American football thread

Discuss everything else: politics, society, culture, science, philosophy, ideas, etc.
yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Minoxidil

American football thread

Post by yettee » 8 months ago

nameless wrote: 8 months ago I really don't think so yettee. I don't think anyone is "comfortable" when the temperature is 15 to 20 degrees.
You know what I am saying, he who is without a name. They are more accustomed to the cold.

In any event it should be a great game.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

American football thread

Post by nameless » 8 months ago

yettee wrote: 8 months ago You know what I am saying, he who is without a name. They are more accustomed to the cold.
The Chiefs have more experience with cold weather than Tennessee but neither team will like the cold windy weather tomorrow and I think the cold windy weather should hurt the passing games more than the running games. And I think that's worse for KC than the Titans because KC relies more on the pass than the Titans do.
Last edited by nameless 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

nameless wrote: 8 months ago OK, the Chiefs may be more accustomed to the cold than Tennessee but neither team will like the cold windy weather tomorrow and I think the cold windy weather should hurt the passing games more than the running games. And I think that's worse for KC than the Titans because KC relies more on the pass than the Titans do.
You're probably right about that. Really should be a good game...

In other news, I'm taking the 49ers -7.5 vs the Packers. I hate that .5, but it exists and I acknowledge it. The 9ers are fantastic this year, would be great to see them take on either the Titans or the Chiefs.

49ers -7.5

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

American football thread

Post by blackg » 8 months ago

But let's not underestimate the Chiefs running game. I also hope that Derrick Henry hasn't been reading too many fawning articles about himself.

I'm seeing a line of +7.5 to Titans.
Me and my friends are like, double-whiskey-coke-no-ice.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 8 months ago But let's not underestimate the Chiefs running game. I also hope that Derrick Henry hasn't been reading too many fawning articles about himself.

I'm seeing a line of +7.5 to Titans.
The Chief's running game is middle of the pack.

I really don't see how Henry could possibly keep from seeing some of the fawning articles about him because those articles are everywhere. Even people who don't like the Titans are raving about Henry.

Added in 41 seconds:
yettee wrote: 8 months ago You're probably right about that. Really should be a good game...

In other news, I'm taking the 49ers -7.5 vs the Packers. I hate that .5, but it exists and I acknowledge it. The 9ers are fantastic this year, would be great to see them take on either the Titans or the Chiefs.

49ers -7.5
I'm taking the 49ers too. And I changed my mind about the Chiefs being more "accustomed" to the cold than the Titans. After thinking about it I've decided that the furthest I'll go is to say that the Chiefs have MORE EXPERIENCE with the cold than the Titans do but neither team thrives in it. I think both teams will be adversely affected by the cold and wind and I think that the Chiefs will suffer more for it because they rely more on the passing game and cold windy weather weakens the passing game more than the running game.

This means I've made up my mind about which team the weather favors. I've decided the weather favors the Titans.

All I have left to see is which players (on both teams) will be held out of the game for health reasons.
Last edited by nameless 8 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

yettee wrote: 8 months ago You're probably right about that. Really should be a good game...

49ers -7.5
I like the 0.5 because it means there cannot effectively be a drawn result regarding line betting. (I'm sure you already know this)

I'm actually surprised when betting agencies don't offer the 0.5.

Maybe it saves them money.

Added in 15 minutes 33 seconds:
nameless wrote: 8 months ago The Chief's running game is middle of the pack.
Jesus nameless let's not tempt fate!

Added in 52 minutes 33 seconds:
Well it goes without saying that I'm taking the Titans. I think it will be a tight one, Titans by 3.

As for the NFC... Are they playing this Sunday too? Joking, I guess I will listen to Yettee and take the 49ers. I will do it in honor of the Bay area and Joe Cool.

Added in 4 hours 29 minutes 46 seconds:
This game will come on at 7am East Coast Australian Daylight time, Monday morning.
It's going to be a tough wake-up.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

blackg wrote: 8 months ago I like the 0.5 because it means there cannot effectively be a drawn result regarding line betting. (I'm sure you already know this)

I'm actually surprised when betting agencies don't offer the 0.5.

