American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

American football thread

Post by blackg » 1 month ago

yettee wrote: 1 month ago Gentlemen;

Chiefs at Ravens. Ravens -3.5

Cowboys at Seahawks. Seahawks -4.5 *LOCK OF THE WEEK*

TB at Broncos. TB -6

Raiders at NE. NE -5.5
You definitely got your lock of the week, mate! Seahawks won by 7.
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom (but just say no)

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

American football thread

Post by yettee » 1 month ago

blackg wrote: 1 month ago You definitely got your lock of the week, mate! Seahawks won by 7.
Thank you Sir. I am now 5-1 with the spread. That would mean good $ if I were actually betting...

I thought your Browns -7.5 was a gutsy and good call, that's a lot of points, even against the "Footballers". Maybe the Browns are actually a decent team?

The Giants and Jets are both awful, do you think they can turn it around and make the playoffs nameless?
nameless wrote: 1 month ago The Titan are barely able to beat below-average teams. Now they face Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and the Texans the next 3 games. Pittsburgh and Buffalo are good teams and the Texans are at least average.

Do you guys think the Titans can beat good teams?
I didn't see the game either, and yeah, I think they have a shot to win those games. The Texans aren't good, definitely beatable. Pittsburgh is much better but I think they are also beatable by the Titans. The Bills... Josh Allen is playing great. If he can maintain that, then I think they'll be tough to beat and could become an elite team by the end of this year or next year. Let's see how consistent he is.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Damn, we all lost on the Ravens. They let the forum down!

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

American football thread

Post by nameless » 1 month ago

blackg wrote: 1 month ago Damn, we all lost on the Ravens. They let the forum down!
The Chiefs beat the Ravens in Baltimore.

. And the Chiefs didn't just beat the Ravens - they beat them by 2 touchdowns.

The're going to be tough to beat this year

The Chiefs have to be the favorite to go to the Superbowl and win.
Last edited by nameless 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

nameless wrote: 1 month ago And the Chiefs didn't just beat the Ravens - they beat them by 2 touchdowns.
Yeah, very impressive. I think Mahomes just may earn his half billion dollars. They seem to have the Ravens number... it is interesting how the Chiefs are clearly the best team, the Ravens are clearly 2nd best, and then there's this kind of wide gap under both of them. The Ravens must be very frustrated...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

yettee wrote: 1 month ago Yeah, very impressive. I think Mahomes just may earn his half billion dollars. They seem to have the Ravens number... it is interesting how the Chiefs are clearly the best team, the Ravens are clearly 2nd best, and then there's this kind of wide gap under both of them. The Ravens must be very frustrated...
Buffalo Bills and the Tennessee Titans both looking good at this time of the year too.

Added in 5 hours 15 minutes 40 seconds:
Damn! Things aren't looking good for the Titans. 3 players and 5 player personnel have tested positive for Covid-19.

This could ruin not only the Titans season but the entire NFL 2020.
Last edited by blackg 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

blackg wrote: 1 month ago Buffalo Bills and the Tennessee Titans both looking good at this time of the year too.

Damn! Things aren't looking good for the Titans. 3 players and 5 player personal have tested positive for Covid-19.

Wow. Yeah thats a big deal. Well... the Titans played the Vikings last week. The Vikings are scheduled to play the Texans next week, and the Titans play the Steelers. Maybe one or both of these games will end up postponed or cancelled...? Anyway baseball postponed (or cancelled?) several games but managed to make a season out of it so I bet the season goes on no matter what.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 4 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 1 month ago Buffalo Bills and the Tennessee Titans both looking good at this time of the year too.

Damn! Things aren't looking good for the Titans. 3 players and 5 player personnel have tested positive for Covid-19.

Will you finally agree that the Titans are in trouble?

I think the league should give the Steelers and Titans this week off and call it their "bye" week. They could play the game the following week.

If the Titans and Steelers play this Sunday then my pick for that game is the Steelers over the Titans.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Post by blackg » 4 weeks ago

Good point about a possible early bye week for the Titans and Steelers, @nameless.

