American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

American football thread

Post by nameless » 7 months ago

yettee wrote: 7 months ago But in my personal interaction with you on this site, Trump made a decision that I said I thought was "spur of the moment", a simple and short comment, and you went ballistic. You called me a liar, a moron, lots of stuff, just as you've called other people names - often when expressing anything negative about Trump. So I'm assuming that something similar may have happened here.
Yup, That's similar to how things went south between he and I. I ragged on Trump/GOP so he began insulting me, and he just can't let go. Sorry you got drug into this crap. Remember, it's best to stay cool. I hope you can make it stop between you two. He gets obsessed with hacking on someone when he gets mad at the person.

Added in 4 minutes 21 seconds:
JLBB, it's a bad idea to fight with anyone other than me. You see, if you only fight with me then you have a chance of convincing other posters that it's my fault we're bicking, but if you bicker at other posters too then you start getting a rep for being a problem personality. Just saying....

So why don't you just leave Yettee alone and focus your attacks solely on me?

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 3 months ago

yettee wrote: 3 months ago Should be fun to see what TB does.
I learned my lesson this year... never bet on the Jets!
I'm back. I just went to the store for a late night snack.

Are you going to place an NFL bet this year?

I'm still trying to nail down which team I'm betting on this year.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

American football thread

Post by yettee » 3 months ago

nameless wrote: 3 months ago Are you going to place an NFL bet this year?

I'm still trying to nail down which team I'm betting on this year.

Not an actual bet, but I think it's hard to pick against KC. To me they seemed to almost casually win the title, other teams were more dominant for most of the year. With the confidence of having won they should be even better. 9ers should be great again too. Joe Burrow seems to be a great kid, will be rooting for the Bengals... and Giants, and TB to some extent. Will be interesting to see how the Pats do if they play Stidham.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

yettee wrote: 3 months ago Not an actual bet, but I think it's hard to pick against KC. To me they seemed to almost casually win the title, other teams were more dominant for most of the year. With the confidence of having won they should be even better. 9ers should be great again too. Joe Burrow seems to be a great kid, will be rooting for the Bengals... and Giants, and TB to some extent. Will be interesting to see how the Pats do if they play Stidham.
It IS very hard to bet against KC. That offense is amazing. They did fall behind against the Texans and the Titans but then they regrouped and they were unstoppable. But as good as the Chiefs are, I don't think there's much profit to be made if I bet on them. Do you know what I could win if I bet $500 on the Chiefs?

And I don't think the Texans or the Titans can stand in the way of the Chiefs. The Texans lost DeAndre Hopkins, D.J Reader, and Carlos Hyde. The Titans lost both Jack Conklin and Jurrell Casey. Some of the guys that the Texans and Titans lost are elite so no matter that the Texans and Titans slowed KC down last year I don't think either team can ever slow KC down this year.

I think KC will the 2021 SB, and if they win the 2021 SB that means they'll also win the AFC Championship Game. I'm thinking about betting on which NFC team will win the NFC Championship Game this time. There might be some money to be made in that game.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

American football thread

Post by blackg » 3 months ago

nameless wrote: 3 months ago 1. Your story keeps changing, dog. First you said you weren't supportive of me because I wished JLBB would die and now you're saying you don't support me because I brought one of my attacker's family into the argument. Make up your mind, halfwit.

2. The big battle that ensued isn't what I wanted. I was just fighting back.

3a. You Admin and moderator were the ones who caused the problem to reach the point it reached. I blocked JLBB for about a month but you Admin staff still allowed him to say nasty things about me even though I wasn't responding to him. So your claim that you don't support me because I ragged on my attackers is bullshit since there was a period for about a month where i wasn't fighting back againsg JLBB, he was still making harassment-type posts at me, I reported his harassment to staff, and staff did nothing to make him stop it. As a matter of fact, you're such a creep that YOU actually pleaded with me to take him off ignore so he & I could bicker more. You're a pig, man. I ignored the creep and YOU actually wanted me get back in the fight, you sanctimonious hypocrite.

3b. When it comes to PJ, he and i agreed on a peace where I would not post at him and he would not post at me. It was done. And it was working. Then he started harassing me about my psych issues, and he later stated that he did that because he saw JLBB doing it and it looked like "fun". In other words, he was symbolically trying to become a member of the American Idol audience sitting in the audience laughing at the troubled person who behaves differently. And I was to be the person who gets laughed at for being different. I reported PJ's harassment to Admin multiple times over the few days that PJ was harassing me. If there really is a rule against harassment, and if it applies to all of us, then all Admin had to do was send PJ one PM informing him to stop harassing me and I'm sure he would have stopped. PJ is NOT LIKE psychopath JLBB. PJ doesn't really mean any harm. He just didn't understand that what he was doing is harmful. if Admin had simply told him 1 time to cease, he would have ceased, and he would still be here today. And you follow in the same unfair tradition of previous leadership here. I don't care what you think. I think you're a pile of shit and I consider that whenever you open your mouth.
Thanks mate. I hope you stick around for the upcoming NFL season. If you decide to support the Bucks, I'm with you on that one.
I just can't support your hatred of everyone. But stick around 'til September at least.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

The NFL could change their collective mind and cancel the season.
Last edited by nameless 3 months ago, edited 3 times in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

@Yettee @nameless will there be a football season this year?

