American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

American football thread

Post by blackg » 2 weeks ago

Thanks, nameless.
I agree with you about the Titans and I'll be rooting for them Monday night against the Broncos.
But I will take the Bucks over New Orleans on Sunday.

@Yettee have you got a 'lock' for the opening round?
Roe v. Wade has got to stay

Exodus
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

American football thread

Post by Exodus » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 2 weeks ago Thanks, nameless.
I agree with you about the Titans and I'll be rooting for them Monday night against the Broncos.
But I will take the Bucks over New Orleans on Sunday.

@Yettee have you got a 'lock' for the opening round?
do you "tribute" your favorite teams by letting your young white sisters, wife, and mother hang out with them? those young strong black bucks definitely need to let "loose" after a game so to speak :smirk:

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

American football thread

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 2 weeks ago @Yettee have you got a 'lock' for the opening round?
ill be honest, seeing posts like what was just posted a minute ago in another thread has really sapped my motivation to post much here. (still an avid reader though, ha)

that said, pats -6.5.

steelers -5.5 also looks good to me but its hard to know how the giants will react to the new staff, so its more iffy i think.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Exodus wrote: 2 weeks ago do you "tribute" your favorite teams by letting your young white sisters, wife, and mother hang out with them? those young strong black bucks definitely need to let "loose" after a game so to speak :smirk:
Stop fantasizing, exo.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, topical Progesterone 2% (topical only, Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

American football thread

Post by rclark » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 3 months ago @Yettee @nameless will there be a football season this year?

If there is, there may be one without crowds in the stadia, at least for the first month or so.
Yes, because Trump said there should be one. Enough said.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: None at this time.

American football thread

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

yettee wrote: 2 weeks ago ill be honest, seeing posts like what was just posted a minute ago in another thread has really sapped my motivation to post much here. (still an avid reader though, ha)

that said, pats -6.5.

steelers -5.5 also looks good to me but its hard to know how the giants will react to the new staff, so its more iffy i think.
Which thread did you see the offending post in? Being the gawker than I am I would like to check it out.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago Which thread did you see the offending post in? Being the gawker than I am I would like to check it out.
Let's just worry about football.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 2 weeks ago

blackg wrote: 2 weeks ago Let's just worry about football.
i want to read the posts that got bothered yettee. He isn't annoyed easily so they must be pretty bad.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

Post by yettee » 2 weeks ago

nameless wrote: 2 weeks ago i want to
its not hard to find such posts... "it is what it is"

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

I'm really excited to see how Brady and Gronk go in the Bucks uniform. I hope it's not a disaster.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Adoree Jackson won't be on the field. The Titans put him on IR. He's out for AT LEAST 3 weeks. Not good. He's the Titans' top CB and he's one of the best at his position in the league.

Added in 23 minutes 32 seconds:
Nine minutes to go in the 2nd qtr and the Giants are ahead 10 to 9.

Added in 4 minutes 50 seconds:
blackg wrote: 2 weeks ago I'm really excited to see how Brady and Gronk go in the Bucks uniform. I hope it's not a disaster.
The first game didn't work out so well for the Bucs, did it? Don't worry, it's just the 1st game All the new players and old players are learning to work together. They didn't have much of a pre-season to learn to work together. I picked the Bucs to go to the expanded playoffs but I know they'll lose some games. They should win most of their games though. That's my bet. It's best to stick with them and give them some time to learn to mesh.

Added in 1 hour 59 minutes 7 seconds:
The Giants got their behinds kicked in their own stadium. They were pulling ahead of the Steelers and wearing the Steeler's defense down but their QB threw two interceptions that gave the game to the Steelers.

Now comes the Titans versus Denver. The Titans are without their top CB but the Broncos are without 2 of their top 3 receivers so that evens things up somewhat. This should be a good game.

Added in 3 hours 32 minutes 1 second:
The Titans won and that means I won 3 of my 4 picks.

Nameless = 75%.

Blackg = 50%

Yeette = did not make picks.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

Post by yettee » 1 week ago

nameless wrote: 1 week ago Nameless = 75%.

Blackg = 50%

Yeette = did not make picks.
Look above. Yeette picked the Pats -6.5 and the Steelers -5.5 and won both picks. Yeette 100%

By the way, being that you're apparently checking these :) , are you including the line in your picks? It's obviously much, much easier to pick games without consideration of the line. For example you picked the Titans, but they won by 2, not 3. The line was Titans -3. So you actually lost that pick unless you completely ignore the line.

Not sure how much more I'll participate, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. :D

By the way I know you picked the Jets and Giants to reach the playoffs as part of your group pick... both are terrible teams, especially the Jets. I'd guess that one or both won't make it. Though I root for the Giants, who knows maybe the new staff will work things out.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

yettee wrote: 1 week ago Look above. Yeette picked the Pats -6.5 and the Steelers -5.5 and won both picks. Yeette 100%

By the way, being that you're apparently checking these :) , are you including the line in your picks? It's obviously much, much easier to pick games without consideration of the line. For example you picked the Titans, but they won by 2, not 3. The line was Titans -3. So you actually lost that pick unless you completely ignore the line.

Not sure how much more I'll participate, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. :D

By the way I know you picked the Jets and Giants to reach the playoffs as part of your group pick... both are terrible teams, especially the Jets. I'd guess that one or both won't make it. Though I root for the Giants, who knows maybe the new staff will work things out.

You're right, you are 100%. You lead the pack. And I'm not picking the lines. It would be too much for me because I evaluated the wins/losses for each team throughout the regular season. It was a lot of studying. I made my bets at BetMGM already and when I picked my 4 teams I first had to evaluate every team's personnel & situation, and then come project each team's final record and which teams would and wouldn't go to the playoffs. There's about 520 total games each year and it was a lot of work to try to project them all but I did it. I place my bets on win/loss records and/or which teams will go to the playoffs among all the teams. If I had also factored in the lines I wouldn't have figured out my bets until the season's over. This is why I'm just picking games - I didn't do my betting week-to-week. I already turned in my bets for the entire season.

Yettee - 100%

Nameless - 75%

Blackg - 50%

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

Good to see the Titans win! Bucks looked poor but as nameless said: they could take a while to gell.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 1 week ago Good to see the Titans win! Bucks looked poor but as nameless said: they could take a while to gell.
You are in 3rd place with a 50% success/failure rate.

Added in 9 minutes 19 seconds:
For week 2 I'm making the following 5 picks:

Kansas City to beat the Chargers in LA.

49ers to beat the Jets in New Jersey

Tampa Bay to beat the Panthers in Tampa

Chicago to beat the Giants in Chicago

The Jaguars to beat the Titans in Nashville