Maybe it saves them money.

Added in 15 minutes 33 seconds:

Jesus nameless let's not tempt fate!

Added in 52 minutes 33 seconds:
Well it goes without saying that I'm taking the Titans. I think it will be a tight one, Titans by 3.

As for the NFC... Are they playing this Sunday too? Joking, I guess I will listen to Yettee and take the 49ers. I will do it in honor of the Bay area and Joe Cool.

Added in 4 hours 29 minutes 46 seconds:
This game will come on at 7am East Coast Australian Daylight time, Monday morning.
It's going to be a tough wake-up.
I overslept. There's 2 minutes left in the half.

Added in 17 minutes :
Ugh!

All of the Titans starters are active (except the ones on IR) and the Titans are still behind 21 to 17 at the half. It doesn't look good so far.

Added in 15 minutes 8 seconds:
Kansas City is so confident that they went for it on 4th and 3 at their own 24 yard line.

Yes, they converted.

Scary stuff.

Added in 55 minutes 29 seconds:
The game isn't officially over but it's over anyway. The Chiefs are ahead by 11 and there's only 4 minutes left in the game.

The Titans lost.

I won 2 of my 4 bets.

I bet the Titans would go better than 8 and 8 in the regular season.

I bet the Titans would go to the playoffs.

I bet the Titans would win the AFC Championship game.

I bet the Titans would win the SB.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

I overslept too and have just finished watching this game on replay. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Congrats to the Titans on a great season regardless, and congratulations to you nameless for seeing something in the Titans that many could not.

I'm feeling rather flat right now.
Last edited by blackg 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

blackg wrote: 8 months ago I overslept too and have just finished watching this game on replay. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Congrats to the Titans on a great season regardless, and congratulations to you nameless for seeing something in the Titans that not many could.

I'm feeling rather flat right now.
Sorry on the Titans, guys.

Am currently enjoying the 49ers vs. Packers, 34-7. The Super Bowl should be great...

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

To be honest with you guys, this is is the first Super Bowl that I don't really care for.
I wish I could get excited for it but....

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

American football thread

Post by rclark » 8 months ago

Hairblues wrote: 1 year agoEccentric=bad
Australian women are an average of 8 inches smaller than US women. They might not see the cheerleaders. :lol:

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

American football thread

Post by blackg » 7 months ago

What are your picks for the super bowl, @Yettee @nameless?

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 7 months ago

blackg wrote: 7 months ago What are your picks for the super bowl, @Yettee @nameless?
I'm taking KC. Mahomes is unstoppable. I may end up taking KC next year too. Mahomes is just too damn good.

Added in 53 seconds:
rclark wrote: 8 months ago Australian women are an average of 8 inches smaller than US women. They might not see the cheerleaders. :lol:
No way. Are you serious?

Added in 49 seconds:
blackg wrote: 8 months ago To be honest with you guys, this is is the first Super Bowl that I don't really care for.
I wish I could get excited for it but....
Same here but I do think KC will win.

yettee
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

American football thread

Post by yettee » 7 months ago

nameless wrote: 7 months ago I'm taking KC. Mahomes is unstoppable. I may end up taking KC next year too. Mahomes is just too damn good.
Also taking KC. That said this is a tough call, SF is an excellent, extremely balanced team. But their losses to the Ravens and Seattle show that they have trouble with elite QB's, and Mahomes is probably the best. KC should win, but SF has a shot if their outstanding defense can keep it close. They are also a very well coached team and I'm sure they're dreaming up ways to try to throw off Mahomes. Could be a great game.

nameless
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

American football thread

Post by nameless » 7 months ago

yettee wrote: 7 months ago Also taking KC. That said this is a tough call, SF is an excellent, extremely balanced team. But their losses to the Ravens and Seattle show that they have trouble with elite QB's, and Mahomes is probably the best. KC should win, but SF has a shot if their outstanding defense can keep it close. They are also a very well coached team and I'm sure they're dreaming up ways to try to throw off Mahomes. Could be a great game.
Right now I'm planning to vote for Mahomes/Chiefs to go to the Superbowl next year too.