American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Re: American football thread

Post by blackg » 3 weeks ago

nameless wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'm taking the Falcons over the Titans on Sunday.
Mate, come on! Don't give up so soon. I'll take the Titans to come back with a vengeance.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

@nameless @Yettee
I'm seeing a +4.5 spread to Tennessee against the Atlanta Falcons for Sundays game.
What are your thoughts?

1pm eastern, 10am pacific, namejob. Be there!

yettee
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
@nameless @Yettee
I'm seeing a +4.5 spread to Tennessee against the Atlanta Falcons for Sundays game.
What are your thoughts?

1pm eastern, 10am pacific, namejob. Be there!
I'd take the Falcons. But I mean, it could go either way.

On the other hand, my Lock of the Week (c) is the Pats -7 at Buffalo. I can't imagine that the Bills are actually good, and I think the Pats will want to make a statement. That said the Bills apparently have a great defense, so...? But still ... Pats.

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 2 weeks ago

American sports such as basketball and american football are nothing but an exhibition of elite genetics for cucks to admire. We will never see an incel like 5ft7 Modric win player of the year in American "sports". Keep worshipping your 6'4'' Chad Brady, American cucks.

DerPapillus
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by DerPapillus » 2 weeks ago

Pat wrote:
2 weeks ago
American sports such as basketball and american football are nothing but an exhibition of elite genetics for cucks to admire. We will never see an incel like 5ft7 Modric win player of the year in American "sports". Keep worshipping your 6'4'' Chad Brady, American cucks.
Martin Ødegaard would definitely be an aestethic upgrade in that sense. Fingers crossed ;)
''I have hope for life man'' - buckthorn, 2018

Pat
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 2 weeks ago

DerPapillus wrote:
2 weeks ago
Martin Ødegaard would definitely be an aestethic upgrade in that sense. Fingers crossed ;)
Shortly after the Ballon d'Or was held in 2018 I talked to a girl about it. She said that Modric didn't deserve it, and that she would rather that Ronaldo won again. I disagreed and pointed out how important Modric was for his team in the world cup. Her response: "But he's so ugly, though."

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Pat wrote:
2 weeks ago
This thread is a cuck free zone, Pat. And please stop mentioning other piddling sports in this thread, after all, this thread is titled American Football Thread.

Besides, Brady would kick that manlet's ass and steal his tiny 50cc bike.

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Post by Exodus » 2 weeks ago

Pat wrote:
2 weeks ago
doesn't almost everything in life boil down to good genes? nerdy stuff? hot talented smart people with powers. artsy stuff? hot people. sports? athletic people. academics? smart people. humanity is created and defined by those with good genes

anyways I don't see why it matters. i'm not even into team sports but people find the sport fun and the finesse and control and power involved in it. theres also the association between the team and its history, its players and their home.

i watch pro gaming and i can appreciate that, because i play the games i watch and know how hard it is to do those things. usually people who don't like pro sports don't play them so they don't understand how impressive the athletic feats are.

also why wouldn't soccer/football require good genetics too? sure not as much power required as american sports but perhaps even more agility and speed and reflexes and stamina right?

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Well said, @Exodus.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 weeks ago

Pat wrote:
2 weeks ago
Shortly after the Ballon d'Or was held in 2018 I talked to a girl about it. She said that Modric didn't deserve it, and that she would rather that Ronaldo won again. I disagreed and pointed out how important Modric was for his team in the world cup. Her response: "But he's so ugly, though."

She's right though, just for the completely wrong reasons
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

I'm embarrassed to have not realized this on such elegantly succinct terms.

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
Well said, @Exodus.
i'm not into team sports but i find american football somewhat interesting. its kind of the easiest sport to get into. someone explained it to me as war, each team has to gain territory so to speak with the yards thing. I also learned a bit about it playing NFL games which were kind of fun. I just dislike how often the breaks are, half the time the players aren't even moving :lol:

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Exodus wrote:
2 weeks ago
i'm not into team sports but i find american football somewhat interesting. its kind of the easiest sport to get into. someone explained it to me as war, each team has to gain territory so to speak with the yards thing. I also learned a bit about it playing NFL games which were kind of fun. I just dislike how often the breaks are, half the time the players aren't even moving :lol:
Yes mate. It's the constant stopping for commercials in American football that rub me at times. Believe me, this constant interruption wouldn't fly here in Australia.
But luckily for me, because of the time difference between the U.S. and Australia, most of these games are played as I sleep so I record them and watch them when I get home from work.
I just fast forward the adds and timeouts.

Yes it is a very war like game at times in terms of holding on to territory and obviously preventing the opposite team from crossing the "end zone" in which you are guarding. Every inch of turf is important and that's why I love the game.
Plus it's violent but there is an intelligence and strategy behind the violence.

Exodus
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

blackg wrote:
2 weeks ago
Yes mate. It's the constant stopping for commercials in American football that rub me at times. Believe me, this constant interruption wouldn't fly here in Australia.
But luckily for me, because of the time difference between the U.S. and Australia, most of these games are played as I sleep so I record them and watch them when I get home from work.
I just fast forward the adds and timeouts.

Yes it is a very war like game at times in terms of holding on to territory and obviously preventing the opposite team from crossing the "end zone" in which you are guarding. Every inch of turf is important and that's why I love the game.
Plus it's violent but there is an intelligence and strategy behind the violence.
i'm not talking about stopping for commercials, i'm talking about how they have a 30 second play and then stop and do another play. not sure what it's called

and yea its definitely very strategic, on the NFL games my mind was blown by how many different plays there were. really complex

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Exodus wrote:
2 weeks ago
i'm not talking about stopping for commercials, i'm talking about how they have a 30 second play and then stop and do another play. not sure what it's called.
Well, any given play usually only last a few seconds.
After a play, 40 seconds start counting down on the play clock and the offensive and defensive teams huddle.

The offensive team receives the next play call from the coaching staff via the quarterback's helmet.
They (offense) have that 40 seconds (from the end of the previous play) to huddle, then get to the line of scrimmage and run the next play.

I actually like this part of the game. As long as the game clock is running.

nameless
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: None at this time.

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote:
3 weeks ago
Mate, come on! Don't give up so soon. I'll take the Titans to come back with a vengeance.
I'm predicting another embarrassing performance by the Titans tomorrow.