I will only admit that the Titans are now in trouble because of Covid. Before that they were a well oiled football team.
I've been really impressed by the play from their duo of tight ends.
Also they have the best cornerback in the league: Malcom Butler!
Who needs Adoree' Jackson?

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 4 weeks ago Good point about a possible early bye week for the Titans and Steelers, @nameless.

I will only admit that the Titans are now in trouble because of Covid. Before that they were a well oiled football team.
I've been really impressed by the play from their duo of tight ends.
Also they have the best cornerback in the league: Malcom Butler!
Who needs Adoree' Jackson?
I agree with you about the Titans TEs. I think the TE unit is one of their best units.

Malcolm Butler is their CB2 and he got burnt some last week in the game against Minnesota. Adoree Jackson is their CB1. He's a badass.

The problem with the Covid 19 situation is that people can test negative for 3 - 7 days after infection. There's an incubation period.
This means that even more Titans players might be infected but they aren't testing positive yet and they might test positive as the next few days go by.
I think that's why the game is being delayed. The league wants to see if more Titans players are infected before exposing the Steelers' players to the Titans players.

Right now only 1 Titans starter is out - DL Daquan Jones. But the Long Snapper (holds the football steady for the FG kicker) is also out.

Added in 9 hours 18 minutes 2 seconds:
@yettee and @blackg did you guys see the Titans versus Minnesota? It was a nail-biter. The Titans won in a squeaker again. It looked like the Vikings would win and then the Titans pulled out the win it looked like the Titans won by luck. And all 3 of the teams they've eked out wins against are mediocre teams. The Titan are barely able to beat mediocre teams. Now they face Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and the Texans in the next 3 games. Pittsburgh and Buffalo are good teams and the Texans are a solid team.

Do you guys think the Titans can beat good teams?

Another Titans player test positive for Covid - 19.

The Pittsburgh game is being moved to later in the season.

There will be no Titans game this week.
Last edited by nameless 4 weeks ago, edited 4 times in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

@nameless, I've been watching Titans v. Vikings on YouTube. Though at this stage I'v only seen the first quarter.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 4 weeks ago @nameless, I've been watching Titans v. Vikings on YouTube. Though at this stage I'v only seen the first quarter.
How do you watch the game on utube? I can't find full games on utube.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

nameless wrote: 4 weeks ago How do you watch the game on utube? I can't find full games on utube.
I get every full game through the official NFL YouTube channel. Though I have to wait at least 24 hours after the game's been played.

Maybe I get this because I live outside the U.S. One of the perks from living down here.

Oh!! And now I've watched the first half; you were right about Malcom Butler being burned a few times
How did you see this game anyway. You're not in the Tennessee market/area are ya?

Added in 14 minutes 23 seconds:
nameless wrote: 4 weeks ago Do you guys think the Titans can beat good teams?
Put it this way: I think the Titans can get lucky against the better teams in the league.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

@Yettee, @nameless.
How good was it to see that the Raaaiders beat the Cheifs on Sunday!

I'm drinking now watching the replay of the game, played in the gorgeous Kansas City sunshine.

Anyway, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the New Orleans Saints (-6.5) will beat the L.A. Chargers in just a few hours on Monday Night Football.

I also think that the Titans will beat the bills at home on Tuesday night.
What say you two?
I can't seem to find a line for this games as the Titans' Covid situation is still in flux.

Go blue!

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 2 weeks ago @Yettee, @nameless.
How good was it to see that the Raaaiders beat the Cheifs on Sunday!

I'm drinking now watching the replay of the game, played in the gorgeous Kansas City sunshine.

Anyway, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the New Orleans Saints (-6.5) will beat the L.A. Chargers in just a few hours on Monday Night Football.

I also think that the Titans will beat the bills at home on Tuesday night.
What say you two?
I can't seem to find a line for this games as the Titans' Covid situation is still in flux.

Go blue!
G.

Yeah... you know, we weren't wrong to pick the Ravens vs. the Chiefs. KC are great, but they are definitely beatable if Mahomes is anything less than perfect. The Raiders are also better than advertised.

Depending on the line, if it's actually played, I might be tempted to take the Bills vs. the Titans. That ain't an official pick though, let's wait for the line. If there is one.