some key players injured. Ugh. Delanie Walker and Adoree Jackson are out. Plus they won't have their starting kicker this week. More ugh. I'm still going to take the Titans but these injuries really weaken a team's chances to win a specific game. I'm taking the Titans by 6 points.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

I'm nervous picking the Titans to win and even more nervous about picking the New York Giants over Detroit.

But I'll pick New York with the +6.5 as well as picking the Titans straight up (no points handicap) over Tamp Bay.
Titans are actually 2.5 point favorites.
I ate her ass.