If there is, there may be one without crowds in the stadia, at least for the first month or so.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 3 months ago @Yettee @nameless will there be a football season this year?

If there is, there may be one without crowds in the stadia, at least for the first month or so.
Right now, I'm thinking San Francisco, the Giants, or the Jets.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

nameless wrote: 3 months ago Right now, I'm thinking San Francisco, the Giants, or the Jets.
Make your mind up, nameless. For me it's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Brady and Gronk's last hurrah!

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 2 months ago

Well, I made my football bets.

I used the same formula for 2020 that I used last year (2019) when I picked the Titans to go to the playoffs and win the AFC Championship Game and SB. Last year I bet most of my money on the Titans to go to the playoffs and I won that bet big but I did lose my bets that the Titans would win the AFC Championship Game and SB. But since most of my money went on the Titans to go to the playoffs I won more money than I lost.

I want teams with exciting odds that have a big chance of going to the playoffs and maybe further. I want teams that most people are sleeping on. Using the same formula I used to bet on the Titans last year the AFC Jets and Chiefs are both stronger than the Titans were last year and in the NFC the Buccaneers and Giants are also stronger than the Titans were last year based on my formula.

And I even factored in the Coronavirus when I made my bets. Factoring in the Coronavirus is important because some players may opt out of the 2020 season. Ignore that fact at your peril.

in my opinion the top 4 teams in the league are the JETS and the Chiefs in the AFC and Tampa Bay and the Giants in the NFC. All 4 of these teams will likely go to the playoffs so the smart bet is to bet on all 4 teams to make the playoffs. That's what I did. I bet that the JETS and Chiefs will go to the AFC playoffs and the Giants and Tampa Bay will go to the NFC playoffs. I bet $6,000. I bet $1,500 on each of those 4 teams to go to the playoffs.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

The Jets are probably the biggest concern to make the playoffs in my opinion. Good luck anyway.

P.S. I'm glad you included the Bucks in your top four.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 2 months ago The Jets are probably the biggest concern to make the playoffs in my opinion. Good luck anyway.

P.S. I'm glad you included the Bucks in your top four.
The Jets, the Bucs, the Chiefs, and the Giants are all going to the playoffs according to the same measuring criteria I used last year when I picked the Titans PLUS also factoring that some players may not play because of the Coronavirus.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Post by blackg » 2 months ago

As long as the quality of American football is up to par this year; all is right in the empire.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

I used the same criteria this year that I used last year when I took the Titans and look how right I was. I was practically the only person in the world who took the Titans and I was right about them. They didn't go all the way to the SB but they went deep into the playoffs and I won big on them. This year I'm not betting on the SB or AFC and NFC Championship Game. This year I'm only betting on 4 teams that will go to the playoffs. My 4 picks are as follows:

I'm taking these two AFC teams to go to the playoffs - the Jets and Chiefs

I'm taking these two NFC teams to go to the playoffs - the Buccaneers and Giants

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 1 week ago

Even though I'm taking the Jets, Chiefs, Buccaneers, and Giants to make the playoffs that doesn't mean I'm predicting that those 4 teams will win every game they play. It will only take 8 or 9 wins (at the most) to reach the playoffs this year since the number of playoff teams have been expanded. I understand that and I'm making my picks accordingly. The teams i pick do not have to win right out the gate in order to win 8 or 9 games this season.

With that in mind - I pick:

Buffalo to beat the Jets in New York this Sunday.
New Orleans to beat Tampa Bay in New Orleans this Sunday.
New York Giants to beat Pittsburgh at Metlife Stadium this Monday.

And since I didn't make my pick for the Houston/KC game before that game I'll pick the Titans over the Broncos, also on Monday night. i was going to take the Broncos to beat the Titans (in difficult to breathe Mile High Stadium) until I read that both Von Miller and Cutland Sutton will be out versus the Titans. That's just too much talent to lose and still be a winner.

AFTER the second week of 2020, I expect the Titans will start losing OFTEN. I think they'll beat both Denver and the Jaguars and then I think the Titans should lose 3 of the next 4. In those 4 games will play Minnesota, the Steelers, Buffalo, and Houston. They could lose all 4 of them but should lose at least 3 of them.
Last edited by nameless 1 week ago, edited 2 times in total.